Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What setting do you want?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA V > GTA 5
Pages: 1, 2, 3
GTARuler
I know there’s a thread for what you want in GTA 5 but I wanted to see specifically what setting people want it to be set in, so vote what you want and reply with any details you want to add. thumbup.gif
Massacre
I went with Vice City, but I probably should've nulled. I'd be happy with any of these. Maybe not London, but that's really only because I'm not familiar with it.
The Awesome One
I want London. Its about time they done a city outta America, and London is the perfect one. I would like to see R* come up with jokes aimed at America instead of jokes aimed at England.
TreeFitty
voted #4. i wouldn't mind VC or SA. not so much london. but i'd definitely like to see some new places.
The Awesome One
I would love to have San Andreas, but only if it was done properly. So not a massive change to the city in 10 years. You know, little bit here, little bit there.
Marney1
Voted for an all new setting because I give up on there being a new Vice City.

I'd just like it to be a surprise, I think we can trust R* will do the right thing and that we'll love it anyway.
Swiift
I voted London.
Next GTA should either be set in London or Paris, either would be perfect.
DANNY B0Y
I'd say Vice City because they could make really better by modelling it like Miami. San Andreas, maybe, but I don't know. London, it would be time they did one on a city outside America and I'd like to see how they'd remodel the landmarks, especially Leicester Sq and London Eye, but I don't know how it'd fit. I don't know how R* would be able to make up a new city without old concepts and ideas, but they might pull it off. Bids in for Vice City!
GLC
I'd be fine with any of those, tbh.
OptimumPx
I'm thinking an iconic US city they haven't used before.

Something like Chicago, Seattle, or Boston. Notable landmarks and history that can be spoofed. smile.gif

Hardcore Ottoman
I want a new city. Anywhere I haven't thought of before.
Handsome B Wonderful
I voted for a new city. I'm with OPX on a fictional Seattle.
Evil multimedia company. Check
Iconic music scene. Check
Stolen basketball team. Check

Sure, you can get those things in basically every major city, but Seattle has that needle thingy, and a monorail. And nothing screams awesome playability like a geniune, bona fide, electrified, six-car monorail!

They still have monorail in Seattle, don't they?
PabloHoneyOle
God, I am tired of these threads. There will be 100,000 more before GTA5 ever gets a release date.

I'd like somewhere new. I don't want a rehash of a game I beat over 3 (or 5) years ago. I want something fresh.

I would like next-gen versions of Vice City and San Andreas to come out, but not as the next chapter in GTA.
ViceMan
2nd century Rome. The choice of weaponry and vehicles would be rather limited, but the story could make up for it. biggrin.gif
The Awesome One
I think that GTA will always need a really well known city as its place. Somewhere where people know a bit about. That way, the spoof history would actually be funny. Somewhere like London, Paris, Tokyo. (If im honest I cant see R* do a place that does not speak English. )
Batman Bill
I'd love to see it set in London, but I don't see it differing from Liberty City much. I think Vice City would be best.
The Awesome One
I cant see it in Vice City. I think that it will not fit the realism from GTA4.

Edit: EFLC will have a exclusive radio station, Vice City FM. Maybe we will have vice city next year.
Massacre
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 21 2009, 04:47 PM) *

Explain.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 21 2009, 07:40 PM) *
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 21 2009, 04:47 PM) *

Explain.

He won't be able to tell you. Atleast logically.
Marney1
Bermuda.

It's made up of 123 islands.

For a better feel of how Bermuda would look in the game click.
I hope R* seriously consider this place..................if they bother to look here.
PabloHoneyOle
Bermuda would be interesting, but I think Rockstar will stick to larger metropolitan environments.

I think one of the best ideas I have heard so far is Dubai, simply because of it's architecture and the fact that no one has done it. I don't want it to center around a Jawa; maybe an American business man working for the Jawas to exploit them for their oil and palm tree shaped islands.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 22 2009, 09:41 AM) *
Bermuda would be interesting, but I think Rockstar will stick to larger metropolitan environments.

