Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saint's Row 2
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
PabloHoneyOle
I know I'm late to the party, but I just recently picked this up. What are your opinions?

Not really looking for a comparison to GTA4, but if that's how you form your opinion; go right ahead.
The Awesome One
Sell it off, now! It is so crap. The glitches get in your face all the time. I stopped at 30%. Couldnt take it.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 26 2009, 03:28 PM) *
Sell it off, now! It is so crap. The glitches get in your face all the time. I stopped at 30%. Couldnt take it.

What's your gamertag?
bOnEs
it's fun man! it was worth the $60 IMO, i still play it every now and then... and you probably got it cheaper than that... the co-op mode is fun, i had more fun roaming around the city doing missions with friends than i did in single-player... the environment, city, cars and physics are not as good as GTAIV... not even close really... but, it's got that old arcade feel to it, similar to vice city and san andreas... and there's lots of stuff to do... the main selling point of this game is customization... cars, cribs, clothes, character... all of it is customizable... and the missions offer up quite a variety of things to do... even the side missions are all quite unique... fuzz, insurance fraud, sanitation, etc...

i think you'll like it stoic... find out if anyone on your buddy list has the game too... it's fun to play with someone else...
Massacre
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 26 2009, 03:28 PM) *

Ignore him...

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 26 2009, 04:46 PM) *
it's fun man! it was worth the $60 IMO, i still play it every now and then... and you probably got it cheaper than that... the co-op mode is fun, i had more fun roaming around the city doing missions with friends than i did in single-player... the environment, city, cars and physics are not as good as GTAIV... not even close really... but, it's got that old arcade feel to it, similar to vice city and san andreas... and there's lots of stuff to do... the main selling point of this game is customization... cars, cribs, clothes, character... all of it is customizable... and the missions offer up quite a variety of things to do... even the side missions are all quite unique... fuzz, insurance fraud, sanitation, etc...

i think you'll like it stoic... find out if anyone on your buddy list has the game too... it's fun to play with someone else...

... Listen to him.

This game is good, just don't go into it expecting a great story. If you're interested, I found a great formula to make your character look like CJ.
The Awesome One
If you were into SA, and missed the SA features from IV, you will like this. If you didnt miss the features, then you will like this. I liked some parts, but mostly I hated it. Some people like it, some people dont. IMO, there are more low points then high points in the game.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 07:14 PM) *
This game is good, just don't go into it expecting a great story. If you're interested, I found a great formula to make your character look like CJ.

not a great story but, it had ridiculous, over-the-top, michael bay-esque missions though... it's like a glorified san andreas... basically making fun of itself at times...

man, i went character creating crazy with this game... here's some of the characters i made:

- hunter s. thompson from fear and loathing in las vegas...

- smokey from friday...

- walter sobchak from the big lebowski...

if you can think of them, you can make them... it's as simple as that...
Massacre
I've spent a fair amount of time playing as myself, and I was Hulk Hogan briefly, and at some point I was Otis from The Devil's Rejects.
Pieface
Can get a little repetitive at times, but a good fun game.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 07:42 PM) *
I've spent a fair amount of time playing as myself, and I was Hulk Hogan briefly, and at some point I was Otis from The Devil's Rejects.

yea, i still got myself as a character too... he's more like me if i was a wigga laugh.gif... but, he looks like me biggrin.gif...
Handsome B Wonderful
I liked it, but it could have been better. The ending was pretty shittastic. Still, i could create a g-string wearing gangster trannie, and gaming doesn't get any better than that.
PabloHoneyOle
I sat down and played for like 5 hours straight last night. I did the first 8 missions or so, a ton of the shit spraying, ho-ing (the most sexual minigame I have ever played), some FUZZ, pimping and I got two helicopters on the roof of my safe house. I did a lot of exploring; finding out shop locations and discovering the activities available. I didn't get into anything TOO CRAZY (other than the shit spraying and fucking in a toilet) last night, but I see how quick money is starting to stack up and how certain "perks" are unlocking with the completion of missions and activities. I'm looking forward to playing this more, just wish I hadn't started before Gay Tony comes out (no pun intended).
bOnEs
it just sucks you in man... it's that good... i recall a few 8 hour sessions of playing this game... did you do the bodyguard side-mission yet? lol, there's one that has you on a rooftop and... well... you'll see it when you play... i couldn't believe you can do that laugh.gif...

if you ever get a boat, there's some hidden islands to check out as well, a ways away from the main island... lots of "easter" eggs out there for sure...
PabloHoneyOle
Don't worry about spoilers. I don't give a shit. I'd rather have motivation to keep exploring. Let me know what happens.
I've done some checking into the Easter Eggs and will probably get to the boats later on.

Also, is the old Saint's Row 2 thread from GTA4.tv still accessible? I thought there was a wealth of information in there.
bOnEs
ok, in the bodyguard missions, you have to throw rowdy fans into paddy wagons but, the one on the rooftop, you can just throw them over the edge laugh.gif... nothing like sending a crazy fan 10 stories to his death laugh.gif...

you should check out the islands at least once... i can't remember how to do it but, there's a GIANT easter bunny you can get to come out from under the water... it's hilarious laugh.gif...

http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/forums/inde...howtopic=786394

there was a lot of talk in there... but, i can't remember if any of it was good or not laugh.gif... check it out, might find some interesting things in there...
Handsome B Wonderful
Shit, i didn't get around to finding the easter eggs. I'll get around to doing it eventually.

Massacre
I was playing this last night, too. First time I noticed that the in-game billboards update to advertise upcoming real-life movies.

Stoic, you picked up the hot dog suit yet? It's pretty epic running around slashing people with a katana while dressed as a hot dog.
PabloHoneyOle
No hotdog suit yet. Where do I get it?

