Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Dream Car
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 3 2010, 05:46 PM) *
QUOTE (Pickles @ Jun 3 2010, 06:42 PM) *
In realistic terms... A chevy S10

I must admit that I do like the looks of it. I don't know if I would like to actually use it but I'd love to give it a try.

I just want it for a first car. It's good looking, powerful, customizable, and cheap on insurance. Apparently they get horrible MPG though
demon
Powerful and cheap on insurance? That's unusual.
Is it a V8? It would help the MPG to get a smaller engine.

TreeFitty
I don't think they make it with an 8. Small pickups typically come with either a 4 or 6.
River
ok fine its not my dream car (too many to list) but its my real car.

demon
@TF

I believe that.

The MPG is more than anything affected by the way you drive it, anyway. Very small motors can sometimes do worse MPG than bigger motors, because small motors have no torque and you have to rev it.
TreeFitty
Yeah a 6 is pretty much the perfect size. My truck has a 6.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I checked online and the fuel efficiency is about 22 MPG City and 28 Highway... That's not bad, my dad's Impala does about 25 City and it's a newer sedan... I need to check where my friend gets her intel.
Heartless
I still stand by my assertion that my Toyota Echo (unmatched in mpg) will outlive everyone on this site. Including the bots.
asthenia
Yeah but people like this drive them: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2508215/toyota_echo_off_road/
demon
Fueling up the car is part of the game. That makes them enjoyable to drive. And every time you stop to fuel it up you have a chance to meet some nice chicks.
Heartless
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 4 2010, 02:17 PM) *
Fueling up the car is part of the game. That makes them enjoyable to drive. And every time you stop to fuel it up you have a chance to meet some nice chicks.

Mostly I just meet dried up old asian ladies looking for directions.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jun 3 2010, 08:04 PM) *
I still stand by my assertion that my Toyota Echo (unmatched in mpg) will outlive everyone on this site. Including the bots.

...Until the gas pedal gets stuck and you ram a telephone poll at 100mph
demon
Wasn't some of the gas pedal accidents faked?

Ex-PS Fanboy
No...
Heartless
Had the car for at least 5 years now, and nothing yet.
demon
QUOTE (Pickles @ Jun 7 2010, 05:27 PM) *
No...

A Toyota Prius owner in California was/is suspected for faking the accident. It was one similar accident in Norway where the owner/driver was later charged with insurance fraud.

I don't know how many cases it has been, but not all of them are real.
EMBO
I love how the majority of dream cars for Americans are 6 litre V8, 4 gallons to the mile trucks. While you're all driving round in those, we British folk are constantly being bombarded with adverts telling us to turn the tap off when we brush our teeth and drive 2 miles less a week to save the planet (which is fucked anyway, and no I don't believe in this global warming rubbish).

Anyhoo, my dream car atm is, realistically, a BMW M3 (new one in white with a carbon fibre roof):

If money were no object I'd probably have a Ferrari F40 or a Veyron SS (generic I know) to park across 3 disabled bays at the supermarket and wait for the "Would the owner of a Bugatti Veyron please move it..." message over the loud speakers.
River
I like the m3, but I absolutely love the m6. Ive been looking at them for a while now but my wallet doesnt want to seem to let me get one. lol. i saw a nice used one though (2007) for around 52k.
Jáger
Bugatti Veyron. Beautiful.
asthenia
I'm getting an Audi TT in a week or 2. Will post pics when I get it.
ViceMan
QUOTE (asthenia @ Aug 3 2010, 07:09 PM) *

Do you get your official "I'm a cock" certificate signed by the chairman of Audi too?
asthenia
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Aug 4 2010, 09:47 PM) *
QUOTE (asthenia @ Aug 3 2010, 07:09 PM) *

Do you get your official "I'm a cock" certificate signed by the chairman of Audi too?

Nah, my TT is a '51 model so I only get an "I'm A Douchebag" certificate.
River
Crashed my z about a week and half ago. (had it for almost 8 years? i miss it already.) Got this today tho. Its a pretty fun car. (has smg transmission)

Qdeathstar
Model & Engine Price
Range Rover Supercharged $95,125.00
Exterior Price
Rimini Red - Metallic
20 inch Diamond Turned 6-Spoke Alloys - "Style 14"
Interior Price
Navy Parchment Oxford Leather seats
Burr Walnut Wood
Options Price
Climate Pack - Automatic four zone air conditioning, climate controlled windscreen and front side glass $1,000.00
Half wood Leather steering wheel & Gearknob Pack $1,000.00
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) $2,000.00
Surround Camera System (includes Tow Assist) $800.00
Rear Screen Entertainment Pack $2,500.00
Audio System - Digital radio (HD) $350.00
Audio System - LOGIC7® Hi-Fi (1,200 Watt 19 speakers surround sound harmon/kardon® system) $1,350.00
Vehicle Subtotal: $104,125.00

Something like this VVVVVVV

Kamahl
QUOTE (River @ Aug 18 2010, 09:44 PM) *
Crashed my z about a week and half ago. (had it for almost 8 years? i miss it already.) Got this today tho. Its a pretty fun car. (has smg transmission)

thats my favorite version of the M3... How much was it?
River
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Aug 20 2010, 07:46 AM) *

Its a 2004 (e46, my fav model also!) I got it for 23k. I really wanted a m6 but I just dont have the wallet for it. I must admit though the m3 is very impressive, a lot more than I thought it would be. Its mild manored looking compared to how it performs. (333 hp stock 0-60 4.8 secs) It took me like a day to get used to the smg transmission. I love it now though. If youre considering getting one you wont be disappointed. Awesome car. I do still miss my z and considered getting another one. (love some of the old supras also around that same year)
asthenia
That is THE best M3. And in black too. Envy, sir.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (EMBO @ Aug 3 2010, 12:05 PM) *
I love how the majority of dream cars for Americans are 6 litre V8, 4 gallons to the mile trucks. While you're all driving round in those, we British folk are constantly being bombarded with adverts telling us to turn the tap off when we brush our teeth and drive 2 miles less a week to save the planet (which is fucked anyway, and no I don't believe in this global warming rubbish).

