Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All-Points-Bulletin (APB)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2
Marney1
This has been floating round for quite a while now and should be out early 2010. Looks far better than GTA multiplayer.
IGN Preview
APB.com

Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 15 2009, 03:04 PM) *
This has been floating round for quite a while now and should be out early 2010. Looks far better than GTA multiplayer IMO.
IGN Preview
APB.com

This is that completely online GTA-ish game right? It sound pretty awesome to me, but I know a lot of people who seem to think it will suck ass.
PabloHoneyOle
MMO's are gay, but this might be really gay.

Looks like Fallout 3 meets SR2 meets FFXIV or whatever that shitty MMO is for the 360.
Marney1
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 15 2009, 08:05 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 15 2009, 03:04 PM) *
This has been floating round for quite a while now and should be out early 2010. Looks far better than GTA multiplayer IMO.
IGN Preview
APB.com

This is that completely online GTA-ish game right? It sound pretty awesome to me, but I know a lot of people who seem to think it will suck ass.

Haven't looked too much into the detail yet so I may be wrong but I was told you can alter the appearance of your character to the point where you could recognise yourself if you wanted.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I really don't see why everbody hates MMO games apart from the fact that the people who usually hate it usually suck at it. Some games yes, but a completely online GTA? That sounds fucking amazing. We could have the entire iGTA community in that game!
Marney1
I've been told that while your not playing people can steal your stuff so when you get back on you could find yourself minus your hard earned loot. If this is the case you'd have to be on it almost 24/7 to get anywhere.
Ex-PS Fanboy
But then you could just go and steal from someone else, or steal your stuff back. That would be a kinda shitty feature though...

To my knowledge, this game is going to be a group MMO. Right? Isn't it like you join a gang that watches each others backs, like a clan sort-of thing?
Marney1
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 15 2009, 08:29 PM) *
But then you could just go and steal from someone else, or steal your stuff back. That would be a kinda shitty feature though...

To my knowledge, this game is going to be a group MMO. Right? Isn't it like you join a gang that watches each others backs, like a clan sort-of thing?

Sounds about right from what I've been told, I'll have a good browse through the links I posted when I've got time. This is the only game since GTA4 that's actually made me sit up and take notice of.
Pieface
I remember the old thread between my Skribble, Blaze and a few others. Got to a really high post count then the mods got pissed off and we all got warned. That seemed ages ago now. But obviously it's still going to be ages till it's out as look at the vacancies list.

http://www.realtimeworlds.com/careers/

Doubt it will be out in 2010.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Exactly one of the reasons it hasn't grabbed my attention, it's to far off. The only game that succeeded in doing that was GTAIV.
Marney1
QUOTE (Pieface @ Dec 15 2009, 08:35 PM) *
I remember the old thread between my Skribble, Blaze and a few others. Got to a really high post count then the mods got pissed off and we all got warned. That seemed ages ago now. But obviously it's still going to be ages till it's out as look at the vacancies list.

Hmm, it was supposed to be out last year but they're now accepting BETA test applications.
The Awesome One
Im getting this! Im bored of World Of Warcraft now.
Pieface
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 15 2009, 08:40 PM) *

Hmm, it was supposed to be out last year but they're now accepting BETA test applications.

Accepting Beta applications, not giving it out. And a Beta in an MMO will take a lot longer than in a normal game. I say it's out at earliest autumn 2011.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (Pieface @ Dec 15 2009, 03:56 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 15 2009, 08:40 PM) *

Accepting Beta applications, not giving it out. And a Beta in an MMO will take a lot longer than in a normal game. I say it's out at earliest autumn 2011.

Hopefully. Then we'll have a year to play it before the world ends
Marney1
Wonder if all the domains have been snapped up?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 15 2009, 03:52 PM) *

MMO's are for 12 year olds and the jobless.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 15 2009, 04:25 PM) *
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 15 2009, 03:52 PM) *

MMO's are for 12 year olds and the jobless.

WoW definatly. But no MMOs.
Marney1
Just reading this (features) fills me with anticipation but I can't help thinking slow down and disconnection will be a common problem.
Don't like to sound negative, it's just that it seems too good to be true.
TreeFitty
Be a Celebrity!
As a top player, your name will be at the top of league tables held online. San Paro will be your world: your character’s name and face as well known as a Hollywood movie star, a standard that other players aim for. But how long can you stay at the top?

yeah cuz everyone knows/cares about the top GTA players too. rolleyes.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 15 2009, 11:06 PM) *
Be a Celebrity!
As a top player, your name will be at the top of league tables held online. San Paro will be your world: your character’s name and face as well known as a Hollywood movie star, a standard that other players aim for. But how long can you stay at the top?

yeah cuz everyone knows/cares about the top GTA players too. rolleyes.gif

I think we can safely assume whoever stays at the top spot for a while will be a loner with a bank balance large enough to feed a much needed cocaine addiction.
Kamahl
i remember the first trailer said it was gonna be out in 2007...

i want the game but im not following it that much cause it dont expect it to come out for a while.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Has it really been that long? I just heard about this last year.
Massacre
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 15 2009, 03:20 PM) *
I really don't see why everbody hates MMO games apart from the fact that the people who usually hate it usually suck at it. Some games yes, but a completely online GTA? That sounds fucking amazing. We could have the entire iGTA community in that game!

