Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Saboteur
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PabloHoneyOle
Saarbrucken is part of Germany - I am pretty sure it stays grey - FOREVER. Even after eliminating all the freeplay targets, there are still Nazis patrolling and executing civilians on the street - if you liberate Paris without getting the achievement for saving civilians, you can head up to Germany where the Nazi presence never fades...

Most of us are NEARING the end of the game. Pieface even seems to be blowing through the game. I'm not sure about the ending of the game, marney - don't spoil anything too much, but what would you like to see in DLC - hypothetically (If Pandemic was still around or EA managed to cook something up)... Hitler assassination plot? Liberation of Concentration Camps, etc.? Just curious.
bOnEs
i did a mission that took over an hour to do last night... i thought i was going to be racing but, instead i ended up rescuing someone, taking them back to the "this place smells like old sausage" HQ, then defending that place and driving the survivors to another resistance HQ... i was drunk and i pulled it off nicely, even blew up a tank in the middle of the chaos with RDX, which was a pretty ballsy move considering i almost died in the process biggrin.gif...

so, i didn't do anything i said i was going to do last night like climb the eiffel tower and the kill 10 in 10 seconds perk... instead i got drunk and watched the movie "UP"... i highly recommend that movie by the way... one of the funniest pixar films ever... by the time i was ready to play, i was trashed, lol...
Pieface
My story isn't going as quickly, I've been doing all the odd-jobs and such.
Marney1
@Stoic - With EA/Pandemic boasting that the game went Gold on PS3/360 and PC it's just possible they will release a DLC or sequel in the future. I'd like to see what you mentioned; Hitler assassination plot and maybe the liberation of deathcamps or have it set in Berlin during the final days of the war. If it was the latter it could be your mission to track down and save documentation crucial for the Nazi war trials.
My own grandfather hunted Nazis in Belgium after the war ended and as a story/game you could chase them round the world bringing them to justice (Argentina/Brazil etc.)???

I'm sure something will come to mind but those are things off the top of my head for now.

The area around Doppelsieg is a freeroam wilderness with some great scenery, in fact Doppelsieg and Saarbrucken are much nicer looking towns too I only wish they were in colour.
bOnEs
it would be cool to see DLC for this game but, since pandemic closed it's doors, i doubt there's even anyone left who worked on it... let alone, enough of them to put in the effort it takes to pump out more content...

i think we are going to have to wait until the saboteur 2 comes out (god i hope they do another one!) before we see DLC...

EDIT: i hope this topic passes the overhyped piece of shit modern warfare 2 in terms of the number of posts and pages... it's getting there...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 13 2010, 03:01 PM) *
EDIT: i hope this topic passes the overhyped piece of shit modern warfare 2 in terms of the number of posts and pages... it's getting there...

Yeah, just Modern Warfare 2. It's amazing visually, but I was getting the shit kicked out of me on 'Regular' - had to switch to 'Recruit' just to get through the Shanty level, bullets coming from everywhere. I dunno, I'll check out the multiplayer. But I've always preferred Halo MP to COD MP.

Anyway, yeah it would be nice to see Saboteur 2. I'd buy it. I like marney's ideas about hunting down Nazis or documentation, just not if they base it on his grandfather.

Gotta be Sean Devlin.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 13 2010, 03:31 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 13 2010, 03:01 PM) *

Yeah, just Modern Warfare 2. It's amazing visually, but I was getting the shit kicked out of me on 'Regular' - had to switch to 'Recruit' just to get through the Shanty level, bullets coming from everywhere. I dunno, I'll check out the multiplayer. But I've always preferred Halo MP to COD MP.

Anyway, yeah it would be nice to see Saboteur 2. I'd buy it. I like marney's ideas about hunting down Nazis or documentation, just not if they base it on his grandfather.

Gotta be Sean Devlin.

we'll have to do something to keep the fallout topic ahead of this one...

how about a DLC about racing? he is a racecar driver after all... maybe it could include tourneys, leaderboards, and the infamous grand prix... perhaps there's competition that sean has to rub out or, the competition that's trying to rub him out... there could be story-base missions but, a lot of racing... i found the races to be quite fun in this game...

