Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Famous People Have You Met Or Know?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Marney1
Not everyone will be familiar with these just as I won't be familiar with some of yours. But here goes......

Steve McMahon (Liverpool FC) came to my brothers best friends house after the Hillsborough tragedy to give support to the family after his death.

Ronnie Whealan (Liverpool FC) was with Steve McMahon and is now a regular drinking partner of mine.

Steve Harris (Iron Maiden bassist) at Liverpool Royal Court Theatre in 1990 just before concert started.

The Duchess of Kent - When I first left school I started a mechanics course and she came to the training centre.

Pete Best (original drummer with the Beatles) he was my dads landlord when he lived at 8 Haymans Green, West Derby in Liverpool which is home to the Casbah Coffe Club (basement) where the Beatles started. He asked me to paint the cellar for him ready for the North West Battle of the Bands competition. Still see him now and again in the area.

Jan Molby (Liverpool FC) he used to be a regular drinking partner of my dads.

Paul Gascoigne (when he played for Everton FC) had a wild drinking session with him in my local pub.

Duncan Ferguson (with Gazza ^) and still comes in now and again.

John Thompson (actor - The Fast Show, now in Coronation Street) bumped into him almost knocking him over while getting my bag off the carousal in Manchester Airport.

Johnny Vegas (comedian now in Benidorm TV show) bumped into the fat bastard sending him sprwling on the floor while in B&Q St.Helens, he was buying locks and chains.

Heidi Range (Suga Babes singer) fitted her mums central heating system and had to fit a radiator in her bedroom, she was still in bed worn out from the Liverpool Summer Pops festival and she looked a bit worse for wear.

Ricky Thomlinson (The Royle Family) met him in a local timber yard and discussed the shoddy service of the staff.

Jody Latham (Shameless) went drinking together in Liverpool city centre after finishing a friends movie.

David Yip (Indiana Jones) ^

Leo Gregory (Mark of Cain) ^

Huggy Bear (Starsky & Hutch) drank together in Manchester Airport for 3 hours.

There's a few more which may spring to mind that I can't think of right now but I'm friends/related with a few sports personalities but mentioning them could reveal my real identity here on iGrandTheftAuto.com so I won't mention them.

Also met numerous politicians and and shit like that.
Massacre
The only person from your list I've heard of is Steve Harris.

I haven't met anyone.
The Awesome One
I meet the Chelsea squad a lot being a season ticket holder. I run into a lot of celebs who like footie at the Bridge as well. Tim Lovejoy is a family friend.

River
I've met and know a shitload of musicians that are famous (i'm also a musician) and have had them loan me equipment to record with, and let them borrow my stuff. i'm not too much into name dropping. (and one of you fucks will probably try to find out who i am if you were to meet the people i mentioned one day! haha) lets just say a lot of musicians.
TreeFitty
some of the guys from clerks:
Jason Mewes - was at a bagel shop where my bus during middle school stopped.
Brian O'Halloran - Cluck U Chicken in Red Bank

other random stuff:
Mel Gibson/Jodie Foster were filming in DUMBO a couple weeks ago but I just saw them during a shoot, didn't meet them.
My mother knows the mother of some soccer player from the Metrostars. can't remember his name but I got a bunch of signed pics from him sitting at home.

that's about it for me.
PabloHoneyOle
I know a lot of professional surfers and like an above poster, I'm not into name dropping. Most of them are from Cocoa Beach or the surrounding area, like me.
OptimumPx
I sold Ron White a doughnut.
Seeen
Penn and Teller. On a tour of the Jay Leno studios.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Uh, I can't really be bothered with a full list, but I met Cheryl Cole the other week, and Gordon Strachan. Dylan Moran used to buy wine from the Threshers I worked at, I met Jim Watson once and Dominic Diamond lives next door to my parents.

Anyone who hasn't heard of the latter should be ashamed to own a videogame. If you haven't heard of the second last, you should be ashamed to have DNA.
Massacre
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Oct 25 2009, 11:10 AM) *
Uh, I can't really be bothered with a full list, but I met Cheryl Cole the other week, and Gordon Strachan. Dylan Moran used to buy wine from the Threshers I worked at, I met Jim Watson once and Dominic Diamond lives next door to my parents.