I think one of the best ideas I have heard so far is Dubai, simply because of it's architecture and the fact that no one has done it. I don't want it to center around a Jawa; maybe an American business man working for the Jawas to exploit them for their oil and palm tree shaped islands.

I didn't think dubai would be a bad choice either but an interview a few days ago says it probably won't happen.

•Jeronimo replied "No" when asked if the next GTA was set in Dubai, but then said "You never know" in more of a tongue in cheek reply.

news post
Ex-PS Fanboy
Vice city, or at least another tropical island paradise
Massacre
Hawaii? Maybe not, but who wouldn't want to get in a shootout on the mouth of an active volcano?
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 22 2009, 01:55 PM) *
Hawaii? Maybe not, but who wouldn't want to get in a shootout on the mouth of an active volcano?

or surfboard drive-bys. tongue.gif
Swifty
Vice City could really be expanded on.

• Add air-boats and a section of the everglades.
  • Add Homestead Race Way.
  • Industrial area on the Miami River and the shipping port.
  • Homestead Air Force Base.
  • Finally my favorite would be to add Cuba to the south of Vice City with classic cars, old buildings, mountainous terrain and a foreign military.

Also given the history of South Florida I think seeing the protagonist as a corrupt cop would be cool. I live in So FL and know alot of the not so well know history. During the 80's the sherrif in the county north of me was in bed with the drug runners. He would shut down Highway 1 so planes could land. He also ran a whore house which was later turned in to the building that is now the dective station.
GTARuler
The replys are quite interesting keep them coming! thumbup.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Oct 22 2009, 01:45 PM) *
I didn't think dubai would be a bad choice either but an interview a few days ago says it probably won't happen.

•Jeronimo replied "No" when asked if the next GTA was set in Dubai, but then said "You never know" in more of a tongue in cheek reply.

news post

I think that's where I read it.

QUOTE (Swifty @ Oct 22 2009, 03:08 PM) *
  • Finally my favorite would be to add Cuba to the south of Vice City with classic cars, old buildings, mountainous terrain and a foreign military.

Also given the history of South Florida I think seeing the protagonist as a corrupt cop would be cool. I live in So FL and know alot of the not so well know history. During the 80's the sherrif in the county north of me was in bed with the drug runners. He would shut down Highway 1 so planes could land. He also ran a whore house which was later turned in to the building that is now the dective station.

I'm a Floridiot as well, and to be honest, I don't want another Vice City, simply because they've already done it and it captured the essence of 80's Miami. The rehash of Liberty City was nice because it went from three generic islands to an actual representation of NYC.

Plus, as a regular visitor to Miami, I get enough of the Hispanic population outside of the videogame world.
Handsome B Wonderful
Hawaii sounds good, and now that i think of it, Rio would be awesome as well. GTA needs more slums, endangered rainforests, and jesus statue on a hill.

Missions could involve starting a conga line, and finding trannies for Ronaldo to sleep with.
Seeen
QUOTE (Swifty @ Oct 22 2009, 12:08 PM) *

I think seeing the protagonist as a corrupt cop would be cool

I've thought of the air-boat/everglades thing before and the Cuba one too. Love the shit out of both ideas. Plus, some sort of ballin' safehouse where you can finally store aquatic vehicles. (never been able to in any GTA)

MP3 PLAYER ON FOOT, ALREADY!
zoro
QUOTE (Swifty @ Oct 22 2009, 12:08 PM) *

I think seeing the protagonist as a corrupt cop would be cool

I love these ideas I for one would love to jump on a hovercraft and zoom through the everglades hunting aligators and endangered species, theres a lot of mission possiblities with the terrain.

I'm willing to bet everything that the next gta will be Vice City. For those of you wanting London or UK, it isn't going to happen (not for a long time anyway). As much as the UK has to offer in terms of culture, comedy and character, it just lacks in color and atmosphere compared to american settings. We all remember The Gettaway right? It was an okay game, it was great to drive around real locations and explore but how boring and depressing did it look? A sea of grey monotonous buildings stark grey skies, rain. It just lacks the colour and vibrance of what we'd expect from a gta title. Any changes to accomodate this, previous gameplay and plot devices, well then it wouldn't really be London would it? The gameplay of gta is best suited to america where shooting someone in the face in a busy street is mildly more believable than doing the same in the UK.

