Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DuPz' Corner!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Media & Graphics
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
DuPz0r
Thanks guys, even the sarcastic comments tongue.gif Much appreciated. To be honest the comic book project was mostly about story telling through imagery rather than dialog, visual narrative if you will. This is basically practice for when we come to animate, we can produce good composition as well as describing the action through body language.

I would have helped with a GTA web comic if i wasn't always so swamped with work for Uni. Everyone in my group (35-40 ppl) were up all night for two days doing this comic project. We went for a couple drinks after the hand in and took over the entire pub. After two drinks we were all almost asleep. I fell asleep on the tube on the way home and missed my stop!

/Edit

Quick practice on Zbrush. I love zbrush. You can export the models and texture maps from here and use them other 3d packages and in game engines smile.gif sweet aye.

Here is my first facial anatomical sculpt:

DuPz0r
This is a tattoo a friend of mine wanted. So i drew it out in photoshop as a favour, so he could take it to a tattooist.
Original image he gave me:

My version:
Line:

Detail:
TreeFitty
face = awesome
DuPz0r
Architectural Visualisation & Modernization of the Globe Theatre in London.

Video Animation:
http://vimeo.com/11682763

DuPz0r
So it's the end of my first year at Uni! Wow. I never expected it to go so damn quick. I've learnt a lot about the technical side of things, like software ect. Now it's time to put my artistic skills to the test over summer.
Here is one some concept/storyboards from one of my final projects this year:

Here is a quick summery/showreel of all my best from this year.

Thanks for all your comments and support through this thread guys, hopefully I'll be posting much better work in the near future!
TreeFitty
lulz@facepwn. great work as always.
Marney1
DuP' - Why do all you're story boards turn to violence?
Zacko
Awesome work as usual cool.gif

Love the idea of the zombies on an oil rig - as long as they're not 28 Days Later psuedo Rage zombies because they... just haunt my fucking nightmares.
demon
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Mar 26 2010, 04:06 PM) *
So after a grueling time working on this comic book project the last two days, i thought i should at least post my efforts.

I didn't sleep for two days!

I like the drawing style. The second image reminds me about the Amiga game It Came From The Desert. It's a 1989 classic.
DuPz0r
My first attempt at modelling a gun. This is a XRC-L, it's like the ARC on MW2. The model is very basic tbh. I'll most likely make a detailed version in the future.

Massacre
Pretty slick. You're going to drop us some secret info when you get a job with R*, right?

DuPz0r
As we're doing the igta-webcomic, it gave me inspiration to start my own 3d Project based on Hawaiian environments. And this will also give me a better understanding of the architecture in Hawaii. I was aiming on getting a street modelled and textured. GTA Hawaii here we come! lol

This is what I've built so far.

Just a couple of shops atm. Might get some more street furniture on there and some palm trees too.
TreeFitty
^awesome
DuPz0r
I added some basic textures to it.

DuPz0r
I haven't posted any new work in a while, mainly because i haven't don any.

Here is a first concept drawing i did today of a Turtle mutation warrior character. It was heavily based on my terrapins, which i have studied with pen and paper. I also liked the thought of maybe remaking the teenage mutant ninja turtles into a a darker character type. Lets see how far i take this then!

And painted in photoshop:
0bs3n3
That's awesome, as usual. You should definitely keep going with that one.
DuPz0r
Just started building it in 3D. This is the low poly model so far:

I'll start working on the hands and head tomorrow biggrin.gif

edit.

Here is how his head is looking at the moment.

edit.

I'm starting to build up textures in Zbrush:

Massacre
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 10 2010, 10:55 AM) *

Wait, why the fuck am I penciling the webcomic?
asthenia
^ lol.

I hate low poly models. How something that looks like that and makes you think "I could do that.." turns into something as awesome looking as the last turle you've posted amazes me... really great work man. I love it.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jul 16 2010, 02:06 AM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 10 2010, 10:55 AM) *

Wait, why the fuck am I penciling the webcomic?

You're the one writing it, so you should have a better understanding on how you want the characters to look.
Massacre
I kind of meant for that to be funny. You just made me feel like an idiot. Nice one.
DuPz0r
lmao. I didn't know if you were mocking me, or being honest! XD.png
Massacre
Dude, I'm barely ever serious. To be my co-worker, you'll have to understand that I'm always fucking with you. laugh.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jul 16 2010, 06:47 PM) *
Dude, I'm barely ever serious. To be my co-worker, you'll have to understand that I'm always fucking with you. laugh.gif

Fucking with you or fucking you. You have to watch out for both possibilities.
Massacre
You gotta be on your toes when the Warlord is around. Or on your knees.
DuPz0r
I had a little mess around today painting my sculpt. Isn't that great, but it looks a bit like my concept painting.

