Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Next Generation Gaming
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
Marney1
This video has me thinking of new possibilities for future GTA gaming, I mean imagine looking through a first person view and being able to peep round corners while stalking someone in multiplayer mode.

TreeFitty
Things always look better from a camera. Actually watching it in real life probably doesn't give as good of an effect. I see some possibilites for gaming but nothing really great.
kingturtle2005
That's pretty cool, but I play GTAIV to relax myself, not tire myself even more =/
The Awesome One
We need to keep the good old controller. No motion. If we lose that I would probably quit gaming.
TreeFitty
I don't think controllers are going anywhere for a while. The may change shape but they'll always be there.
Massacre
I'd be thrilled if they'd get in gear with VR, but by the time that shit's around I'll either be dead (hopefully) or too old to play.
Marney1
I'd still want the controller too but it would be good to be able to use your head to just peep round the corner.
kingturtle2005
Well if there's an option whether to use the headset or not, then that wouldn't be so bad... the cost would probably kill but as long as it's an upgrade in technology there's nothing wrong with that.
TreeFitty
And over time the price goes down as the economy inflates so eventually it becomes affordable as some other more expensive and new thing is introduced. The human race progresses.
Hardcore Ottoman
Looks like it took awhile just to do that. Imagine coding for other games. That could increase cost and time and possibly ruin the length and quality of a modern hit.
kingturtle2005
I could imagine using that for puzzle kind of games, like portal or something. But I don't know if I would like to use that in a shooter game, quick movements can make the whole wiimote smash into the TV thing come back lol.
The Awesome One
I hope that the next console released has online installed in it. Trying to set up online for my little bro was really annoying. We must of used 2 or 3 cables.
Marney1
Not sure what year this is from but they sort of had it right.

Pieface
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 15 2009, 07:02 AM) *

Funny though how it all WILL happen, yet quite a few of them haven't. Football one is correct though, multiplayer games is. Wouldn't say we have ultra realistic screens with pictures like a TV Programme, or cubicles to play games ultimately really.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Pieface @ Dec 15 2009, 08:28 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 15 2009, 07:02 AM) *

Funny though how it all WILL happen, yet quite a few of them haven't. Football one is correct though, multiplayer games is. Wouldn't say we have ultra realistic screens with pictures like a TV Programme, or cubicles to play games ultimately really.

Most of that seems pretty accurate. The battle scene reminded me of AoE III.

And lol at the afro kid.
Marney1
The afro kid released a peanut if he pressed the correct sequence of buttons..........I presume.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Pieface @ Dec 15 2009, 03:28 PM) *

Compared to where games were and where they currently are, it's pretty fucking realistic imagery for some of these games. Eventually the "cube" idea will move out of expensive simulators and make it into the general gaming world. But that's down the line.
Pieface
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 15 2009, 09:45 PM) *

Compared to where games were and where they currently are, it's pretty fucking realistic imagery for some of these games. Eventually the "cube" idea will move out of expensive simulators and make it into the general gaming world. But that's down the line.

But that's saying in 2000. Where we had the dreamcast and PS2 I believe? But you're saying Handheld games hold the power to give images like a TV.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Pieface @ Dec 15 2009, 10:18 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 15 2009, 09:45 PM) *

But that's saying in 2000. Where we had the dreamcast and PS2 I believe? But you're saying Handheld games hold the power to give images like a TV.

It suggests various different time periods throughout the article, such as the first line "within ten years." It only mentioned that "by the year 2000 you will be able to challenge someone hundreds of miles away to a game." Which is truth, the rest of the article just refers to "in the future."

tongue.gif

[/pedantic]
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (colemancol @ Dec 17 2009, 11:17 AM) *
Hi I am agree with TreeFitty.
In reality, all things not looks good.

You sound like a bad fortune cookie.

The grass isn't greener on the other side. Look at the Wii; Nintendo is recycling the same shitty games and selling them for $60.
Hardcore Ottoman
I've only bought one recycled shitty game because I love Mario. Amazing how Japanese losers managed to get me to love a game containing Italian-American stereotypes. Amazing.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (punxtr @ Dec 17 2009, 05:32 PM) *
I've only bought one recycled shitty game because I love Mario. Amazing how Japanese losers managed to get me to love a game containing Italian-American stereotypes. Amazing.

Ive never got a chance to play the classic mario games. Hopefully they come out on the WII, or DS.
Hardcore Ottoman
You can buy the classic NES and SNES Mario games on the Wii with their terrible points system. I haven't done it yet.
Inkace
I'm 30 years old and I've seen "Next Gen" gaming come in a few forms already.
Arcade games, Commodore 64, Atari, NES, Super NES, SEGA Mega Drive, SEGA Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, the introduction and evolution of 3D Graphics cards for PC and the introduction of Multiplayer.

Gaming will always continue to evolve.
Skinny 
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 20 2009, 08:34 AM) *
I'd be thrilled if they'd get in gear with VR, but by the time that shit's around I'll either be dead (hopefully) or too old to play.

This may seem out of place on this forum: but would you like a hug?
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (punxtr @ Dec 18 2009, 04:30 PM) *
You can buy the classic NES and SNES Mario games on the Wii with their terrible points system. I haven't done it yet.

I got the classic Mario on my Wii. I know you can get them all for Gameboy as well.
Massacre
QUOTE (Skinny @ Dec 22 2009, 02:01 PM) *

Why, yes I would.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 22 2009, 02:04 PM) *
QUOTE (Skinny @ Dec 22 2009, 02:01 PM) *

Why, yes I would.

Something isn't right here...
Massacre
I beg your pardon, sir?
Skinny 
*hugs

Don't die sad.gif
Massacre
ohmy.gif Skinny loves me.

*Doesn't die*
Skinny 
Yay!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.