If anything I'd love for R* to expand on Vice City and take more elements from the whole State of Florida, they did it in San Andreas why not Florida? Just looking at the Wiki theres so many possibilities, Orlando themeparks! NASA space center! I'd love to see some lush green landscape some countryside farms. It would be good to have some light aircraft such as crop dusters and seaplanes.

I love the Cuba idea too, again so many possibilities, smuggling missions avoiding Navy and international border patrols, it's a lovg shot but if they were to do this I'd love for it to be a dot on the horizon taking a good 10 minutes to boat there, I'd love for the terrain to be vast.
Skinny 
I really don't think they need another Vice City. They captured the city, and the time period's essence with the first one.

QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 17 2009, 05:11 AM) *
I want London. Its about time they done a city outta America, and London is the perfect one. I would like to see R* come up with jokes aimed at America instead of jokes aimed at England.

The whole game is a joke about America.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 17 2009, 03:38 AM) *
I went with Vice City, but I probably should've nulled. I'd be happy with any of these. Maybe not London, but that's really only because I'm not familiar with it.

I can confidently say that London is an awesome place, and definetly GTA worthy. I'm sure it will happen one day, but I don't see it as the next step.
The Awesome One
Ive just glitched my way into Bahama Mamas to look at a map in there. It is a new map and loos like it could have woodland. San Andreas?
TreeFitty
well don't be shy, post a pic of it or something.
The Awesome One
I just tracked this down:

Click to view attachment

Is that the vice city map? I havent played it for years.
TreeFitty
It's an actual map of Salem Massachusetts.

Still could be a hint. Maybe we'll get Boston for a city and Salem and other's as country/suburb destinations.
The Awesome One
Im 100% sure we wont get Salem because im sure most of the world hasnt heard of the place. Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, most know of. If its new, its gonna be London.
But that map, even if it is Salem, does look like it could be a new version of San Andreas.
TreeFitty
ummm they are on opposite sides of the country. Also I don't think Salem will would be the main place. Like I said, maybe Boston with places like Salem as outer areas. It is famous for witch hunts. at least in America.
The Awesome One
Maybe it could be the Red Dead Redemption map? The map looks rural, Red Deads gonna be rural, so why not?
Heartless
I heard that in San Andreas you can find a map to Big Foot riding a UFO. It's red all right, but not dead.
Marney1
QUOTE (Where Eagles Dare @ Nov 6 2009, 10:51 PM) *
I heard that in San Andreas you can find a map to Big Foot riding a UFO. It's red all right, but not dead.

I asked RatMan to show me where Lola was but he said "Graghjjjbrfifofjv!"
Skinny 
Boston would be weak.
TreeFitty
i don't think it would be that bad. like a mini NYC with more boats and old buildings.
The Awesome One
Boston would be like Stillwater.
GTA_SA
I voted somewhere new.

Hawaii isn't preferable, its still an illegal US state.
Marney1
How about the 51st state?
TreeFitty
puerto rico?
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 7 2009, 06:40 PM) *
puerto rico?

Liverpool, you know Samuel L Jackson - 51st State? Nevermind I think the movie is called something else in the US.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (marney1 @ Nov 7 2009, 02:31 PM) *
puerto rico?

Liverpool, you know Samuel L Jackson - 51st State? Nevermind I think the movie is called something else in the US.

apparently called "Formula 51" in the US. still never saw it.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 7 2009, 07:33 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Nov 7 2009, 02:31 PM) *
puerto rico?

apparently called "Formula 51" in the US. still never saw it.

Some people I know were paid to wear Manchester United shirts in a pub I used to frequent. Although the pub was in Liverpool and everyone had Man U shirts on to make it look like Manchester they were actually all scousers.
The drinks were free all day too, I miss that pub. It used to be very violent but it's gone now after a mistaken identity head shot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.