Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mafia 2
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
PabloHoneyOle
Played the first two chapters last night. It's like playing a movie. Very cinematic, shit ton of cutscenes. My favorite part was the "moolie" references.

I'm not BLOWN AWAY, but I enjoy it. I want to explore the city, but the first two chapters didn't really give me an opportunity. Just a few "tutorial" missions. And the missions were LONG. I wasn't sure if it was saving as I progressed - and if I could turn off the game (like to go to bed) during a mission and not have to restart the whole damn thing. I was passing out on my couch half way through Chapter 2, but had to stick it out just to finish the mission - put Vito to bed, then get MY ass to bed.

Only gripe so far is the camera is up my guy's ass half the time. I'd like to be able to zoom out a little more. That's really it.

I'm looking forward to collecting the Playboys so I can have a vintage whack.

Moolies.

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Sep 23 2010, 07:58 AM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 22 2010, 03:57 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 21 2010, 10:17 AM) *
you sure do buy a lot of games... have you already beat halo reach and your now bored with it?? that didn't take long...

Stocking up for the winter.

Haven't BEAT Reach, but on the final mission. I'll be keeping that for the multiplayer.

I didn't really plan on getting Mafia 2, atleast not this soon, but someone on CheapAssGamer.com was selling their copy cheap, plus I had some extra cash from selling my Halo Reach DLC codes. I got the game and 2 packs of DLC. I might just put them on eBay when I get them and see if I can get some flow for Fable III, Fallout NV and Dead Rising 2. I dunno, I am kind of overwhelmed with games and underwhelmed with time I have to play.

I imagine I could drop some serious time into Mafia 2, it may be enough to keep my busy until price drops on Fable III and DR2; but Fallout NV is a day 1 pick up for me.

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Sep 21 2010, 04:32 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 21 2010, 03:17 PM) *
you sure do buy a lot of games... have you already beat halo reach and your now bored with it?? that didn't take long...

Gamefly....

www.cheapassgamer.com

gamefly is cheaper, for 20 bucks i can usually get 3-4 games.... Like this month i got Mafia 2, Gears of War 3, Rachet and Clank Future, and Alan Wake...

Cheapassgamer.com is free... I can trade for whatever game I want and rotate my games out at my leisure.
Marney1
I played the demo and thought it felt more like an arcade game for some reason. It just looks and plays so predictable and I felt no excited urge to go down the shops and buy a copy.
I bought one of my nephews the game for his 360 and his verdict was - "It's ok but you're better renting it" - so I'll give the demo another try and maybe I'll rent or borrow his 360. Seems once this game is finished then that's that, nothing to do but drive around.
bOnEs
@stoic - the game saves during missions so, it will always load where it last did an autosave... i wondered the same thing when i had to turn the game off on the chapter before the last one when my guy kept dying... i needed a break to cool down and it loaded the game right up where i kept dying... nifty little feature...

@ marney - yea, it's for sure a rental... the mafia story is fun to play through but, there's not much replayability unless you want to look for wanted posters or playboy mags... and you can't just play the game once the story is done... the game is over so, you have to load a previous chapter to mess around in...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 23 2010, 10:05 AM) *
@stoic - the game saves during missions so, it will always load where it last did an autosave... i wondered the same thing when i had to turn the game off on the chapter before the last one when my guy kept dying... i needed a break to cool down and it loaded the game right up where i kept dying... nifty little feature...

@ marney - yea, it's for sure a rental... the mafia story is fun to play through but, there's not much replayability unless you want to look for wanted posters or playboy mags... and you can't just play the game once the story is done... the game is over so, you have to load a previous chapter to mess around in...

What are the best chapters for exploring/fucking around in? I plan on getting all the wanted posters and Playboys.
bOnEs
duzpor can fill you in on the posters and mags but, i do believe the mags have to collected in each chapter... some locations aren't open in later chapters... it's confusing i know but, once you beat the game once, your allowed to load of previous chapters so you can collect the playboys... the wanted posters however, i don't know about those, i never even found a single one exploring...

there's a few good chapters for exploring... in the middle you'll run into ones that aren't rushing you into the objectives so, just play it by ear and take an opportunity to explore when you feel the time is right...
PabloHoneyOle
Cool. I think the city or the environment is the best feature of the game. Everything going on around is pretty neat.
bOnEs
i really fell in love with the city too... it felt alive and lived-in... the scripted events that take place all around you is pretty cool too...
Massacre
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Sep 23 2010, 07:58 AM) *
gamefly is cheaper, for 20 bucks i can usually get 3-4 games.... Like this month i got Mafia 2, Gears of War 3, Rachet and Clank Future, and Alan Wake...

Gamefly has time-travelling capabilities. ohmy.gif
Qdeathstar
God of War... whatever.
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 7 2010, 06:18 PM) *
Mafia 2 banned in United Arab Emirates

According to a report from ME Gamers, the United Arab Emirates National Media Council has officially banned the sale of Mafia 2 within its borders. No statement has been issued by the NMC regarding the ban.

Mafia 2 joins a laundry list of other titles deemed inappropriate by the UAE's media governance body, including this year's Heavy Rain and Darksiders. That said, reports in the past have pointed out the relative ease with which UAE residents can still pick up various "banned" games.

Mafia 2 has been criticized by UNICO National, an Italian American organization, as a "pile of racist nonsense." The game was also criticized by Joystiq for forcing us to spend "way too much time in shallow block-counter-repeat fistfights or behind the wheel of a clunky automobile."

Lol, i wonder why it was banned.

Playboy mags I'd imagine.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Stevie Wonder @ Sep 23 2010, 04:25 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 7 2010, 06:18 PM) *
Mafia 2 banned in United Arab Emirates

According to a report from ME Gamers, the United Arab Emirates National Media Council has officially banned the sale of Mafia 2 within its borders. No statement has been issued by the NMC regarding the ban.

Mafia 2 joins a laundry list of other titles deemed inappropriate by the UAE's media governance body, including this year's Heavy Rain and Darksiders. That said, reports in the past have pointed out the relative ease with which UAE residents can still pick up various "banned" games.

Mafia 2 has been criticized by UNICO National, an Italian American organization, as a "pile of racist nonsense." The game was also criticized by Joystiq for forcing us to spend "way too much time in shallow block-counter-repeat fistfights or behind the wheel of a clunky automobile."

Lol, i wonder why it was banned.

Playboy mags I'd imagine.

Yeah, lots of tits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.