Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iGTA Webcomic?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Important Information > Website & Forum Problems & Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Massacre
I really like webcomics, namely Penny Arcade. I don't have anything better to do with my life, so how about myself and a few other artistically inclined members collaborate on one for the site?

We can discuss the details in the event that Psy and the admins OK it and other people actually want to be involved. Mostly, I'm neglecting to post details because I don't really know what to say at the moment, I suck at proposals.

The polls are here so I can determine if this is something I should even bother with.
marney2
Massacre I'd love to help but unless it's pen and paper I can't help.

Are you disabled, like in a wheelchair or something?
Massacre
QUOTE (marney2 @ Dec 12 2009, 07:04 PM) *

Why?

Where the fuck did that come from?!
marney2
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 13 2009, 12:06 AM) *

Why?

Where the fuck did that come from?!

First of all I used to draw stuff all the time and my old school friends told me they kept my drawings just in case I ever became a famous cartoonist. Secondly, I can't use a computer which is obviously evident.

Disabled? Wheelchair? Did I say that?

Voted to work on it but will you pay for stamps?
Massacre
QUOTE (marney2 @ Dec 12 2009, 07:11 PM) *
First of all I used to draw stuff all the time and my old school friends told me they kept my drawings just in case I ever became a famous cartoonist. Secondly, I can't use a computer which is obviously evident.

Oh. Okay.

QUOTE (marney2 @ Dec 12 2009, 07:11 PM) *
Disabled? Wheelchair? Did I say that?

Kind of.

I'm mostly a writer, so the shipping and creation of the illustrations will need to be discussed once we actually have a team to work on the art.
TreeFitty
what would it be about?

ooo! would we get to poke fun at the staff? like make an office type setting where they fuck around all day? or something... as long as it pokes fun at the staff.
Massacre
I'm debating whether it would be entirely comedic or semi-serious, but I guess a GTA-like crime comic would make the most sense.

I briefly considered having cartoon representations of random members making snarky comments about GTA news and other games, but in one of my usual moments of self-loathing I decided that it would just be a GTA-oriented Penny Arcade ripoff, so I scrapped it.
marney2
I'm all for this and will input what I can but how?
Ex-PS Fanboy
No and No.

Comic books are gay in my opinion. Even gayer than Giant gay robots.

Unless I get a Cameo in it! biggrin.gif

Massacre
QUOTE (marney2 @ Dec 12 2009, 07:26 PM) *

Well, I want to set this up so that anyone who wants to help will have something to do, meaning that there will be work for writing, penciling, inking, coloring, lettering, etc. just like a regular comic book, but if enough people want to be involved, we'll have to alternate those jobs from comic to comic so everyone can have some input.

Regardless of how many people are on board for this, everyone will have a vote in how the storyline for the comic progresses and what type of art style we use (cartoony, realistic, whatever). I want this to be site-wide and something that every member can be proud of and have a part in, not just two or three people.

QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 12 2009, 07:33 PM) *
No and No.

That had better be a joke.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 12 2009, 07:21 PM) *
I'm debating whether it would be entirely comedic or semi-serious, but I guess a GTA-like crime comic would make the most sense.

Well, GTA has plenty of humor just not usually storyline-wise.
Massacre
I'm just waiting for Monday to roll around so there'll be more people on and I can get more feedback...

Wonder what Dup and bones have to say about it. Heartless, too. Everyone, really.
Hardcore Ottoman
Just look up the old Kickin' It With My Homiez that Pyro made if I remember correctly. Some deace material, seriously outdated though.
Heartless
I'm almost positive I'm the best artist on the forums (who's consistently active, at any rate). I'll do some art, but if you want fancy shit you'd better be ready with a good photoshopper. Give me some material, I'll do some boards and then after we polish it I can try and pitch it to Pyro. I'd rather not waste any points with him over nothing.
The Awesome One
If we do do one, it will have to be clear on what it is. I actually made the stupid decision of voting before reading, but now ive read the topic I think its a good idea. I would like to help, as long as im not doing anything related to art.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 13 2009, 12:20 AM) *
what would it be about?

ooo! would we get to poke fun at the staff? like make an office type setting where they fuck around all day? or something... as long as it pokes fun at the staff.

