Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Twitter, Facebook and LAST.FM on 360 - 17th Nov - UK Only!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
GTA ShutDown
I was reading the Tweets on Twitter and saw a link to an article about Twitter & Facebook on the 360.

It showed an official source and its confirmed its coming out on Nov 17th for UK users.

Article - Joystiq - Twitter & Facebook

In there it links to an Xbox.com page which is - Xbox.com - Social - UK

I am so happy and it also mentions rumors of a Public Beta middle-late October.
DuffMan
Seems kinda pointless to me. The Twitter and Facebook things are just fancy UIs with limited controls, and you can't put last.fm on in the middle of a game (for now, anyway). I won't be using it.

Also, seeing as this is a console-related thread, I'm moving this to Other Games.
Pieface
I see no real point to be honest. It's just pointless, especially if one of the main selling points of the facebook is to see friends pictures full screen.
DuffMan
Whoever locked this thread is an arsehole.
The Awesome One
Dont you hate it when they add something that wont affect you? Im not on facebook or twitter. I dont see the point. Now its on a bloody xbox. Soon, we are not going to need a PC. Everything will be on console.
DuffMan
I got into the preview for this. Haven't tried out Twitter, but Facebook is naff (and the main feed is laggy as fuck) and last.fm is pointless if you can't play it ingame. I have my PC to listen to internet radio (which I rarely do anyway since they always manage to put shit on). They also added Sky Player, which I haven't used yet, but apparently the launch didn't go too great... all in all a pretty shitty update.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Oct 28 2009, 12:03 PM) *
I got into the preview for this. Haven't tried out Twitter, but Facebook is naff (and the main feed is laggy as fuck) and last.fm is pointless if you can't play it ingame. I have my PC to listen to internet radio (which I rarely do anyway since they always manage to put shit on). They also added Sky Player, which I haven't used yet, but apparently the launch didn't go too great... all in all a pretty shitty update.

I not that bothered that Ive got Virgin instead of Sk, stopping me from watching sky on my 360. I would only want to watch the footie and im at all the home games anyways.
What is this last.fm? Never heard of it..
Pieface
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 28 2009, 12:58 PM) *
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Oct 28 2009, 12:03 PM) *

I not that bothered that Ive got Virgin instead of Sk, stopping me from watching sky on my 360. I would only want to watch the footie and im at all the home games anyways.
What is this last.fm? Never heard of it..

A website where you can listen to music.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.