Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gmail,Yahoo AOL Accounts Compromised
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Geek Central
Marney1
Story
The Awesome One
Perfect. I dont even know how to change mine. As long as my key accounts dont get hacked I dont really care.

Edit: Looking over it, my youtube account is the only one at risk. It isnt the same as any other password. Im not even that active on it. Is it worth changing?
TreeFitty
those places get hacked all the time. and that story talks about other people messing up by giving out their info.
Pieface
They don't hack in the server CC. They just send idiots to an external site, that looks similar, asks for username/password as a "login" and take all the details from there.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Pieface @ Oct 6 2009, 11:05 PM) *
They don't hack in the server CC. They just send idiots to an external site, that looks similar, asks for username/password as a "login" and take all the details from there.

I only read certain parts.
Marney1
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 6 2009, 11:07 PM) *

I only read certain parts.

In fairness I did change the source link in the OP from what contained minimal information to the BBC News one.
Qdeathstar

There are also Virus' which can trick your browser into pointing www.hotmail.com to the hacker site, making it almost impossible to detect...
DuffMan
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Oct 7 2009, 12:35 AM) *

There are also Virus' which can trick your browser into pointing www.hotmail.com to the hacker site, making it almost impossible to detect...

Well yes, but that's not what happened here.

The funny thing is, I'm a regular on Neowin, so it was quite strange seeing the admin on BBC News last night, and one of the site devs on BBC Radio 5 and World Service radio the night before. Got loads of traffic for the site though, haha...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.