EDIT: basically, sean is back in the race circuit and it's up to you make him a champion...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 13 2010, 03:43 PM) *
EDIT: basically, sean is back in the race circuit and it's up to you make him a champion...

Gay!

Just kidding. But only kind of. It wouldn't be the Saboteur 2 if you weren't fucking up the Nazi's with dynamite and TERROR guns. I'd be on board for a racing based storyline, but when you think about it, racing is one of the most important aspects of THIS game. I wouldn't mind them continuing the story. But do I agree there needs to be more racing. I kind of regret cheating on the races I've done so far.

Maybe Saboteur 2 could have some serious Multiplayer. Racing, deathmatches where you have to blow up the other team's structures/kill them/avoid getting killed, and timed trials against other people; ie: you each have to blow up this many targets while not getting killed by the Nazi's. First one to take out all targets wins.
bOnEs
yea, my suggestions were for DLC to the saboteur, not the saboteur 2... and being DLC, it wouldn't be more than 6-10 hours worth of game play... but, i would love to see more races... he is a racecar driver yet, there's only 3 races i think... he could still be working for the resistance undercover, while still keeping his public racing persona alive...
Pieface
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 13 2010, 09:17 PM) *
yea, my suggestions were for DLC to the saboteur, not the saboteur 2... and being DLC, it wouldn't be more than 6-10 hours worth of game play... but, i would love to see more races... he is a racecar driver yet, there's only 3 races i think... he could still be working for the resistance undercover, while still keeping his public racing persona alive...

5 Races in the game isn't there? Or maybe more if there are more story races after where I am.
Marney1
It's tough thinking what you could improve on in this game innit!?

Back to Saarbrucken for a sec' - Has anyone managed to enter the pub (big fuck off bull on top) as you aproach the door it tells you to open the door but he just bangs on it instead. I had this problem at the church in Le Havre but can't think if I did something special to make it work.
I've taken out every target in Saarbrucken and tried wearing a disguise to gain entry but no joy.......anyone??

Oh, changed my mind about my favourite weapon - Viper wins hands down - dunno what I was thinking using anything else.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Pieface @ Jan 13 2010, 05:05 PM) *

5 Races in the game isn't there? Or maybe more if there are more story races after where I am.

there's 5 races?! well that's fucking interesting... i've done two so far, and i know there's one more because of the gold racing perk... but still, 5 isn't enough for a racecar driver... there should be like 10+ races...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 13 2010, 05:16 PM) *
QUOTE (Pieface @ Jan 13 2010, 05:05 PM) *

there's 5 races?! well that's fucking interesting... i've done two so far, and i know there's one more because of the gold racing perk... but still, 5 isn't enough for a racecar driver... there should be like 10+ races...

Don't forget the initial race. And I think there is one in the story's climax.
Marney1
Just pulled up at a check point driving a Bauer V1 Launcher but the guards seemed to think something wasn't right and raised the alarm. Maybe a disguise might help next time?
bOnEs
i am not even sure a disguise works at the checkpoints... they would probably spot you faster than it takes for them to let you through... but, i've never had a problem driving a nazi vehicle through a checkpoint... however, i never tried to take a missle through a checkpoint laugh.gif...
Pieface
They spotted my disguise at a check point when I was in a Wulf tank! So alarm went off and I'm telling you now, they are so bloody slow.
Marney1
I was looking through the TV channels for any resistance movies or documentaries and luckily came across two on the History Channel; Gestapo which talked about the resistance in Paris and The SS which talked about the massacre at Oradour-sur-Glane mentioned earlier in the thread.
After watching them I appreciate the detail in the game even more now.

Freeplay 50% (Mostly been in the outlying countryside - hardly touched Paris yet)

Nazis Killed 2,916

Only just realised you can blow the houses up and the strangest thing just happened; I was at the top of the ruined cathedral thing (NW of Le Havre) taking in the view from the Scenic Spot when a zeppelin began coming in real slow and going through the castle wall - it was pushing me to the edge so I jumped on top of it and went for a short ride while trying to snipe on the Nazis below.
I was going to plant some dynamite then jump into the sea but I fell through the tail fin and splattered onto some rocks.

