Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Saboteur
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
bOnEs
well, i've gotten 4 of 12 nazi rides... i'm sure that one will take some time to get... but, it depends on if i want to spend the contraband on it... or how many of them i have collected near the end of the game... quite frankly, i haven't even use the resistance help, yet i've upgraded their skills, lol...

it's cool that the garage keeps all your cars, even if you abandoned the car somewhere... you can just head back to a garage and get it again... i've been using the aurora race car (i think) for the most part... the only race car in my garage...

i'm getting pretty good at blowing shit up without getting caught too... i've cleared most of the area surrounding the resistance and the burlesque house... i checked my stats and it said i had done about 7% of the freeplay modes... considering how much time i've put into blowing those up, i'm quite shocked at how long this is going to take...
PabloHoneyOle
Freeplay events will probably take me FOREVER. That kind of excites me. When I am driving across the map for missions, I make numerous pit-stops to take out anything I come across. When I am approaching a mission site, I try and take out any sniper or occupation towers, just so that IF I am caught, I don't have to deal with bullets raining from above.

I figure I should wait on most of the tanks or other items that could easily be destroyed with a nice RPG.
Marney1
I'm on 30% and have played 9 hours mostly just exploring the vast landscape. I've come to love the graphics even though close up (brick support columns etc) it seems like EA thought they were playing Tetris and forgot to drop a line in the gaps.
I like taking out the watch towers then running out of the danger zone to observe the bewildered nazi's until they pack up and leave then move in to pick up my chocolate and caviar. I was exploring the northernmost region of the map when I stumbled across a dozing soldier on the edge of the river so I took the opportunity to cap him in the back of the head with my silenced pistol and took his rifle.

I was cruising round the nazi occupied areas and stopping to watch the odd up-against-the-wall executions when I noticed a nazi being cruel to a woman. I was going to blast him but then I noticed a soft skinned wagon pulling up nearby which I presumed was full of krauts so I thought better of it.
I then watched as the woman was forced at gunpoint to climb in the back so I jumped back in my car and tailed it to see if it went somewhere interesting but after following and bumping into the back of it for five minutes I decided to be the hero.
Pulling broadside across the front of the vehicle I jumped out and fired a volley of automatic fire at the lone driver (missing with every shot) who sat there like he was stoned making no attempt to duck. The woman jumped out the back and ran off while I was left to drag the driver out and make my getaway from what seemed like the whole of the Third Reich. After going round the same block twice ramming motorbike sidecars head on I noticed a green blip and headed on foot to safety.

One bitch saved.
bOnEs
i haven't really focused on taking out the towers before infiltrating a base yet... i sneak into every base in nazi garb but, the towers haven't been much of a problem for me in that department yet... the towers near a oil reserve or nazi general are the ones that give me problems...

sometimes, i just alert the nazi's if i am going to try and take out a few things close together... but, sometimes it's fun to try and take them out quietly... or shooting your gun off a block away and waiting for the nazi's to leave their post... getting away can be fun at times and frustrating at times as well... i kissed my first woman last night too... i couldn't figure out why there was a trophy for kissing 50 women... but, now i know how to do it... it's one of the hiding spots scattered across the map... kissing a woman is like hiding in shack, it gets rid of the search radius... kinda strange but, funny too... the lady made some humorous remarks...

and the freeplay jump spots are kinda lame to be honest... i've taken race cars off some of those jumps and they still don't look right... the driving is pretty suspect at times but, not game-breaking... i hope that one day i can drive those tanks i see all over the place...

EDIT: last night i think i got to 39% of the story completed...
PabloHoneyOle
Haven't kissed any ladies yet. I've only come across one who was marked as a hiding spot, and she was just outside the search radius. As soon as I got to her, the Nazi's had forgotten all about me. Dammit.

