Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The next stop poster SOLVED
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA V > GTA 5
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
The Awesome One
Ive just been shown this. Acccording to one of my best mates, this poster is shown in vice city. Could GTA5 be in vice City?

Click to view attachment
Marney1
Where in VC was this?
The Awesome One
QUOTE (marney1 @ Nov 7 2009, 11:10 PM) *
Where in VC was this?

I dont have a clue. My friend sent it to me via email. I will ask where it is. But, im now excited.
Marney1
Is there a volcanic island in the shape of the torn piece of poster?

The Awesome One
Thats what the cut bit in the poster is. Its a mountain, and seeing as we have only had one mountain in GTA, it could be San Andreas. Who knows?

EDIT:I dont think it will be Hawaii.
ViceMan
Nice find, but I have also never seen that poster in VC, had a look through the manual too and nothing in there.
TreeFitty
apparently gtaforums got it yesterday. one guy says it was a sex shop in liberty city not vice city (can't confirm that) which means it really isn't concrete evidence of anything.
Marney1
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Nov 7 2009, 11:20 PM) *
Thats what the cut bit in the poster is. Its a mountain, and seeing as we have only had one mountain in GTA, it could be San Andreas. Who knows?

EDIT:I dont think it will be Hawaii.

Erm OK it's a mountain, silly me. Thought it was a volcano.
TreeFitty
no, no just because it's spewing orange stuff and is related to mount vesuvius doesn't mean it's a volcano. tongue.gif
The Awesome One
Just been told its in some sex shop by my friend. Whether he is actually playing Vice City or browsing some gaming forum I dont have a clue. Im gonna pick up Vice City in a couple of days and I will have a snoop around then.

I know the picture is supposed to represent a volcano, but we have only ever had one mountain so im relating it to Chilad. Maybe its dormant?
Marney1
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Nov 7 2009, 11:31 PM) *
Just been told its in some sex shop by my friend. Whether he is actually playing Vice City or browsing some gaming forum I dont have a clue. Im gonna pick up Vice City in a couple of days and I will have a snoop around then.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!! Fucking call him back and ask him!
TreeFitty
well, vesuvius is in italy. but the poster is backwards, so maybe we are travelling the opposite way of italy. which would have us going west. so towards san andreas. or something.
Marney1
Borrowed this from gtaforums.....

TreeFitty
that actually fits pretty well. maybe it'll be paris, or perhaps and bunch of countries over there stuck together into one huge game.

so you'll get london, paris, rome, etc kind of blended into one big state/country thing. kind of like how they condensed NYC but on a bigger scale.
Marney1
I reckon it could be the north west of Frogland and the Channel Islands - Jersey etc.
TreeFitty
might as well throw in the beaches of Normandy where you can pick up ammo/weapons that have been sitting there since the war. tongue.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 7 2009, 11:56 PM) *
might as well throw in the beaches of Normandy where you can pick up ammo/weapons that have been sitting there since the war. tongue.gif

Not really because ammo has a use by date so you'd be lucky if you heard 'BANG'.

I've just realised that the whole poster (if that is Frogland in the corner) hides the UK.
There's no way you could fit the whole of the UK in a single game though........is there?

Yeah I know it doesn't say 5 ^
TreeFitty
tongue.gif = not serial

i don't the whole UK would fit into a game as complex as GTA anyway. like I said they would condense everything.
Marney1

TreeFitty
good find.
Marney1

We wish....

TreeFitty
i don't even know what to say to the second one...

third looks interesting.
Marney1
Found this comment on YouTube - Most likely bollocks.

I played a Rockstar developer a year ago and I asked him if they'd do a gta london and he said, "only you brits want that. We're gonna do San Andreas, or soon we will start". there you go.

Edit: Another thought I just had (my brain hurts) is that in the top right of the poster it mentions a film festival and the torn piece looks like part of France so could it be something to do with Cannes?
TreeFitty
i'd say bollocks too. just someone attention whoring.

not sure if the film festival would mean anything since there are many in the US. i think that is just part of the movie poster.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 8 2009, 01:32 AM) *

not sure if the film festival would mean anything since there are many in the US. i think that is just part of the movie poster.

What's your take on the gentleman in the bottom left with the words; What What - a typical reference to posh brits?
Skinny†
OMG, the poster is ripped where it would have stated the next location (Liberty City, it's over. Next stop such and such), so now it shows part of the poster underneath it. That's all, the volcano poster was the poster underneath it, it's not a hint, it's a tease.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (marney1 @ Nov 7 2009, 08:37 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 8 2009, 01:32 AM) *

What's your take on the gentleman in the bottom left with the words; What What - a typical reference to posh brits?

sure. i really don't think the rest of the poster has to do with the next gta. possible, but it just doesn't seem like anything.
Skinny†
TreeFitty
QUOTE (‹berPimpGendoIkari @ Nov 7 2009, 09:05 PM) *
I WANT ATTENTION

Marney1
QUOTE (‹berPimpGendoIkari @ Nov 8 2009, 01:58 AM) *
OMG, the poster is ripped where it would have stated the next location (Liberty City, it's over. Next stop such and such), so now it shows part of the poster underneath it. That's all, the volcano poster was the poster underneath it, it's not a hint, it's a tease.