The glitches and bugs in this game are funny and confusing but thankfully do nothing to ruin the game.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 13 2010, 10:48 PM) *
Only just realised you can blow the houses up and the strangest thing just happened; I was at the top of the ruined cathedral thing (NW of Le Havre) taking in the view from the Scenic Spot when a zeppelin began coming in real slow and going through the castle wall - it was pushing me to the edge so I jumped on top of it and went for a short ride while trying to snipe on the Nazis below.
I was going to plant some dynamite then jump into the sea but I fell through the tail fin and splattered onto some rocks.

This happened to me as well, I was able to ride on it, then fell off the side, dying on the rocks, 5 ft from some water.

Last night I wiped out all of Saarbruken of freeplay targets. I also saved 40 civilians. I found a good spot where they were being consistently harassed/executed and just posted up on the roof across the street with the Viper SMG and waited for a Nazi to start harassing someone. I knocked out 17 or 18 in about 20 minutes, only setting a couple of alarms. I'll probably never bother to save another civilian unless I stumble across an execution squad or something.

I've done all I can for the people of France.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Pieface @ Jan 13 2010, 07:45 PM) *
They spotted my disguise at a check point when I was in a Wulf tank! So alarm went off and I'm telling you now, they are so bloody slow.

Checkpoints in Saboteur are to Toll Booths in GTAIV. I never stop.

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 13 2010, 10:48 PM) *
I was looking through the TV channels for any resistance movies or documentaries and luckily came across two on the History Channel; Gestapo which talked about the resistance in Paris and The SS which talked about the massacre at Oradour-sur-Glane mentioned earlier in the thread.
After watching them I appreciate the detail in the game even more now.

I watched Inglorious Basterds at a friends house last night and couldn't help but notice more eerie similarities. First of all, Wilcox is the name of the British Agent from Le Havre, also the name of the British Agent who blows Operation Keno in IB. Also, the mission where you have to get the locket from the singer as she's giving a performance reminded me of the climax of IB. In Nazi uniform disguise, I planted RDX around the auditorium, then used a Tommy Gun to kill everyone that didn't die in the resulting blast.

Any others come to mind?
bOnEs
missions - 86%
freeplay - 56%

jumped off the eiffel tower last night... the climb was pretty easy actually... i don't know how you guys are doing it but, there's elevators to use... i thought i was reading about people climbing up the side, which looked like suicide to me... anyways, the jump had me confused... i tried to jump to the river twice but, landed incredibly short both times... then, when i got up there the third time i looked carefully and noticed something that looked like a pond so, i jumped for that... missed it by a foot, lol laugh.gif... but, did it again and got it... i was getting butterflies just watching sean continue to ascend... i'd pan the camera up and down and i felt like i was actually in his shoes, lol... i've never felt my scared-ness of heights in a video game before... that was new...

also, fuck me these missions are getting extremely long... i spent over an hour on another one last night... it was the rescue "the girl", destroy vehicles from the back of a truck, race in the grand prix, drive to the belle, and drive to HQ mission... i am at the part where i have to drive to the catacombs... i said fuck it and turned it off after i left the belle... it did an autosave so, i hope it loads the game at that point... it was 3:30 in the morning when i reached that point... it was getting fucking late and the mission just wouldn't fucking end!!

they need to put more end points in these last two missions i did for the resistance... each one has taken over an hour to do... it's nice to see good lengthy missions but, to be wrapped up in it for that long can get a little tiresome... especially when you want it to be done with so you can go to bed tongue.gif...

i'm wearing the racing suit now... i stopped at a checkpoint on my way to the belle and i instantly knew this wasn't going to work... lol, 1 second later the soldiers start shooting at me biggrin.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 14 2010, 10:58 AM) *
missions - 86%
freeplay - 56%

jumped off the eiffel tower last night... the climb was pretty easy actually... i don't know how you guys are doing it but, there's elevators to use... i thought i was reading about people climbing up the side, which looked like suicide to me... anyways, the jump had me confused... i tried to jump to the river twice but, landed incredibly short both times... then, when i got up there the third time i looked carefully and noticed something that looked like a pond so, i jumped for that... missed it by a foot, lol laugh.gif... but, did it again and got it... i was getting butterflies just watching sean continue to ascend... i'd pan the camera up and down and i felt like i was actually in his shoes, lol... i've never felt my scared-ness of heights in a video game before... that was new...

