Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swine Flu
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
GermanScientist
If anyone gets sick in the H1N1 virus ("swine flu") and haven't taken and don't want to take the shot (it's not really that dangerous like the media makes it sound like) here's a free shot for the swine flu, in audio form by new swedish group "Super Viral Brothers"

Swine Flu Shot Mixtape - Super Viral Brothers
DANNY B0Y
QUOTE (anomalous_result @ Oct 5 2009, 12:03 PM) *
QUOTE (Dan Stephen @ Oct 5 2009, 11:20 AM) *
And anyway, I thought you cannot get a vaccination for viral infections - virus cells mutate and change, so unless there's a miracle gonna happen, there is no way to get a swine flu vaccine.

Yeah they change but every winter we get a new vaccine developed for that season's dominant mutation. Anyway the death rate from confirmed cases is 0.5%, which isn't much. Compared to the death rate of H5N1 avian flu which is running at 60% of confirmed cases ending in death, it ain't bad at all.

Oh huh.gif Sorry, I always fall asleep during Science.
Marney1
Here is an expert on infectious diseases who says he wouldn't let his kids have the shot.

Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 10 2009, 06:23 PM) *
Although I accept your arguement that the MMR vaccine appears to have (statistically) no link with autism there are many experts who dispute this which still leaves the jury out on this one.
No it doesn't, especially when the term "expert" is so readily thrown about. But anyway, that's not the point as you said.

What benefits are there to be had from these vaccines?
Your body can recognise and deal with H1N1 antibodies readily.

What (if any) amount of mercury/thimerosal is a safe amount?
That's a pretty barbed question, since any amount of certain substances would theoretically lower your life expectancy curve minutely if there negative effects are looked at alone -- red wine is a major example. A small glass of it still has enough alcohol that theoretically it would shorten your life by 8 seconds. But in actual fact, probably not.

But the short answer is, your body can deal with quite a lot of mercury in the short term. Just not grams of it.

What are the exact (measures) ingredients of the H1N1 vaccines?
Attenutated H1N1, isotonic sugar solution and preservative, I can only assume. I don't know the measures by heart.

What are all of the side effects (long term as well as short)?
Welp in the long term as it's used, nothing. Thiomersal has a shrot half life in the body. In medical terms, ie "if you took it every x days", I don't know.

Is thimerosal even needed in the vaccine?
In the one it's being used for (which as I understand, is no longer planned for wide use) it is needed.

Fox video
I wonder about an expert [citation needed] fished out by Fox news who can't recognise mt syndrome and doesn't deny the autism link...what you're doing is making an appeal to authority through a man who, to my mind, holds no authority.
AlphaOmega
...heard from someone, that a "business associate" of theirs was a Q.A. lab person at a top pharm. company... keyword: WAS, they "left" (forced out) because their upper mgmt. wanted their approval on the H1N1 vac. from this company. They couldn't do it (cause they got morals) anywho in this person's words " It's nothing more than dirty water"
... enough said? ... I'd hope so. Modern science has a bottom line as well.... nothing is ever safe from the almighty dollar...
jawdrop.gif

plus it's a "weaker" version of the generic "ol" flu. a friend of mines 4yr. son kicked it's ass.
QUOTE (AlphaOmega @ Oct 11 2009, 05:16 AM) *
...heard from someone, that a "business associate" of theirs was a Q.A. lab person at a top pharm. company... keyword: WAS, they "left" (forced out) because their upper mgmt. wanted their approval on the H1N1 vac. from this company. They couldn't do it (cause they got morals) anywho in this person's words " It's nothing more than dirty water"
... enough said? ... I'd hope so. Modern science has a bottom line as well.... nothing is ever safe from the almighty dollar...
jawdrop.gif

plus it's a "weaker" version of the generic "ol" flu. a friend of mines 4yr. son kicked it's ass.
my dad works for the church and he said they literally all rape weasels on the weekend

i hope this is satisfactory proof for you
AlphaOmega
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Oct 11 2009, 09:05 AM) *
my dad works for the church and he said they literally all rape weasels on the weekend

so that's why they dress so nice.

yeah...well my dads bigger that yours... geez....
bird.gif

fyi It was the Red Cross Rep. that trains CPR/First Aid for my Company. Thought I share a experince/story I heard....

