Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The next stop poster SOLVED
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA V > GTA 5
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
PabloHoneyOle
Found this on another site referencing the OP.
Liberty City, It's Over.
They have us looking at balls, those hills are balls, while the answer is in the sky.
This is incredibly profound.
The part of it they showed us in the "Liberty City, It's Over" picture looks like San Andreas. Even the color of the grass in the damn thing.
But in the part completely hidden, Vesuvius Citrate, the product being advertised.

Vesuvius -> Visceral -> Vicious -> Vice - Language in motion through time.

CITrate. Citrate in Florida's Natural Orange Juice. Florida Oranges. The answer is in the skies, oranges..

Vice City.

Kind of a reach, but shit. Could be spot on.
Massacre
Think about it. GTA III came out, and nine months later, Vice City. Then, two years later, San Andreas, followed by GTA IV three and a half years later. Thus, I predict that GTA V will be out in twenty six years and two weeks. It will be set in Canada and the main character will be voiced by Peewee Herman.

But seriously, I'd expect an announcement at E3 2010, followed by a trailer the following April (or whatever month the first IV trailer came out). Until then, I'm content to dream, even if I don't post my thoughts on here.

QUOTE (Stoic Qdeath Eater @ Nov 12 2009, 12:39 PM) *
Liberty City, It's Over.
They have us looking at balls, those hills are balls, while the answer is in the sky.
The part of it they showed us in the "Liberty City, It's Over" picture looks like San Andreas. Even the color of the grass in the damn thing.
But in the part completely hidden, Vesuvius Citrate, the product being advertised.

CITrate. Citrate in Florida's Natural Orange Juice. Florida Oranges. The answer is in the skies, oranges..

Vice City.

Wow. That's mega random. Where'd you find that?
Marney1
I reckon it could be released a lot sooner than we think because it's not like they had to create a whole new game for the add ons. I reckon they're well into producing the next installment already.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Qarney1 @ Nov 12 2009, 06:13 PM) *
I reckon it could be released a lot sooner than we think because it's not like they had to create a whole new game for the add ons. I reckon they're well into producing the next installment already.

Of course they are, they probably begun working on it alongside TL&D.

I always look forward to the first screenshot, I remember when the first three SA images were released, I didn't have the internet then, so me and my mates used the computers at our college and printed them off in a stealthy fashion, it was epic. Trying to glean anything from the images that wasn't obvious, looking at every inch trying to find something hidden and speculating on what the surroundings could be like then checking GTA-SanAndreas.com when we were meant to be working happy.gif . I'm going to go into ramble mode here so i'll stop myself now.
Massacre
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 12 2009, 01:53 PM) *
QUOTE (Qarney1 @ Nov 12 2009, 06:13 PM) *

Of course they are, they probably begun working on it alongside TL&D.

I always look forward to the first screenshot, I remember when the first three SA images were released, I didn't have the internet then, so me and my mates used the computers at our college and printed them off in a stealthy fashion, it was epic. Trying to glean anything from the images that wasn't obvious, looking at every inch trying to find something hidden and speculating on what the surroundings could be like then checking GTA-SanAndreas.com when we were meant to be working happy.gif . I'm going to go into ramble mode here so i'll stop myself now.

No. Keep talking!
TreeFitty
It may be released sooner, or it may not if they want to really push the boundaries of the consoles. Now that they have experience they can start putting in whatever they (or the fans for that matter) want.
Marney1
March next year.

Just got this reply while talking on MSN:

I know were it is being set anyways.
our forum xboxiso.com has a guy who works for em.
they want to do it in London as a homage to guy ritchie. cos of that ps2 game. black monday
wish they we redo that game for xbox360/ps3

Make of it what you will.
Massacre
Shenanigans.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 12 2009, 07:43 PM) *
Shenanigans.

No I'm in my apartment, not drinking tonight.

Massacre
Dunpeal?
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 12 2009, 07:47 PM) *
Dunpeal?

Someone here was asking where he was the other day.

dunpeal.gif
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 12 2009, 02:43 PM) *
Shenanigans.

Indeed. sleep.gif

wait, i think i hear something. yes, yes, it sounds like a rumor mill starting up.
Marney1
Would Seattle be a good setting?
TreeFitty
I don't know much about Seattle except it has urban and suburban parts. Plus the Space Needle (skydiving anyone?). Where did you get Seattle from?
Massacre
Washington, I imagine.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 12 2009, 08:57 PM) *
I don't know much about Seattle except it has urban and suburban parts. Plus the Space Needle (skydiving anyone?). Where did you get Seattle from?

I was just trying to think of places in the US other than California or New York and Seattle appeared in my head.
TreeFitty
It has some of the physical things of GTA (city, rural country side, etc) but I'm not sure if the crime is there. Wikipedia makes it sounds too "good" of a place.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 12 2009, 09:16 PM) *
It has some of the physical things of GTA (city, rural country side, etc) but I'm not sure if the crime is there. Wikipedia makes it sounds too "good" of a place.

