Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Saboteur
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
bOnEs
dude, i did get a better deal at topp's... i got $25 for modern warfare, and $10 a piece for oblivion (forgot i still had that piece of shit) and midnight club LA... so, i had $45 towards a new copy of uncharted 2, which was the only copy they had for $60... but still, you can't beat $25 for a two year old game biggrin.gif... i almost wondered if he thought i was trading in MW2, lol...

i need to go there FIRST, from now on... they have a nice trade in option for single games... you can swap them with another game that has the same price... the only catch is they charge you $3 for the transaction and their selection is limited... i mean come on, they trade baseball cards there still... and other collectibles...

back on topic: i didn't trade in the saboteur but, it's good to know that i could probably go to topp's and trade a newer shitty game in for a great value... if saboteur was crappy, i would of gotten probably $40 for it... instead, it stays on my shelf for when i want to kick some more nazi ass...
GLC
I'm going to get this tomorrow. With GTA IV DLC and Red Dead Redemption coming in March and April, I see this as the only chance for me to give the game my full attention for quite a while....
PabloHoneyOle
I traded my copy of Saboteur for $10 and a sealed copy of Prototype. I've gotten all the achievements for the game and the only freeplay left on my map is the damn viewpoint on the Ferris Wheel. Luckily, I didn't need it to get the achievement. I also have a few more cars to collect, but that's not really important to me.

I'll definitely be getting this game again, but I can't see a reason to hang on to it right now. Whenever I feel the urge to play through it again, there will be plenty of copies available for me to pickup. I'm sad to see it go, but it'll just collect dust on my shelf. I'm glad to be passing it on to someone else who will get to experience it, even if they have to pay $5 for the titties.
bOnEs
i might trade mine in towards heavy rain, if i can get $20 for it... i'm guessing you traded it in to gamestop, right? if it's $10 already, i might as well just hold on to it... this game isn't worth trading away for $10... plus, i got some GTA/assassin's creed friends that would enjoy playing this one... i'll let them borrow it whenever they have a drought in games, which i'm guessing is going to be after either the "episodes" or RDR...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 1 2010, 10:19 AM) *
i might trade mine in towards heavy rain, if i can get $20 for it... i'm guessing you traded it in to gamestop, right? if it's $10 already, i might as well just hold on to it... this game isn't worth trading away for $10... plus, i got some GTA/assassin's creed friends that would enjoy playing this one... i'll let them borrow it whenever they have a drought in games, which i'm guessing is going to be after either the "episodes" or RDR...

I traded with some kid on CAG.

Yeah, I just have too many games that I'm in the middle of or haven't started yet to consider hanging onto one I've completed 99.99%.

It's not like my save file is going anywhere.
bOnEs
hmm, i'm still reluctant to part with this gem though... even though i have a 100% complete file...

hey GLC, how's your time in paris treating you?
GLC
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 1 2010, 04:51 PM) *

Haven't played too much, something like 15% into the story. Plan to do a little exploring later, so far I've just been ploughing through the missions.

bOnEs
QUOTE (GLC @ Feb 1 2010, 02:47 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 1 2010, 04:51 PM) *

Haven't played too much, something like 15% into the story. Plan to do a little exploring later, so far I've just been ploughing through the missions.

yea, start taking down the nazi propaganda as soon as you can... there's hundred's and hundred's of them so, it's not too bad to get distracted by them because, you'll practically never run out of them unless your going for 100%... and take a look at the perks page and start working at trying to get some of those because, all of them aid you greatly in your journey ahead...
GLC
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 1 2010, 09:51 PM) *
yea, start taking down the nazi propaganda as soon as you can... there's hundred's and hundred's of them so, it's not too bad to get distracted by them because, you'll practically never run out of them unless your going for 100%... and take a look at the perks page and start working at trying to get some of those because, all of them aid you greatly in your journey ahead...

I've got most of the bronze (think I need mayhem and another. I can't remember which) as well as a few silver. As for the propaganda, I've already got rid of quite a few. Usually when I finish a mission and find I'm a mile away from the next I just run around looking for shit to blow up. smile.gif

Haven't done many missions today, more exploring. I was moving around a grey area earlier when I came to some alleyway. It was raining hard and there were a few people walking by looking miserable and cold. One old woman was leaning against a wall sobbing when a couple of Nazis approached and began attacking her.

Depressing, yet epic shit.
Marney1
Did you save the sobbing old woman from the evil nazis? Try to save as many as you can when you come across that situation then you won't feel so bad when you run over your next civilian. If you hang around for a bit when you see them terrorising the locals you sometimes get to witness a wagon pulling up and the frightened sole being forced to climb into the back.
Then you follow the wagon to the train station, jump on the train to Aushwitz and watch them strip naked and have their heads shaved before shower time. While you're there look for Josef Mengele's office (you can tell it by it's double doors) and go inside and you will come out with an identical twin named Jasper who will be by your side for the rest of the game.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 2 2010, 08:27 PM) *
Then you follow the wagon to the train station, jump on the train to Aushwitz and watch them strip naked and have their heads shaved before shower time. While you're there look for Josef Mengele's office (you can tell it by it's double doors) and go inside and you will come out with an identical twin named Jasper who will be by your side for the rest of the game.