I also think the jumps are a little shitty. I've done two so far successfully, but I've had a bunch of fuckups. Most of them have to do with the hideous shadows.
bOnEs
i actually haven't messed up a jump yet... lol, one of them, i only got maybe 2 feet off the ramp and still passed it... on another, i landed the car on it's bumper in between a tree and a building, and still got it... but, the car literally dies in mid-air... i hit a jump fast yet, only launch about 10 feet off the ramp... kinda ridiculous...

oh well, it's not they're important parts of the game anyways... like i said earlier, jack of all trades; master of none biggrin.gif...
Marney1
Kiss women? I'll have to figure that one out. The towers I've been taking out are mainly the isolated ones where no one is likely to hear the shot but to get extra perks I started climbing up and throttling the ayreon one before throwing him to his death where he sometimes lands in a funny position hovering in mid air. bored.gif
If you take your time strolling through a village you can see the odd bit of D.I.Y going on and one or two grieving people in the graveyard.

I think I mentioned in one of the 'GTA5' threads that I'd like to see more rolling countryside to drive through and this game has delivered just that. I'm surprised how much of a role driving is, it really is GTA 1940's and I never thought I'd say this but for all it's minor faults I prefer this to GTA.

Have you come across the bird shooting game yet? I came across one totally by chance in a field and it was NES Duck Hunt all over again lol. I often take pot shots at low flying birds and it was a shock when I actually shot one out the sky.
bOnEs
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 4 2010, 04:26 PM) *
Have you come across the bird shooting game yet? I came across one totally by chance in a field and it was NES Duck Hunt all over again lol. I often take pot shots at low flying birds and it was a shock when I actually shot one out the sky.

is this a freeplay thing? damn, i'd love to do this... i saw there was a trophy for some bird thing... it must be for this...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 4 2010, 09:28 PM) *

is this a freeplay thing? damn, i'd love to do this... i saw there was a trophy for some bird thing... it must be for this...

There was a trophy for it yeah. This game is so full of features that every time I post here I remember something else I like; The tutorials for this game are the best I've come across and without them I'd have put the game to the back of the shelf. You can also check out the the recent conversations not only you've had but the nazi's ones too. Sometimes you don't catch what they're saying but if you browse through the (forget the name now) conversation thread it makes for some lol's.

Edit; Free mode yeah, I bought about five maps and go round checking what the white squares hold.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 4 2010, 04:28 PM) *

Here's the youtube guide:

Also - here is a list of the Perks. Also, you can only buy one gold perk and one silver perk, apparently.

You can earn your perks by fulfilling certain requirements or by buying "upgrades" from your weapon dealer to instantly unlock a silver and/or gold perk which cost 2000 and 3000 of contraband. Lima suggested to buy the silver and gold perk of the mechanics tree, since finding all standart Nazi Vehicles and civilian cars is too random, takes an eternity and is no fun at all and since you can buy only 1 silver/gold perk this is the best way to use the upgrades.

Brawling:
- Knockout 2 Nazis: You should get this during the bar fight by punching Nazis until they don't get up again
- Kill 10 Nazi with Stealth Kills: Refer to "Silent Death"
- Stealth kill 5 Nazi Generals: Take out his 2 Bodyguards with the silenced Pistol(or any other way you see fit) and then approach the General from behind while sneaking with no one else around.

Sabotage:
- Destroy 2 Nazi Installations: Should come easily, look for the Event Markers and set up a Charge and enjoy.
- Destroy 10 Nazi Occupation Towers: Occupation Towers are the ones with Nazi Flags hanging from it. Search for them and blow them to kingdom come.
- Destroy 4 Train Bridges: You can do this after a story mission in which you receive bridge killer charges. Just check the map and the railroads to find the bridges marked as trespassing areas.

Hardware:
- Kill 5 Nazis using Bullets: Guess you don't need explained how to aim and pull the trigger?
- Kill 5 Terror Squad Nazis: First you need alarm level 4+ and they will accompany the regular SS Soldiers. You will recognize them as they wear a gasmask and look like helghast. They are equipped with either some kickass MG, Flame Thrower or Panzershrek
- Destroy a Zeppelin and a Wulf Tank during the same alarm: Well this can be a piece of work. Wulf Tanks won't appear until alarm level 5 and Zeppelins can only be found in Paris or if you wait they come to the countryside. My suggestion is that you search a Wulf Tank(Twin Barrels and looks kickass), look if there is a building nearby where you are can defend yourself and regenerate health, plant 2 RDX charges on it, raise the alarm and blow it up. Now climb up the building and kill Nazis until alarm level 4 kicks in. Once this happens just wait there without killing anyone and wait for the zeppelin to arrive, equip your siegfaust/panzershrek and blow it up.

