Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avatar
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
DonkeyTits
Just saw an opening show. Overall, was an above-average movie. Good, entertaining. Visually-as most could predict-it was spectacular. The visuals in some scenes were so good I got chills. The story was simple but well laid out. Character development was strong, and an emotional connection was established. The whole movie was very fluid and there weren't any slow spots (which is epic, considering it was about 2.5 hours long). There were a few (small) bad parts that I won't mention, for they were negligible, and not movie-killers.

I recommend the movie to others.

p.s. I saw it in 3D.
Ex-PS Fanboy
It looked pretty epic. My friends saw the trailer, noticed the giant walkers and turned to me expecting me me to say something like, "That looks fucking amazing!" But I really want to se it just because it looks like a good blend of action and story.
DuPz0r
I'm watching this at the IMAX in London Just after New Year biggrin.gif I heard that the 3d works really well in this film, and doesn't just look like three or four 2d layers slapped in front of each other.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 18 2009, 08:57 AM) *
I'm watching this at the IMAX in London Just after New Year biggrin.gif I heard that the 3d works really well in this film, and doesn't just look like three or four 2d layers slapped in front of each other.

I should give that a try to. I know of a few Imax theatres in the GTA.
bOnEs
not really interested to be honest... lots of people are but, the story looks boring to me...
DonkeyTits
People aren't seeing this for the story.
Massacre
Correct. They're seeing it for the hot blue women in loincloths.
bOnEs
i don't want to sit there for 2 and half hours if there isn't a story... plus, i'm sick of theaters playing 3D only, which forces you to spend a few more $$$ on tickets... my theater already charges $8 a movie... for 3D they charge $12... i'm better off just renting it through netflix when it hits DVD...

visual effects don't make a movie IMO...
PabloHoneyOle
My wife wants to see this. I could care less. South Park did a better version of it, I'm sure.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/255337

You just saved $20 on a night at the movies.
Hardcore Ottoman
I saw it at Regency before noon and only paid $7.50, good deal. Saw it in 3D. Movie was deece, acting wasn't very new to me so that bothered me as I didn't care about any of the characters... the floating mountains are cool. As well as the vegetation. The crying was over the top though, no joke.

Overall I can't stop thinking about the acting. Too bad. I don't regret watching it though.
PabloHoneyOle
I'll wait for the DVD.
b1b23
Special effects were fucking amazing. Good story as well. A good movie to say the least.
Zacko
So infuriating that we don't have an IMAX or anything down here, really wanna see this but I don't want to settle for a shitty cinema.

Oh well...
Inkace
Seems like yet another hyped up CGI dependent flick.
DonkeyTits
Which got really good reviews.
Heartless
I got head after seeing it. Should I be thinking of that blue chick?
Massacre
I would.
PabloHoneyOle
I saw the movie this weekend in 3D. It really blew my mind. The special effects are amazing. The "acting" was wonderful too. Probably going to see it again before it's out of theaters, and I RARELY EVER do that.

Blue chick was way hot too.
Massacre
They interviewed James Cameron on G4, and he said when they were designing, uh, whatever the blue things are called, they had a bunch of weird ideas they ended up scrapping because they decided that the girl had to be fuckable. They succeeded.
bOnEs
fuckable? lol... whatever... i don't think she even looks good... they should of never CGI'd up the original beauty of the actress playing that role... now, she is fuckable... not this blue mermaid...
Massacre
The whole thing was CGI, she was just a voiceover.
bOnEs
...and it's a damn shame to waste that beauty on CGI and voiceovers...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 28 2009, 12:50 PM) *
fuckable? lol... whatever... i don't think she even looks good... they should of never CGI'd up the original beauty of the actress playing that role... now, she is fuckable... not this blue mermaid...

Eh, alot of Zoe Whateverthefudga's characteristics are very evident in the character. Plus she has visible nips.
Spoiler
^ second that! i watch it in 3D
is it me or once she lost her virginity the boobs seems a bit saggy? at first they are firmed and round. drool.gif
TheAnalogKid2112
Seen it. Was awesome./
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.