Anyhoo, my dream car atm is, realistically, a BMW M3 (new one in white with a carbon fibre roof):

If money were no object I'd probably have a Ferrari F40 or a Veyron SS (generic I know) to park across 3 disabled bays at the supermarket and wait for the "Would the owner of a Bugatti Veyron please move it..." message over the loud speakers.

thumbup.gif

I have a little obsession with M3's for some reason! i love 'em.

My favourite model is the m3 e30.

I have a feeling i've already posted this though XD.png
River
I've been afk for the last 24 hours or so,.... cleaning out the garage lol. First car thats had the privledge in this place. (the garage was always used for storage and as a workshop) I guess that shows how much I love it hahaha. 3 truck loads of crap to the dump, and about 16 hours worth of work later M3 = in its pocket hehe

Man the 2011 m6 comes with a tt v8 and even more hp than the v10 of the past few years (they are saying around 545 hp with the v8 tt, the v10 was 500 hp) Hard to imagine the torque that v10 must have though. I think if I ever bought one I'd never drive it because I'd be too busy cleaning the cumstains off of it every time I walk past it. lol
Kamahl
QUOTE (River @ Aug 20 2010, 10:20 AM) *
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Aug 20 2010, 07:46 AM) *

Its a 2004 (e46, my fav model also!) I got it for 23k. I really wanted a m6 but I just dont have the wallet for it. I must admit though the m3 is very impressive, a lot more than I thought it would be. Its mild manored looking compared to how it performs. (333 hp stock 0-60 4.8 secs) It took me like a day to get used to the smg transmission. I love it now though. If youre considering getting one you wont be disappointed. Awesome car. I do still miss my z and considered getting another one. (love some of the old supras also around that same year)

Id love to get one but im just a student so i cant afford anything like that yet... Also, i live in Peru and cars are more expensive here, i saw a 2004 M3 that was $33K and i doubt i could get one cheaper, so if i had the money id get it.

I drive a 1993 Suzuki Swift GTi (not sure if that model was ever sold in the US), it does everything i need and its also fun to drive so im happy with with it at the moment. 0-100 km/h // 0-60 MPH in 8.2 seconds is pretty good considering it only has a 1.3 engine!
demon
Right now I want a Lancia Delta HF Integrale. Just a shame they're too damn expensive.
GTA SA fan
1969 Camaro SS
asthenia
What I'm currently driving ...

It's my bosses car, but he doesn't have much use for it seeing as he lives in Portugal. You can see a bit of the boot of my Micra in the bottom pic. lol
Pieface
That TT would look so much better lowered. Just seems to sit extremely high.
Fido 15
My dream car: the Toyota Prius.

trathen93
QUOTE (Fido 15 @ Oct 1 2010, 07:36 PM) *
My dream car: the Toyota Prius.

seriously?

most of us would go for something less green and maybe somethin more...........erm, green?

Fido 15
Yeah, I'm serious. It's a very fuel efficient car.
Massacre
Don't Toyotas, like, explode or have sex with your wife or something? What were they recalling them for?
Fido 15
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 1 2010, 08:28 PM) *
Don't Toyotas, like, explode or have sex with your wife or something? What were they recalling them for?

The break system in one particular model, not the Prius, I believe.
TreeFitty
The accelerator pedals stuck, and people forgot how to shift them into neutral and use their brakes.
asthenia
QUOTE (Pieface @ Oct 1 2010, 06:51 PM) *

YOU CAN'T BE HAPPY CAN YOU?! mad.gif

It's being sold now anyways, I've got a month in which to make the most of it. And make the most of it I shall.
demon
QUOTE (asthenia @ Oct 2 2010, 03:14 PM) *
QUOTE (Pieface @ Oct 1 2010, 06:51 PM) *

YOU CAN'T BE HAPPY CAN YOU?! mad.gif

It's being sold now anyways, I've got a month in which to make the most of it. And make the most of it I shall.

I disagree with Pieface, the car would not look better lowered. But I don't like the looks of TT anyway... I'm no fan of Audi but if I had to drive an Audi it would be an A8.
Pieface

TT's look great lowered.

And also Fido, Prius' aren't great fuel efficient car. Buy a Diesel for better MPG.
demon
Higher MPG = less fun.

I remember some years ago, someone proved that a SUV (possibly a Range Rover) was more environment friendly than a Prius. Anyone remember that?
Pieface
Prius' are extremely unfriendly due to the manufacturing processes. But Jeremy Clarkson proved a BMW can be more fuel efficient as it doesn't need to use all it's power to get to a higher speed.
asthenia
That's a newer TT. I aspire to one of them.
Mattay
I'd like to respectfully update my choice to a '72 Chevy Chevelle SS.

Would drop a 572 Chevy crate motor in it, chevy orange block, posi rear end, Holley double pumper carb, supercharged, and I'd throw a mean blower up through the hood to utilize all that raw Chevy muscle car power.
demon
That's a very pretty little car there, Mattay. It may not be my favorite but I do really like them.
But I wonder if not a 572 motor is a bit heavy for that car. Fun for sure, but how is it gonna handle when it gets that nose heavy.
Edgecrusher
Ford Transit XXL

demon
QUOTE (JonnyCanonFodder @ Nov 26 2010, 11:03 AM) *
Ford Transit XXL

lol. it looks like it's gonna break in two. happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.