Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DuPz' Corner!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Media & Graphics
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
TreeFitty
QUOTE (E_Z @ Feb 28 2010, 03:55 PM) *
Dup, I demand you animate me a Giant robot.

Or you can go to college and become an engineer to make your own giant robots.
Marney1
I have a mate who works on the rigs and I'm just wondering why you're making a character like that. You got a story behind this or what?
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 28 2010, 03:56 PM) *
QUOTE (E_Z @ Feb 28 2010, 03:55 PM) *
Dup, I demand you animate me a Giant robot.

Or you can go to college and become an engineer to make your own giant robots.

That's what I plan on doing.

Seriously, I want to work in robotics.
Marney1
Dup' if you ever make a robot for Fanboy I'll never forgive you.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I just want to see how his idea of a Giant Mech would look.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (marney1 @ Feb 28 2010, 08:57 PM) *
I have a mate who works on the rigs and I'm just wondering why you're making a character like that. You got a story behind this or what?

Yeah i came up with a vague narrative for the character. He's an oilrig worker who enjoys to wrestle with his friends. That's why he's going to be stocky. I was thinking about a zombie attack on an oil rig because of there being no escape from it straight away. I dunno just an idea. We just had to come up with an original game character design...
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Feb 28 2010, 09:01 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Feb 28 2010, 08:57 PM) *

Yeah i came up with a vague narrative for the character. He's an oilrig worker who enjoys to wrestle with his friends. That's why he's going to be stocky. I was thinking about a zombie attack on an oil rig because of there being no escape from it straight away. I dunno just an idea. We just had to come up with an original game character design...

What like he could be fending them off until the helicopters arrive or something?
TreeFitty
sounds good for the end. and they have to move from one rig to the next to get ammo/health during the onslaught.
Marney1
Hey Dup' - dunno if you've seen these before but they're likely to interest you more than most.

There's more on YouTube.
DuPz0r
Cool, thanks. I'll have a watch through them.

Oh yeah here is a silhouette of my character design. I'll post my final concept image once I've finished it.
Marney1
I have one of those ^ just not as big tongue.gif although you can actually buy them.
TreeFitty
my fire company has one or two. never gets used.
DuPz0r
Still not complete but here is my concept image:

An Oil Rig Worker Named Collin McClavin
He Wrestles with his friends, and had Scottish heritage.

More progress on my model:

Marney1
YMCA

Sorry couldn't resist!
DuPz0r
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 1 2010, 10:17 PM) *
YMCA

Sorry couldn't resist!

XD.png He does look rather appealing to the gay type!
Marney1
Nintendo PowerGloves FTW!
TreeFitty
he's got a big....... wrench.

in his pants.
DuPz0r
More progress. I've added his clothes. But they havent been fully modeled just yet. I will be adjusting the whole model unitl i get the shape i want, then i'll be texturing, and rigging it next week, so i can pose him.

My poly count is 5,750 odd at the moment. So i still have a good 250 polys to adjust things like the pants and boots which look a little shit at the moment.

TreeFitty
yeah his pants need a little adjustment. looks like he has pants filled with air or something. tongue.gif More wrinkles/crumpling near his boots.
DuPz0r
Damn i'm jealous. My teacher got another email from a member of Rockstar North. He loved the animators in our Uni, said they were some of the best in the country atm. Two of them now have jobs there. Now they want character and environment artists! I wish i was a third year right now, working on the next GTA would be amazing.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Mar 7 2010, 03:07 PM) *
Damn i'm jealous. My teacher got another email from a member of Rockstar North. He loved the animators in our Uni, said they were some of the best in the country atm. Two of them now have jobs there. Now they want character and environment artists! I wish i was a third year right now, working on the next GTA would be amazing.

There, there, Dup. Myself and others are more than certain you'll end up there eventually. smile.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Mar 7 2010, 08:07 PM) *

If you did manage to get that dream job of yours would you give us little hints in the Gold Forum?
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 8 2010, 01:09 AM) *

If you did manage to get that dream job of yours would you give us little hints in the Gold Forum?

Probably not. I wouldn't want to risk losing my dream job now would i wink.gif
Zacko
*Checks in

Yep, Dupz0rs still talented.

*Walks back out
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Mar 8 2010, 09:47 AM) *
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 8 2010, 01:09 AM) *

Probably not. I wouldn't want to risk losing my dream job now would i wink.gif

Obviosly but if we asked you a question would you risk saying NO or MAYBE?
TreeFitty
just use code words like "The weather is nice" for yes" tongue.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 8 2010, 10:12 PM) *
just use code words like "The weather is nice" for yes" tongue.gif

Q: Is the next protagonist a gypsy?
A: No. Yes
DuPz0r
A. No smile.gif

Here is where i'm at with my character unwrapping. It took me ages to figue out how to flaten the entire body ready to texture!

DuPz0r
I decided to rethink my characters look a little. I wanted him to be a little fatter. So I've done this. I then put it through zbrush for the first time... Not very good but i'm just practicing at the moment.

Base mesh, 5985 poly's:

Zbrush attempt:
Marney1
The body looks excellent and a bit more realistic than the usual six pack we see.
TreeFitty
last pic looks like wax or something. o_O
DuPz0r
Yeah that's how things look when you model them in zbrush. But it wont be like that once i texture it smile.gif

That waxy one was only a test model tbh. I want to practice at digital clay modeling some more
i only have 2 or 3 weeks and this has to be handed in :S
DuPz0r
I'm still working on my textures, but this is how the model is looking so far.

Marney1
Well, he's beginning to look like a believable rig worker. What else are you planning to add? Looks finished to me.
DuPz0r
Quick update on the monkey wrench:
TreeFitty
Wrench looks good. I think the guy needs more oil stains.
DuPz0r
Here is my character a little bit more polished. I still need to texture the gloves, boots and fix up the vest. Then i get to do the fun bit... Rig, Skin, and Pose my character sad.gif looooong!

TreeFitty
In the first one the shirt kind of blends into his skin. Especially around the neck. Needs more oil stains and spots all over imo.
DuPz0r
yeah i know. I was gonna work on that soon. I did say "fix up the vest":) It's just something annoying with the map layouts. They dont line up properly, so i have to keep guessing where the end of the vest is and the beginning of the skin is. :S
DuPz0r
I've posed him at last, after a torturous rigging session!

I may go back and fix some of the textures before i set it up for a showreel.
TreeFitty
laugh.gif in that first one i'm expecting a z-snap and "nuh-uh!"
DuPz0r
Here is the video for my first hand it.
http://www.vimeo.com/10322826

The next hand in is animation test. So i have to tweak the rig to ensure i get a good smooth walk.

TreeFitty
House music ftw. Can't wait to see the guy in action.
DuPz0r
So after a grueling time working on this comic book project the last two days, i thought i should at least post my efforts.

I didn't sleep for two days!
Massacre
Personally, I would've offed Max and given dear ol' Dad his own monthly series.
TreeFitty
^I'm surprised you didn't kidnap Dup for the iGTA webcomic. tongue.gif or am I speaking too soon?

good stuff btw Dup.
Massacre
He never poked his head into my topics. Besides, if my three attempts at a webcomic are any indication, even if I could get him to agree to work on one, it would be forgotten overnight. The webcomic will never happen. Ever.
Marney1
Great work Dup' I especially like the ninja with the laser beam stare!
TreeFitty
I think that's supposed to be the light shining through at his face foolish (7).gif
Massacre
He knows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.