Anyone who hasn't heard of the latter should be ashamed to own a videogame. If you haven't heard of the second last, you should be ashamed to have DNA.

Americans can disregard this.
Pieface
I've not really met anyone famous, unlike my Dad >_>

I met Tim and Amir from Protest The Hero though.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Dean Cain, before he was an attention whore.

And Jackie Chan. There's a mansion up the street from me where they shoot a lot of movies. They shot scenes from The tuxedo and Batman there
koneko
Henry Winkler, the girlfriend from Clerks, the guy from Repo. I crashed the green room at Dragon*Con, but I didn't recognize anyone.
Handsome B Wonderful
Andrew Stockdale (Wolfmother) went to my high school. His band sucks, though.

I've met variour rugby league players, but no one here would know of them.

Like others in this topic, my parents have met all the famous people. My dad met Peter Tosh ffs. sad.gif
Kamahl
ive met a lot of famous people, but they are "local celebrities" so no one here would know them... My aunt knows football players Pizarro (Werder Bremen) and Guerrero (Hamburg 04) though
Massacre
QUOTE (koneko @ Oct 25 2009, 10:19 PM) *
Henry Winkler, the girlfriend from Clerks, the guy from Repo. I crashed the green room at Dragon*Con, but I didn't recognize anyone.

The current or ex?
OptimumPx
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 12:27 AM) *

The current or ex?

To be fair, weren't they both exs by the end of the movie?
deathallapple00
so unlucky ,i have never met any of them.
koneko
She was Veronica.
Pieface
QUOTE (Sebek @ Oct 26 2009, 03:00 AM) *
Like others in this topic, my parents have met all the famous people. My dad met Peter Tosh ffs. sad.gif

My dads had breakfast with Richard Branson, had lunch with the England Cricket team when they were having lunch in the changing rooms and he's met loads of football players.
koneko
My dad (a rabbi), a priest, and a minister were all hanging out in a bar together waiting to meet President Bush. They did, much was accomplished, and everyone had a lovely time.

Nothing terribly funny happened.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (koneko @ Oct 26 2009, 06:52 AM) *
My dad (a rabbi), a priest, and a minister were all hanging out in a bar together waiting to meet President Bush. They did, much was accomplished, and everyone had a lovely time.

Are you really Jewish?
Massacre
QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Oct 26 2009, 01:08 AM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 12:27 AM) *

The current or ex?

To be fair, weren't they both exs by the end of the movie?

Touche.

QUOTE (koneko @ Oct 26 2009, 06:29 AM) *
She was Veronica.

Props would have been awarded if you'd met Caitlin. Perhaps even "mad" props.
PabloHoneyOle
I've also met a lot of famous comedians from my times bartending at local comedy club.

Smoked blunts with quite a few of them as well. RIP Mitch Hedburg.
Leon Kennedy
I agree with a previous poster about name-dropping. I'll just say that I've met various sports, musical, and comedic celebrities of varying degree of celebrity status.
Massacre
Not name dropping pretty much defeats the purpose of the topic...
Leon Kennedy
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 11:28 AM) *

Won't argue that as you are correct. But name-dropping makes one seem petty and immature. It's all about "hey, look at me, I met so-and-so, so I'm hella cooler than you are". And who the fuck cares.
Massacre
QUOTE (Marilyn.Manson @ Oct 26 2009, 12:31 PM) *

Won't argue that as you are correct. But name-dropping makes one seem petty and immature. It's all about "hey, look at me, I met so-and-so, so I'm hella cooler than you are". And who the fuck cares.

Only if you intend for it to come off that way. I mean, if you just go around saying you met these people without anyone asking, yeah, you're kind of a douchebag, but this topic is actually asking you who you've met. It's pretty much the only time when name dropping is okay, to be honest.

