Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two new signatures
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Media & Graphics
Ex-PS Fanboy

Ok, The first isn't complete yet. Right now I'm struggling on deciding where to go with it. I think I might add a grain effect to simulate the particle energy Answerer gives off.

As for the second, I found that emblem online and figured I'd advertise the greatest Company/Stock AC in existance.
ViceMan
The text on the banners is blurred and somewhat illegible, and the main text clashes with the background, making it hard to read.

Overall i'd give it a 6, but since it's about Armoured Core i'll give it a 4.
Massacre
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Oct 15 2009, 11:40 AM) *

I cooked this up in tech class (cause that's the only time I have access to photoshop). I wanted to do some more tweaking on it but I'm leaving to get surgery tomorrow, so I didn't have much time. I'm making another one using Old King, but I still haven't finished it. So, as usual, recommend me some ideas, and tell me what's wrong with it. I don't like the font color. But Red is one of the main colors on thermidor's AC, and It was the only one I found that was readable with the background. Also, see if you can guess what background that is...

EDIT: Wow... I just realized I mispelled Maxmillian

0/10. Fucking revolting misuse of Fallout 3 art.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Oct 15 2009, 11:48 AM) *
The text on the banners is blurred and somewhat illegible, and the main text clashes with the background, making it hard to read.

Overall i'd give it a 6, but since it's about Armoured Core i'll give it a 4.

Yeah I thought that to, but I couldnt find the right text color. And I wanted the background because it has an apocalyptic setting, and is dark and gloomy looking like most of the settings in ACFA. Now that I don't have any site blocked I think I might look for a few backgrounds and then bring em to school and finish it.
Marney1
Can I be brutally honest? It's worse than the one I had yesterday.......sorry but it's true.
Massacre
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 15 2009, 12:27 PM) *

I am going to continue you post this until you change the background.
bOnEs
put a white glow or something behind the text... it hurts my eyes trying to read it...

P.S. you say AC has apocalyptic environments so, why not use one of those backgrounds? don't put an armored core unit in the capital wasteland, it'll get destroyed by sentrybots and super mutant overlords... actually, put in the capital wasteland, i want to see it get destroyed...
Ex-PS Fanboy
New Sigs. See first post.
GLC
Click to view attachment

Mine's slightly better, IMO.

Nah seriously though, the second is better. Mostly because this time around there isn't some robot thing standing in the remains of D.C...

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 16 2009, 03:03 PM) *
don't put an armored core unit in the capital wasteland, it'll get destroyed by sentrybots and super mutant overlords...

Massacre
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 15 2009, 09:44 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 15 2009, 12:27 PM) *

I am going to continue you post this until you change the background.
ViceMan
Still mediocre, it just looks like you've plopped the image of the BattleMech (HAH!) on top of that background, and you have.
The Awesome One
The sig needs more work. Stop the colours clashing maybe?
TreeFitty
The letters in the first one are too slim. Makes it hard to read.
ViceMan
The second one is definitely better, but it still looks terrible with the blurry background and sharp foreground image contrasting. GLC's one had more going for it if i'm honest.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Ok, lets forget the first one because it sucks.

As for the second one, I see what you saying, but the foreground didn't look all that sharp when I viewed it. I think i was just zoomed in to much.

And secondly, I'm still new at photoshop atm, so I wasn't really aiming for anything professional quality, In fact I wasn't aiming at quality at all, I was trying to make a sig that represents ORCA and what it stands for. I'll try to make the images clash better when I get the chance, any tips on how to do it properly?
ViceMan
It would be good if you found a background image that wasn't as blurry and oversized as the current one. Also if you're using magic wand to cut out an image you'll tend to get a white line around it, it usually needs to be cleaned up by hand with an eraser set to something like 75% opacity and 75% hardness, i'm no photoshop expert myself, I only use JASC PSP8.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 17 2009, 01:45 PM) *
It would be good if you found a background image that wasn't as blurry and oversized as the current one. Also if you're using magic wand to cut out an image you'll tend to get a white line around it, it usually needs to be cleaned up by hand with an eraser set to something like 75% opacity and 75% hardness, i'm no photoshop expert myself, I only use JASC PSP8.

Actually, I did do that by hand. I could just feather it.

As for the background, good ones are hard to come by. That background was honestly a last resort. All the other ones I have either are covered by the AC, or have an AC already in it. I'll have a look in my Armored Core folder and see if I can't find anything better.

And I'm using Elements 5. I think I should start using Corel Photo-draw. I'm liking it a lot better since I started doing it.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Nov 17 2009, 07:50 PM) *
As for the background, good ones are hard to come by. That background was honestly a last resort. All the other ones I have either are covered by the AC, or have an AC already in it. I'll have a look in my Armored Core folder and see if I can't find anything better.

You're really that sad?
TreeFitty
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 17 2009, 04:05 PM) *

You're really that sad?

You thought he wasn't?
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (ViceyQDeezy @ Nov 17 2009, 04:05 PM) *

You're really that sad?

You people clearly don't fully understand me obsession...

Every month I check every thrift and game store this half of the shwa to try and find new AC games. I checked out 6 today.

And surprisingly nothing
TreeFitty
Don't they have official releases and such? ones that you would follow constantly like GTA?
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 17 2009, 05:12 PM) *
Don't they have official releases and such? ones that you would follow constantly like GTA?

Actually I'm looking for the PS1 and the AC2 series, so there all year 2000 and below. And they're FUCKING HARD TO FIND!

I know a guy at EB games who's also an Armored Core Fan (THAT'S RIGHT! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!) And he said if he gets any he'd give me a call. Unfortunatly, before I knew him a guy brought in THE ENTIRE FUCKING SERIES, and he bought it.

As for new games. The series is pretty much dead. All they're doing is posting their most popular games to the PSP.

Sprry about bad typing, the laughing gas is still lingering.
TreeFitty
alrighty then... o.O
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Nov 17 2009, 05:18 PM)
Sprry about bad typing, the laughing gas is still lingering.

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Nov 17 2009, 05:21 PM) *
alrighty then... o.O

I hate it when I get my teeth removed, and I have to get double the surgery because I have abnormal roots.
TreeFitty
ah ok. thought you were experimenting with a new high or something.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Well, forget it, I'm scrapping those two. I might still try the Old king sig with a new background but I still have yet to find a half decent one. I've got two more, still incomplete.
Marney1
I want a sig just like yours, think it's BRILLIANT. smile.gif
Ex-PS Fanboy
At this point I'm finding it hard to tell the difference between serious and sarcasm.
GLC
Mine was 100% serious. The sig I made is fucking beautiful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.