Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paranormal Activity
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
PabloHoneyOle
Anyone seen this yet? Pretty scary movie, breaking all kinds of box office records.

I went and saw it with the wife Friday night, probably one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. The "reality" factor of it makes it absolutely terrifying and the level of suspense had my on the edge of my seat. My wife couldn't sleep the next night. You'll never feel the same about hearing a bump in the night.

The Awesome One
No, I might go see it if its in England.
Massacre
It's not playing where I live...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 12 2009, 03:58 PM) *
It's not playing where I live...

You have to DEMAND IT.

I'm sure there is somewhere within reasonable driving distance. Unless you're on a boat.
Hardcore Ottoman
Hey Stoic, where did you see it?
PabloHoneyOle
AMC Veterans. Stop tracking my movements.

I hear it's also showing at the AMC Brandon. Here's a list of show times:

AMC Veterans 24 - 9302 Anderson Road, Tampa, FL
11:40am 1:05 2:05 3:20 4:20 5:35 6:35 8:00 9:00 10:20pm

AMC The Regency 20 - 2496 W. Brandon Blvd., Brandon, FL
11:45am 1:00 2:30 3:20 4:55 5:45 7:15 8:05 9:35 10:15pm

Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 13 2009, 09:37 AM) *
Stop tracking my movements.

You live in the same city as I... paranoid fucker.

Thanks, by the way. I'm probably going to the Regency instead.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (punxtr @ Oct 13 2009, 04:30 PM) *

I'll keep my eyes peeled. You're the one who should be paranoid.
The Awesome One
i dont think its in England. sad.gif I will just pick it up on DVD.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 13 2009, 05:14 PM) *
QUOTE (punxtr @ Oct 13 2009, 04:30 PM) *

I'll keep my eyes peeled. You're the one who should be paranoid.

Strange how I feel you are not bluffing. Serious face on right now.
PabloHoneyOle
Your hair looks nice today, btw.
Hardcore Ottoman
Hardly. I avoided the barbers. I need to get a trim though.
ThePaleOgre
I thought the trailer over hyped it and made it look stupid and from what Ive read and heard about the story I dont think I would like it.
bOnEs
no thanks, i don't want a movie to scare the piss out of me in a crowded theater... plus, these kinds of movies just aren't my thing... i don't watch horror/scary movies... i admit, the concept is original and probably what makes it so damn scary but, i can't ever get into these kinds of movies...

supposedly it's playing everywhere in america soon... the demand was met, or so i hear in the recent commercials...
Mattay
I honestly hope that comes to my hicktown theatre. Looks dirty.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 16 2009, 11:32 AM) *
no thanks, i don't want a movie to scare the piss out of me in a crowded theater... plus, these kinds of movies just aren't my thing... i don't watch horror/scary movies... i admit, the concept is original and probably what makes it so damn scary but, i can't ever get into these kinds of movies...

No offense, but you sound like a total mega-wuss. This movie is unlike anything you've ever seen. The scares chill you to the bone because it's not some CGI ghost or monster, but the most "realistic" haunting movie I have ever seen.
bOnEs
naw, i'm no wuss, i've seen horror/scary movies... i'm just not that into the genre, it's my least favorite...

one of my friends went to see this last night... had to cross the border into indiana to see it because, nothing locally was showing it... she's suppose to stop by today so, i'll ask her what she thought about it...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 20 2009, 04:53 PM) *
naw, i'm no wuss, i've seen horror/scary movies... i'm just not that into the genre, it's my least favorite...

one of my friends went to see this last night... had to cross the border into indiana to see it because, nothing locally was showing it... she's suppose to stop by today so, i'll ask her what she thought about it...

She probably didn't sleep last night. Also, you should never ask a girl their opinion on anything, remember, it doesn't matter.

I know you're not a wuss. I'm just saying this is a scary movie and if you don't see it, you're a wuss. Wussy.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 20 2009, 04:56 PM) *
She probably didn't sleep last night. Also, you should never ask a girl their opinion on anything, remember, it doesn't matter.

i'll keep that in mind laugh.gif...

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 20 2009, 04:56 PM) *
I know you're not a wuss. I'm just saying this is a scary movie and if you don't see it, you're a wuss. Wussy.

you call me a wuss then... because, i am not going to see it... your school-yard bullying isn't going to convince me to see it...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 20 2009, 05:01 PM) *
you call me a wuss then... because, i am not going to see it... your school-yard bullying isn't going to convince me to see it...

Fine, wuss. Next time I see you, wedgies and noogies.
bOnEs
...what, no swirlies??

man, that was fun to do in bully...
DANNY B0Y
Apparently it cost $9000 to make.
DuPz0r
I just saw this film. Fuckin' hell it felt real watching that! Scary shit. Did anyone notice at the start of the credits it said it wasn't real, but really fast you had to pause it to even read it lol.
DANNY B0Y
I managed to stream it to our TV through the laptop, dug out all the surround sound system that still works after years of not using it, and up full blast. I shat myself. Amazing film.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 12 2009, 08:50 PM) *
Anyone seen this yet? Pretty scary movie, breaking all kinds of box office records.