Awesome. Don't forget to collect a handful of gold teeth and a human skin lamp.
GLC
Missions - 100%
Freeplay - 40%

Yep, I finished the story on Friday, forgot to post here...

I doubt I'm gonna bother going for all the Freeplay Targets to get the trophies. I've already got them all in Le Havre, and I may go for the trophy for Saarbrucken because there aren't too many targets there, but I'm not gonna find 300 in Paris area one or however many it is...Although they're certainly not as bad (infact, nowhere near as bad, seeing as they are all marked on the map) as the feathers in AC2 or pigeons in GTA, I still don't really want to go spend a few days going around France blowing up every damn Sniper Nest and searchlight... This means although I only have about 8 trophies left, I won't be going for the Platinum.
bOnEs
that's why you should of sprinkled in the freeplay targets while you were playing... i think when i finished the story i had done 66% of the freeplays but yea, it takes a long time to destroy all freeplay targets... the countryside is far more easier to clear out than the city targets...
PabloHoneyOle
I spent HOURS just doing freeplay. Clearing small sections of the map, one by one. It was great fun, don't get me wrong, but I put some serious time into those damn Freeplay targets. Anyway, I miss this game. Not enough to get again (yet), but I just wish there had been some sort of Multiplayer or replay-ability to make this game a KEEPER.

I'll get it again one day, finish up collecting cars and such, probably play through the story again, but that's a long ways away (when I can find the game for $20 or so).
bOnEs
i'm kind of close to replaying this game... i still have yet to play infamous as an evil character, i've been saving that for a rainy day... and i still want to beat uncharted 2 on hard... so, i still have other things i need to finish up with other games but, i keep hearing the fuhrer over the loud speaker telling to play this again, and also telling me about proper hygiene...
Pieface
I spent hours doing freeplay. Got all the achievements on this game though so traded it in for AC2. And have got all the achievements for that now..
TheAnalogKid2112
Bought this today, totally impulsively. Hope I like it.
TheAnalogKid2112
Played up until I stole that Champagne. This game is a hell of a lot of fun. I know I'm going to love it.
bOnEs
wow, so your playing this, just cause 2, AND god of war III?? laugh.gif... well, at least your playing this game biggrin.gif... you probably paid $30 for it and it is well worth the price... it's worth $60 to be honest but, this game deserves to be enjoyed by more people... and if the price is already dropping then, more people will check it out...

it was one of the better games of 2009 IMO... a blend of numerous other games like GTA, mercenaries and assassin's creed... and ohh man, i can hear it calling me again laugh.gif, this game is begging to be played again... the story was a lot of fun and so were the missions... i kind of miss it sad.gif... at least i never traded it in so, i can play it one of these days real soon...

i miss sabotaging everything... and i miss hearing the stereotypical characters spout off lines that even make R* jealous... seriously, the voice acting and the story are pretty good... of course, you probably already know that by now biggrin.gif...
Marney1
Watch out for the gravity defying nazi! laugh.gif A few minor glitches in the game but they just added to the entertainment for me.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 28 2010, 07:27 AM) *
wow, so your playing this, just cause 2, AND god of war III?? laugh.gif... well, at least your playing this game biggrin.gif... you probably paid $30 for it and it is well worth the price... it's worth $60 to be honest but, this game deserves to be enjoyed by more people... and if the price is already dropping then, more people will check it out...

i miss sabotaging everything... and i miss hearing the stereotypical characters spout off lines that even make R* jealous... seriously, the voice acting and the story are pretty good... of course, you probably already know that by now biggrin.gif...

No, I haven't rented God of War III yet. I paid $40 for Saboteur and of course $60 for Just Cause 2, which happens to have just arrived at my door.
Yeah, I do like the voice acting so far. It is extremely great, and for the little bit I've seen so far, movie-quality. The scene where Jules' mom was told about his death is where I decided that. The music and voice acting was perfectly executed there.

So yeah, I'll try to balance this game and Just Cause 2, but I think everyone knows I'll probably be sucked into Just Cause's vortex of awesomeness.
Darth Sexy
I still haven't got this game, nor Mass Effect 2. Is this worth it? Mass Effect 2 is a given, obviously.
Marney1
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Mar 29 2010, 04:16 AM) *
I still haven't got this game, nor Mass Effect 2. Is this worth it? Mass Effect 2 is a given, obviously.