Mayhem:
- Throw 5 Nazis to their Death: Easier than it sounds. Climb a Occupation Tower, Sniper Nest or AA-Gunplacement which are several meters up. Hold , press and press the in the direction you want to throw the Nazi.
- Overrun 20 Nazis with Cars: If you don't know how to drive a Car in the game, please read the manual
- Destroy 20 Nazi Vehicles with 1 Vehicle: A great tip is using an AA Gun to blow up Nazi vehicles as it counts as vehicle for some reason.

Sniping:
- Kill 5 Nazis with scoped weapons: Kill the Sniper in a Sniper Nest, take his rifle and kill 5 Nazis
- Score 15 Headshots with a scoped weapon: Same as before, accept you have to aim for the head
- Score 10 "double Kills" using a sniper scope: Line up 2 Nazis and put a bullet through both their heads and repeat A good spot is:
From the Club Belle, where you start the game from, turn left and run down the street. After a bit there are always two Nazi's guarding a gate one on the right side, you will notice some bollards on the right hand side of the street walk past 4 (any more and they will spot you, any less and it is quite tricky to get the shot) of these then stop and line up your shot. After they are down just run back to the Belle and enter and exit. Do this 9 more times and you will have it.

Racing:
- Win the Time Trial: Pretty self explanatory isn't it? Will available near the end of Act 2
- Win Country Race 1: You can do this right after finishing the time trial. The Altair is fast enough to win
- Win Country Race 2: Will be available during Act 3, I used the silver claw

Explosives:
- Kill 10 Nazis with Grenades: Throw a Grenade with and just kill 10 Nazis
- Kill 5 Nazis with one Explosion: Raise alarm to level 2 or 3 and hide atop a building and wait for the Nazis to clutter down the street and lop a grenade and hope it kills them. I recommend buying the blast upgrade from the weapon dealer
- Kill 10 Nazis within 10 seconds with Dynamite or RDX: Either set up an ambush with RDX and lure enough nazi into range or play to Act 2 and during a mission from Santos in which you have to blow up 3 Trucks to eliminate competition and get your new travel papers do the following: Get yourself the car Altair(yep pun intended), set up the trap with holding , drive to the trucks and bail out with at a safe distance and enjoy the show.

Mechanics:
- Collect 5 different civilian cars: Jack a car, drive it to the garage and exit it. Once the message "Car has been collected" appears on top of the screen you know you did it right.
- Collect every Nazi Vehicle: Some of them appear only late in game and it is no fun. Just invest the instant silver perk upgrade here.
- Collect all civilian, race and military vehicles: You get the idea and you should just buy the instant gold perk upgrade.

Demolitions:
- Blow up 3 Nazi Vehicles with Dynamite: Either wait for a Sturmwagen to appear or blow up the Fuel Stations as a Bauer Truck is always there.
- Destroy 5 Nazi Vehicles within 300 Seconds with Dynamite: Just kill some Nazis and they will get a steady stream of reinforcements via Sturmwagen, which you should blow up.
- Destroy 3 Wulf Tanks with Dynamite or RDX: Wulf Tanks have a Twin Cannon and a explosive fueltank at the rear. Just set up 1-2 Charges and detonate them.

Evasion:
- Evade alarm level 2 5 times: Kill some Nazis and use a nearby hiding spot or outrun them
- Evade alarm level 3: Be careful where you attempt this, as there will be regular patrols on the streets and hiding spots on ground level will be closed. Just be patient and use a hiding spot on high ground.
- Evade alarm level 5: To do this the easy way get to the Eifel Tower, fight until you are in alarm level 5 and take the elevators up to the restaurant.
Marney1
What's RDX?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 4 2010, 04:47 PM) *
What's RDX?

Remote explosives.

I need these. I haven't gotten them yet, but it sounds like you place them like dynamite, then detonate them remotely.
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 4 2010, 09:48 PM) *
What's RDX?

Remote explosives.

I need these. I haven't gotten them yet, but it sounds like you place them like dynamite, then detonate them remotely.