Isn't Chicago the place you'd least want to wake up in the US at the moment?
TreeFitty
Detroit has a bad rep. Wouldn't mind that place. Hell, why not Detroit, suburbs, Chicago all in one.
Massacre
Think of the rap soundtrack a Detroit GTA would have. I'd be excited if I hadn't grown out of listening to ICP.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 12 2009, 01:06 PM) *
Think about it. GTA III came out, and nine months later, Vice City. Then, two years later, San Andreas, followed by GTA IV three and a half years later. Thus, I predict that GTA V will be out in twenty six years and two weeks. It will be set in Canada and the main character will be voiced by Peewee Herman.

But seriously, I'd expect an announcement at E3 2010, followed by a trailer the following April (or whatever month the first IV trailer came out). Until then, I'm content to dream, even if I don't post my thoughts on here.

QUOTE (Stoic Qdeath Eater @ Nov 12 2009, 12:39 PM) *
Liberty City, It's Over.

Vice City.

Wow. That's mega random. Where'd you find that?

Google "vesuvius citrate"
ViceMan
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 12 2009, 09:30 PM) *
Detroit has a bad rep. Wouldn't mind that place. Hell, why not Detroit, suburbs, Chicago all in one.

I think it'd be too similar to the 'gritty, bleak' atmosphere that LC had, although at least New York has some element of enthusiasm and hope. Which from what i've heard about D-town it lacks somewhat, that could be good I guess. Pessimism ftw.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Qarney1 @ Nov 12 2009, 07:31 PM) *
March next year.

Just got this reply while talking on MSN:

I know were it is being set anyways.
our forum xboxiso.com has a guy who works for em.
they want to do it in London as a homage to guy ritchie. cos of that ps2 game. black monday
wish they we redo that game for xbox360/ps3

Make of it what you will.

Bullshit. The guy who works for R* wouldnt reveal a thing.

When I next go up Fulham Road im going to try to listen through to the R* offices using a glass. I might be able to find out whats going on with the next GTA.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Nov 12 2009, 09:43 PM) *
When I next go up Fulham Road im going to try to listen through to the R* offices using a glass. I might be able to find out whats going on with the next GTA.

Seems like our best option; could you go dressed in camouflage gear, a turban, a false beard and carrying a backpack by any chance? I think it would just seem more appropriate.
Marney1
Before the locations of Vice City and San Andreas were revealed where there any clues/teasers similar to this one? Any clues that became obvious in hindsight?
Massacre
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 12 2009, 04:46 PM) *

Seems like our best option; could you go dressed in camouflage gear, a turban, a false beard and carrying a backpack by any chance? I think it would just seem more appropriate.

I'd dress up like Johnny. I usually do, anyway.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Qarney1 @ Nov 12 2009, 04:48 PM) *
Before the locations of Vice City and San Andreas were revealed where there any clues/teasers similar to this one? Any clues that became obvious in hindsight?

GTA3 had a billboard ad for miami
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 12 2009, 09:46 PM) *

I'd get stopped by the bobbies. SWAT squad probably. I'd be like, "oh dont mind me, I just wanna find out about the next Grand Theft Auto."

And Vicey, why do you want to scare R* out of the building? They could be working on GTA5 in there! Do you want more deadlines?
ViceMan
QUOTE (Qarney1 @ Nov 12 2009, 09:48 PM) *

Well in GTA III the bent cop Ray Machowski or whatever his name was says "see you in Vice City" IIRC. In VC the construction barriers had something like 'CJs barriers' on them (could be a coincidence since someone working at R* is called CJ Dick. happy.gif)
Massacre
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 12 2009, 04:52 PM) *
QUOTE (Qarney1 @ Nov 12 2009, 09:48 PM) *

Well in GTA III the bent cop Ray Machowski or whatever his name was says "see you in Vice City" IIRC. In VC the construction barriers had something like 'CJs barriers' on them (could be a coincidence since someone working at R* is called CJ Dick. happy.gif)

It doesn't say VC, I think it actually says Miami (or maybe it's just Florida). There are a few San Andreas name-drops in VC, but nothing obvious.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 12 2009, 04:42 PM) *

I think it'd be too similar to the 'gritty, bleak' atmosphere that LC had, although at least New York has some element of enthusiasm and hope. Which from what i've heard about D-town it lacks somewhat, that could be good I guess. Pessimism ftw.

A lot of industry in Detroit (vehicles are what it's known for. "motor city"). Many old abondoned factories and warehouses. Lots of people with out jobs due to factory closings so crime is a bigger problem. It's kind of like the South Bronx but with more of an industrial aspect.
ViceMan
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 12 2009, 09:53 PM) *

A lot of industry in Detroit (vehicles are what it's known for. "motor city"). Many old abondoned factories and warehouses. Lots of people with out jobs due to factory closings so crime is a bigger problem. It's kind of like the South Bronx but with more of an industrial aspect.

