Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The battle for xmas no.1
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
The Awesome One
For the last few years, Simon Cowell and his latest xfactor winner have been topping the xmas charts. But now, a campaign to stop this pattern on facebook has started. The song picked to stop X Factor?

Killing In The Name Of, by Rage Against The Machine. Just under a million people people have joined the campaign. Rage's song has lots of swearing,some of you may remember it on GTA: San Andreas.

On Sunday night, Joe McElderry won this years X Factor. He released his debut single (if you dont count the annual X Factor song) on Monday.

So, which song is doing better?

Killing In The Name Of-Rage Against The Machine-no.1 on UK chart.
Ex-PS Fanboy
That song fucking rules. If I actually used facebook I would join.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 15 2009, 10:02 PM) *
That song fucking rules. If I actually used facebook I would join.

Luckily all you have to do is download the song. But youre in America, so it wont affect over here.
Handsome B Wonderful
That's just silly. Couldn't they have at least picked something made this year?

Muse?
Them Crooked Vultures?
Alice In Chains!!!

Fucking RATM worshippers. You keep living in your early 90's rap metal world.

lol. Oh yeah. I'm aware of the irony that Muse rip off Queen, r Radiohead, and Depeche Mode, Alice In Chains were big the same time as RATM, and Them Crooked Vultures have John Paul Jones. No need to point that out. They were just the first mainstream rock releases that came to mind.
Ex-PS Fanboy
RATM KICKS FUCKING ASS!
Heartless
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 15 2009, 07:09 PM) *
RATM KICKS FUCKING ASS!

No they don't.
The Awesome One
Rage just has to be top until sunday. Then we find out whos no.1. Then, it gets broadcast on the radio until new years day!
DANNY B0Y
I don't remember an X Factor winner being beaten to No. 1 at Christmas. RATM seems to be better for me, doe.
edit. I remember this on Radio X.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (Heartless @ Dec 16 2009, 12:18 AM) *
RATM KICKS FUCKING ASS!

No they don't.

SUCK IT!

Actually, they should have nominated that song instead of Killing in the Name.
GLC
Got my copy yesterday. Fuck X Factor.
DANNY B0Y
I'm just about to waste less than 1 on downloading Killing In The Name because I haven't heard it for ages, last time was on Radio X on GTA: SA.
Handsome B Wonderful
But WHY?

WHY RATM?

Damn poms.

Anyway, I hope you guys are going to keep this up. I want to see metal on top every week if this works out.
Marney1
I remember Iron Maiden being the Christmas No1 in 1990 but whoever had control of the button kept them off the top spot until Christmas had passed. We had to listen to Cliff Richard that year I mean what mother wouldn't want 'Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter' blasting out from mainstream radio channels while they open their prezzies?

Mattay
Not gonna lie, I watched that kid sing the climb.

RATM is a pretty good band.
Heartless
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 16 2009, 11:35 AM) *
RATM KICKS FUCKING ASS!

No they don't.

SUCK IT!

1; That's a cover. So it doesn't count.
2; The whole RaTM concept is stupid. You can't "Rage Against the Machine" when you are the fucking machine. What's the point of bleating that america sucks and capitalism is whorish when you not only live in California but are also owned by Sony? It's a sham and you all bought time shares.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (Heartless @ Dec 17 2009, 01:27 AM) *
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 16 2009, 11:35 AM) *
RATM KICKS FUCKING ASS!

No they don't.

SUCK IT!

2; The whole RaTM concept is stupid. You can't "Rage Against the Machine" when you are the fucking machine. What's the point of bleating that america sucks and capitalism is whorish when you not only live in California but are also owned by Sony? It's a sham and you all bought time shares.

1. I know it's a cover. But they made it even better.
2. Who gives a fuck, it's a name.
Marney1
RATM Plot= A Mean Campaign
The Awesome One
UK Top 4.

1.Rage against the Machine-Killing in the name of

2. Joe McEldderry-The Climb

3.Lady GaGa-Bad romance

4.BBC Children in Need-Peter Kays all star animated band
Marney1
locked.gif
The Awesome One
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 20 2009, 09:15 PM) *
locked.gif

Why?
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (Heartless @ Dec 17 2009, 07:27 AM) *

LOL WAT?

Its called music.
The Awesome One
This time the song was stopped before it reached the swearing. Rage were invited to the studio, they promised not to swear. They did.
Massacre
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 20 2009, 04:21 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 20 2009, 09:15 PM) *
locked.gif

Why?

This is why:
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 20 2009, 04:13 PM) *
UK Top 4.

1.Rage against the Machine-Killing in the name of

2. Joe McEldderry-The Climb

3.Lady GaGa-Bad romance

4.BBC Children in Need-Peter Kays all star animated band

You mentioned Lady Gaga and didn't say anything about her penis, so your topic must be closed. Sorry, it's the rules.

(Lady Gaga has a penis)

(I'd still fuck him/her/it)
Handsome B Wonderful
BBC Children In Need? The heck?

Why does the BBC have kids working for them? Is that what chavs have come to over there? Selling their kids to networks in exchange for food and knives? For shame, Britain!

Anyway, hooray for bands who swear. That'll fix society's ills.
Pieface
QUOTE (Sebek @ Dec 21 2009, 11:06 AM) *
BBC Children In Need? The heck?

Why does the BBC have kids working for them? Is that what chavs have come to over there? Selling their kids to networks in exchange for food and knives? For shame, Britain!

Anyway, hooray for bands who swear. That'll fix society's ills.

It's a huge charity that raises millions every year, for ironically Children who are in Need, or Children In Need.
The Awesome One
The song is made by Peter Kay, a very successful comedian who is always involved with charity work. Last time he launched a song, he launched Amarillo, which was just him and some household names miming to the song. This time he got childrens TV characters to perform a mix of songs. Amarillos profits went towards Comic Relief, and Peter Kays all star animated band's profits go towards the BBC Children in Need fund. Simples.

Handsome B Wonderful
oic tongue.gif

Why wasn't that #1, then?
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Sebek @ Dec 21 2009, 12:48 PM) *
oic tongue.gif

Why wasn't that #1, then?

Amarillos been out for years and the BBC one has been out for about a month.
Handsome B Wonderful
Ah, not out long enough, then. Needs another 16 years.

I think this was all a money making scam partly promoted by Sony. RATM, the x factor dude, and Lady GaGa are all Sony artists.

What better way to piss off the big wigs than by... buying their music.

Fuck you, i won't do what you tell me indeed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.