Great input ^
TreeFitty
QUOTE (marney1 @ Nov 7 2009, 09:26 PM) *
QUOTE (‹berPimpGendoIkari @ Nov 8 2009, 01:58 AM) *

Great input ^

you know, he just may be onto something. the poster is ripped, the heart is being torn apart, maybe JUST MAYBE, they are ending the series on a good note.. like R* is tearing apart their relationship with the fans. that's why there is no hint. it just ends with "stop."

[/sarcasm to the max]
Skinny†
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 8 2009, 01:21 PM) *
I WANT ATTENTION

good joke nawt
TreeFitty
QUOTE (‹berPimpGendoIkari @ Nov 8 2009, 12:54 AM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 8 2009, 01:21 PM) *
I WANT ATTENTION

good joke nawt

i'm here til thursday. booking is through my agent.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (marney1 @ Nov 7 2009, 11:46 PM) *

Looks strikingly like France.

QUOTE (marney1 @ Nov 8 2009, 12:14 AM) *

We will not have another Liberty City.

QUOTE (marney1 @ Nov 8 2009, 12:35 AM) *

We wish....

Convincing..

Britain: We have had a a lot more British than we have had in other GTA games. Is this referncing towards something?
TreeFitty
we've had a lot more gay characters than in past GTAs too. sleep.gif
OptimumPx
Jesus....

The poster means nothing. Nothing at all.

It's a tease, a joke...something to get people all worked up over nothing. sleep.gif

We'll find out the next location when they release a trailer in a year or two, not from a joke in a manual.
Marney1
QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Nov 8 2009, 09:25 AM) *
Jesus....

The poster means nothing. Nothing at all.

It's a tease, a joke...something to get people all worked up over nothing. sleep.gif

We'll find out the next location when they release a trailer in a year or two, not from a joke in a manual.

I suppose they did it to keep us guessing so that's what we're doing.
DANNY B0Y
I'm thinking the mountain/volcano thing has a little resemblance to Cock Rock in San Andreas.
Plus, has anyone noticed the Mollis logo on it?
Marney1
QUOTE (Dan Stephen @ Nov 8 2009, 04:28 PM) *
I'm thinking the mountain/volcano thing has a little resemblance to Cock Rock in San Andreas.
Plus, has anyone noticed the Mollis logo on it?

Mollis logo?
dab1068
While it's fun to try and guess. Who knows what those whacko geniuses at Rockstar are going to do with GTA next? All I know is that, no matter the venue, I'll be playing it and loving it.
Marney1
I'm wondering if they will even keep using the GTA title, they might just create titles like; Niko Goes Fishing or Louis Loves Cock.
ThePaleOgre
I have nothing to say about the poster because I think reading into it is a waste of time but I figured Vice City FM was a huge hint and I havent seen anyone say anything about it.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (marney1 @ Nov 8 2009, 10:03 AM) *
I suppose they did it to keep us guessing so that's what we're doing.

exactly. this place is dead anyway. so who [that matters] cares?
DiO
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Nov 8 2009, 02:25 AM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Nov 7 2009, 11:46 PM) *

Looks strikingly like France.

QUOTE (marney1 @ Nov 8 2009, 12:14 AM) *

We will not have another Liberty City.

The gta poster shows a broken heart and the original isn't broken. I take it at they aren't going back to liberty. Chill.
trathen93
the reason theres so many hints on this is to get people guessing. thats it. it looks like the corner of france and people talk about france, it looks like a mountain and people say san andreas is next. its r* being clever, winding people up.
quebecois22
I found this on Gamespot (Vice City linked to GrandTheft Auto V teaser?) which has a link to an article here: MODMYWHAT.com

The poster can be found in a pron shop in Vice City and it does seem to fit perfectly...
TreeFitty
^ we know. read the first post.
quebecois22
I know you know I just posted this to end France's discussion and to clearly show with the help of a gif the exactitude of both posters... 070302buttsecks2.gif
ViceMan
Again, it could just be a double bluff, and simply the poster that was underneath the current one, but its placing underneath the 'next stop' does make it seem as if it's a hint.

As always, i'll remain cynical until I see definite proof... Like an official screenshot.
TreeFitty
well for IV we didn't know where it was until the first trailer. think we got a bit before that comes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.