It depends on WHEN in the game you try and access the Eiffel tower. The bottom elevators are working throughout the game, but the 2nd one isn't operational at the beginning of the game. Besides, it wouldn't be a challenge if you just rode the damn elevator.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 14 2010, 10:58 AM) *
also, fuck me these missions are getting extremely long... i spent over an hour on another one last night... it was the rescue "the girl", destroy vehicles from the back of a truck, race in the grand prix, drive to the belle, and drive to HQ mission... i am at the part where i have to drive to the catacombs... i said fuck it and turned it off after i left the belle... it did an autosave so, i hope it loads the game at that point... it was 3:30 in the morning when i reached that point... it was getting fucking late and the mission just wouldn't fucking end!!

they need to put more end points in these last two missions i did for the resistance... each one has taken over an hour to do... it's nice to see good lengthy missions but, to be wrapped up in it for that long can get a little tiresome... especially when you want it to be done with so you can go to bed tongue.gif...

Yeah, I'm not as far along in the missions as you, but even with the Rescue the Aurora mission I could tell the missions were getting longer. I had to stop in the middle of that mission to go get breakfast with the wife. Tried to save, but when I got back, I still had to start the mission over.

I'm hoping to knock out some missions tonight. Wife's at work. Maybe I'll try getting off a little early tonight.
Pieface
Finished the story today, quite dissapointing at the very end. Must have clocked around 35 hours in the game so far! Life of a gap year lmao. Gonna go to Saarbruken and do all the freeplay targets thee next.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Pieface @ Jan 14 2010, 12:28 PM) *
Finished the story today, quite dissapointing at the very end. Must have clocked around 35 hours in the game so far! Life of a gap year lmao. Gonna go to Saarbruken and do all the freeplay targets thee next.

Shit, you must not have much going on in the real world, eh?

Not trying to be mean, just saying you've put some serious time into this game over the past few days.
bOnEs
i've pry clocked over 40 hours on my game and i've got about 15% left with the missions... i play games slower than most...

can you go to saarbruken at any time? i sort of approached the gate but, didn't get close enough to notice if there was a checkpoint...

i got the terror weapons unlocked too... your right marney, the terror shotgun is exactly what i was looking for... now i roll with the viper SMG and the terror shotgun in my inventory...

what's your main mode of transportation fellas? sure, i'll drive the aurora or the altair when i want to... but, the vehicle i grab the most out of my garage is the corrino sport... it handles great a lower speeds but, it can go pretty fast when i need it to... the maneuvering is pretty responsive and fluid for my tastes... everyone's tastes are a little different but, i like the corrino sport the best... it's the perfect city vehicle for me...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 14 2010, 12:58 PM) *
i've pry clocked over 40 hours on my game and i've got about 15% left with the missions... i play games slower than most...

Yeah, this one there is alot of balance between the freeplay and the missions. It's easy to blow through the missions if you don't get distracted by the freeplay targets.

can you go to saarbruken at any time? i sort of approached the gate but, didn't get close enough to notice if there was a checkpoint...

There's no checkpoint, but the whole area is a suspicion zone. There is a small switch to the left of the gate to open it. Getting out is a different story. I'm pretty sure you have to climb the tower. Or save your game and then load it up. You'll be back at the closest headquarters.

what's your main mode of transportation fellas? sure, i'll drive the aurora or the altair when i want to... but, the vehicle i grab the most out of my garage is the corrino sport... it handles great a lower speeds but, it can go pretty fast when i need it to... the maneuvering is pretty responsive and fluid for my tastes... everyone's tastes are a little different but, i like the corrino sport the best... it's the perfect city vehicle for me...

I like the corrino sport to grab off the street when I need a car. The Gestapo Cruiser is one of my favorites from the garage, also the Silver Claw.
Pieface
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 14 2010, 05:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Pieface @ Jan 14 2010, 12:28 PM) *

Shit, you must not have much going on in the real world, eh?