No need to get all "show-off-ish" next time I'll include my bibliography page and my works cited. So theirs no confusion.
Marney1
QUOTE (AlphaOmega @ Oct 11 2009, 09:44 PM) *

bird.gif

fyi It was the Red Cross Rep. that trains CPR/First Aid for my Company. Thought I share a experince/story I heard....

No need to get all "show-off-ish" next time I'll include my bibliography page and my works cited. So theirs no confusion.

Include it now please.
AlphaOmega
QUOTE (CaptainCharisma @ Oct 11 2009, 04:50 PM) *

bird.gif

Include it now please.

roll2.gif

seems funny to me that "Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester" can only tell everyone that their wrong, or how he's smarter than everyone on this post.... If your so smart why haven't you cured the flu, and autsim, etc... nothing personal, though that this was "infomation excange" not "I'm smarter that you so shut up"
QUOTE (AlphaOmega @ Oct 11 2009, 10:02 PM) *

bird.gif

Include it now please.

roll2.gif

seems funny to me that "Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester" can only tell everyone that their wrong, or how he's smarter than everyone on this post.... If your so smart why haven't you cured the flu, and autsim, etc... nothing personal, though that this was "infomation excange" not "I'm smarter that you so shut up"
I was just saying that your story was standard hearsay bullshit.

I have no interest in proving my intelligence relative to yours. My vested interest is that what makes scientific sense should come first beore barn-door conspiracy theories. To my mind this is not an "infomation excange" but a question, to which I justified my answer with the best of my knowledge, in spite of the background noise.

It's sad that you have to disagree so childishly.
Marney1
@Mellow; Will you take the shot(s)?
QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 11 2009, 11:38 PM) *
I've had swine flu.
Marney1
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Oct 12 2009, 08:51 AM) *
I've had swine flu.

DuffMan
Apparently I'm getting the swine flu jab some time in early November. Got my normal flu jab on Saturday though.
QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 12 2009, 02:16 PM) *
I've had swine flu.

There wouldn't be much point in being vaccinated in a strain I can no longer get.
AlphaOmega
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Oct 11 2009, 06:26 PM) *
QUOTE (AlphaOmega @ Oct 11 2009, 10:02 PM) *

bird.gif

Include it now please.

roll2.gif

I was just saying that your story was standard hearsay bullshit.

I have no interest in proving my intelligence relative to yours. My vested interest is that what makes scientific sense should come first beore barn-door conspiracy theories. To my mind this is not an "infomation excange" but a question, to which I justified my answer with the best of my knowledge, in spite of the background noise.

It's sad that you have to disagree so childishly.

what?....
I never disagreed on anything...
I was defending my input on said question, of which NO I'm not getting the H1N1 shot.
in which, you said it yourself...."It's sad that you have to disagree so childishly"
The pot calling the kettle black.
I'm not locking my doors waiting for the G-men to come an vacinate me. Nor did I want my statement to be thought of as such.

Anywho... "rape weasels on the weekend"
is flippin funny as hell, I'm still laughing at that one.... roll2.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Oct 12 2009, 08:48 PM) *
I've had swine flu.

There wouldn't be much point in being vaccinated in a strain I can no longer get.

How did you become immune to the H1N1 virus?