DuPz0r
I started a new project the other day. I wanted to build an environment which would test my texturing ability a little further than usual. I thought of a place that used to exist near me. It is called the Uxbridge Lido and has sat derelict for many years. Recently they have renovated it and are now reusing it. Luckily i had been there before and had also found some pictures of it in its previous state. I thought it would make a good game level for a FPS online map. So my project will be to build the same layout with some added details to make it feel more like a game level.

These are pictures of the real place:

Here is how my map is progressing:

I was thinking of adding an old carpark on one side and some old garages on the other side, just to split the level up a bit.
If you guys have any suggestions on the layout and how i could improve it for a FPS map then please leave comments.
asthenia
Shit Dup, that's amazing. I'd like to skate that.....
DuPz0r
QUOTE (asthenia @ Aug 4 2010, 02:10 PM) *
Shit Dup, that's amazing. I'd like to skate that.....

The real place used to be full of skaters and graffiti artists all the time. Yeah i think it could be a good setting for a skate park map too smile.gif.

I just started building an underground path that connects that building with the railings and a little building in the middle on the opposite side. It runs just under the pool. I plan to fill it with old rusty pipes and flickering lights and things. I'm going to make a little video of it once it's complete, to show it off in a game style.
Massacre
More giant shopping carts.
DuPz0r
A small two week project at uni.
Corner room.

TreeFitty
Very gritty. (in a good way)
DuPz0r
Thanks Fitty.

Here is the finished project, crit would be nice.

Concept:

To be honest it was a last minute rush!

Wire Frame:

17k polys (Not bad)

With a bit of post production, this is the final outcome.
Render:
Massacre
The wall with the light on it looks crazy realistic...
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Oct 18 2010, 04:58 PM) *
Corner room.

THAT ^ Is fucking brilliant! cool.gif
DuPz0r
I'm working on a game designed by me at the moment.

That's all i have so far... I need to put it all into a folder along with the narratology and level design breakdown.
Massacre
Gay-pose heavy weapons guy ftw.
DuPz0r
Lol, reminds me of my gay rig worker XD.png

Here is a quick church i've made.

demon
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Oct 18 2010, 04:58 PM) *
Corner room.

Very good. I think this is the one I like most. But the lighting looks a little unrealistic, the wall is illuminated close to the light, and then suddenly is dark.

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Oct 20 2010, 02:33 PM) *
With a bit of post production, this is the final outcome.
Render:

This is also very good, the light from the wall lamp looks realistic.
DuPz0r
Here are some assets i made for in-game using the Unreal Engine. I first have to make a high poly version and then a low poly version. This applies in the games industry too.

Here is my first Game asset creation. It is based on a WW2 German Oil Lamp.

Here is the High Poly model. It is around 450k Polys (quads).

This is the low poly Mesh. 236 polys (Tri's)

And this is the Textured model in 3DSMax.

Here is the in-game/real-time version.

Here is my second Asset. It is one of those transformers that usually sit in a fenced "danger of death" areas.

Here is the high poly. It is around 650,000 polys (quads)

Here is the low poly. It's exactly 2k polys (brief max requirements)

...And textured 1k modular:

And finally, the realtime render; The fence, floor and sky are UDK presets.

Marney1
I love this thread, creativity is a fine thing.
DuPz0r
Here is a low poly in-game model i'm doing of an old sub interior. still need quite alot of work, but i thought i may as well post my progress.

Marney1
@DuPz0r You need to update your bio to show you've got experience working with the likes of the Unreal Engine etc. Just saying. wink.gif
DuPz0r
Yeah true, i've neglected my portfolio page for a while. i just bought my domain
CODE
www.chrisbush.co.uk
but don't have a host yet. But i will hopefully get a nice flashy website up and running at some point.

Here is a construction Shot of my finished level:

And here is a playable in-game version which took me ages to import it all. i still need to work on the texture setup and lighting a bit more, but meh for now.
Marney1
Was the .com taken?
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Dec 14 2010, 06:10 PM) *
Was the .com taken?

Nah it wasn't, it was just five times more expensive lol.
ctlfreak
its been so long since i was here, you have gotten so much better, not saying u sucked or anything, but wow your work is getting better by leaps and bounds every model i see. awesome job.

hell i may need to hire you for some backgrounds for plate shots on some movie stuff ive got in the works
DuPz0r
Here is a self portrait i had to do as a project for Uni. I'm pretty weak at character modelling, but this is the best I've done so far i guess.

TreeFitty
^creepy....
Marney1
Actually, that's a pretty good likeness. It could do with some tweaks but I'm not knocking it, it just proves your work is progressing. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.