Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tallest building in the world opens.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
TreeFitty
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ml_dubai_tallest_building

Burj Dubai has been opened and renamed after the UAE president. Will it fail? Will it actually help bring them out of financial problems?
OptimumPx
They claim that 90% of the condos, offices and such are all rented out....but somehow I doubt it.

I wonder how much is overstated and how many people, in light of the current global economic crisis, will be trying to break the contracts and get out.

After all, Dubai isn't doing so good anymore.
Ragnarofl
Hard to belive isn't it? After the last economic crisis I thought that Dubai is over. I guess I was wrong.
PabloHoneyOle
"It's a lot more robust," he said. "A plane won't be able to slice through the Burj like it did through the steel columns of the World Trade Center."

ZING!

I'm sure that it'll only be a matter of time until this theory is tested.
OptimumPx
QUOTE (Ragnarofl @ Jan 4 2010, 01:10 PM) *
Hard to belive isn't it? After the last economic crisis I thought that Dubai is over. I guess I was wrong.

Well, the Burj "Khalifa" topped out last January, so when Dubai finally started to feel the pains of the recession the building was almost finished, so this specific project had nothing to worry about that way...it would be far too embarrassing for them to abandon it at that late a date.

However on the whole Dubai (and Dubai World specifically) are still in real financial trouble. As they don't have any oil of their own they rely too much on outside investment, and that's just not coming the in amounts they need.
ViceMan
I've been watching the progress of the Burj Dubai for the past few years now, quite an impressive feat.
trathen93
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 4 2010, 06:15 PM) *
"It's a lot more robust," he said. "A plane won't be able to slice through the Burj like it did through the steel columns of the World Trade Center."

ZING!

Cant see that happening. its pretty much in the terrorists back garden. its like them strapping explosives to their shed
TreeFitty
When UAE goes under and an American buys the building then shit will go down.
ViceMan

ZING!

I read in the paper today there's a mosque on one of the higher floors, that'll act as a good terrorist deterrent.
Ragnarofl
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 6 2010, 12:13 AM) *

ZING!

I read in the paper today there's a mosque on one of the higher floors, that'll act as a good terrorist deterrent.

Like all Mosques. What Stoic said - it's a matter of time before the buliding wouldn't be as long as it's now.
DANNY B0Y
It's around 800m. Taipei 101 is around 500-600m.
Which fucking genius also put a mosque on the top floor?
OptimumPx
QUOTE (Disco Dennis @ Jan 5 2010, 03:14 PM) *
It's around 800m. Taipei 101 is around 500-600m.
Which fucking genius also put a mosque on the top floor?

It's not the top floor. The top floors are too small to be used as anything other then storage.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Jan 4 2010, 02:25 PM) *

ZING!

Cant see that happening. its pretty much in the terrorists back garden. its like them strapping explosives to their shed

I'm talking about when I get my commercial airliner pilot's license.

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 5 2010, 02:13 PM) *
I read in the paper today there's a mosque on one of the higher floors, that'll act as a good terrorist target.

The Awesome One
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 5 2010, 08:47 PM) *
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Jan 4 2010, 02:25 PM) *

ZING!

I'm talking about when I get my commercial airliner pilot's license.

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 5 2010, 02:13 PM) *
I read in the paper today there's a mosque on one of the higher floors, that'll act as a good terrorist target.

I'll join you on your "adventure". I shall pay for the tickets, and shoot everybody on the plane in the head when you're done raping them.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ Jan 6 2010, 09:23 PM) *
I'll join you on your "adventure". I shall pay for the tickets, and shoot everybody on the plane in the head when you're done raping them.

How do you intend to smuggle a gun aboard? There are devices so sophisticated nowadays they can locate individual gun parts at any angle that are smuggled in luggage. Also there's a machine that can detect volatile substances and differentiate between harmful and non-harmful liquids, all just by scanning the bag.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 6 2010, 09:39 PM) *
QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ Jan 6 2010, 09:23 PM) *

How do you intend to smuggle a gun aboard? There are devices so sophisticated nowadays they can locate individual gun parts at any angle that are smuggled in luggage. Also there's a machine that can detect volatile substances and differentiate between harmful and non-harmful liquids, all just by scanning the bag.

We build the plane ourselves. We can just shove the gun in the floor boards. Simple.
TreeFitty
and start an airline company to get other passengers?
OptimumPx
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 6 2010, 05:27 PM) *

Clearly this is a long term plan. smile.gif
The Awesome One
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 6 2010, 10:27 PM) *

Yea. Then we crash the plane into the building. We could hynotise some random pilot and make him crash. Im sure Stoics cock is great at putting thoughts in peoples heads..
Ragnarofl
^As much as I'd like to have the Muslims losing another building, I prefer to be remembered as a Josef Frizle type of hero and not as a terrorist hero. But I'll pay for the plane and guns if you want.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Ragnarofl @ Jan 7 2010, 11:53 AM) *
^As much as I'd like to have the Muslims losing another building, I prefer to be remembered as a Josef Frizle type of hero and not as a terrorist hero. But I'll pay for the plane and guns if you want.

I shall pay.I cant trust you.. You can find the gun dealers and the parts for the plane.

How much does it cost for a airport, planes and a bunch of AK47s?
ViceMan
I sincerely hope the authorities are monitoring this... happy.gif
Ragnarofl
QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ Jan 7 2010, 04:47 PM) *
QUOTE (Ragnarofl @ Jan 7 2010, 11:53 AM) *

I shall pay.I cant trust you.. You can find the gun dealers and the parts for the plane.

How much does it cost for a airport, planes and a bunch of AK47s?

Betwenn 2.5 milion to 15,000. 15,000 If you buy only the guns and use them to get for free whatever else you want.

Hey Niggers! Work or I'll kill you!
Edit: and the Niggers are also the gun dealers. Ohh the Irony.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 7 2010, 07:58 AM) *

They've been following us for a long time.
Ragnarofl
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 7 2010, 05:36 PM) *

Which authorities?
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Ragnarofl @ Jan 7 2010, 08:43 AM) *

Which authorities?

For everything that's ever been said on this forum, probably all of the authoritative agencies.
Ragnarofl
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 7 2010, 05:46 PM) *
QUOTE (Ragnarofl @ Jan 7 2010, 08:43 AM) *

Which authorities?

For everything that's ever been said on this forum, probably all of the authoritative agencies.

I'm new in here, but from what I saw until now, if the authorities were really monitoring this place and taking it seriously, it wouldn't stand for more than 1 year. Mabye I'm wrong though, I'm not sure about how the authoritative agencies work.
TreeFitty
I'm sure they looked into it and just saw a bunch of young guys screwing around, but I'm sure automated computers somewhere have picked up a LOT of things that have been said here.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 7 2010, 02:08 PM) *
I'm sure they looked into it and just saw a bunch of young guys screwing around, but I'm sure automated computers somewhere have picked up a LOT of things that have been said here.

Stupid computers. My nan could do better.
Skinny 
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 7 2010, 11:58 PM) *

Pussy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.