But if you don't want to say, I can't say I really care, just trying to help the topic out.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 04:42 PM) *
QUOTE (Marilyn.Manson @ Oct 26 2009, 12:31 PM) *

Only if you intend for it to come off that way. I mean, if you just go around saying you met these people without anyone asking, yeah, you're kind of a douchebag, but this topic is actually asking you who you've met. It's pretty much the only time when name dropping is okay, to be honest.

But if you don't want to say, I can't say I really care, just trying to help the topic out.

LOL ^ Non of whom I've met or know benefit my life for the better in any way and I've never gone out of my way to meet a famous person because that is just sad. Some people are stalkers and some just bump (literaly in my case) into famous people once in a blue moon. It's about who you've met or know not who you want to butt fuck.
koneko
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 26 2009, 08:32 AM) *

Are you really Jewish?

Technically, yes... I thought that was old news.
Marney1
QUOTE (koneko @ Oct 26 2009, 05:31 PM) *

Are you really Jewish?

No.....it's new, but not shocking.
Massacre
She must have mentioned it before marney's arrival and the dawn of The Age of Stoic.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 05:49 PM) *
She must have mentioned it before marney's arrival and the dawn of The Age of Stoic.

My thoughts exactly when I noticed she's been here since '05.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Pieface @ Oct 26 2009, 10:39 AM) *
QUOTE (Sebek @ Oct 26 2009, 03:00 AM) *

My dads had breakfast with Richard Branson, had lunch with the England Cricket team when they were having lunch in the changing rooms and he's met loads of football players.

My Dad is selling Harry Rednapp a horse.
TreeFitty
for some reason i can see koneko being jewish. it almost fits for some odd reason. unsure.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (koneko @ Oct 26 2009, 01:31 PM) *

Are you really Jewish?

I suppose I forgot. My sincerest apologies.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 01:49 PM) *

I think I remember the conversation from a while back, I checked and she is on "Stoiclinder's List".

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Oct 26 2009, 03:40 PM) *
for some reason i can see koneko being jewish. it almost fits for some odd reason. unsure.gif

Lack of morals and sexual boundaries?
Marney1
If all jews looked like Koneko - I'd make sweet love to all of them............females only.
koneko
If all jews looked like me, you wouldn't know the difference until it was too late.
Marney1
QUOTE (koneko @ Oct 26 2009, 08:32 PM) *
If all jews looked like me, you wouldn't know the difference until it was too late.

Uh? Too late for what what?

I did actually take the virginity of a jew many years ago, didn't know she was jewish at the time but I got a tangy piss taste from going down on her, wasn't nice. Not saying I expect all jewish girls to taste like that I'm sure you wash well.

Hope that didn't come across crude in any way but it's true. ^
koneko
Umm... thanks?
TreeFitty
so just lick her ass first so the front won't be as bad.

edit: holy shit this topic got off track... o.O
Marney1
Oh fuck, I hope I haven't fell out with Koneko. huh.gif
koneko
I honestly never cared that much, but it's cute that you do. smile.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (koneko @ Oct 26 2009, 09:07 PM) *
I honestly never cared that much, but it's cute that you do. smile.gif

Thank you Koko, I would never upset you intentionally. blush.gif
Massacre
Is this what happens when I'm not around?
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 07:25 PM) *
Is this what happens when I'm not around?

that was but a taste. you would suicide if you knew everything that goes on while you are away.
Massacre
I suicided last week. So, what else happens?
TreeFitty
mellow.gif
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 25 2009, 04:43 PM) *

Americans do not need to know the most important Nobel Prize winner in history -- this is trivial, they have NASCAR to worry about.

QUOTE (Marilyn.Manson @ Oct 26 2009, 04:31 PM) *

Honestly, it's a name-dropping topic, get off your high horse or don't post...
Massacre
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Oct 26 2009, 09:08 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 25 2009, 04:43 PM) *

Americans do not need to know the most important Nobel Prize winner in history -- this is trivial, they have NASCAR to worry about.

Did I miss something? Which of those two is a Nobel Prize winner?

Actually, my apologies. You said Jim Watson rather than James Watson, which confused me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.