Not trying to be mean, just saying you've put some serious time into this game over the past few days.

Nope, left education in October as I didn't like my Uni and everything! And work's been shut for a while (Go back tommorow). So had bugger all to do.
PabloHoneyOle
Lucky. I'm truly jealous. I'd kill for just two days off, non-weekend.
bOnEs
yea, i'd love to have a day off to crank up the freeplay completion percentage... i bet in one day i could go from 56% to 80%... that doesn't sound like much but if you've played this game, you'd think that was a fucking miracle laugh.gif...
Pieface
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 14 2010, 08:01 PM) *

At the moment I've had 4 weeks off doing fuck all. Working all week this week though.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Pieface @ Jan 14 2010, 05:25 PM) *

At the moment I've had 4 weeks off doing fuck all. Working all week this week though.

Yeah, I couldn't take a month off. I have drug habits and videogame addictions to fund.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 14 2010, 05:31 PM) *

Yeah, I couldn't take a month off. I have drug habits and videogame addictions to fund.

ditto... and a house payment...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 14 2010, 05:38 PM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 14 2010, 05:31 PM) *

ditto... and a house payment...

shit, I knew I forgot something this month.
bOnEs
well, if your ever hurting for money you could always blow up shit for some contraband...
Marney1
Favourite vehicle for me has to be the Sturmwagen, it seems to be able to go anywhere and has no under/over steer - I even set it as my getaway vehicle in case I get caught out in the countryside. If I'm out for a leasurely drive I use the Gutmann because it makes me feel posh and mighty as I drive by the lesser beings that inhabit the gutters around Paris. Skylar's Drake is still my favourite race car though.

Sturmwagen ^ (Kubelwagen)

Latest Weird Shit To Happen To Me: I blew up the huge statue (sitting man with index finger in air) that sits on the round-a-bout just east of the Eiffel Tower only to witness the sun immediately appear from behind it in the east and fly over my head and settle behind me in the west. I wasn't sure there was a point to it doing that so I loaded the game again and blew it up once more but this time nothing happened in the sky.

About an hour into this freeplay I planted yet another few sticks of dynamite on a watchtower which fell like any other except once the twisted pieces had settled I got a message "Dr.Kwong Died" MISSION FAILED - thanks for the news but I wasn't even doing a fuckin' mission. huh.gif

Eventually got my Spock Attack perk after mugging my 5th general. Having no joy getting 10 kills in 10 seconds for the Explosives Gold perk and I'm yet to find 2 more Nazi vehicles to get the Silver perk in Mechanics. (Got all civilian vehicles now - feckin' tractor).
bOnEs
it's a little slow and sluggish for my tastes but, it's pretty decent off-road... if i find myself caught in the countryside with shit running down me pants, i run through the countryside... it's the easiest way to escape trouble...

i did finally get a tank (wulf) back to one of my garages... didn't get a chance to mess around with it against the nazi's but, it took forever to get it there... it's slower than sean's jogging pace laugh.gif... but, i destroyed just about every car i passed and didn't get even get a suspicious zone... i'm sure i need to start something, then get in one but, it was good practice killing the jews...

EDIT: actually, i was wearing a nazi disguise so, maybe shooting a tank didn't rouse suspicion?? they always thought the german's were fucking insane anyways, right? plus, who wants to go to a concentration camp to die for calling blasphemy on ze nazi's... just shut yer fucking mouth and "move along!"
Marney1
"Women on the left, men on the right, gold teeth in the bucket!"
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 15 2010, 02:00 AM) *
If I'm out for a leasurely drive I use the Gutmann because it makes me feel posh and mighty as I drive by the lesser beings that inhabit the gutters around Paris.

I BIG TYME it in the Gutmann as well. The Kaiser is great for slapping my upper crust balls around Paris as well. I fucking HATE the Corrino Junker. It was the first car I collected and is my backup Getaway car in case I wreck the Aurora or Altair... whatever I previously had delivered.

