Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guy Fawkes Night Tonight
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
Marney1
November 5th has no true original purpose anymore IMO (just like Christmas and Easter) it just seems to be a day for families to get together and have a good time these days. Organised events I don't mind but the sale of fireworks to joe public should be banned, I mean all I've heard for the last month is explosions. Sometimes I'm suddenly woken by a huge bang in the middle of the night which isn't much fun.
Too many dickheads buy fireworks and use them for the wrong reasons like blowing phone boxes or cars up (where I live anyway) so I really do think they should be banned. I feel sorry for responsible people who just want to put a little show on for their kids but when you have to put up with this shit for a month of every year it's time to put a stop to private sales and just have organised events.

Click here if you don't know what Guy Falkes Night is all about.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Father Christmas @ Nov 5 2009, 08:20 AM) *
Organised events I don't mind but the sale of fireworks to joe public should be banned,

Agreed.

I mean all I've heard for the last month is explosions.

Isn't that what living in Liverpool is like anyway? In seriousness, i've heard hardly anything this year, nothing compared to what it used to be like, silly cunts setting them off all through October and right through to December. But now, just a few whizzers (haven't actually heard ANYTHING these last few days,) none of those big boom ones that scares my cat and makes all the local dogs start barking wildly.

I feel sorry for responsible people who just want to put a little show on for their kids but when you have to put up with this shit for a month of every year it's time to put a stop to private sales and just have organised events.

I don't, if you want to watch fireworks go to a display, they're much better than the shit you can buy from the shops anyway (as far as spending money on watching chemical compounds exploding goes at least,) the ones that you buy from the shops are laughable, you'll be lucky to get 5 minutes worth of "fun" out of them.

Pieface
Haven't heard or seen one firework yet. Going down the pub tonight with some friends as they have a fireworks display.
Marney1
I saw a packet of rockets for £15 in ASDA last night and there were only 3 in it, didn't realise how much of a rip-off they were.

@Vicey, if it isn't fireworks I hear it's gunfire so you are right to an extent that it's always like that round here.Shootout It's actually quietened down a bit lately.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Father Christmas @ Nov 5 2009, 11:32 AM) *
I saw a packet of rockets for £15 in ASDA last night and there were only 3 in it, didn't realise how much of a rip-off they were.

You have much to learn young sparrow.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Nov 5 2009, 01:17 PM) *
QUOTE (Father Christmas @ Nov 5 2009, 11:32 AM) *

You have much to learn young sparrow.

I didn't buy any, I'm not remotely interested in fireworks.
PabloHoneyOle
Gay Fuwkes?
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Nov 5 2009, 03:19 PM) *
Gay Fuwkes?

The Bum Powder Plot
The Awesome One
I totally forgot today. I thought those fireworks going off were for christmas.
ViceMan
Guy, fewks! [/asylummode]

Heard a couple of boomers earlier, but nothing major.
Marney1
Click this then scroll down to what's happening in Liverpool tonight, I mean WTF? Talk about traditions going out the window.
OptimumPx
Why do people still celebrate a failed plot to blow up Parliament 404 years after the fact?

Seriously, he failed, and was tortured for it too. Are you guys going to keep burning him over and over until the end of time?

It would be like us burning effigies of Benedict Arnold once a year. After all, he failed in his treason plot too.
Marney1
QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Nov 5 2009, 06:34 PM) *
Why do people still celebrate a failed plot to blow up Parliament 404 years after the fact?

Seriously, he failed, and was tortured for it too. Are you guys going to keep burning him over and over until the end of time?

It would be like us burning effigies of Benedict Arnold once a year. After all, he failed in his treason plot too.

It's to celebrate a victory for the British government in capturing him and foiling the plot to blow up paliament which half the fools out celebrating tonight probably don't know. We should be putting an effigy of Tony Blair on a fire not someone who was trying to do us all a favour.
ViceMan
QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Nov 5 2009, 06:34 PM) *

Makes about as much sense as most holidays nowadays, which have also lost their original meaning.
DANNY B0Y
Too many dickheads buy fireworks and use them for the wrong reasons like blowing phone boxes or cars up (where I live anyway) so I really do think they should be banned. I feel sorry for responsible people who just want to put a little show on for their kids but when you have to put up with this shit for a month of every year it's time to put a stop to private sales and just have organised events.

I know. A few years ago there was someone killed by a firework posted through his letterbox. It's quiet around my village, because they usually go off at 6 and then stop at 12:30 because I usually get in bed by 1am roll2.gif I remember my dog last year under my bed because of this massive firework explosion. I wonder why dogs don't go extinct in Britain around this time of the year.

On a funny note, I saw someone tonight launch a firework at the house across the road from me, stupid bastards chucked it at the wall and rebounded. Seriously, they are lucky they don't get hurt.
Pieface
Went to the Pub, fireworks were a lot worse than usual, but had a good time!
Marney1
Anyone had any bonfire toffee today? God, that shit could glue your mouth shut.
PabloHoneyOle
In celebration of Guy Fawkes day, I am going to protest Scientology.

Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Nov 5 2009, 09:46 PM) *

Suppose anything goes tonight, we're celebrating 40 years since the moon landing here........... huh.gif
Pieface

Why is Lisa dead though?
Heartless
QUOTE (marney1 @ Nov 5 2009, 04:48 PM) *

Suppose anything goes tonight, we're celebrating 40 years since the moon landing here........... huh.gif

And ten years of indoor plumbing.
TreeFitty
for a second i thought people around here were celebrating. but then i realized it was just gun shots.
Skinny†
moar liek Guy Faux-pas night, amirite?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.