I read in the tutorials something about having a chain of exploives going off together maybe this is what's needed?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 4 2010, 04:52 PM) *
What's RDX?

Remote explosives.

I read in the tutorials something about having a chain of exploives going off together maybe this is what's needed?

Probably, I am interested to see WHEN you get the RDX.

Supposedly, it can be unlocked by blowing up 5 Nazi vehicles in 60 seconds.
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 4 2010, 09:55 PM) *
What's RDX?

Remote explosives.

That sounds difficult.
Then again there's a perk to enable faster planting of explosives.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 4 2010, 04:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 4 2010, 09:55 PM) *
What's RDX?

Remote explosives.

That sounds difficult.

Yeah, the guide I posted says 300 seconds... not sure though.
bOnEs
- Stealth kill 5 Nazi Generals: Take out his 2 Bodyguards with the silenced Pistol(or any other way you see fit) and then approach the General from behind while sneaking with no one else around.

actually, all you have to do is walk right past those two guards in nazi gear... you can usually get to the general just before the guards behind him turn hostile... i only have one more to kill to unlock the "one punch" perk... but, you do have to sneak up on him so, you'll have to walk past the guards from behind...

i will use the silver and gold perks on these car collectathons though... i can remember from past GTA games how much of a bitch it is to find these vehicles as they are usually random...

- Destroy 20 Nazi Vehicles with 1 Vehicle: A great tip is using an AA Gun to blow up Nazi vehicles as it counts as vehicle for some reason.

also, the barracks looking truck can be used for this (the ones you see at the oil depots)... i high-jacked one of these and noticed that if you hit a nazi vehicle smaller than it, it will explode kinda like what happened to the police in GTA when you high-jacked a tank...

the last evasion one might be a tough one... i don't even think i've gotten anything higher than a level 3 yet... and i don't have a single sniper perk yet because, i only used it for that one mission... plus, that damn gun is too expensive right now and, i see no use for it yet...

question: how do you know what level the alarms are at? i have yet to figure that one out...
Marney1
I love this game but I just want to get these things off my chest;

*Nazi's in semi prone positions with their weapons pointing through a wall.
*Dead bodies sometimes do a Neo (mid air stills).
*I saw a tank bouncing wildly between a tree and a wall (similar to cars bouncing in GTA4 MP).
*I ran to catch up with a nazi so I could snipe him in the back of the head but when I looked through the sight he'd vanished. Sometimes happens with the red blips too just as you're about to look round a corner.
*Waterfalls run like there's a landslide behind them (too fast).
*Scrolling is sometimes jittery when next to a structure.

I love the game for what it is though and feel horrible for mentioning those things as they could just be one-offs but I hope they sort them out if they make a sequel.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 4 2010, 05:01 PM) *
question: how do you know what level the alarms are at? i have yet to figure that one out...

It should say in your bottom left hand corner. When you get an alarm (outside of a Base Alarm) it says Alarm 1. Kill a few Nazis/vehicles/structures while your in alarm and your alarm will increase (larger spread of WANTED area) and the display should change to Alarm 2, 3, 4, etc.

I've gotten up to Alarm 5 once, after the mission where you can use the AA gun to blow up the supply trucks. I just stayed in the AA blowing up vehicles, zeppelins and eventually planes. There was no escaping the Nazis though once the planes showed up. One spray of their bullets did me in quick.
Marney1
I couldn't figure alarm levels out either but now I do - nice one. Planes! Why the fuck haven't I given planes a thought?
While roaming I've come across some mean looking missiles in their launch position and I think I saw a V2, stayed well away though because I was just gathering intelligence. evil (15).gif
bOnEs
thanks stoic, i needed to know that... i really had no clue what level i was getting up to... now i wonder how far i got on one of my non-save rampages when i literally couldn't find the end of the search zone... maybe that was level 5... i was driving in my race car so, i don't know if i was being chased by planes or not...