I'm knocking out a lot of freeplay targets, but fuck me there are still a bunch of them. They're becoming more scattered as well which means more driving. Also, I am going to have a bunch of scenic viewpoints to collect - I keep neglecting them, just for the sake of time at this point. I know it is going to bite me in the ass.
bOnEs
i can't for the life of me get the viewpoint south of the old sausage factory... it's on top of an archway with no ripcord to reach it, and i can't jump off any nearby buildings to get to the top... and i can't scale it from the ground... i'm fucking stumped...

here's a picture of what this archway looks similar to... it's not exactly like this but, it's an archway like this...

PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 15 2010, 11:18 AM) *
i can't for the life of me get the viewpoint south of the old sausage factory... it's on top of an archway with no ripcord to reach it, and i can't jump off any nearby buildings to get to the top... and i can't scale it from the ground... i'm fucking stumped...

There are a few that have me stumped as well. Supposedly, there are supposed to be yellow lights to guide you to the roof... I must be missing something.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 15 2010, 11:22 AM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 15 2010, 11:18 AM) *

There are a few that have me stumped as well. Supposedly, there are supposed to be yellow lights to guide you to the roof... I must be missing something.

i'll keep that in mind... some of the viewpoints i've come across have been real brain scratchers... i spent almost an hour on one i do believe... it was the one on top of the train station... it took me forever to figure out that i had to park a car next to the building to use it as a stepping stone to a higher ledge...
Marney1
I've got quite a few scenic spots and a few of them have me stumped too, especially the one on top of the lighthouse in La Havre. There's a door which doesn't open and you can't scale it and I was so determined to get it I waited to see if a zeppelin went past it on it's route - it didn't and I'd still have to get on/in it anyway so I could carry out my suicidal idea.
There's been one or two white squares which I've presumed were scenic spots and tried for ages to get to it only to look down and find a Tap/postcard. rolleyes.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 15 2010, 02:39 PM) *
There's been one or two white squares which I've presumed were scenic spots and tried for ages to get to it only to look down and find a Tap/postcard. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I climbed all over the castle ruins in Le Havre looking for a scenic spot only to find a contraband crate five stories down.

The lighthouse is pretty easy from what I remember.
bOnEs
yea, i had no problem with the lighthouse either, might of been the easiest scenic spot for me... there was also this huge building surrounded on all sides my these massive columns... well, when i tried to get the scenic spot on top of that building, i couldn't even see the ladders and ledges they wanted me to climb because, sometimes shit gets too dark in the nazi-occupied sections... after a while i started jumping up each column until i jumped and hit my head on this scaffolding above me... duh, that's where i was suppose to go... hell, i still couldn't see what i was jumping onto...

that's probably the "only" issue i have with this game after all the hours i've put into it... it gets soooo dark in the nazi-occupied areas that i often die because i didn't see the cliff in front of me, or i get stuck inside somewhere because, i can't find the pitch black hallway i am suppose to traverse through...
Marney1
The lighthouse scenic spot is easy eh? I'll try again later.

@bOnEs - The wife is being selfish by using the TV for watching programmes so I can't check what it's called but you know the settings part where it tells you to set the brightness so you can just about see the pattern? - I thought the game was too dark and grim when I did that so I turned it all the way up and the picture is much better even in the dark, it doesn't make it too bright so I recommend you do that.
bOnEs
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 15 2010, 03:28 PM) *
The lighthouse scenic spot is easy eh? I'll try again later.

@bOnEs - The wife is being selfish by using the TV for watching programmes so I can't check what it's called but you know the settings part where it tells you to set the brightness so you can just about see the pattern? - I thought the game was too dark and grim when I did that so I turned it all the way up and the picture is much better even in the dark, it doesn't make it too bright so I recommend you do that.

i'll look into it... i know what your talking about...

yea, the lighthouse is pretty damn easy, if your talking about the one near le havre...
PabloHoneyOle
Yeah, I adjusted my light settings as well. I was tired of running into shit I didn't even know was there.
Marney1
Full map (Locations of vehicles marked)

I used it to find the remaining Gestapo GS and Kaiser Bulletproof. Hardly a useful perk (Mechanics-Silver) free repairs considering I have over 8,000 contraband atm.
I've been looking everywhere for the Delgado and didn't realise it was at the Saarbrucken race track until I saw this map. When I checked it out I realised why; The Altair (3 of them) are there but they stand out because they're red so the others go unnoticed because they're black and white. Anyway I now have the perk which allows me to start collecting tanks and stuff and my new found Delgado is a brilliant little compact especially in first person view, best way to take in the countryside scenery I reckon.