It's a must - it guarantees at least 60 hours of non stop fun! Brilliant game, me, Stoic and bOnEs couldn't put it down just look at the length of this thread - it's mostly just us three that made it up to this point.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Mar 28 2010, 11:16 PM) *

It's definitely worth getting. You should be able to score a deal on it now.
bOnEs
it retails at $40 new... which isn't a bad price at all... that's what i paid for it when it was on sale at bestbuy months ago...
TheAnalogKid2112
I bet you if you found it at a used game store, it would be around $20-$30. I never bothered to compare prices. Again, it was just an impulse buy.
bOnEs
well impulse or not, at least it'll be there for you in a few months when your getting sort of bored with just cause 2 laugh.gif...
Darth Sexy
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 30 2010, 02:55 AM) *
it retails at $40 new... which isn't a bad price at all... that's what i paid for it when it was on sale at bestbuy months ago...

Right, so that's about $120 in Australia.
bOnEs
i actually read yesterday that the price on amazon is $20 right now... i don't know if that's a permanent price or not but, i would jump on that deal if any of you were interested in playing it... maybe check gamestop too or something... it might be permanent...
TheAnalogKid2112
This game is mucho fun now that I'm over Just Cause 2. Finally committing to the story. Probably won't do much after the main story since RDR is supposedly out...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 17 2010, 08:18 PM) *
This game is mucho fun now that I'm over Just Cause 2. Finally committing to the story. Probably won't do much after the main story since RDR is supposedly out...

Just Cause 2 > Saboteur IMO, but they are essentially the same style of game.
Marney1
I was totally immersed in The Saboteur for about 2 weeks but didn't pick it up again after that (traded it in the end) but that doesn't mean I don't highly recommend it - I do! You can't knock this game until you've played it and it's one of my top games for 2009!
Marney1
Just had the urge to snipe nazis in watchtowers then realised I'd traded my copy in. Think I'll be picking this up again.
bOnEs
yea, i've been getting the itch to start a new file... since i wiped out all nazi camps, there's nothing to do on my current file but drive around... i need to start all over if i am going to have fun again...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jul 22 2010, 02:18 PM) *
yea, i've been getting the itch to start a new file... since i wiped out all nazi camps, there's nothing to do on my current file but drive around... i need to start all over if i am going to have fun again...

You reached 100%??????????
bOnEs
yup, it's one of my 5 platinum trophies biggrin.gif... taking out all of the nazi camps took forever but, it was satisfying in the end...
Pieface
Did you not reach 100% in this game?
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (Pieface @ Jul 26 2010, 02:10 AM) *
Did you not reach 100% in this game?

*assumes you're speaking to me*
No, I didn't. The amount of white dots on the map was overwhelming and I was too excited to play RDR. So I guess in my bored future I can try to 100% this and Just Cause 2, but I think that is highly unlikely.
Pieface
I thought all the regs in this thread got 100%. You should be ashamed Analkike. Go back and play it. NOW!
bOnEs
marney didn't get 100%... i recall him saying, "fuck that!"... and stoic still needed to knock down the nazi towers too... GLC never got it either... you, me and psy might be the only ones that did...
PabloHoneyOle
I got 100%. The only dot I didn't get was the one at the top of the Ferris Wheel, but I didn't need it to get the achievement.

If you didn't get 100% on this game, you might as well have never played it.
bOnEs
ahh, now i remember... that is a strange thing though, i recall getting the trophies for all three areas while there was still a few towers left to destroy... i wonder if the game just decided, "you know, you've blown up enough of these, i say close enough" laugh.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jul 27 2010, 11:23 AM) *
ahh, now i remember... that is a strange thing though, i recall getting the trophies for all three areas while there was still a few towers left to destroy... i wonder if the game just decided, "you know, you've blown up enough of these, i say close enough" laugh.gif...

I think you had to do just about all of them for each area, with the exception of one or two.

Analog talked about 100%ing Just Cause 2. This is much more difficult for me than the Saboteur ever was.
Massacre
So Fallout is out, and Fable comes out Tuesday. I found this game for $13.38 at Target. Is there any reason to buy it now?
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 23 2010, 06:08 PM) *
So Fallout is out, and Fable comes out Tuesday. I found this game for $13.38 at Target. Is there any reason to buy it now?

Yes! Sean Devlin is one of the best protagonist's you'll ever have the joy of controlling. Seeing the city/countryside landscapes bloom with colour after completing missions/areas gives you a great sense of achievement as does creeping up behind nazis and stabbing them in the kidneys.
I saw a bunch of pre-owned copies while I was in Gamestation yesterday and decided that sometime soon, I will buy it again.

So yes, get it a.s.a.p you'll not regret it!

Edit: You'll love the flamethrowing nazis, they look just like YOU!
Massacre
Too late, I'm already home. I'll pick it up if it's still there next time.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 23 2010, 07:29 PM) *
Too late, I'm already home. I'll pick it up if it's still there next time.

Did you send that earlier post by phone while you were out or something?

Hang on! YOU WENT OUTSIDE?
Massacre
It was raining. I took advantage.
Marney1
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 2 2010, 07:47 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 2 2010, 07:42 PM) *
I like the look of this game. Does it have endurance or does it get real boring real quick? Is it a sandbox game or is it more or less linear?

Well it's got tits in it.

What?
Marney1
YouTube haven't removed this one. smile.gif I wanna play this again.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.