I went and saw it with the wife Friday night, probably one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. The "reality" factor of it makes it absolutely terrifying and the level of suspense had my on the edge of my seat. My wife couldn't sleep the next night. You'll never feel the same about hearing a bump in the night.

QUOTE (Mattay @ Oct 20 2009, 04:33 AM) *
I honestly hope that comes to my hicktown theatre. Looks dirty.

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Nov 25 2009, 11:09 PM) *
I just saw this film. Fuckin' hell it felt real watching that! Scary shit. Did anyone notice at the start of the credits it said it wasn't real, but really fast you had to pause it to even read it lol.

QUOTE (Disco Dennis @ Dec 7 2009, 11:49 PM) *
I managed to stream it to our TV through the laptop, dug out all the surround sound system that still works after years of not using it, and up full blast. I shat myself. Amazing film.

ARE YOU GUYS FUCKING SERIOUS? That movie has got to be one of the stupidest movies i have ever seen in my fucking life. Asside from the shitty script and horrible acting, the movie had unbearable sound. I mean fuck, i go to a movie theater and i expect good sound... the whole time it sounded like they were talking through their ass.

Also, how fucking pathetic. There are some fucking noises going on in the back ground and she things "OMG MUST BE SATAN!" Shut the fuck up stupid bitch. Its probably just some black nigger who wants to rape you. Or your dog you spread peanut butter for, or shit more likely even a fucking rat. BUT OH NOES ITS SATAN!!.

Then "Lets just fucking stand around for three minutes".. that was great TV/MOVIE right there! Three minutes of some stupid bitch standing up. Yay. What kind of fucking genious directed that steaming piece of turd shit up! What a way to save money.

Then in the end the husbands dead, the insurance money is claimed and the bitch dissapeared. SATAN DID IT!. Fuck you. Fuck you whoever made this worthless peice of shit movie. I wasted 20 dollars on something that looked like it got shitted out of a drama-class.

I don't understand how anyone could possible like this film. I watch netflix and EVEN the movies that are one start i generally give three stars. Also, I've seen this style of movie before with simular audio problems (99 pieces ~ Saw Rippoff) and IT WAS STILL BETTER THAN THIS PILE OF SHIT. There was nothing there. The whole movie takes place in some ugly bitches room. She could have atleast had some nice tits AND SHOWED THEM. but nothing. You bit some fucking crank-whore who things everything happens because of satan. FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU WHOEVER MADE THIS WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT MOVIE AND FUCK YOU TO WHOEVER ASKED FOR IT TO BE BROUGHT TO MY CITY!

Lastly, for those of you who havn't watched the movie, just take that trailer, take out all of the parts that make you say "I could see my self watching that movie" Then paste them over and over again untill you get to two hours, and then you have the movie.
PabloHoneyOle
Who shit in your cereal?

Go back to being dead.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (Stoic Qdeath Eater @ Dec 8 2009, 02:57 PM) *
Who shit in your cereal?

Who the fuck do you think? The people who made this shitty ass movie.
Psy
I totally agree with QD. The movie was shite and not scary at all. If anyone lost any sleep over that, they're a fucking pansy.
DANNY B0Y
I'd never think I'd see Admin losing their cool over a low-budget box office phenomenom.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Dec 8 2009, 06:10 PM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Qdeath Eater @ Dec 8 2009, 02:57 PM) *
Who shit in your cereal?

Who the fuck do you think? The people who made this shitty ass movie.

QDeath, what was the last horror movie you thought was scary?

QUOTE (Disco Dennis @ Dec 10 2009, 11:49 AM) *
I'd never think I'd see Admin losing their cool over a low-budget box office phenomenom.

QDeath isn't an Admin, he's a budding film critic.
trathen93
I was going to go and watch this but 1 of my prick mates told me about the ending and wrecked the whole film. if i'd gone then all id be able to remember is what happens at the end.
Marney1
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Dec 10 2009, 09:53 PM) *
I was going to go and watch this but 1 of my prick mates told me about the ending and wrecked the whole film. if i'd gone then all id be able to remember is what happens at the end.

What happens in the end?
trathen93
I dont want to say what happens at the end mate, i could ruin it for anyone else. i will say that the whole thing ends in a strange way (going like the rest of the film) although it is less believable than the rest
Marney1
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Dec 10 2009, 11:30 PM) *
I dont want to say what happens at the end mate, i could ruin it for anyone else. i will say that the whole thing ends in a strange way (going like the rest of the film) although it is less believable than the rest

Tell it in a scouse way that only we can understand then. wink.gif
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 10 2009, 11:41 PM) *

I've told you the ending already. Read up.

She kills him and collects his insurance money, blaming it on satan.
Marney1
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Dec 11 2009, 04:40 AM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 10 2009, 11:41 PM) *

I've told you the ending already. Read up.