--------

@ marney - yea, there's a laundry list of things i laughed at due to glitchy shit... one was the same as yours where a tank spawned and bounced between trees... the funny part was, the tank killed the guards standing around it when it bounced around laugh.gif... there's been quite a few times where i've approached a sniper tower, only to find out, there was no sniper in the nest, or guards near the oil reserves...

i got the same one stoic mentioned earlier in this thread where a courier ran up to me backwards, lol laugh.gif...

but, the great far outweighs the bad with this game... it's one of those rare games that aren't unplayable with the glitches... it must be a pandemic thing because, the mercenaries 2 glitches were too much to deal with... it's nice to see they at least improved most aspects from that game... i'm sure it runs on the same engine so, THANK YOU for listening to the complaints from mercs 2...
Marney1
LOL I got that messenger too, thought he'd had a cheerleader flu shot or something.

Have you seen the burning bodies and dead dogs in the street? Have you, HAVE YOU? Those Nazi's are gonna pay!
PabloHoneyOle
I've seen bodies - but no dogs... HOW DARE THEY!

Sean is a blood thirsty member of PETA.
bOnEs
haven't seen those yet but then again, i haven't exactly explored much... i've been around but, not deep into nazi-occupied areas...

i like how the jews try to fight back against the nazi's in areas with strong resistance... they punch-kick-punch and the guard hits 'em with the butt of their gun and they're down for the count laugh.gif... they try but, i've watched a nazi take out 4-5 civilians by himself... i watched one civilian run over a nazi with his car... he stopped, the nazi got up so, he took off, lol laugh.gif...

there's some pretty funny stuff out there if you just wander the streets...
Marney1
I can't believe I was up all last night playing this (been awake about 30 hours) and now I'm not playing it I'm talking about it. Those negative critics have got something to answer for.

The dogs were on the ground surrounded by a huge amount of blood at the entrance to what looked like a huge nazi complex, not sure where because I haven't got the hang of the place names yet. Oh hang on - they might be near where the Foreign Legion prisoners were.
bOnEs
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 4 2010, 05:54 PM) *
I can't believe I was up all last night playing this (been awake about 30 hours) and now I'm not playing it I'm talking about it. Those negative critics have got something to answer for.

dude, that's like me, massacre, synch and stoic all talking about fallout 3... staying up all night playing it and spending the next afternoon talking about it... but, me and stoic are at work so, at least we're making money while we waste time talking about it biggrin.gif...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 4 2010, 11:01 PM) *

dude, that's like me, massacre, synch and stoic all talking about fallout 3... staying up all night playing it and spending the next afternoon talking about it... but, me and stoic are at work so, at least we're making money while we waste time talking about it biggrin.gif...

I do most of my work from home and the lads aren't needed 'til next week so I'm lucky because I'd be losing customers because of this game. Then again I get by on about 4 or 5 hours sleep most nights anyway.

OMG now I'm talking about talking about it.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 4 2010, 06:01 PM) *

dude, that's like me, massacre, synch and stoic all talking about fallout 3... staying up all night playing it and spending the next afternoon talking about it... but, me and stoic are at work so, at least we're making money while we waste time talking about it

I didn't see this post before I left yesterday afternoon, but yes. I'm very into this game, ALMOST as much as I was Fallout. ALMOST.

Before I get to the Saboteur related post, just an update: I took my 360 into Gamestop last night for a trade in. It worked long enough for them to issue me a $100 trade-in for it ($80 for the system + $20 promo). I also traded in a few games and got another promotion for an extra $20 on top of the weak TIV of the games. Anyway, I ended up with about $150 in store credit and I also had a $25 gift card from Grams. Yada, yada, yada, I ended up getting a brand new 360 for $32 out of pocket. I was home playing the Saboteur by 9PM.

Last night was a BIG night for me in Saboteur. I finally got to complete the Chemical Factory mission that damned my old 360 console. I have to say I love the free-roaming ability of the game. During the Chemical Factory mission, I was able to dish some destruction and then retreat if needed or leave the area completely to refill weapons, etc. I also managed to find along the backside of the Factory, the Stiegfaus MKII, the first rocket launcher available. It only holds 2 rockets, but it is a lot of fun and extremely deadly. After completing the mission, I had enough contraband to buy the Stiegfaus and the rocket ammo upgrade which gave me a whopping ONE extra rocket.

