Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Radio Station
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA IV Series > GTA IV
Tranque
Okay, what was your favorite radio stations or what music station did you put on for what purpose.

Talk radio stations don't count tongue.gif

For me it was

Electrochoc = Car Chases, All-the-time

K-Jah = Anything involving Little Jacob

Vladivostok = Dates

K109 = Dates, All-the-Time

Stations that are my favorite:

Electrochoc, and K109

Stations that I completely ignored:

The boring jazz station, LCHC.

Massacre
Either LCHC or LRR when alone, and the station changed to whatever my current passenger's favorite was. LRR for Packie, Tuff Gong for LJ, Vibe for Roman and Brucie, The Beat and whatever the old school rap station is for Dwayne and Playboy, JNR for Phil, etc.
Tranque
I did not notice that, I normally preset it however I felt like the passanger would "like" I guess I got it right XD.png
Massacre
They don't say anything if it's on commercial, but if you switch to their favorite station and there's a song playing, they'll make a comment about it.
Tranque
Ill give that a go, now that I remember Little Jacob commented that he knew the KJah DJ
Massacre
Just another subtle little thing Rockstar did that was awesome.
OptimumPx
Am I the only one who goes 'Fuck them, I'm listening to what I want to'?

Radio Broker and Liberty Rock Radio for me 9 times out of 10.
Massacre
^ I do that for the girlfriends, because I can't figure out what their favorites are, or even if they have favorites.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Oct 13 2009, 07:07 AM) *
Am I the only one who goes 'Fuck them, I'm listening to what I want to'?

Radio Broker and Liberty Rock Radio for me 9 times out of 10.

Most songs on there are awesome.
ViceMan
Considering the main genre of music I listen to is rap I hardly even bothered with the rap station, (can't even remember the name of it, The Beat?) It was pretty much all commercial hip-hop (i.e. shit.) I listened to The Classics for a bit, and Vladivostok at the beginning of the game, just to keep with the immigrant feel. I probably listen to LRR the most, Tuff Gong and LCHC a lot too, I listen to the jazz station and The Journey while i'm cruising in Alderney. And Massive B for cruising with Jacob. Never really bothered with Radio Broker, San Juan, IF99, Fusion, Electro-choc, K-109 or The Vibe.
Tranque
Are my music choices stereotypical -.-?

Make note: I am excited for the 80s music and club music in TBOGT and I loathed the soundtrack for Lost and Damned.

It just sounded like angry people yelling into a microphone. I have to turn the sound down as Johnny exits his safehouse every time I go out of it.
Massacre
QUOTE (Tranque @ Oct 13 2009, 09:11 PM) *
Are my music choices stereotypical -.-?

Make note: I am excited for the 80s music and club music in TBOGT and I loathed the soundtrack for Lost and Damned.

It just sounded like angry people yelling into a microphone. I have to turn the sound down as Johnny exits his safehouse every time I go out of it.

Hmph. No appreciation for late 70's punk rage...
Tranque
These days punk is "MY LIFE IS SO HARD BEING RICH AND WHITE AND SUBURBAN FUCK!"

Back then I couldn't understand the words they were growling into the microphone.
Seeen
- The Classics! DJ Premier is the fuckin' man.
- Radio Broker plays some good dancey-rock stuff
- Tuff Gong is awesome
- Massive B, but only for the song "Call Pon Dem"
Uproar
Liberty Rock Radio and Radio Broker are shizznizz!
ThePaleOgre
I really like all of the radio stations in this game except for The Vibe and the reggaeton one. The Beat is kinda "meh". Radio Broker is my favorite though.
Tranque
The reggeton one was dreadful.

I'm glad noone has dissed Karl Lagerfeld yet.
ThePaleOgre
QUOTE (Tranque @ Oct 15 2009, 08:25 PM) *
The reggeton one was dreadful.

I'm glad noone has dissed Karl Lagerfeld yet.

