Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DuPz' Corner!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Media & Graphics
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Massacre
What you're saying is, you don't think the model looks bad, you just think Dup is ugly.
demon
^lol are you Massacring him?

Dup, good work. smile.gif
ctlfreak
looks good, i suck at character modeling, what did u use?
DuPz0r
3dsmax. I can't use Maya to save my life. It annoys me because Maya is the commercial standard, but the Uni taught us Max. Now the new first years are being taught only Maya. Feels kind of unfair. I know a little about it, but no where near as much as i should.
ctlfreak
Impressive renders for max. Did you use a 3rd party render engine like mental ray or something? Maya isnt that hard as good as you seem to be you could prolly pick it up quickly with a few ebooks on the ins and outs. I'm a lightwave guy mainly although i do occasionally use maya for animations.

Ive watched your work for years now and tbh your damn good, ive seen the constant progression of better and better work. you take pride in it and it shows. you could learn maya independently and still snag a job up easily using just 3dsm tbh. hell id hire you if you were local.

what are you planning to do, games, 3d animation, movie integration or just model and texturing? You know most houses have like 40 diff 3d positions ranging from crappy block render previz all the way to the final so im sure you could find your niche even with just 3dsm under your belt considering your talent for it.

Ive got some really good tuts on maya if youd like them pm and ill hook you up, ebooks and training videos. but you can prolly find em on your own too.

Thinking about it, would you be interested in freelance work? if so pm and we can discuss some pricing and details and such. Im always looking for new talent. Work would likely be a light load, something you could knock out in a few hours.
demon
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 18 2010, 11:45 AM) *
3dsmax. I can't use Maya to save my life. It annoys me because Maya is the commercial standard, but the Uni taught us Max. Now the new first years are being taught only Maya. Feels kind of unfair. I know a little about it, but no where near as much as i should.

Haha I thought Photoshop was the standard. Shows how little I know.
TreeFitty
^ laugh.gif
Marney1
@ctlfreak I'm DuPz0r's agent, pm me and we can discuss prices. I only take 20% commission for his work.
DuPz0r
Sounds like a good opportunity ctrlfreak. I'll have to pm you.

oh yeah and i want to be in the games industry for sure, more accurately i wanna be an environment artist. So I'll work on modelling and texturing maps from concept art.
demon
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 18 2010, 10:09 PM) *
^ laugh.gif

biggrin.gif Yes it must have sounded funny, but I don't think I was that far off the page.
Photoshop is so advanced that hardly no one knows everything it can do. I've not tried it but I have my sources.
TreeFitty
You realize Photoshop is for images, right? Not complete 3D models?
DuPz0r
Actually Photoshop is used along side the 3D programs to make or tweak textures for the 3d models tongue.gif so he's partly right.
TreeFitty
That's why I said complete.
DuPz0r
Yes you were right too tongue.gif

I have to rig my self portrait and give it emotion lol! I'm not looking forward to that. I will fail.
TreeFitty
I read that as "nig" the first time. bored.gif
DuPz0r
Haha yeah i'm gonna give it brown skin and grow a fro!
demon
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 19 2010, 08:21 AM) *
You realize Photoshop is for images, right? Not complete 3D models?

No, because I have never tried Photoshop and I didn't know there was something it could not do.
And a 3D model is still an image.

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 19 2010, 12:14 PM) *
Actually Photoshop is used along side the 3D programs to make or tweak textures for the 3d models tongue.gif so he's partly right.

Aha! I'm in luck, TF. You didn't count on my luck, did you. tongue.gif

DuPz0r
I got bored one evening and decided to design and model my own PC case. The theory behind my design is that the side fans suck cool air in and the main top fan blows all the hot air out, creating a natural cycle, as hot air naturally rises.

I modelled and rendered this in about 3 hours.
ctlfreak
nice design, render is nice and clean
demon
Yes that case is really nice looking. It wouldn't be cheap.
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 30 2010, 12:10 PM) *
I got bored one evening and decided to design and model my own PC case. The theory behind my design is that the side fans suck cool air in and the main top fan blows all the hot air out, creating a natural cycle, as hot air naturally rises.

I modelled and rendered this in about 3 hours.

That's a good effort if I'm to judge it against Rockstar's own effort....
demon
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 4 2011, 08:27 PM) *
That's a good effort if I'm to judge it against Rockstar's own effort....

Good try of Rockstar to design a coffin. sad.gif
DuPz0r
Here is my self portrait animation. It's so terrible i just have to show you XD.png

http://vimeo.com/18634623
Password: 2011
TreeFitty
bored.gif
DuPz0r
Like i said. I'm not a character animator. i much prefer making objects and environments. Hard surface modelling oppose to organic.

btw, we had to do three different expressions if you hadn't have guessed. tongue.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 14 2011, 04:42 PM) *
Here is my self portrait animation. It's so terrible i just have to show you XD.png

That had me laughing my head off. laugh.gif
demon
Crazy. XD.png
ctlfreak
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 14 2011, 10:42 AM) *

HAHAHAHAH not laughing at the render, the way you did the animation was just funny.

the model looks pretty decent esp since youve said you not good at organics. but its still pretty good. the last hello was just too much i almost fell out. it so didnt match the expression.

what did you do the mouth sync with?
DuPz0r
QUOTE (ctlfreak @ Jan 18 2011, 12:48 AM) *
what did you do the mouth sync with?

I didn't use anything special i just recorded myself say hello and pasted it over the video in quicktime. The mouth i hand animated, it looked pretty bad lol.

I have recently formed a team for my second year games trailer. We're now called:

The game we've decided to work on is called Artificial Insurgence. It was the easiest idea of the bunch.

Here is a quick thumbnail storyboard:

The robots are manufactured by China in the 1970's and were kept in storage for many years. The year is 2020 and now the robots have finally been distributed around the world. They start attacking all major nations leaving them weak and open to attack from the Chinese.

Here is an early concept of one of our bots.

Here is the final developed version of the bot above.

Here are some weapon attachments:

Here is a matte painting to give us a feel of what we want the game to look like:

And i'll post more when i get it done biggrin.gif

Qdeathstar
Dupzor, if you want to get that site working if you create the layout i'll cut it and put it together for you. I don't do flash so it would be temporary but at least it would get your site going. You should get a domain for your game too.
DuPz0r
I actually have a portfolio website project coming up soon where they'll show us a little about it.
But I'll definitely keep you in mind, cheers.

DuPz0r
Here is a new character concept I'm still working on, but i thought i might as well post it in its current state just to see what people think. Some crit would be very much appreciated.

Lucky for me i wont have to model it lol!
Massacre
He doesn't look like a gay oil rig worker, I'll give you that.
demon
The hammer guy looks real. Good job. But the yellow things wrapped around his upper arms looks strange. But maybe he's supposed to look strange? His feet looks larger than real, and his right shoe looks like a left shoe.
DuPz0r
Here is how my concept is coming along for George.

And here are some of my assets which i have created for this current game. I aim to produce at least one high poly, one low poly, and texture at least every day.

DuPz0r
Here is my latest asset, the glass is a separate mesh, the texture on the glass is only to show there is something there at the moment.
DuPz0r
Another asset to add to the collection.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.