After that, I did a couple more side missions. One had me assassinating a general who had multiple decoys before he could meet with another general. I was given a sniper rifle to help identify him and my first run through, I shot him right between the eyes. However during my daring escape, I fell off the building I was sniping from and died upon impact. Smooth. Thanks to the delightful "RETRY" option, I was placed back atop my sniper perch - ready to make the kill again. This time I identified the general, then switched to the Stiegfaus and blew every Nazi in the plaza to shit. "And at this range, I'm a real Frederick Zoller."

The other had me sabotaging a plaza where Zeppelins were being supplied with weapons and fuel to support the Nazis in Africa. The mission was similar to the Chemical Factory; destroy these specific targets, except some were zeppelins. I found an AA gun and made short work of most of the targets, however there was one zeppelin across the plaza which was "immune" to AA fire. I was firing straight at it, multiple times, yet it wasn't exploding. My wanted level attracted the patrolling zeppelins - which were BEHIND the indestructible zeppelin target which I was able to blow up with the AA gun. I had to jump out of my AA gun and blow it up with the Stieghaus at close range. Not that big of a glitch, more of a bitch, I suppose.

Anyway, between those missions and tons of freeplay sabotage, I managed to get enough contraband to buy the Silver and Gold Perks for the Mechanic. The price of those perks are 2000 and 3000, respectively. Speaking of Mechanic perks, if you haven't the Bronze Mechanic Perk is probably one of the best ones. Collect 5 civilian cars, you unlock "The Altair", a bad ass race car. I also purchased a perk from the store which spawns a merchant whenever you use the getaway feature. Pretty handy, especially in the dark areas where there is no base close by.

As of 1AM last night, I had completed 47% of the missions and 20% of the freeplay. I've kissed 2 girls, saved 4 civilians from the Nazis, killed 87 civilians myself (12 more than the Nazis - I might add). Tell me, who's the real monster here?

Great game. Great FUCKING game.
bOnEs
cool to see everything worked out for you with the 360...

i too got a lot of shit done last night... however, i must be right where you are at... my last mission i did was the one where you had to break that guy out of a high security prison... this prison was surrounded by nazi's, tons of nazi's... but, i managed to do that mission without ever alerting the guards... it was pretty slick biggrin.gif... it involved a nazi costume, one explosive charge, stealth killing two guards and a casual walk out the front door with the prisoner... i was surprised how easy that was because, i had a hell of a time trying to do that mission guns a blazin'...

but, i'm about where you are at... i'm at about 50% done with missions and about 13% done with freeplay... i did a couple of races last night too, which unlock some new cars in the garage... dierker's car is pretty sweet... it's the only car i've seen where if you enter a nazi-occupied area, the back of the car glows red biggrin.gif... it's the only car i see that had color in a colorless area... but, the altair car is still better...

did you know sean takes a sip off a pint sometimes? i had just gotten my checkpoint papers when he busted out a pint of whiskey and took a swig off it... i wish there was a button to make him drink like there's a button to make him smoke laugh.gif... that's the only time i've seen him do it...

i had some wasted sessions at the end of the night though... twice i lost a half-hours work on destroying nazi shit... this happened because, i failed to save before trying to take out a few things at once... both times i died and had to reload... however, on the last reload, i just said "take me to HQ"... i took the loss of explosives and weapons because, i didn't want to lose all that work again... it doesn't hurt as bad as you'd think... explosives are cheap and the weapons are free if you've purchased them already... it's just a minor inconvenience... not as bad as the game made you think it was near the beginning...

what else... well, i guess that's enough for now... ohh, i unlocked the tommy gun and rocket launcher... i haven't purchased the latter yet but, i will soon enough... i'm anxious to take out a zepplin in mid-air biggrin.gif... and i also unlocked a bunch of perks as well... i'd say maybe 5 i unlocked last night... pretty productive evening biggrin.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
I haven't seen Sean drink yet.

I had attempted the mission where you break the guy out of jail, yet I couldn't find a way inside the building. I tried numerous times and kept getting noticed, even while disguised. That's when I went to doing side missions.

Also, I thought I'd be crafty and figure out a way to destroy 10 Nazi vehicles in 300 seconds - by pulling Nazi vehicles out of my garage. Looks like it only allows you to pull out one at a time (that's what she said), so that idea is busted.