It should be something that everyone can relate too, not just people from the forums.
Massacre
QUOTE (Heartless @ Dec 13 2009, 03:14 AM) *
I'm almost positive I'm the best artist on the forums (who's consistently active, at any rate).

I was hoping you'd be in, I like your art style.

QUOTE (Heartless @ Dec 13 2009, 03:14 AM) *
I'll do some art, but if you want fancy shit you'd better be ready with a good photoshopper.

Well, hopefully Dup wants a part in this, too.

QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 13 2009, 03:35 AM) *
If we do do one, it will have to be clear on what it is. I actually made the stupid decision of voting before reading, but now ive read the topic I think its a good idea. I would like to help, as long as im not doing anything related to art.

I imagine you'd be on idea duty like most of the others. I'm thinking a roundtable discussion of characters and plot points, with one or two people taking the official role of writer (me being one of them) and organizing everything into a script.

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Dec 13 2009, 10:23 AM) *
It should be something that everyone can relate too, not just people from the forums.

I don't know how else to word this, but are you good at anything, Q? I know you're on the podcast, but it would probably be me running the comic, so it's not like you'd have anything daunting to do. I just don't know what it is you could do.
Heartless
I'm also a half way decent writer, so I can help there too. But I'm not good at starting ideas. Give me some time, I'll post some basic comics I'm working on for my own personal pleasure so you can feel my style better.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 14 2009, 01:09 AM) *
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Dec 13 2009, 10:23 AM) *

I don't know how else to word this, but are you good at anything, Q? I know you're on the podcast, but it would probably be me running the comic, so it's not like you'd have anything daunting to do. I just don't know what it is you could do.

I can't draw.. and i don't know enough about GTA to make fun it tbh...

we could make a GTA fan fiction though....
Massacre
There's always the role of "idea man." You don't need to be a writer or an artist to be involved.
Qdeathstar
Well, i think that with that new bit of info about the "Next stop" clue for GTA 5 we should make the setting either hawaii or france (or whatever place you all where talking about with the maps of europe)
Massacre
Cool. We'll have to come up with GTA-esque fake names for the city or state, though.

I've been thinking about what I guess you'd call the "title screen" for the comic. I was thinking just having the regular GTA logo, but with an i in front of Grand in the iGTA logo's font, and ".com" overlapping the bottom of the logo, like the VC or SA logos. I'd photoshop a quick example, but I don't know what font the iGTA logo uses.

While I'm thinking about it, who are the three assholes who said they wouldn't even read it?
TreeFitty
I basically nulled (didn't vote) so not me.
marney2
i for ideas?
Massacre
QUOTE (marney2 @ Dec 14 2009, 12:37 AM) *
i for ideas?

Huh?
marney2
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 14 2009, 05:38 AM) *
i for ideas?

Huh?

Just thinking out loud.........................how about the visual side of things being similar to South Park?
Massacre
South Park? No. Heartless' work looks about right for what I'm thinking, it'll be even better after someone gets a hold of it in photoshop.

Check it, nignogs.

Especially these two.

marney2
A quick doodle just to try and help kick-start some ideas.
Click to view attachment
TreeFitty
QUOTE (marney2 @ Dec 14 2009, 12:41 AM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 14 2009, 05:38 AM) *
i for ideas?

Huh?

Just thinking out loud.........................how about the visual side of things being similar to South Park?

Yes. tongue.gif
Massacre
^ I'm surprised by how well that works.
TreeFitty
Yeah I know. It works SO well. I tip my hat to whoever created it.

QUOTE (marney2 @ Dec 14 2009, 12:58 AM) *
Click to view attachment

That's the only face you can draw.
Qdeathstar
hmmm.

Well, I don't know much about france so ... unless we are going to make hair-woman jokes with french fries.... i'd saw hawaii.
marney2
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 14 2009, 06:09 AM) *
Yeah I know. It works SO well. I tip my hat to whoever created it.

