Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sony External Hard Disk
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Geek Central
Spoiler
i don't know i should do this but i need help so... My external hard disk just crushed.
i haven't used it for about 2 weeks and now it's in RAW state. i try Recuva and other softwares but couldn't get anything. Any way i could savage the data?
i am ready to throw the disk but i need the data since some of them are the only copies and the irony is this is supposed to be my back up disk. :S lol
bOnEs
i always thought that once you removed the external HDD, it reset... once you place one into the PS3, it automatically wants to reformat it... i don't think you can swap HDD's and be fine...

or, if your talking about those little USB flash drives your using for a memory card then, i think you might have lost your data... i can't figure out why it reset though... maybe you put it in your computer and it did an automatic reformat... your computer can't read anything from the PS3 so, maybe that corrupted it when you plugged it into your computer...

either way, i am not sure there's a way to recover the data...
Spoiler
actually it's 160 GB with usb 2.0 cable. i know if i reformat it i can use it again but the data gone.
Edgecrusher
If you have Nero 9 you could try to use RescueAgent.

i always thought that once you removed the external HDD, it reset... once you place one into the PS3, it automatically wants to reformat it... i don't think you can swap HDD's and be fine...

USB hard drives are plug and play, they are designed to be removed. PS3s don't auto format.

maybe you put it in your computer and it did an automatic reformat...

Again, a pc won't automatically format a drive.

your computer can't read anything from the PS3 so, maybe that corrupted it when you plugged it into your computer...

PS3s can only read drives that are in FAT32 format, most PCs can read FAT32. If the HDD was in FAT32, there's no reason to think the files got corrupted, besides they would still be on the drive, just unusable.
Spoiler
QUOTE (t1nyt3rr4h @ Jan 30 2010, 11:15 AM) *
If you have Nero 9 you could try to use RescueAgent.

USB hard drives are plug and play, they are designed to be removed. PS3s don't auto format.

maybe you put it in your computer and it did an automatic reformat...

Again, a pc won't automatically format a drive.

your computer can't read anything from the PS3 so, maybe that corrupted it when you plugged it into your computer...

PS3s can only read drives that are in FAT32 format, most PCs can read FAT32. If the HDD was in FAT32, there's no reason to think the files got corrupted, besides they would still be on the drive, just unusable.

I been looking around and saw some recovery software promising to extract the data but they are too expensive.
Now my hard disk is showing RAW status. Somehow i think FAT32 file has been deleted or corrupted. Any way to recover the data first before i reformat it??
Edgecrusher
You could try this. It's shareware, but just download the trial and then uninstall after you've used it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.