I dont know much about him but K109 is awesome
Tranque
He's a bit of a douche but he's good at his job.
ViceMan
Meh, I hate club music. I'm sure when/if TL&D comes out on the PS3 i'll be listening to the new death metal on LCHC.
The Awesome One
Beat 102.7 only had one good song.
Kanye West-Flashing lights.
richterm
Vladivostok is all kinds of awesome. Beyond that, I prefer the rock stations...although I'll flip the Reggae station on if I have Jacob. (the smoke pouring out of the car as he hits his bong goes great with it)

All that being said, since I play on PC, most of my time is spent on Independence Radio. I've been slowly importing most of my MP3s in.
OptimumPx
I looked around Youtube, and found my favorite song from Radio Broker and Liberty Rock Radio. happy.gif

Handsome B Wonderful
My fav stations are LLR, and surprisingly, the vibe. Which is handy, as the stations are next to each other.
Least favourite station: According to the stats, it's JNR, but for pure annoyance, i can't go past The Journey. Every other station has at least one good tune.

Also, the talkback stations could have been a bit better. Integrity is alright, but the other ones quickly got boring. Actually, i haven't enjoyed a GTA talkback station since San Andreas
ViceMan
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 18 2009, 09:56 PM) *

I thought that was the shittest song on there, it's the epitome of "club orientated hip-hop" i.e talentless shit.

Anything Kanye West did after his second album, I never even bothered to listen to for that very reason. Nothing but synthesised voice effects over a generic beat.

*wanders slightly off topic*
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Oct 20 2009, 07:02 PM) *

I thought that was the shittest song on there, it's the epitome of "club orientated hip-hop" i.e talentless shit.

Anything Kanye West did after his second album, I never even bothered to listen to for that very reason. Nothing but synthesised voice effects over a generic beat.

The other songs arent really songs. Thay just sing about taking drugs. Im aware its a GTA game, but that spoiled what could of been a good station.
Massacre
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 20 2009, 04:18 PM) *

The other songs arent really songs. Thay just sing about taking drugs. Im aware its a GTA game, but that spoiled what could of been a good station.

That's what rap should be about; guns, drugs, violence, whores, and suffering. Rap was ruined forever when people started rapping about money and fame and women that they actually care about.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 20 2009, 09:32 PM) *
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 20 2009, 04:18 PM) *

That's what rap should be about; guns, drugs, violence, whores, and suffering. Rap was ruined forever when people started rapping about money and fame and women that they actually care about.

I must admit, I cant see the difference between rap and R&B anymore. I hardly hear rap anymore.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 20 2009, 04:32 PM) *

XD.png

well that's because they got rich from their original gangsta shit and then decided to flaunt their money in front of the white man. thus the music suffered.

QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 20 2009, 04:42 PM) *
I must admit, I cant see the difference between rap and R&B anymore. I hardly hear rap anymore.

That's because so many songs have rap added in these days and many R&B songs have hip hip beats. the lines are blurring.

on topic, my favorite radio station is The Beat 102.7. i thought it was funny listening to the DJ's i normally listen too, playing the songs i normally listen too (and were still playing at the time). i think one day in GTA it was funkmaster flex playing "blow my mind" and later i was in my truck (real life, Hot 97.1 is the station) and funkmaster flex played "blow my mind". i laughed.
Massacre
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Oct 20 2009, 04:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 20 2009, 04:32 PM) *

XD.png

well that's because they got rich from their original gangsta shit and then decided to flaunt their money in front of the white man. thus the music suffered.

Yeah. Luckily The Game hasn't gone that way, although LAX had a couple vagina songs... Shit, now I'm worried.
ViceMan
In terms of the best rap station on a GTA game:

Game (III) ≥ Radio Los Santos (SA) ≥ Playback (SA) > The Classics (IV) > Wildstyle (VC) >>>>>>> The Beat (IV)

IMO.
Massacre
That seems about right. I loved Game Radio, it was my first exposure to rap as a kid.
TreeFitty
it boosted my exposure to rap. and then there was MSX...
Handsome B Wonderful
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Oct 21 2009, 07:16 AM) *
In terms of the best rap station on a GTA game:

Game (III) Radio Los Santos (SA) Playback (SA) > The Classics (IV) > Wildstyle (VC) >>>>>>> The Beat (IV)

IMO.

What about Fresh FM (vcs) and The Liberty Jam (lcs)? Both were pretty decent.

I agree that the beat was crud. I especially dislike Ghostface's "We Celebrate" ( Everything on Big Doe Rehab was shit). Anything from Fishscale would have been better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.