I've been looking for a good wiki or something comparable to the Fallout Wiki that has all of this information. No such luck.
The Awesome One
The best part of this game is the mini games for me. Fight club is my favorite, but celeb protecting is cool too. And looking like a complete idiot as you walk down the street.

I think you can get the hotdog suit in that underground mall. Theres a fancy dress shop in there full of crazy shit.
Massacre
There's a mall on the Northern island, West of the group of shops consisting of a jewelry store, high-end clothing shop, and a nightclub. I think the third mission for the Sons of Samedi, where Shaundi is kidnapped, brings you to the club in question. The mall is just West of it. Inside (either through the front entrance or the garage in the back) you will find three stores: Leather and Lace (slutty leather clothing), which is on the floor above you, to the left of the entrance, Let's Pretend (costumes) is on the opposite end of the entrance floor, and Nobody Love Me (emo and goth shit, some other stuff), which is to the right of the entrance, you'll pass it on the way out after visiting Let's Pretend.

I know those directions suck, but this map isn't as clean as Liberty City, and I don't know it as well.
PabloHoneyOle
Headed there as soon as the wife lets me on the fucking TV.
Massacre
I don't mean to interfere with your personal life, but I've found that violence usually gets me what I want.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 27 2009, 11:22 PM) *
Headed there as soon as the wife lets me on the fucking TV.

Let her play with you. Ends all arguments for me.

As you can see, my opinion on this game is slowly changing. Maybe at the end of this topic I will love this game more then Grand Theft Auto. Easter egg hunting on this is fun. Currently looking for the army base and the bunny island.
bOnEs
secret army base? i don't remember that one huh.gif...

that giant bunny is hilarious... but, i couldn't begin telling you how to do it... but, i did find this wiki site... i'm not sure how helpful it is because, i doubt it's as extensive as the fallout wiki but, here ya go...

http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

i found a page on the easter bunny but, i didn't find any clues as to how to get there... i bet the gameFAQS.com community boards will provide more help on this subject...

EDIT: i ought to fire this up and show off some of the characters i created one of these days...
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 27 2009, 07:40 PM) *
secret army base? i don't remember that one huh.gif...

that giant bunny is hilarious... but, i couldn't begin telling you how to do it... but, i did find this wiki site... i'm not sure how helpful it is because, i doubt it's as extensive as the fallout wiki but, here ya go...

http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

i found a page on the easter bunny but, i didn't find any clues as to how to get there... i bet the gameFAQS.com community boards will provide more help on this subject...

EDIT: i ought to fire this up and show off some of the characters i created one of these days...

I got the bunny. Just head out to see until you find some uncharted islands, one will have an arrow pointing you in the right direction, then just follow that to another, and another etc. until you come to one with a cross-like thingy on it.

Where did my other comment go?
The Awesome One
The base is a ultor military base *shock, horror* called the pyramid. It is on the left of the stadium, about a block away from it. Its not a secret, so im guessing further into the game there is a mission that takes you there.
Massacre
There is. It's one of the final three missions.
PabloHoneyOle
I spent a good 5.5 hours glued to my television last night.

Completed the Septic Avenger missions; the ho-ing (got my pimp suit); a few of the Stronghold missions; some regular missions and did a shitton of shopping.

I found the mall and got the hot dog costume; the murderer outfit; and the ninja outfit which made my guy end up looking like Deadpool thanks to my color scheme; especially holding dual uzis or whatever they are called in the game.

Anyway, I like the game very much. It's everything GTAIV isn't. Which is very refreshing, I might add. I like the element of customization, especially the ability to change clothes colors, upgrade pads, etc. The missions are pretty good, even though the story is pure shit. I do find it pretty amazing how well my custom character looks during the cutscenes. Graphics are much better than I expected. The driving is fun and very arcade-ish which again is a nice change in pace from GTAIV and makes getting from point A to B pretty enjoyable. I like the gang/police meter and how the cops don't really give a shit if you're taking down gang members. It's all good stuff. I'll be looking forward to coming back to it after I get finished with BoGT... it's not THAT good.
bOnEs
yea, the customization had me wasting hours upon hours, bouncing back and forth between stores, trying to find the right pair of pants laugh.gif... as far as the story goes it is shitty but, have you noticed how they are basically making fun of themselves?? that's what made the story refreshing to me... they know it's ridiculous so, they try to make it even more ridiculous laugh.gif... but yea, your character flow seamlessly in the cut-scenes... he/she really feels like a part of saint's row... do you got some purple in your clothes? you gotta reprezent, homie...

EDIT: wait until you get the pimp cane, stoic... it doubles as a shotgun biggrin.gif... so you can pimp 'round, and blast some fools too...
The Awesome One
Do I try to get to 50% now before BOGT or do I say goodbye to GTA4?
Massacre
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 28 2009, 03:40 PM) *
and the ninja outfit which made my guy end up looking like Deadpool thanks to my color scheme; especially holding dual uzis or whatever they are called in the game.

I've never thought of that. I'll have to try it later.

Funny how Stoic mentions he got this game and suddenly I'm playing it again and SvR '10 is forgotten about.
Skinny 
I only really find this game enjoyable when I'm talking to my friends and I'm blowing up cars to keep my hands busy. I could never play it on my own.
DANNY B0Y
Completed all the strongholds and missions, activities, most of the collectables, half the stunt jumps and just barnstorming stunts left.

I'm looking for the secret areas - I've found Elysian Field Pipes (whatever it's called), the Phillips Building and Ultor Memorial.

The thing is, some people want realism. If you want to be in a world where anything can happen, play SR2. If you want realism, I suggest IV.
DANNY B0Y
Anyone completed the Tow Truck diversion? It's really fucking annoying and it's the only one left for me to get the "Blue Collar" Achievement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.