Honestly, that would be about the only way I'd play this.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I'd really like a reason why everybody hates this game.
Pieface
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 16 2009, 12:40 AM) *

I don't hate the game (Heck I was one of the originals who talked in the huge ass topic on GTA-Sanandreas.com). I just don't believe it will be out for ages.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (Pieface @ Dec 15 2009, 07:44 PM) *

I don't hate the game (Heck I was one of the originals who talked in the huge ass topic on GTA-Sanandreas.com). I just don't believe it will be out for ages.

I know that, it's not just this place, but on other sites, especially playfire, I've noticed a lot of negative comments towards this game.
Marney1
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 16 2009, 12:46 AM) *
QUOTE (Pieface @ Dec 15 2009, 07:44 PM) *

I know that, it's not just this place, but on other sites, especially playfire, I've noticed a lot of negative comments towards this game.

It's just the sudden excitement followed by release date delays that's made people feel let down. I don't see how anyone can claim a game is shit when it doesn't exist yet.
Massacre
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 15 2009, 07:40 PM) *

I don't hate it, but unless there's a ton of people I know playing it, I don't want to waste my internet on it.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Waste your internet? I don't understand...
Massacre
I live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, the only broadband available to me is mobile broadband from Verizon, and they limit me to five gigs of data usage per month.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 15 2009, 07:59 PM) *
I live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, the only broadband available to me is mobile broadband from Verizon, and they limit me to five gigs of data usage per month.

Wow... I never even knew such a thing exists.
Massacre
Basically, it's them same kind of internet your cell phone has, except it's limited. I'd be better off setting up an internet plan for my phone and just tethering.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 15 2009, 08:11 PM) *
Basically, it's them same kind of internet your cell phone has, except it's limited. I'd be better off setting up an internet plan for my phone and just tethering.

Yeah, my phone has limited browsing as well, (1GB if I'm not mistaken) but I never knew that you could still have limited browsing on your computer... Seems like something from 15 years ago...
Massacre
But anyway, if I could get unlimited internet, I'd probably be bored enough to play an MMO.
TreeFitty
If he has what I think he has, it's a shitty substitute for internet that uses cell phone towers (wherever you have cell phone reception, you have internet like on your phone). It's a little USB thing that plugs into your computer.
Massacre
Why, yes it is.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 16 2009, 01:20 AM) *
If he has what I think he has, it's a shitty substitute for internet that uses cell phone towers (wherever you have cell phone reception, you have internet like on your phone). It's a little USB thing that plugs into your computer.

A dongle?
Ex-PS Fanboy
My second computer has that, except we have a router.
TreeFitty
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobilebroadband/ they also have laptops with it built in.
Massacre
Yep, there's the little fucker.

The Awesome One
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Dec 16 2009, 12:13 AM) *
i remember the first trailer said it was gonna be out in 2007...

i want the game but im not following it that much cause it dont expect it to come out for a while.

2007? It better be good when it actually comes out, or I will want my money back.
Marney1
Latest podcast: Music Editor

Also - Character and car customization...
TreeFitty
wow. das alotta shit mayne.

Going to be interesting to see so many diverse characters/vehicles in one spot.
Pieface
I just got the BETA for this game, looks like I have to wait two days to play it.. Although it says Windows & won't run it..
Massacre
It this shit supposed to come out next month or something? I read someplace that it was coming out real soon.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 13 2010, 01:11 AM) *
It this shit supposed to come out next month or something? I read someplace that it was coming out real soon.

2057 the last I heard.
Kamahl
Bump

The open beta is now working, you need to get a code but its easy to get them...

The only bad thing is that its 7.3 GB and it only lasts 5 hours. At least i can see if its worth getting it tongue.gif

get your code here! http://www.alienwarearena.com/event/apb-demo-giveaway
just register...

Massacre
7 gigs? Fuck that shit. Let us know how it goes.
Pieface
I hope no-one bought this game in the end.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2010/0...-to-shut-down/1
Marney1
QUOTE (Pieface @ Sep 17 2010, 12:40 PM) *
I hope no-one bought this game in the end.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2010/0...-to-shut-down/1

So it did actually launch? Great job promoting it, wasn't exactly in your face was it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.