Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What setting do you want?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA V > GTA 5
Pages: 1, 2, 3
new major on the block
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 16 2009, 11:38 AM) *
QUOTE (new major on the block @ Dec 4 2009, 06:35 AM) *
How about an allstar voice cast again, would bring back the nostalgia of the previous games.

Dan Houser has already said he doesn't think the cast (protagonist anyway) being well known movie stars etc is a good idea because whenever he played Vice City he couldn't get it out of his head that he was actually Ray Liotta from Goodfellas and not Tommy Vercetti.
Hope he changes his mind though because I'd like to be the little psycho Tommy DeVito and stab people in the neck with pens.

Lol, that'd be awesome. I mean even just having him as one of the characters in the game would be great. But looking at SA a few of the characters actually looked like their actual voice actors like for instance, officer Tenpenny looked alot like Sam Jackson along with officer Pulaski as Chris Penn. But even others like David Cross and his character Zero and Peter Fonda and The Truth looked like their characters.
thethriller222
San Andreas
demon
A new city please. I like San Andreas but I've already spent 2000 hours there.
Massacre
I think I voted Vice City at the time, but now I'm pushing for Boston.
JamieMilne
im hoping for vice city? bostons boring i think. no pop culture memories lead me to boston except 30 rock lol
demon
I think that Vice City, Los Santos any other known cities will appear as a new and different city if GTA5 is set there. Maybe something will look familiar but it's going to look different. For this reason I'd prefer it to be a new city.
Massacre
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ Apr 26 2010, 04:48 PM) *
bostons boring i think. no pop culture memories lead me to boston except 30 rock lol

Are you fucking joking?

Meanwhile, there hasn't been a good movie set in Miami in years...
TreeFitty
And Cheers! I saw the bar they used for outside shots (the intro basically) when I was there. It would be a nice NEW place for GTA to go.
JamieMilne
havnt seen any of the films you linked to haha, got edge of darkness but, and can never pass on mel gibson action films ahha so il give it a watch and see if i like it lol.

the whole irish chaolic americna thing doesnt interest me, i got sick of packie and all his family about 3 seconds after they started talking lol
demon
The setting could also be in Oslo. And everything in the game could be in Norwegian. Option for subtext in all the major languages. Maybe English too. happy.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE (demon @ Apr 27 2010, 04:07 AM) *
The setting could also be in Oslo. And everything in the game could be in Norwegian. Option for subtext in all the major languages. Maybe English too. happy.gif

And we could have three radio stations playing various sorts of black metal... and two for shitty europop.
Marney1
I'm really struggling to think what setting I'd like to see for the next GTA. At first I was wanting lots of rolling countryside and woodland to explore like in San Andreas but by the time we're finished with RDR we'll want something different.
Massacre
You want Boston.
Marney1
QUOTE (Pieman and Duffface @ Apr 28 2010, 03:04 AM) *
You want Boston.

I think I did actually mention Boston a few months back......didn't I?
Massacre
If I say yes will you agree with me?
TreeFitty
No marney, you didn't. You never even said boston in a post.... Just cbc posting a pic of a map that turned out to be Salem, Mass. and that got me thinking Boston would be a good place. (page 2)
Massacre
Quiet, you.
Marney1
QUOTE (Pieman and Duffface @ Apr 28 2010, 03:52 AM) *
If I say yes will you agree with me?

Yes of course...........what if I don't?
Massacre
Then I stab you.
TreeFitty
Quiet, you.
Massacre
Quiet your mom.
ViceMan
I trust R* to choose a location that will be memorable and fun.
GTA4 not just a Game
i think if gtaV plays anywhere else you wouldnīt have thze samem realistic feeeling like in gta4
(gta4 is the only gta that giving my a feeling that i not just a game itīs like a greece epos or like a exiting film too) serial.gif
demon
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Apr 27 2010, 08:19 PM) *
I'm really struggling to think what setting I'd like to see for the next GTA. At first I was wanting lots of rolling countryside and woodland to explore like in San Andreas but by the time we're finished with RDR we'll want something different.

The good thing with SA was that it had city environment and countryside/woodland. Hope for the next GTA to have a diverse environment.

6 shooter
I see I'm in minority here, but I don't want another Vice City setting. GTA VC is my least favorite of the 3D GTA games. It had a great soundtrack and introduced one cool novelty - buying propriety, but otherwise it sucked. Main story was too short, city map rather small and driving/movement animation awfully unnatural.

I understand new VC setting would use a totally different game engine, but I have so bad memories of GTA VC that it's hard to shake them off.
ViceMan
QUOTE (6 shooter @ Apr 30 2010, 10:00 AM) *
I see I'm in minority here

Indeed you are, I only have happy memories of VC. Great setting, great music, great story.
Flash Light
Carribbean would be good, main focus on Jamaica - jack the plot from The Harder They Come
DuffMan
QUOTE (Flash Light @ May 16 2010, 06:00 PM) *
Carribbean would be good, main focus on Jamaica - jack the plot from The Harder They Come

Nah, the accents would annoy me after an hour. Can you imagine a 30 hour game where everyone talks like Little Jacob?
Massacre
I forget exactly what that dialect is called, but most of them don't talk like that. Still, I'm opposed to anything other than Boston and I will continue say that in any topic related to the next GTA's setting.
Marney1
"Has Liverpool turned into a game...it has become like grand theft auto being played out for real. I hope the new Chief Con reads the echo..."
^ A reader's comment on a story in my local paper today. Here

It would be a perfect setting but too controversial because GTA is how it is round here lately.
trathen93
QUOTE (Frog Choker @ Jun 21 2010, 09:04 PM) *
"Has Liverpool turned into a game...it has become like grand theft auto being played out for real. I hope the new Chief Con reads the echo..."
^ A reader's comment on a story in my local paper today. Here

It would be a perfect setting but too controversial because GTA is how it is round here lately.

imagine it, liverpool and the wirral. easily some potential dick shaped river Mersey. oh the ideas that are popping into my head.
Massacre
Yeah, but then we'd need subtitles even more than if it were set in Jamaica.
6 shooter
I always keep subtitles ON when playing each GTA game for the 1st time. You never know when an undecipherable blabber from a ghetto boy or a dope smoking immigrant comes...
TreeFitty
Something I thought about: Where GTA V *Won't* Be (San Andreas Fans Keep Out)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.