iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Media & Graphics
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 6 2009, 01:27 PM) *
Go on then - what's next?

Could you make me an Armored Core?

Please...?
DuPz0r
My latest project is to create a street in 3d low poly like game quality models. Then i have to light it and texture it well.

This is what I've modeled so far:

It is based on a real street i took loads of reference photo's of in London.

This project needs to be handed in when i go back to Uni on the 11th. So i got loads of work to put in to it.
TreeFitty
Fantastical. cool.gif
Marney1
Look forward to how your window reflections work out.
Massacre
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 28 2009, 09:23 AM) *
My latest project is to create a street in 3d low poly like game quality models. Then i have to light it and texture it well.

This is what I've modeled so far:

It is based on a real street i took loads of reference photo's of in London.

This project needs to be handed in when i go back to Uni on the 11th. So i got loads of work to put in to it.

That looks like the street from Vice City that the Pole Position is on.
0bs3n3
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 7 2009, 05:19 AM) *
Thanks Marney!

Here it is finished. I'm pushed for time and have to hand this assignment in tomorrow. I may work on it more in my own time, or i could start a new car... maybe.

Hey Dupz that is really, really good, but I just don't think the doors look right. Not criticizing, it is amazing work.
DuPz0r
Yeah i didn't have time to finish the model fully. I didn't add door handles or spend more time shaping the door edge loops. I may go back and finish it one day.

Here is some texturing i have done so far. it's not mapped in places so dw about that. I was just testing how the bricks looked on the models.

Oh and here is a reference image:
Marney1
I'm scrutinizing but can't find anything to pull you on yet.
The Awesome One
Looks really good DuP. Most London pavements and roads have pot holes, so add a few of them.
Marney1
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 29 2009, 10:38 PM) *
Looks really good DuP. Most London pavements and roads have pot holes, so add a few of them.

And loads of Paki's.
DuPz0r

More progress. I've been fiddling with the light and shadows a bit.
TreeFitty
Nice. Kind of like GTA3 texturing with IV lighting. tongue.gif
The Awesome One
Very good. I like the road. smile.gif
DuPz0r

I Still have some bits of street furniture and my photo-shopped people. The road texture was too hard for me to recreate because the amount of roadwork. So I've just created an impression of roadworks. I still need to add the dirt composite layers too.
TreeFitty
nice nice
Marney1
Are we going to get to see this in stop motion (I think it's called) spinning round like the Lambo?
DuPz0r
well my project is to just create good textures and light it well. I can put some motion in and show you guys how it looks when it is done if you want...? It might take a while though.
TreeFitty
Just hava car or 2 drive through. Simpler. smile.gif
DuPz0r
Here si the finished work for the hand-in:

This is the street in a similar perspective:
Marney1
The road looks good with it's tarmac repaired strip running along it. Good work DuP' how long in all did that take you?
TreeFitty
nice nice second pic looks cool transitioning to the wireframe
DuPz0r
Thanks Guys biggrin.gif

Here is a little task was given. I have to make a childhood toy and render it.

LOL
Marney1
Well it is Creme Egg season.
The Awesome One
I have a hankerin for some cadburys!
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ Jan 11 2010, 06:17 PM) *
I have a hankerin for some cadburys!

Kraft>Cadburys lol

Here is my finished Toy.

Construction sheet:

Reference photo composition:

Final Render:
Marney1
The 3D is amazing.
TreeFitty
extraordinary. make the final render a little yellow and add some noise and it'll be perfect.
Marney1
DuPz' I don't wanna give you a stiffy but I reckon you're going to end up with the job of your dreams.
TreeFitty
ya think?
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 20 2010, 12:34 AM) *
ya think?

Yeah, if his dream job is on a check-out at McDonalds. happy.gif

Seriously I reckon he enjoys doing what he does and it shows. He has commitment.
Massacre
Dup, I'm almost sickened by how good you are at this...
TreeFitty
well, wherever he applies for a job, they will be more than happy I'm sure.

oh and back to tweaks, softer shadows too.
DuPz0r
Well thanks for the nice comments folk, especially the MacDonald one happy.gif i can't wait!

I get my new projects set next week, so be sure to check back soon. Hopefully i get to learn some decent animation.
TreeFitty
They didn't give you a syllabus?
DuPz0r
Nah not yet. We get a project brief at the start of each project.
TreeFitty
I guess it stops you from planning ahead. Although that wouldn't be a bad thing really. Whatever... in any case I'm sure you'll do just fine.
DuPz0r
Here is something of a personal project. It's my first female character model. It only took me 30 minutes to get this far. I'm just generally practicing the female anatomy at this point and i haven't designed a character in mind, i'm just using various reference images.
TreeFitty
*cough* needs a bigger bust size *cough*

Looks great for only 30 minutes of work.
Marney1
I imagine that the hands/fingers are difficult to do?
TreeFitty
I remember taking art classes in middle school and spent days learning to draw hands and fingers. Not easy at all when there is a certain look you want.
DuPz0r

I've been placed into a group of animators. We called our selves Pixel Junkies, and need to create two things:

1. A Viral Video.
We need to attempt to make a catchy and likable quick animation to place onto youtube. The grade for this project will be affected by the amount of views it gets! So you guys are gonna have to view it, and get your friends to view it, and tell them to tell there friends to view it! if you don't mind... smile.gif

2. Short Film
Create a short film containing proper film fundamentals and editing, green screen VFX and pure 3d animation segment.... So yeah, hopefully we work well as a team.

This is generally a group building task, getting us ready for the industry. I'll post the video's in due time. The viral film will be complete first because it's due to be handed in on the 18th of Feb.
TreeFitty
sounds like fun. hope to spread the disease soon. smile.gif
DuPz0r
I'm currently in the early stages of character design.
Here are some 1 minute drawings i did in photoshop. Each character took around a minute each, and they were totally spontaneous. This is one approach a lot of good character artists start with, and then develop upon the best looking silhouettes.

Oh i forgot to mention i will be developing a character concept sheet, making it in 3d with a limit of 12000 poly's (game quality). Then textures and rigged to animate.

BEST PROJECT SO FAR!

And here is my character base mesh which i'll be using to create my character in 3d with. Still a lot to do though.
DuPz0r
Here is a character I'm currently developing for a 6-12 page self contained narrative comic book. This isn't a final design, but it is a character i'm currently working on and hopefully progress with.

Tell me what you guys think?
cuda is your boi
nice evolution mate, really taking the good steps in 3D.
DuPz0r
Her are some material shaders i'm currently working on for a 3D gummy bear. Ignore the model, thats just rough. The material is the main focus here.
'

TreeFitty
so realistic. ohmy.gif well, for a glass-look anyway.
TreeFitty
hey, by the way, if you ever find yourself going back to the London street scene, touch it up or do whatever you want and submit it to the GTA5 section. thumbup.gif
DuPz0r
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 27 2010, 10:24 AM) *
hey, by the way, if you ever find yourself going back to the London street scene, touch it up or do whatever you want and submit it to the GTA5 section. thumbup.gif

Good idea smile.gif

Here is an update on my Character Model:

He's going to be an oil rig worker. So i still need to model assets. I have a poly limit of 12,000. I've used about half already. So i'm going to have to be sparing when it comes to clothes and assets!
Ex-PS Fanboy
Dup, I demand you animate me a Giant robot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.