Where are the races? Are they part of a mission? Haven't found those yet.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 5 2010, 11:45 AM) *
I haven't seen Sean drink yet.

I had attempted the mission where you break the guy out of jail, yet I couldn't find a way inside the building. I tried numerous times and kept getting noticed, even while disguised. That's when I went to doing side missions.

Also, I thought I'd be crafty and figure out a way to destroy 10 Nazi vehicles in 300 seconds - by pulling Nazi vehicles out of my garage. Looks like it only allows you to pull out one at a time (that's what she said), so that idea is busted.

Where are the races? Are they part of a mission? Haven't found those yet.

the races appear right after you finish the prison escape mission...

for the mission, use the doorway that doesn't have the general standing at it... walk right up past the two guards (wear a nazi custome of course) and plant a charge on the door that you can't get through... back out of there as fast as you can without alerting the guards... once the search radius disappears, walk back in the way you went before, the door will now be destroyed... you'll have to take out the two guards patrolling around the prison cell without being seen by the spotlights... once you do that, get the prisoner and just walk back out the way you came... i am beginning to find that stealth really works well if you put in the time and effort it takes to get it done...

sometimes though, you just gotta run 'n gun... but, it's really fun sneaking in biggrin.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 5 2010, 11:51 AM) *
for the mission, use the doorway that doesn't have the general standing at it... walk right up past the two guards (wear a nazi custome of course) and plant a charge on the door that you can't get through... back out of there as fast as you can without alerting the guards... once the search radius disappears, walk back in the way you went before, the door will now be destroyed... you'll have to take out the two guards patrolling around the prison cell without being seen by the spotlights... once you do that, get the prisoner and just walk back out the way you came... i am beginning to find that stealth really works well if you put in the time and effort it takes to get it done...

sometimes though, you just gotta run 'n gun... but, it's really fun sneaking in biggrin.gif...

Ah, yeah I kept walking up to that gate door and couldn't figure out how to get through it. Explosives, OF COURSE!
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 5 2010, 12:05 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 5 2010, 11:51 AM) *

Ah, yeah I kept walking up to that gate door and couldn't figure out how to get through it. Explosives, OF COURSE!

you have no idea how many times it took me to realize that as well... i tried to the shoot 'em up approach a few times and failed miserably... then, i tried the disguise approach and couldn't figure out how the hell i was suppose to get in... next, i tried the rooftop approach but, there were guards everywhere and didn't work for me either... finally, after trying the stealth approach again, i thought to myself, "might as well try explosives... if it doesn't work, i'll just try something else i guess"... and to my surprise, it knocked down the door...

when in doubt, blow shit up biggrin.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 5 2010, 12:24 PM) *
you have no idea how many times it took me to realize that as well... i tried to the shoot 'em up approach a few times and failed miserably... then, i tried the disguise approach and couldn't figure out how the hell i was suppose to get in... next, i tried the rooftop approach but, there were guards everywhere and didn't work for me either... finally, after trying the stealth approach again, i thought to myself, "might as well try explosives... if it doesn't work, i'll just try something else i guess"... and to my surprise, it knocked down the door...

I tried every approach as well. I'm going to blow the damn door off as soon as I get home.
bOnEs
hell, even trying to distract the guards by blowing something up nearby didn't work... every time, only one or two guards (out of the many) went to investigate... it was never enough for me to sneak in... plus, once i got past the guards, how was i suppose to get in?! it's amazing that i forgot the name of the game i'm playing... and that's sabotage... explosives are the what this game is about...
Marney1
Didn't play at all yesterday but I'm getting on it in the next half hour.

Missions 31%
Freeplay 3%

I hate reading spoilers in a thread but with this game it does nothing to ruin it for me, it's as though your talking amongst fellow saboteurs who might have failed a mission but are coming back to tell you what the defenses were like and so you take that in mind and try for yourself.
My wife's at work and I've got nothing to do tommorrow so tonight's going to be a long night in Paris.

