Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost and damned is coming to the PC version!!!!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA IV Series > GTA IV
HEAT84
The screenshot was taken by somebody who installed patch 1.0.0.5.

Oh wait I forgot. Nobody around here cares about the PC version anymore. We've all been chased over to GTAForums.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (HEAT84 @ Nov 10 2009, 07:29 PM) *
Oh wait I forgot. Nobody around here cares about the PC version anymore. We've all been chased over to GTAForums.

ouchies.

if it turns out to be true, i'm sure the PC people on here will come around.
HEAT84
I don't think so. The GTAIV PC section of the old forum was a ghost town the whole time(which is probably why there's no GTAIV PC section in the new forum). I don't understand what happened. The PC section here for SA was very busy during that game's heyday. Does anybody have a theory about what happened to all the PC users in between SA and IV. The PC section GTAForums is still busy even now when most people have beaten the game. I don't play online. Maybe that's where everybody discusses their forum preference and its common knowledge there that PC people go to GTAForums and consolers come here? huh.gif

Speaking of the old forum, why didn't the admins do the courteous thing and send out a mass E-Mail to all the members letting us know about the forum change? I only found out because something set the memory off in my head to come here. I forgot about this place.
TreeFitty
could be. never indulged into other places aside from here.

all I know is that the whole place was dead before the site change. I think once more info on the next GTA is announced people will start to show up. i'm sure some PC people will turn up to keep you company. tongue.gif
OptimumPx
QUOTE (HEAT84 @ Nov 10 2009, 07:43 PM) *
Speaking of the old forum, why didn't the admins do the courteous thing and send out a mass E-Mail to all the members letting us know about the forum change? I only found out because something set the memory off in my head to come here. I forgot about this place.

I got an e-mail about this site automatically...are you sure the e-mail address used with your account is correct?
TreeFitty
didn't even see his edit. i remember getting an email a few days after the change. so there was one sent out.

nevermind it was change way later...
HEAT84
QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Nov 10 2009, 10:18 PM) *
QUOTE (HEAT84 @ Nov 10 2009, 07:43 PM) *

I got an e-mail about this site automatically...are you sure the e-mail address used with your account is correct?

Yes. I've been getting E-Mail reply notifications.

And sorry about the late edit.

Has anyone in the history of forums hijacked their own thread before? laugh.gif
TreeFitty
it happens. (the staff has hijacked other people's threads before...)

anyway, odd you didn't get it. I think it might have came out as "from" Psy. maybe the source it got sent from was labelled as spam by your email.
OptimumPx
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 11 2009, 01:35 AM) *
it happens. (the staff has hijacked other people's threads before...)

anyway, odd you didn't get it. I think it might have came out as "from" Psy. maybe the source it got sent from was labelled as spam by your email.

Ya, it's listed as being from "Psy@iGrandTheftAuto.com"
ViceMan
I would give a shit about this, but I never managed to successfully install GTA IV on my PC in the first place, the case and disc now sit atop my shelf, as an blatant reminder of how R* fucked up after SA with the pathetic 'you have to sign up to R* Social Club and games for Windows' policy. What happened to the days of just installing a game and playing it.
HEAT84
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 11 2009, 05:10 AM) *
I would give a shit about this, but I never managed to successfully install GTA IV on my PC in the first place, the case and disc now sit atop my shelf, as an blatant reminder of how R* fucked up after SA with the pathetic 'you have to sign up to R* Social Club and games for Windows' policy. What happened to the days of just installing a game and playing it.

Ever hear of Xliveless? But I'm guessing you want to play online without having to install that stuff.
ViceMan
QUOTE (HEAT84 @ Nov 11 2009, 04:20 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 11 2009, 05:10 AM) *

Ever hear of Xliveless? But I'm guessing you want to play online without having to install that stuff.

Nah I don't really wanna play online, i'm more of a 'mod my game 'till it fucks up' kind of person.
HEAT84
Well then why don't you use Xliveless?

Edit: The achievement system says I swore in my last post. But I didn't. huh.gif It looks like what happened was I quoted a posted in which somebody swore, and that confused it.
ViceMan
QUOTE (HEAT84 @ Nov 11 2009, 04:35 PM) *
Well then why don't you use Xliveless?

Edit: The achievement system says I swore in my last post. But I didn't. huh.gif It looks like what happened was I quoted a posted in which somebody swore, and that confused it.

Cause i'm not going to go to the trouble of attempting to reinstall it, especially with third-party mods. I'd rather actually play SA, but I can't even do that because of some error when CJ answers his phone.

