Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guinness World Record for GTAIV
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA IV Series > GTA IV
PabloHoneyOle
http://www.zeenews.com/news572034.html

Chirantan Patnaik has successfully broken the current world record made by a US citizen last year for the longest continuous play session on 'Grand Theft Auto IV' of 28 hours and 1 minute.

An official of Guinness World Records told reporters from London that Patnaik's endeavour, made in the presence of independent observers and under public scrutiny last month, was recently verified by them.

"The longest continuous play session on Grand Theft Auto IV
is 40 hours 20 minutes, by Chirantan Patnaik (India), at the offices of the gaming blog NeuralChaos.com from 4-6 September 2009," Karolina Thelin, PR executive of Guinness World Records said.

With support from from online gaming portal Zapak.com, Patnaik began playing the game at his Mumbai residence from 10 am on September 4 and ended at around 2 am on September 6.

That said, what's the longest you've sat and played GTAIV in one continuous setting. You can check this under your stats menu.

I think mine is just shy of five hours. But I also have a life.
Massacre
I'm rocking 18, but I could easily smash this guy's record if I hadn't given up hard drugs. On second thought, I think I could break it either way.
PabloHoneyOle
I think ADD prevents me from marathon gaming. Or my sex drive.
Massacre
I'd just have to make sure I kept caffeinated during the marathon. Caffeine crashing sucks.
OptimumPx
I didn't know there was a Guinness Record for a specific video game. o_O
anomalous_result
QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Oct 21 2009, 06:41 PM) *

Yeah, the fastest speed run ever for Half-Life 2 is 1hr 36min 57secs achieved by the “Half-Life 2 done Quick” team on 8 March 2006.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (anomalous_result @ Oct 21 2009, 02:08 PM) *
QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Oct 21 2009, 06:41 PM) *

Yeah, the fastest speed run ever for Half-Life 2 is 1hr 36min 57secs achieved by the “Half-Life 2 done Quick” team on 8 March 2006.

That's ridiculous.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 21 2009, 05:44 PM) *
Or my sex drive.

I didn't get one of those with my ps3, just a standard blu-ray drive.

Mine is probably about 12 hours.
The Awesome One
Mine was around 67 hours when I first got the game.

Edit:6-7 hours not 67 hours.
TreeFitty
8 hours + whatever minutes was my longest. even that was a stretch for me.
Pieface
Why not just leave the game on for that long. Unless someone watched over you for 28 hours, it's so easy to beat the record without even being at the controller.
TreeFitty
but then you don't get a guinness world record for continuous PLAY time, which is why they whored their life into doing this.
Massacre
QUOTE (Pieface @ Oct 30 2009, 07:02 PM) *
Why not just leave the game on for that long. Unless someone watched over you for 28 hours, it's so easy to beat the record without even being at the controller.

Guinness is required to have someone watch you the entire time until the record is beaten. That excludes food and piss breaks, which is bullshit because on all of my marathons, I've eaten while playing, and I never need to use the restroom more than twice a day...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.