Only perk left to get is the Explosives one so I don't get knocked down by explosions, finding it hard to kill 10 Nazis in 10 seconds though my best is 8 in one go.

I'm off to see how I can get up that lighthouse in La Havre now.

Update: "I marney1 hereby admit being a total cock for not knowing how to get up the lighthouse sooner and so hand myself over to the Nazis for immediate execution by means of exposure to Xyclon B".
Fuck, how embarrassing is that? blush.gif
bOnEs
^^ lol laugh.gif...

anyways, to not further embarrass marney, i'll move right along...

there's one really cool thing about you not wasting a silver and gold perk on the car collectathon... you've got all the vehicles at your disposal, except for the tanks a APC's you gotta collect yet... but, i've only collected maybe 20 out of the 40 or so you have to collect... you've got pretty much all of them...

my next mission seems to involve saarbruken... but, i thought i was about to do a race until i had about 50 things to do before and after the race... so, who knows... but anyways, i hear there's a few race cars over there...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 16 2010, 06:58 AM) *
^^ lol laugh.gif...

anyways, to not further embarrass marney, i'll move right along...

there's one really cool thing about you not wasting a silver and gold perk on the car collectathon... you've got all the vehicles at your disposal, except for the tanks a APC's you gotta collect yet... but, i've only collected maybe 20 out of the 40 or so you have to collect... you've got pretty much all of them...

my next mission seems to involve saarbruken... but, i thought i was about to do a race until i had about 50 things to do before and after the race... so, who knows... but anyways, i hear there's a few race cars over there...

Well it is a race track happy.gif

I've got every vehicle except the 4 tanks, AR 33 and the Half-Track.
Freeplay 55%
Nazis Sent To Hell 3,257

There's supposed to be a Nazi knife you can get but all I can find out about this is that you got a secret code if you pre-ordered the game. The official Saboteur site reckons you're using a knife when you press triangle (PS3) rather than square when performing a stealth attack but I don't think so. Anyone know if this is just a PC thing or what?
bOnEs
missions - 100%
freeplay - 66%

yup, beat the game yesterday... while the last mission wasn't very hard at all, the one before it fell in line with the few others right before it... hard as hell biggrin.gif... a satisfying ending though...

i only have one gold perk left to get (that damn kill 10 in 10 one)... i've also got another problem, i hope there are still nazi's harassing people in saarbruken because, i've only saved a handful of civilians and the trophy requires that i save at least 40... ohh snap... i might have to start a new game if i can't find anyone...

man, i am going to use a tank and the panzersrak (sp?) to make quick work of numerous freeplay events still out there... while i was going for the destroy 20 nazi vehicles and the destroy a zeppelin and wulf perks, i was destroying numerous freeplay events along the way... and speaking of the "destroy 20 nazi vehicles", i used a tank for this one... the coolest part of the whole situation was, i blew up the 20th vehicle, just as my tank blew up... literally, i fired the last shot and blew up a nazi vehicle just as my tank was exploding... perfect timing...

i tried that kill 10 in 10 seconds perk a few times and still couldn't get it to work... but, the one thing i did learn from the attempts is that, i need to place the RDX much closer together... i lit up an entire block but, only killed maybe half of the soldiers as the explosions weren't close enough to kill everyone... i'm going to try to attempt this again today... i'd like to get the perks out the way so i can focus on the freeplay stuff...

and i am also going to try to get into saarbruken as well... i'd like to see if there are civilians i can save... plus, i want to collect the race cars and finish off the freeplay events there... i have huge chunks of liberated areas in paris area 2 and 3 now... i was working block to block in a few neighborhoods to rid them of freeplay targets... but, i still have a ways to go yet laugh.gif...

EDIT: kissed 50 women too... i grinded out a bunch of them at the eiffel tower... there's a lady to kiss once you ride the first elevator... she's just to the right after you exit the elevator... this might be the easiest one to use because, as soon as you ride the elevator, enemies lose sight of you...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.