Yes, I knew this. The car-making capital of America isn't/wasn't it?

I know all about the place, i've seen 8 Mile y'know. laugh.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 12 2009, 09:58 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 12 2009, 09:53 PM) *

And I've seen RoboCop.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 12 2009, 04:58 PM) *

that movie was in my mind the whole time. but i think there is less white people in detroit for realz. tongue.gif
Massacre
Fuck whiteys, yo.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 12 2009, 05:02 PM) *
Fuck whiteys, yo.

no U!

Detroit could work well. gangs are a big issue.
ViceMan
*thinks he's wandered into the asylum*

But I think somewhere like Detroit wouldn't be bad for the next next GTA game, however the next one needs to be somewhere sub-tropical, like um... Vice City. No, but somewhere with a similar climate to contrast LC.
TreeFitty
i'd say dubai but R* said no to that. we can go to hawaii though. OH! and we can get missions from like Dog the Bounty Hunter for vigilante-type missions.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 12 2009, 10:12 PM) *
i'd say dubai but R* said no to that. we can go to hawaii though. OH! and we can get missions from like Dog the Bounty Hunter for vigilante-type missions.

Why would R* say no to Dubai but not dismiss anywhere else? Hmmm?

Right this is bullshit I know but here's an interesting/uninteresting fact.......
Omid Djalili was in the movie Behind Enemy Lines and the villain who was hunting down the one with a penis for a nose (forget his name) looks like Niko. Omid Djalili wasn't in GTA4 but he's in TBoGT.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Qarney1 @ Nov 12 2009, 05:20 PM) *

Right this is bullshit I know but here's an interesting/uninteresting fact.......
Omid Djalili was in the movie Behind Enemy Lines and the villain who was hunting down the one with a penis for a nose (forget his name) looks like Niko. Omid Djalili wasn't in GTA4 but he's in TBoGT.

right after Niko was revealed EVERYONE was posting the picture of that guy. ~ the other guy. i was refferring to this:

back on Chicago, i remember seeing a documentary on this: http://www.nytimes.com/1981/04/02/us/chica...at-project.html
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Qarney1 @ Nov 12 2009, 10:20 PM) *

Dubai would offend people because a lot of people live in shacks, shooting youre way through shacks is not GTA.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Nov 12 2009, 05:27 PM) *

Dubai would offend people because a lot of people live in shacks, shooting youre way through shacks is not GTA.

fyi it's a a growing city with actual buildings.
Marney1
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Nov 12 2009, 10:27 PM) *

FYI I've been to Dubai and know what it looks like.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Qarney1 @ Nov 12 2009, 10:33 PM) *

Does it look like rows and rows of skyscrapers that have shot up within 10 years, interspersed with supertall skyscrapers (one springs to mind) and bordered by island resorts that are shaped into palm trees and the Earth's continents?
TreeFitty
i don't think there are as many skyscrapers as other cities. and then there's that one huge one to make up for the lack of them.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 12 2009, 10:49 PM) *
QUOTE (Qarney1 @ Nov 12 2009, 10:33 PM) *

Does it look like rows and rows of skyscrapers that have shot up within 10 years, interspersed with supertall skyscrapers (one springs to mind) and bordered by island resorts that are shaped into palm trees and the Earth's continents?

It was getting there, I was there in 2001 just for the day and then I was gone again.
Mekstizzle
So wait, you guys have figured out that this poster was in the Porn Studio in Vice City right?

Personally, the only thing I'm surprised about is the March release date. Although that would have been two years after GTA IV was released, or something.

As for it being in VC, well it was always going to be in VC. Rockstar are continuing the cycle they did before. Liberty City, then Vice, then San Andreas.
DANNY B0Y
QUOTE (Mekstizzle @ Nov 13 2009, 02:16 PM) *
So wait, you guys have figured out that this poster was in the Porn Studio in Vice City right?

I didn't. Points right to Vice City. But they might not continue the cycle. It was like LC (LCS), then VC (VCS) but then LC again for IV. They might introduce a completely new city if R* decided to do something like GTA VI.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Dan Stephen @ Nov 13 2009, 11:25 AM) *
QUOTE (Mekstizzle @ Nov 13 2009, 02:16 PM) *

I didn't. Points right to Vice City. But they might not continue the cycle. It was like LC (LCS), then VC (VCS) but then LC again for IV. They might introduce a completely new city if R* decided to do something like GTA VI.

Yeah maybe. Or not. Or yeah. Or it could be somewhere else. Or yeah. Yeah. Maybe not though. Hmm, yeah. Might be a trick. Might not. Maybe. Yeah.
Marney1
Could be right there ^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.