Would you advise a close family member to take one of the vaccines if they contracted it? (If yes, which vaccine?)
AlphaOmega
after contracting a virus, you bodyproduces anti-bodies that stop said strain of whatever you just had. He stated that he had contracted it before, hince he dosen't need the shot. Also that being said, if you have caught a flu "bug" before, and then again at any other time it's fairly safe to say you have had two "diffrent" strains of the flu... ironic.

wonder if their smart enough (the media) to catch on to this whopper of a story! LOL

BREAKING NEWS .... "You may have already had two or more strains of the flu in your life"
That would be an intire two hour segiment on FOX.
laugh.gif
QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 12 2009, 09:14 PM) *
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Oct 12 2009, 08:48 PM) *
I've had swine flu.

How did you become immune to the H1N1 virus?

Would you advise a close family member to take one of the vaccines if they contracted it? (If yes, which vaccine?)
I've had this year's strain, I'm very unlikely to get it again. That isn't to say I'm immune to H1N1 altogether, because those refer to two protein subunits which are common to most flu strains over the last 100 years.

I wouldn't suggest they take it if they contract it, since that's not how vaccines work. But anyone particularly at risk, I would suggest they take it prophylactically.
Hardcore Ottoman
I love that term. Prophylactic. The Greek guys love them too.
Marney1
@Mellow; Not sure if I get it but do you mean you would reccomend taking it as a precaution just in case?
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 12 2009, 06:09 PM) *
@Mellow; Not sure if I get it but do you mean you would recommend taking it as a precaution just in case?

QUOTE (mello)
But anyone particularly at risk, I would suggest they take it prophylactically.
Sounds like a roger, roger to me.
I don't mean "just in case", I mean that's the only use for a vaccine.

Vacca means cow -- the first vaccine was cow pox, which stopped you getting the similar and more dangerous small pox. The science behind it is the stuff of legends, and I'm sure it's on the wikipedia page or whatever else. A vaccine is something that gives you a small amount of a safe version of a pathogen. In the old days, this would mean giving you a little of the active disease. Now, we "attenuate" the disease -- destroy its DNA and RNA mechanically, but leave the antibodies that your blood recognises so it can be recognised by lymphocytes in future.

Therefore it's pointless once you have the disease, but once you're vaccinated, your body is infinitely better prepared to deal with it when you do get it (I could explain in terms of primary and secondary responses, but I think you get the idea).

It's some good science, and something I wish everyone knew more about...
Hardcore Ottoman
Pretty basic info. Was taught this before I became a teenager for sure. This is part of public education is it not?
I would've hoped so, but the number of times I've come across vaccine conspiracists who don't have the first idea would suggest otherwise. I never had a public education, so I couldn't directly comment.
Hardcore Ottoman
I have. And I can attest to this. An American one also.
Swiift
I've just had the flu thank-god it aint Swine but Swine flu don't look too bad.
Mattay
I'm set with taking a flu vaccination. I used to get them when I was a kid, but recently the last few years I've skipped out on them...like the rest of you, fearing a zombie apocalypse, I refused a mercury shot. Fuck that. If I want mercury inside of me, I'll fornicate myself with a thermometer and let it blow in my ass.
bOnEs
yea, i haven't gotten a flu shot since i was a wee little kid... and i don't plan on getting any in the near future either...
QUOTE (Mattay @ Oct 20 2009, 02:57 AM) *
I'm set with taking a flu vaccination. I used to get them when I was a kid, but recently the last few years I've skipped out on them...like the rest of you, fearing a zombie apocalypse, I refused a mercury shot. Fuck that. If I want mercury inside of me, I'll fornicate myself with a thermometer and let it blow in my ass.
Public knowledge of medicine fails again.
DANNY B0Y
According to a new counting method, 4000 in the US have been killed, 500+ being children. Fucking bullshit. UK has only had around 30-40 die, all it be is over-exaggeration. I don't listen to the news anymore now.

pedobearqx1.png
Marney1
Qdeathstar has had it.
kingturtle2005
Well it's pretty big here in sauga, but I still haven't gotten around to getting the vaccine. I absolutely hate needles... but they are saying it's kind of dying down, not many casualties here though.
TreeFitty
Somehow NJ held out from being in a "state of emergency" til the last few states. I think they jumped on the band wagon to get some government $$$.
bLizZ
Funny how the government and the media hypes up this joke of a flu and is trying to convince us to take it. It's seriously a joke at best. Surely they have a true motive behind it, no?