QUOTE (marney2 @ Dec 14 2009, 12:58 AM) *
Click to view attachment

That's the only face you can draw.

No but like I said it's just a quick doodle like this one.
Click to view attachment
They're really quick drawings but I'm sure I could take my time on a few.
marney2
Qdeathstar
Click to view attachment

Setting biggrin.gif

Could be better if i spend more time on it... but not a whole not better.
marney2
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Dec 14 2009, 07:20 AM) *
Click to view attachment

Setting biggrin.gif

Was that done with Paint?
Qdeathstar
No, paintshop but its hand drawn... I have a tablet...
marney2
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Dec 14 2009, 07:37 AM) *
No, paintshop but its hand drawn... I have a tablet...

I just had a go with paint but it's annoyingly difficult with a touch pad thing whatever it is on my laptop.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 12 2009, 07:35 PM) *
QUOTE (marney2 @ Dec 12 2009, 07:26 PM) *

Well, I want to set this up so that anyone who wants to help will have something to do, meaning that there will be work for writing, penciling, inking, coloring, lettering, etc. just like a regular comic book, but if enough people want to be involved, we'll have to alternate those jobs from comic to comic so everyone can have some input.

Regardless of how many people are on board for this, everyone will have a vote in how the storyline for the comic progresses and what type of art style we use (cartoony, realistic, whatever). I want this to be site-wide and something that every member can be proud of and have a part in, not just two or three people.

QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 12 2009, 07:33 PM) *
No and No.

That had better be a joke.

Some comic books. Shit like Justice league and all that superhero bullshit. Shit like penny arcade and that I like. As for an iGTA comic, I think it could be a cool idea.

But I want a cameo!
Massacre
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Dec 14 2009, 02:20 AM) *
Click to view attachment

Setting biggrin.gif

That's pretty good. I think the colors for the comic should be a little more washed out, though. Kind of faded.

QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 14 2009, 11:34 AM) *
Some comic books. Shit like Justice league and all that superhero bullshit.

Clearly you haven't heard of Deadpool. And the Punisher is amazing.

QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 14 2009, 11:34 AM) *
As for an iGTA comic, I think it could be a cool idea.

But I want a cameo!

Okay, but you have to be a gay pimp. Or maybe a gay drug baron. Something gay.

Oh, and your apartment in the comic has to have a malfunctioning Roomba and a Domestibot, to reference your robot obsession.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I have. And I think he's gay. Punisher ain't bad though...

Or you could just make me a robot?
Massacre
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 14 2009, 06:57 PM) *
I have. And I think he's gay.

Fuck you.
Marney1
Why don't we just start off with something really basic like this just to get a feel for it?
Massacre
"We must ride like thunder." Quote of the month.
Qdeathstar
more hawaii biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
ENVi3
i read a few webcomics. explosm, xkcd, penny arcade, luke surl, and i recently found "left handed toons" which i am still evaluating, and just random comics i find or that get posted to digg, etc.
so, I'd most definitely read a comic by Massacre wub.gif
Ex-PS Fanboy

Greatest comic ever.
Massacre
QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Dec 15 2009, 01:15 AM) *
i read a few webcomics. explosm, xkcd, penny arcade, luke surl, and i recently found "left handed toons" which i am still evaluating, and just random comics i find or that get posted to digg, etc.
so, I'd most definitely read a comic by Massacre wub.gif

It's about damn time you renewed your love for me. We've been cool since you were Bullettime08, nigga.

In other news, I'm disappointed Dup and Bones haven't wandered in here, yet.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 14 2009, 01:09 AM) *
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 13 2009, 03:35 AM) *

I imagine you'd be on idea duty like most of the others. I'm thinking a roundtable discussion of characters and plot points, with one or two people taking the official role of writer (me being one of them) and organizing everything into a script.

Im happy with that. Thanks.
DANNY B0Y
I'd have to see if it was worth it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.