Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Error Reading Grand Theft Auto 3 DVD"
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto III
Jimothey
This is really weird and quite frustrating if your in a mission.
It happened quite recently after I bought it out of retirement. While driving a relitivly fast car the road textures would disappear and eventually the game would freeze with the above message appearing at the botom of the screen. Sometimes it would come back up, but sometimes it would just freeze altogether.
the game disc has slight scratches on it, but nothing too major.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I did buy the game when it first came out, so it has been played an awful lot!
HB~Sauce
Maybe purchase a disc cleaner and spin it around in your PS2. It also re-aligns the optical lens of the PS2, which might be your problem.
Jimothey
Cheers I'll have a look into that one.
Sharpie Fetish
I had this problem and mine was in good condition bu8t mine was Original vice city not VCS although at times it would say error reading gta vice city disc and if i was going over the bridge it would look solid but i would go straight thru the bridge ending in the water thus dying
Jimothey
yeah the opposite happened to me, the bridge doesn't look there, but I would quite happily drive, well try to drive over it. I've not experienced it with Vice City.
Sharpie Fetish
Mine was on washington beach near rosie's id just be drivi ng then drowning fun to see peds land in water not fun for my 30 quid gta vc
RhymeCraft
lol nigga get a new game, why you playin that old ass shit man that's why it's fuckin up, you had it too dam long and you prolly didn't take good care of it.
Jimothey
hey, I take good care of my CDs and DVDs, I have OCD, so I can't not take very good care of my things. The reason it does it is because I've played it so much.
and as for getting a new game, I may do that, but I'm concentrating on SA and VCS at the moment
Sharpie Fetish
I dont know what messed up my vc game but i think i know it was my bro as it was kept in perfect condition until annoying prat of a little brother comes allong with his idiot mates then it messed up
Gold_Gamer07
QUOTE(Jimothey @ Mar 12 2007, 02:56 PM) [snapback]1309598[/snapback]
This is really weird and quite frustrating if your in a mission.
It happened quite recently after I bought it out of retirement. While driving a relitivly fast car the road textures would disappear and eventually the game would freeze with the above message appearing at the botom of the screen. Sometimes it would come back up, but sometimes it would just freeze altogether.
the game disc has slight scratches on it, but nothing too major.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I did buy the game when it first came out, so it has been played an awful lot!

I'm having exactly the same problem, I think we should just go and buy another one.
www.amazon.co.uk are pretty good, so are www.play.co.uk
Jimothey
QUOTE(Gold_Gamer07 @ Apr 15 2007, 03:47 PM) [snapback]1323011[/snapback]
so are www.play.co.uk

Yeah.. I should have shares in Play.com coz I live on that site. If they did food and drink. I'd never leave the house!
Gold_Gamer07
QUOTE(Jimothey @ Apr 15 2007, 09:44 PM) [snapback]1323137[/snapback]
QUOTE(Gold_Gamer07 @ Apr 15 2007, 03:47 PM) [snapback]1323011[/snapback]
so are www.play.co.uk

Yeah.. I should have shares in Play.com coz I live on that site. If they did food and drink. I'd never leave the house!

Haha! Yeah Play are pretty good, I got Kingdom Hearts II the day it was released, and Test Drive Unlimited a couple of days before it was released [Don't ask how!!]. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.