Full Version: CHRISTMAS
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Marney1
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 23 2009, 09:41 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 23 2009, 09:20 PM) *
QUOTE (Bain @ Dec 23 2009, 02:48 PM) *
QUOTE (koneko @ Dec 21 2009, 08:39 PM) *
I think a lot of us are planning on being alone on Christmas.

That actually makes me really sad. I love being with my family on Christmas. I would invite you all over had I the money, but...........you know........

Same. Christmas is about the only time I can really stand my family, though.

Speaking of family, my Wifes family is coming over to stay now. Oh dear. Im going to lose my rag at christmas, thats for sure. I knew I should of flew to Spain with my side of the family.
No hookers now, I had just ordered a high class one today as well.

No you didn't! ^
Massacre
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 23 2009, 04:41 PM) *

Bring her anyway, she'll liven up the festivities.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 23 2009, 10:23 PM) *
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 23 2009, 04:41 PM) *

Bring her anyway, she'll liven up the festivities.

Might get my wifes leeches out of the house as well. They will run out of the house, towards the stables. Then somebody will let out the elephants..
Zacko
Happy Christmas people...well, Christmas Eve.

Not really sure what I'm getting, probably DVD's/Books/Money but nothing too big as I can just buy it myself. I'm more into it for the food and the drinking tongue.gif

Also I watched The Muppets Christmas Carol earlier, it's still awesome. That is all.
Kamahl
i want a new car cause the one i got is too old...

But im probably getting just a logitech g25 or g27... depends on what i can find and how much it is

The Awesome One
The In-Laws are here now. Grr.. I want to go back to London, but I cant leave them with the house.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I got my buddy Assassin's Creed Bloodlines and he got me Assassin's Creed 2. Fucking coincidence, eh?
Marney1
Merry Christmas to all the homeless people. biggrin.gif
DuffMan
Merry xmas etc etc. Got a few nice things, but I'm a bit confused. This isn't a chavvy area, but I've seen loads walking around on their own, playing with rubbish on the street.
Hardcore Ottoman
... they only come out at Christmas!

Mine was an emotional letdown. Cya guys later.
DuffMan
For my radiography course.

DANNY B0Y
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Dec 25 2009, 03:21 PM) *

Call me stupid, but what does a fucking skeleton come into the mindframe?
DuffMan
Er, I'll just call you stupid then, because that question makes absolutely no fucking sense.
Marney1

That's a a nice thoughtful gift, did you know you were getting it?
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (punxtr @ Dec 25 2009, 06:22 AM) *

I usually don't agree with punxtr's emo posts, but I'm with ya there buddy. Christmas isn't the same as when I was little.
DuffMan
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 25 2009, 06:44 PM) *

[img]http://zeduffman.com/uploads/dc77a92d66e6be8807b249293428b559.jpg[/img*]

That's a a nice thoughtful gift, did you know you were getting it?

Nope smile.gif I was looking for one myself earlier in the year but never got round to buying it, and just plain forgot about it. It's amazingly accurate.
DiO
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Dec 25 2009, 01:48 PM) *

I usually don't agree with punxtr's emo posts, but I'm with ya there buddy. Christmas isn't the same as when I was little.

Don't even pretend you do or ever have celebrated xmas. GTFO Jew!
DuPz0r
Merry Christmas All.
Heartless
http://www.mymiserablechristmas.com/
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (Destruction-Overdriv @ Dec 25 2009, 10:53 AM) *
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Dec 25 2009, 01:48 PM) *

Don't even pretend you do or ever have celebrated xmas. GTFO Jew!

*keeps pretending*
The Awesome One
I hate in-laws..
trathen93
i love it at christmas still. seems to be the fact that im the youngest out of my family.( except for the 2 cousins but their twins and their mums a tight arse)
got an ipod touch(mentioned it before at some point, made reference to my mums inability to hide things) spent several hours not bothering with it and now im putting some tunes on it. highlight has to be the rc helicopter my auntie got me (proper big boys toy, no children allowed near it). cheap gift but so much fucking fun. used three sets of batteries on it. how old am I again, lol
Marney1
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Dec 26 2009, 01:12 AM) *
i love it at christmas still. seems to be the fact that im the youngest out of my family.( except for the 2 cousins but their twins and their mums a tight arse)
got an ipod touch(mentioned it before at some point, made reference to my mums inability to hide things) spent several hours not bothering with it and now im putting some tunes on it. highlight has to be the rc helicopter my auntie got me (proper big boys toy, no children allowed near it). cheap gift but so much fucking fun. used three sets of batteries on it. how old am I again, lol

I remember one of my niece's getting one of those helicopters last Christmas and everyone decided I'd be the best person to show her how to use it. Two battery charges later and I was still bouncing it off the ceiling - those demonstrators in the stores make it look so easy.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Skinny jeans. Checked shirts.

Aw hot damn, looks just about anatomy teaching lab standard.

Do all the vertebrae articulate right (I'm thinkin' axis mainly here), does it have the right neurocranial fissures and forumens? Phalanges and carpals look a bit melded, and I guess you can't really get a hyoid bone on something like that...

How much was it? Sorry for the Spanish inquisition, I just really ought to get one for finals/to have one in general.
DuffMan
The vertebrae don't move unfortunately, but they do accurately show the normal lordoses and kyphosis of the spine, as well as the relative positions of the spinous processes (C7 sticks out like a sore thumb and the T processes overlap) and the lntervertebral discs (including an example of a herniated disc inbetween L4 and L5 - which I've just noticed you can see in the photo). The neurocranium is accurately represented and the top does lift like on full-sized models so you can see the structure inside the skull as well. The carpal and tarsal bones are all melded yes, because on this scale they are too small for the joint spaces to be defined correctly. The carpals seem to be a bit off imo, but the shape of the tarsals seems to be right. The phalanges are melded as well but the shape of the cortices are correct.

