Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your First Impressions
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA IV Series > Ballad Of Gay Tony
PabloHoneyOle
Alright, the BoGT has been released. What are your first impressions? How far have you gotten and what have you liked/hated so far?

I'll post mine shortly, just wanted to get the thread started.
TreeFitty
apparently gtaruler isn't too fond of it, by the sound of his status... i wanna here what he has to say.

edit: nevermind, read it as "it was shit" but he said "it was THE shit". i need sleep.
Massacre
Fucking epic. Had some trouble with aiming in the Sexy Time mission, but that's about it.
OptimumPx
Very colorful.

Is it just me, or do the cars handle differently in the BoGT then in the normal game for LaD?
Massacre
I guess along with Johnny handling bikes differently, they made him slightly different with cars as well? With the differences in movement, running speed, etc. between the characters, it makes sense they all handle vehicles differently, too.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Oct 30 2009, 03:41 PM) *
Very colorful.

Is it just me, or do the cars handle differently in the BoGT then in the normal game for LaD?

I noticed the driving was much smoother too. I thought it was just me and my mad skills. They probably don't hurt.
DANNY B0Y
I played it at my cousin's house - FUCKING IMMENSE!! I'm definetely getting EFLC this Christmas. Haven't played LaD yet.
The Awesome One
Fantastic. Cant get off it now. Im also stuck on sexy time, but im gonna keep trying.
Massacre
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 31 2009, 08:08 AM) *
Fantastic. Cant get off it now. Im also stuck on sexy time, but im gonna keep trying.

Yeah. A reticule would've been nice.
Tranque
Awesome, realistic (in reference to how they portrayed the characters), and overthetop at the same time.

It has my Homosexual Stamp of Approval.

And the music is kickass.
DuffMan
Bought it because I had a few hours to kill, already completed the main story.

What an expansion pack tongue.gif Love the new weapons, cars, and of course the new features... can't wait to do some aerial displays in free mode - apparently you can pop smoke when you're parachuting which should be pretty awesome. Also did the Fighters Club thing, boy that was hard. Had to resort to some cheap tactics to get that out the way. The new music is brilliant, and I'm glad we finally got to kill Bulgarin tongue.gif And Tony didn't leave LC in the end. It's a much better ending than Lost and Damned. Now to do the Drug Deals and Base Jumps, and anything else I've totally forgotten about. Sod getting 100% in all the missions though. Roll on GTA5.
Tranque
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Oct 31 2009, 09:26 PM) *

What an expansion pack tongue.gif Love the new weapons, cars, and of course the new features... can't wait to do some aerial displays in free mode - apparently you can pop smoke when you're parachuting which should be pretty awesome. Also did the Fighters Club thing, boy that was hard. Had to resort to some cheap tactics to get that out the way. The new music is brilliant, and I'm glad we finally got to kill Bulgarin tongue.gif And Tony didn't leave LC in the end. It's a much better ending than Lost and Damned. Now to do the Drug Deals and Base Jumps, and anything else I've totally forgotten about. Sod getting 100% in all the missions though. Roll on GTA5.

Well it doesn't even matter if he leaves or not because apparrently he drops off of the face of the earth in the end. I can't even call or hangout with him.
The Awesome One
Ive just done Caught with your pants down. I cant rush through this game like you lot. So many activities. This is a lot better than GTA4.
DuffMan
QUOTE (Tranque @ Oct 31 2009, 09:32 PM) *
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Oct 31 2009, 09:26 PM) *

Well it doesn't even matter if he leaves or not because apparrently he drops off of the face of the earth in the end. I can't even call or hangout with him.

Obviously, but I prefer a happy ending...
The Awesome One
I just done "for the man who has everything". This, and Bularginsmissions are the best ive played yet.
ThomasH
I think this is the best DLC for ANY game to date.

The only thing I don't like is the safehouse thing, I would love to have a penthouse at the end of the story, instead of the same house I'm in now..

9/10
The Awesome One
Completed BOGT.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.