Then you have all of these cases of people, that took the vaccine and now they can't function normally. A cheerleader took the vaccine and now she can't walk straight.

Alot of people think the vaccine is posion in a vile, and it is. Don't take it, you can get over it in a few weeks with some sleep and eating good foods. My brother had it and it went away in 2 weeks for him. I didn't catch it either even though I was with him for 8 hours straight one day.
TreeFitty
I'm surprised people didn't start comparing it to I Am Legend. tongue.gif

"o noez! the thing that was supposed to help didn't and millions of people are getting it!"
Marney1
QUOTE (bLizZ @ Nov 29 2009, 09:32 PM) *
Funny how the government and the media hypes up this joke of a flu and is trying to convince us to take it. It's seriously a joke at best. Surely they have a true motive behind it, no?

Then you have all of these cases of people, that took the vaccine and now they can't function normally. A cheerleader took the vaccine and now she can't walk straight.

Alot of people think the vaccine is posion in a vile, and it is. Don't take it, you can get over it in a few weeks with some sleep and eating good foods. My brother had it and it went away in 2 weeks for him. I didn't catch it either even though I was with him for 8 hours straight one day.

I think the cheerleader had the reaction from the regular flu shot not one of the H1N1 shots.
TreeFitty
ah yes it was actually: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/health/101309_w...action_dystonia

I still stand by my previous comment though. as an overall perspective.
DuffMan
I just got the vaccine. They weren't lying when they said it'll ache more than the normal flu jab >_>
The Awesome One
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Dec 12 2009, 12:46 PM) *
I just got the vaccine. They weren't lying when they said it'll ache more than the normal flu jab >_>

Tell us if you die because of the side effects.
Alex Smith
i got my vaccination 2 weeks ago and havent suffered from Guillen-Bare syndrom yet. It didnt hurt after, felt nothing during and after. LMAO at all the paranoid people.
The Awesome One
Ive got a really bad cold. Swine flu? Probably not, im still moving, but I just get exhausted quicker.
DuffMan
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Dec 18 2009, 11:07 PM) *
Ive got a really bad cold. Swine flu? Probably not, im still moving, but I just get exhausted quicker.

Ditto. I have to have a window open to be able to breathe indoors, which means I have a choice between being a bit chilly or asphyxiated by my own sinal fluid.
Massacre
I don't know what the "three" version of ditto is (Titto?), but I'm having the same problem. First time I've been sick in almost a year.
Marney1
Same here but Rocket Fuel coffee is the cure.
DuffMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 22 2009, 06:48 PM) *
I don't know what the "three" version of ditto is (Titto?), but I'm having the same problem. First time I've been sick in almost a year.

Yeah I haven't been properly ill for 18 months. Just had a Lemsip but that did fuck all, I'm just loaded on paracetamol now.
Marney1
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Dec 22 2009, 07:44 PM) *

Yeah I haven't been properly ill for 18 months. Just had a Lemsip but that did fuck all, I'm just loaded on paracetamol now.

Didn't you get the vaccine?
Massacre
Well, if it's not Swine Flu, I imagine the vaccine won't do a whole lot.

I've just realized that aside from three aspirin tablets and a bottle of peroxide, my bathroom is completely devoid of any kind of medication.
DuffMan
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 22 2009, 07:54 PM) *
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Dec 22 2009, 07:44 PM) *

Didn't you get the vaccine?

Bad cold != swine flu. I'm not crippled or bed ridden, I just find it very difficult to breathe when the air isn't circulating. If it wasn't so icy I'd probably be out walking or driving with the window open.
The Awesome One
I still have that cold, but I can run about now. Played some footie yesterday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.