It's a brilliant piece of kit if you want to learn the actual shape of the bones in 3D (I can't get a full 3D image looking at two perpendicular 2D views, and oblique views just make things more confusing if you don't know wtf you're looking at) and see where all the tuberosities and other sites for attachment are, but you can't see how the smaller bones articulate and some of the relative sizes are a bit off. Apparently if you stand up straight and lift your (extended) leg just so the calcaneum is at the level of the iliac crests, you can touch your foot with an extended arm. If you need real accuracy, you'll need a full size model, but for me it's great, because when you look at a radiograph of an oblique hip or something for the first time, it makes absolutely no fucking sense. Now, I can see exactly what's what.

No idea on price, but I'm guessing 35-40, which isn't bad in itself, but when I think I'll probably keep it for the next 40 years, is probably the bargain of the century.
Marney1
You mean 350-400? There's no way that was anything less than a few hundred.

(Assuming it's lifesize - 5' 3" plus?)
DuffMan
Nah tongue.gif It's just over 30 inches I think. I'm glad my choice of angles was so deceiving, haha.
Marney1
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Dec 26 2009, 05:51 PM) *
Nah tongue.gif It's just over 30 inches I think. I'm glad my choice of angles was so deceiving, haha.

Yeah it was really hard to gauge from that angle and I tried to determine the length by using the pattern on the wallpaper and decided it must be sitting on a unit or something. Still decided it was around 5ft tall even though I knew it wasn't. How dare you play games with my eyes!!
Massacre
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Dec 25 2009, 11:06 PM) *
Skinny jeans. Checked shirts.

*Shudders*
Duff: I do have a full human skeleton of my own in the lab, you don't need to tell me these things tongue.gif

Just wondering about the price of a model for myself, would greatly help if I could get one.

What do you mean by oblique by the way? It's a voluntary and cardiac muscle descriptor, to me...Sag/Cor/Tran/Prosection?

Massacre: I'd have sex with me. I miss it when this forum was full of trendy kids. Oh my Raven.
DuffMan
I wasn't trying to lecture you, was only saying what it shows and doesn't show tongue.gif

Oblique views are ones that aren't parallel or perpendicular to at least two of the planes (i.e. they're angled...).
Never heard of that before in my life, I'd just call it an angled prosection.

Anyway, Christmas!
Massacre
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Dec 26 2009, 08:15 PM) *
Massacre: I'd have sex with me. I miss it when this forum was full of trendy kids. Oh my Raven.

In my experience, "trendy" usually means "gay." I'll stick with clothing that allows me to retain some semblance of my dignity.
Marney1
I just got a Gamestation gift card with 20 on it off my sister-in-law. 8)
The Awesome One
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 27 2009, 06:45 PM) *

I dont like gamestation. Why? Because the games are mstly already damaged. And thats when the discs are first hand.
Marney1
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 27 2009, 10:08 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 27 2009, 06:45 PM) *

I dont like gamestation. Why? Because the games are mstly already damaged. And thats when the discs are first hand.

I'll remember to check my goods before I leave the store then.
Kamahl
im gettin a late christmas present tomorrow, a logitech g25 biggrin.gif

took me too long to get it, i know the g27 is out but i dont really care, its impossible to find it here and the difference is pretty much nothing.
The Awesome One
I hate these in-laws so much. They are complaining about everything.c They can the house is too big for them, that the horses are way too thin, etc. And I can hardly get onto the PC or my 360. Cant wait for friday, I can finally go home and chill.
TreeFitty
^stop bitching.
bOnEs
i got a deep fryer and a home theater system... no games this year but, i can use the money i got to buy a couple... i've already bought the saboteur but, i think i will buy uncharted 2 as well... and the sound system is top notch, a hundred times better than the piece of shit i used to call my home theater system...
PabloHoneyOle
I got a shit ton of dress clothes - Dockers and Oxford dress shirts. Goddamn office job.

On the fun side, I got SAW and Trivial Pursuit for the 360 and a bunch of cash (which will probably go to games or drugs). I also got The Hangover, Funny People and Role Models on DVD. The only things I DIDN'T get that were on my list are MW2 and Inglorious Basterds.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 28 2009, 12:52 PM) *
The only things I DIDN'T get that were on my list are MW2 and Inglorious Basterds.

ahh but, you get to run around in WWII paris anyways in the saboteur... i feel like a basterd in that game biggrin.gif...
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 27 2009, 04:42 AM) *
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Dec 26 2009, 08:15 PM) *

In my experience, "trendy" usually means "gay." I'll stick with clothing that allows me to retain some semblance of my dignity.
"Gays have no dignity"
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 28 2009, 06:04 PM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 28 2009, 12:52 PM) *
The only things I DIDN'T get that were on my list are MW2 and Inglorious Basterds.

ahh but, you get to run around in WWII paris anyways in the saboteur... i feel like a basterd in that game biggrin.gif...

I picked up Inglorious Basterds yesterday and finally got to watch it last night. I couldn't help but think of Sean Devlin and his exploits while watching it.
It definitely gave me more motivation to play the Saboteur. Only wish there was an option to scalp like there was in GUN. THAT would make the game.

Also, MW2 is on sale at Target this week for $40. I happened to get a $50 gift card for Target for Christmas, so that's what I am doing with my lunch break.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.