Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beating the Monster Truck challenge...
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA III Series > GTA San Andreas
ipokerhu
I have a slow graphics card and can't seem to get past this challenge- any tips would be a big help- don't want a cheat - but ...
I'd like to get on with the game, and I guess getting the sub-challenges out of the way is better than nothing.
Thanks again, I didn't expect a reply so quickly to my other post. Awsome!
ipokerhu
TreeFitty
what exactly are you having trouble with? driving in general, a specific target, etc
Weasel
PC? turn off the Frame Limiter.

Drive cross country straight for the Red Pylons. Use the Handbrake button That is Now the Four-Wheel Steering.
Drive as nearly straight (called a Bee Line) from one pylon to the next as the ground will allow. Don't follow the road if the road doesn't go directly to the pylon.
Be careful that you donít drive off Cliffs. Otherwise you will be surprised at how the Monster Truck recovers from spills.
You may have to do it twice before you learn the Pitfalls.
If you have dated Michelle you can use her Truck to Practice, There is also one at the trailer park in Flint Range (E3 on paper map) Or even cheat to spawn the truck, BUT DON'T SAVE after you finish the practice.
ipokerhu
QUOTE (Weasel @ Dec 25 2009, 09:05 AM) *
PC? turn off the Frame Limiter.

Drive cross country straight for the Red Pylons. Use the Handbrake button That is Now the Four-Wheel Steering.
Drive as nearly straight (called a Bee Line) from one pylon to the next as the ground will allow. Don't follow the road if the road doesn't go directly to the pylon.
Be careful that you donít drive off Cliffs. Otherwise you will be surprised at how the Monster Truck recovers from spills.
You may have to do it twice before you learn the Pitfalls.
If you have dated Michelle you can use her Truck to Practice, There is also one at the trailer park in Flint Range (E3 on paper map) Or even cheat to spawn the truck, BUT DON'T SAVE after you finish the practice.

Sweet - I'll turn that frame limiter off and give it ago - Michelle / no don't think so - did the home girl, got the pimp suit - dated the girl with the single seat railcar out in red county (likes to demo derby) the girl in the desert she's michelle (just remembered) another game (first time around) monster truck girl - got it!
Thanks for the tip!
I've been playing this for a couple months now - beat GTA III and got SA
love it now that I have full colors (had a bad cable) mono-krom sux
Weasel
Michelle is at the Driving School.
Barbara is in the Desert (The Cop)=keep your weapons if Busted.
ipokerhu
QUOTE (Weasel @ Dec 25 2009, 08:43 PM) *
Michelle is at the Driving School.
Barbara is in the Desert (The Cop)=keep your weapons if Busted.

which driving school?
best time so far is 7:31 but I've spun out and can't seem to get a faster time
must be something I'm not doing right
will keep trying, and my PC has glitzed on that I haven't lost weapons or cash for some time
do all the girls give out the pimp suit? or something different?
thanks
Weasel
Denise gives the Pimp Suit.
Helen gives the Farmers Coveralls.
Katy gives the Para-Medic Uniform (and the ability to keep your weapons when Wasted.)
Michelle gives the Racing Coveralls. (and a free repair shop for vehicles.)
Barbara gives the Police Uniform (and the ability to keep your weapons when Busted.)
Millie (my favorite of the GFs) gets the Gimp Suit. (and if you wear the Gimp Suit on every date you get the key card on the second date, without killing her.)

Clothes are awarded at 100% in the dating process although None of the Garments offer any special abilities.
Vehicles keys are given at 50% in the dating process.
Katy & Barbara give the weapons keeping ability immediately upon being accecpted as a Boy Friend.
Collecting all the Oysters means CJ is automaticly accepted as BF regardless of his appearance.

the Driving School in Dohorety (South of CJ's garage.) It is open all the time to meet Michelle, but the marker appears when Jethro Calls CJ as part of the story line.
It is not necessary to complete the Story (Game) but it will make available a lot of sub-missions and other properties when it's tests are passed.
ipokerhu
QUOTE (Weasel @ Dec 29 2009, 11:24 PM) *
Denise gives the Pimp Suit.
Helen gives the Farmers Coveralls.
Katy gives the Para-Medic Uniform (and the ability to keep your weapons when Wasted.)
Michelle gives the Racing Coveralls. (and a free repair shop for vehicles.)
Barbara gives the Police Uniform (and the ability to keep your weapons when Busted.)
Millie (my favorite of the GFs) gets the Gimp Suit. (and if you wear the Gimp Suit on every date you get the key card on the second date, without killing her.)

Clothes are awarded at 100% in the dating process although None of the Garments offer any special abilities.
Vehicles keys are given at 50% in the dating process.
Katy & Barbara give the weapons keeping ability immediately upon being accecpted as a Boy Friend.
Collecting all the Oysters means CJ is automaticly accepted as BF regardless of his appearance.

the Driving School in Dohorety (South of CJ's garage.) It is open all the time to meet Michelle, but the marker appears when Jethro Calls CJ as part of the story line.
It is not necessary to complete the Story (Game) but it will make available a lot of sub-missions and other properties when it's tests are passed.

Wow!
I just started my third go at it, and I'm working on taking over the gang territories.
I killed Denise, she started to get on my nerves (have pimp suit) with all the complaining.
Maybe by the time I get around to the monster truck challenge again I'll have the skill to beat it?
Thanks for the tips!
Carl
Weasel
Ok.

And, You don't really have to QUOTE replys immediately before your posting. It makes the topic harder to read.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.