Oh and don't quote this; "Psy."
The Awesome One
Sorry mate, its not. I would think it would hit PS3 first anyway.
Massacre
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Nov 11 2009, 02:33 PM) *

Yeah the deal with Microsoft totally makes a PS3 version more likely than a Windows version. rolleyes.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 11 2009, 07:42 PM) *

Yeah the deal with Microsoft totally makes a PS3 version more likely than a Windows version. rolleyes.gif

Exactly. *doesn't care either way*
Massacre
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 11 2009, 02:46 PM) *
*doesn't care either way*

This.
TreeFitty
hmmm.... which would be more likely to happen first?... computer run by microsoft... or a competing console... hmmmm..... *weighs options*
The Awesome One

And you totally ignore the fact R* were probably in charge of the deal anyway, if they got 50 million out of them anything could of been agreed. Besides, PC gaming and 360 are different departments.
TreeFitty
they are both microsoft. rolleyes.gif either way PS3 is out of the question by now.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 11 2009, 09:51 PM) *
they are both microsoft. rolleyes.gif

No shit.I said a different DEPARTMENT, not a different fucking company. rolleyes.gif
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Nov 11 2009, 04:57 PM) *
they are both microsoft. rolleyes.gif

No shit.I said a different DEPARTMENT, not a different fucking company. :retard:

doesn't make a difference. rolleyes.gif

they could easily make a PC version of the DLC.
ViceMan
they are both microsoft. rolleyes.gif either way PS3 is out of the question by now.

Why is it? The exclusivity contract can only last so long, so i'd say there's more chance (although still a very slim one) of it being announced for PS3 now or in the future. Probably after M$ have got their money's worth out of the DLCs.
Massacre
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Nov 11 2009, 04:21 PM) *

And you totally ignore the fact R* were probably in charge of the deal anyway, if they got 50 million out of them anything could of been agreed.

So that means you're right and I'm wrong? No. Neither of us could possibly know what the contract said, we're both just formulating our own opinions, the difference being that mine makes sense and yours just seems to have been pulled out of your ass.
The Awesome One
It could go to PC, it could go to PS3. I dont see every single xbox game on PC. The consoles probably compete for games anyway. Someone will be in charge of xbox, someone in charge of PC, both wanting the better games. The 2 probably hate each others guts.
TreeFitty
True not every Xbox game is on PC. GTA is. And there also PC only games too.

You really can't compare the Xbox and PC's as "competing consoles" in the sense of them trying to out do each other. Both are their own type of "console".
The Awesome One
Still nothing from R*. I reckon we would of heard from them by now. They are just winding us up.
TreeFitty
i wasn't expecting a comment from them. they barely comment on "leaked" things anyway.
The Awesome One
Maybe when they release a patch for the patch (its glitched apparently) they will say that L&D wont be going to PC.
TreeFitty
i still have not seen/heard anyone else confirming this. as far as we know it's just an altered screenshot.
The Awesome One
GTA4 PC patch 5
TreeFitty
^That's better. up until yesterday it was all the same screen shot passing around with "maybe" "possibly" and such words.
HEAT84
It sounds like some of you don't want DLC to come to the PC. Like your such console fanboys that you want DLC all to yourselves. Maybe I'm wrong.
TreeFitty
i think CbC is the only one with an issue. i don't care (more power to PC guys imo), vicey doesn't care, and everyone else was just arguing with CbC.

is it weird i read your posts in the voice of dale?
Massacre
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 12 2009, 11:34 PM) *
i think CbC is the only one with an issue. i don't care (more power to PC guys imo), vicey doesn't care, and everyone else was just arguing with CbC.

Those two.
ViceMan
Yeah I gave up with the PC version long ago.
TreeFitty
and I gave up on a PS3 version. sad.gif
Massacre
*Plays TLAD*
ViceMan
So collectively we've given up hope on everything.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 13 2009, 02:10 PM) *
So collectively we've given up hope on everything.

Pretty much...
HEAT84
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 12 2009, 11:34 PM) *
is it weird i read your posts in the voice of dale?
I've heard of doing that while reading a book but never while reading a forum post. laugh.gif Wait, do you mean out loud? laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif
TreeFitty
no, no not out loud that would be silly (and actually weird) tongue.gif but reading them in my head I have it in his voice. biggrin.gif
The Awesome One
I dont have a issue with it,I think its a great idea. Ditch the exclusives..

I got in eariler and installed the patch. Genius. Rockstar have added a news item on their site about the patch.

Linky

Still nothing from R* on the TLAD achievements though. Which is why I think its a windup.
anomalous_result
I gave up hope on the forums too. I think everyone on here gave up on the PC version when Rockstar did, it was so obviously heading that way with SA, IV just sealed the deal.

There was the traditional delay to release a finished game just to make sure people who own console and pc bought the console version then pc release just when nobody cares anymore to mixed reviews most citing the bug-ridden (failing to install) broken engined (rain/fog slowdown, terrible draw distances, complete system hog for no visual benefit) visually uninspiring featureless abortion that is now being patched with additional content.

I've had it and if you can't beat 'em join 'em, xbox ordered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.