Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your game of the year?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
The Awesome One
2009 has been a good year for gaming. The new Call Of Duty, GTA 4 DLCs, Uncharted 2, Project Natal announced. Killzone 2 and Batman being good. What was your favourite game for 2009?

Mine has to be Left 4 Dead 2. It came just as Left 4 Dead was losing its novelty. I love the new characters, especially Coach. Then we have the new infected. The Spitter is my favourite. It can separate whole teams with its goo, making it even easier to pick off stragglers. Then we have the witch. It moves and cries now, making it a nightmare to evade. One wrong move and your dead. Once again, everybody sees the witch as a threat. My favourite campaign is Hard Rain. The storyline makes sense, point A to point B to point A with petrol for the boat makes so much sense. And the rain. Boy I love the rain. Its a nightmare going through the cornfield. Youre slowed down, and you cant see.

Left 4 Dead 2 is my game of the year.

PabloHoneyOle
I still haven't played L4D2 or MW2, heard good things and I am hoping to get them for Christmas.

So far, my GOTY has to be Assassin's Creed 2. It completely blew me away. I'm really looking forward to the DLC.

I also really enjoyed ODST and I am currently enjoying The Saboteur which is pretty fucking awesome too.

Street Fighter 4 and Resident Evil 5 were great too, but those seem like they've been out for more than a year.

Also, Ballad of Gay Tony and Lost and the Damned fucking ruled - also the Fallout 3 DLC.

Sam and Max on XBL was pretty awesome too.

That basically sums up all of the games I played in 2009 that didn't completely suck.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I think this year has been pretty shitty. I really haven't bought that much this year except older games. I think I'd have to say... wow... I really can't think of anything.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 17 2009, 11:34 AM) *
I think this year has been pretty shitty. I really haven't bought that much this year except older games. I think I'd have to say... wow... I really can't think of anything.

You probably have no business posting in here then.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 17 2009, 11:35 AM) *
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 17 2009, 11:34 AM) *

You probably have no business posting in here then.

I would say AC2. But I haven't played through it yet. I'm sure once I get it I will say that.
GLC
Yep, I was gonna say AC2 as well. A thousand times better than the first.
bOnEs
i would say uncharted 2 but, i haven't played it all the way through yet, just a couple of chapters... so, my GOTY is assassin's creed II... my list goes like this:

3. fallout 3 DLC
2. infamous
1. assassin's creed II
Kamahl
This is easy for me...

Uncharted 2 by far

Other good games i played this year were Killzone 2, Assassins Creed 2 and Infamous, but Uncharted 2 is clearly on top of everything else this year.
TheAnalogKid2112
Critter Crunch!
Marney1
CHESS
Qdeathstar
I'm going to say my game of the year was fallout, again!

Thats the game i played most often this year.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Dec 17 2009, 06:43 PM) *

lol, that's exactly why i put the DLC as #3 for me... because, fallout 3 was still the game i played the most this year... and since the DLC came out this year, technically fallout 3 should be considered for GOTY again...
DiO
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Dec 17 2009, 04:12 PM) *
This is easy for me...

Uncharted 2 by far

Other good games i played this year were Killzone 2, Assassins Creed 2 and Infamous, but Uncharted 2 is clearly on top of everything else this year.

Gotta agreee.
Massacre
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 17 2009, 06:50 PM) *

lol, that's exactly why i put the DLC as #3 for me... because, fallout 3 was still the game i played the most this year... and since the DLC came out this year, technically fallout 3 should be considered for GOTY again...

This. Fallout 3 is my GOTY, especially considering I didn't buy it until this year.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 18 2009, 05:16 AM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 17 2009, 06:50 PM) *

This. Fallout 3 is my GOTY, especially considering I didn't buy it until this year.

I was actually holding a copy of that in a store a few hours ago but put it back, there's something stopping me from buying it and I don't know what.
Flea
Uncharted 2, that game blew me away, GTA Epesodes from liberty would be a 2nd choice, 2 really good games, i bought a 360 just for those games last month coz had extra money lol.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 18 2009, 03:45 AM) *

I was actually holding a copy of that in a store a few hours ago but put it back, there's something stopping me from buying it and I don't know what.

Your love of men?
Ex-PS Fanboy
Armored Core: Master of Arena just came today.

Best game I have ever played. I think I just cummed in my pants.
Massacre
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 18 2009, 09:22 AM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 18 2009, 03:45 AM) *

Your love of men?

What he said. Marney, until you buy Fallout 3 (make sure it's the Game of the Year Edition), you're a bitch. Sorry, that's the rule.

QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 18 2009, 11:28 AM) *
Armored Core: Master of Arena just came today.

Best game I have ever played. I think I just cummed in my pants.

Christ you're gay.
Marney1
GOTY edition is what I had in my slippery hand.
Bain
I just absolutely love call of duty and I am biased being in the military but its fantastic. I also loved Killzone 2. The moments I did play Infamous I loved it though.....

I cant say though I have not played Uncharted 2 or Fallout.

My biggest letdown was Flashpoint 2. That shit was gay.
§ynch
^ Good post. I love the Call of Duty series , and can't wait to play MW2.

Since I haven't yet, guess my pick goes to Fallout 3.
DuPz0r
I can't pick. Uncharted 2, MW2 and Fallout 3 plus DLC were all amazing this year! Such a hard choice. Out of all of them i played Fallout 3 the most, maybe that's my answer...
Ex-PS Fanboy
Mai buddy got me Assasin's Creed 2 for christmas, and i can honestly say, that is proably my game of the year.
The Awesome One
I got AC2 yesterday, brillant game. I havent played L4D2 since.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 26 2009, 02:29 PM) *
I got AC2 yesterday, brillant game.

Funniest thing you've ever said.
Handsome B Wonderful
Assassins Creed II, followed by Arkham Asylum, Red Faction: Guerilla, and BOGT.
The Awesome One
I wont forget the fallout DLCs. They were fantastic. Hopefully the next Fallout is even better.
PabloHoneyOle
Yeah, Fallout 3 DLC made 2009. That and the GTA4 DLC took up the better part of my gaming year.
The Awesome One
I still havent fully completed BOGT yet. I only need to do 6 more drug wars, then im there.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 30 2009, 05:56 PM) *
I still havent fully completed BOGT yet. I only need to do 6 more drug wars, then im there.

What's your gamertag?
Gazz
1) AC2
2) L4D2
3) Batman Arkham Asylum

I have MW2 too but I play those 3 waaaay more, and I only really play the SP in MW2 (apart from getting all stars with my mate in spec ops) but yeah, pretty good games smile.gif
PabloHoneyOle
I have to add THE SABOTEUR to my list since it came out in late 2009. Most underrated game of the year, hands down.

My List:
1. AC2
2. Saboteur
3. Fallout 3 DLC
4. GTAIV DLC
5. ODST

Honorable Mentions: Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5, Sam and Max

I'm getting MW2 later this week. That will be included in my 2010 list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.