She kills him and collects his insurance money, blaming it on satan.

My god, that poor poor kitten. sad.gif
Skinny 
I hear it's pretty scary, but the scary parts are so few and far between that it's just boring.
0bs3n3
Meh, it was cool to see in the theatre, but far out no chance you'd lose sleep over it.
bOnEs
i went to my dealer's house yesterday and after about 15 minutes he started playing this movie... so, i figured i would sit and give it a shot... i don't particularly like horror movies because, i find them to be cheesy and stupid for the most part... but, this is the scariest fucking movie i've ever seen!! blair witch was stupid, this movie gave me the chills...

the suspense is fucking unbelievable, no music, no sweeping camera's... it doesn't need to be a huge budget hollywood film to be fucking scary (ehem, QD)... my heart started racing every time you heard the audio get bassy because, you knew that was the sound of the evil presence... there were so many WTF moments...

i don't think i'll ever see another movie this fucking scary... it strikes a nerve with a lot of people... i am one of those... obviously QD is not one of those people... but, for not being a horror movie fan, i can honestly say, this felt nothing like those movies... i think it was the fact that it felt so real... the realism made my heart race every fucking time you knew something was about to happen... the plot line is like an exorcist film but, the realism makes it so fucking scary... i mean, the footsteps to me sounded a lot like the fucking devil... the boyfriend kept egging it on and pissing it off... i kept saying to myself, "WTF are you doing man?! call that damn demonologist!! your making this shit worse!!"

did anyone see the alternate ending? she doesn't disappear after killing her boyfriend... she walks back into the room after hearing the demon downstairs... yes, you hear the demon in this ending... and she kills herself in front of the camera with a smile... that's pretty creepy...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 3 2010, 12:41 PM) *
i went to my dealer's house yesterday and after about 15 minutes he started playing this movie... so, i figured i would sit and give it a shot... i don't particularly like horror movies because, i find them to be cheesy and stupid for the most part... but, this is the scariest fucking movie i've ever seen!! blair witch was stupid, this movie gave me the chills...

the suspense is fucking unbelievable, no music, no sweeping camera's... it doesn't need to be a huge budget hollywood film to be fucking scary (ehem, QD)... my heart started racing every time you heard the audio get bassy because, you knew that was the sound of the evil presence... there were so many WTF moments...

i don't think i'll ever see another movie this fucking scary... it strikes a nerve with a lot of people... i am one of those... obviously QD is not one of those people... but, for not being a horror movie fan, i can honestly say, this felt nothing like those movies... i think it was the fact that it felt so real... the realism made my heart race every fucking time you knew something was about to happen... the plot line is like an exorcist film but, the realism makes it so fucking scary... i mean, the footsteps to me sounded a lot like the fucking devil... the boyfriend kept egging it on and pissing it off... i kept saying to myself, "WTF are you doing man?! call that damn demonologist!! your making this shit worse!!"

did anyone see the alternate ending? she doesn't disappear after killing her boyfriend... she walks back into the room after hearing the demon downstairs... yes, you hear the demon in this ending... and she kills herself in front of the camera with a smile... that's pretty creepy...

Agreed completely.

I was wondering about the second ending. I was going to get this for my wife - she LOVES horror movies, but she told me she didn't want to see this movie ever again.
Mattay
Not gonna lie, that movie was fucking horrifying, probably because everyone in the theater told me it was all true.

Really though, it takes some effort to get me scared with a movie, but this one did it. And everyone's like ah it's so fukin ghey but I thought it was epic. Movie scared the piss outta me. One of my buddies was really freaked out. He's 24, but also a puss...but hey it was scary.
PabloHoneyOle
I think QD is just mega awesome and that's why he didn't enjoy it.

I'll probably go ahead and buy it so I can scared the shit out of me when I'm stoned out.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 4 2010, 01:16 PM) *
I'll probably go ahead and buy it so I can scared the shit out of me when I'm stoned out.

i think that's half the reason why i was scared...
coreyko_2003
That movie was fucking awesome and incredibly freaky at the same time.......I saw only the alternate ending, not the original ending.....Wait, I forgot which one but its the one with like 20 mins of silence before someone goes flying XD.png
Ex-PS Fanboy
This movie was shit. If you look at it from a movie standpoint I suppose it was good, but as a horror movie this thing failed miserably. It wasn't even remotely scary. There were parts that made me go, Ok that's weird.... but nothing that had me shitting my pants in horror. Unborn was far scarier than this movie. I honestly wouldn't even call it a horror movie.
Edgecrusher
I Didn't think it was too bad, some bits were genuinely unsettling, if not actually scary. It's hardly original tho really; Blair Witch and I think there was another movie about a family that get abducted by aliens did it all before and tbh I would rather see a flick with a bit of production value in it. spoilerPlus, that Micah guy was really annoying, I think I'd stab him too if he kept waving that camera in my face/spoiler
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.