LOL - No pun intended.
PabloHoneyOle
The variety this game offers is truly phenomenal.
Marney1
Like I said before GTA4 1940's - but without mobile/cell phones thank god, nothing to desturb your sightseeing.
bOnEs
every missions can be approached 3 different ways:

1) blow shit up and kill everything in sight...
2) sneak in and sneak out...
3) a little of A and a little bit of B...

maybe there's other ways but, these are the three i've implored thus far... i bet i could of beaten that prison mission by killing everything in sight if i would of taken out strategic guards that cause problems once the alarm goes off... yea, there's plenty of options out there to tackle a mission...

another way i just thought of... rig a car to blow, speed towards the gate bail out and watch the car take out the general and his goons... that sounds like a fun way...
PabloHoneyOle
I enjoy sniping everyone possible, from a rooftop if possible. I'm rocking the Scoped Steiner most of the time. I've taken out quite a few generals without their guards even knowing what happened. Suspicion zone means nothing when you're nine stories up. I also like taking out the snipers in the occupation towers/sniper nests before I blow them up.

Has anyone done anything with the RESISTANCE or GETAWAY features of the game? On 360, you press select and up or down (left to remove disguise). When you trigger Resistance or Getaway, it gives you a target for a spawn point. I haven't used it yet, curious if anyone has established any value in either.
bOnEs
i've used the getaway one... pretty nifty to have the car of your choice (selected back at the garage) delivered to you... i haven't used the resistance yet because, i fear they will blow my cover... i'm a sneaky person for the most part... i need to try em out one of these times...
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 5 2010, 07:48 PM) *
I enjoy sniping everyone possible, from a rooftop if possible. I'm rocking the Scoped Steiner most of the time. I've taken out quite a few generals without their guards even knowing what happened. Suspicion zone means nothing when you're nine stories up. I also like taking out the snipers in the occupation towers/sniper nests before I blow them up.

Has anyone done anything with the RESISTANCE or GETAWAY features of the game? On 360, you press select and up or down (left to remove disguise). When you trigger Resistance or Getaway, it gives you a target for a spawn point. I haven't used it yet, curious if anyone has established any value in either.

I've had a car dropped off to me a couple of times and want to see if it works while I'm in the middle of nowhere like the middle of a field or something but I suspect it'll just get dropped off at the nearsest road.
I've tried calling for back up but didn't know what to do with the red/green marker that spawns but I'll try again.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 5 2010, 03:08 PM) *
i've used the getaway one... pretty nifty to have the car of your choice (selected back at the garage) delivered to you... i haven't used the resistance yet because, i fear they will blow my cover... i'm a sneaky person for the most part... i need to try em out one of these times...

How do you select your getaway car?
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 5 2010, 08:34 PM) *

At the garage vehicle menu it says at the bottom 'Set Getaway' you just choose which one you'd like, I've just selected the Altair.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 5 2010, 03:34 PM) *

at the garage, look in your car inventory... once you hover over the car you want to use, press the button it says at the bottom of the screen for getaway (square on PS3)... swap out the car to what you want... you'll then see the "getaway" icon next to the name of the car, indicating that is your getaway car...

EDIT: yea, the altair is my choice as well... i wonder if that's a nod to assassin's creed because, it steals a lot of elements from that game...
Marney1
The resistance fighter who drops my car off is also a weapons dealer which is very handy when you're out in the sticks.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 5 2010, 04:00 PM) *
The resistance fighter who drops my car off is also a weapons dealer which is very handy when you're out in the sticks.

Did you buy the perk for that?
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 5 2010, 09:03 PM) *

Yeah, go to 'Upgrades' and choose 'Special Delivery' I think it costs 300 contraband.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 5 2010, 04:07 PM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 5 2010, 09:03 PM) *

Yeah, go to 'Upgrades' and choose 'Special Delivery' I think it costs 300 contraband.

Yeah, I bought that last night at the end of my play. Didn't get to use it. Nice to know.
Marney1
Palais Royale; I was stuck on this for ages because the AA guns were no use against two of the zeppelins but they were OK to take out two patrolling ones about a mile away. I decided I was going to need some kind of rocket launcher so before I was about to leave to find one I threw a grenade (out of frustration) at one of them and it bounced on the top twice then exploded taking the fucker out too.
Facepalm moment then I did the same with the last one and because I'd been on it for so long it was so nice to see the colour return.

I'm so happy I feel like killing a civilian.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.