Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yemen
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Political & World News
Marney1
Might as well start the ball rolling.

Yemen (Wiki)
Heartless
While Obama has nothing to do with any of the bullshit going on in the Middle East, I think his term will be viewed as a failure because of it. (Citing the public reaction to former President Bush and his inability to control the Louisiana weather) If we thought that our troops were spread thin between two countries, Syria, Yemen, Iran and now the greater part of Northern Africa will show us what thin really means.
0bs3n3
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 1 2010, 04:25 PM) *
Might as well start the ball rolling.

Yemen (Wiki)

You going there on holidays or something?

What's happening in Yemen?
Heartless
Civil unrest, a border war with Saudi, etc.
Bain
QUOTE (Heartless @ Dec 31 2009, 11:29 PM) *
While Obama has nothing to do with any of the bullshit going on in the Middle East, I think his term will be viewed as a failure because of it. (Citing the public reaction to former President Bush and his inability to control the Louisiana weather) If we thought that our troops were spread thin between two countries, Syria, Yemen, Iran and now the greater part of Northern Africa will show us what thin really means.

I would hope it would show us a greater need for lets do THIS mission shit, rather than a lets put boots on the ground ideology. But yeah, what youre saying is true, but I dont think we will advance.
Heartless
But we're already BoG in Yemen. And the scary part is, we're everywhere else too. We seem to have our collective fingers in too many pies, but the real terror is that it's necessary. Islam is an extremely dangerous concept; all it takes is one giant failure to release the flow into the outlying, peaceful, countries. Imagine if we lost in Afghanistan, giving the Taliban more power and bragging rights? Every Muslim from Istanbul to London would be taking up arms to fight and burn and slash everything western - wether their the peaceful type or otherwise. Islam has always been about the collective good, but the family comes first. If they are assured that their family life is safe, they'll do anything within their ability to ensure the collective is solid as well. Meanwhile, whilst we're unfucking ourselves in this theoretical Islam war in Europe, we'd be shit deep in Russian and Chinese oil interests in the newly created Arabian vacuum. Make no mistake, we have to put a lid on Islam and bury it, bury deep and far, far away.
0bs3n3
QUOTE (Heartless @ Jan 1 2010, 04:29 PM) *

So, he's going to be the Jimmy Carter he's supposed to be?
Spoiler
he'll be marked as the most photographed president.
TreeFitty
I still think he'll be the first president in a while to be assassinated. Someone is crazy enough to do it.
Heartless
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 4 2010, 11:29 AM) *
I still think he'll be the first president in a while to be assassinated. Someone is crazy enough to do it.

Well if you're gonna twist my arm...
TreeFitty
Stop stalling. mad.gif
Marney1
Someone wants him dead?
TreeFitty
^many would have the balls to do that. nothing special.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 4 2010, 09:03 PM) *

I think it's ridiculous that the secret service are investigating.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 4 2010, 04:48 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 4 2010, 09:03 PM) *

I think it's ridiculous that the secret service are investigating.

Shh, Secret Service are monitoring this thread.
TreeFitty
Sometimes I randomly shout things like "NUCLEAR BOMB" and "PRAISE ALLAH" while talking on the phone. Still haven't heard from the SS of the US.
Heartless
Now how did I know that the recent bombing in Afghan was an inside job?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.