Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flash & Actionscript 3.0
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Media & Graphics
Psy
Anyone on here had any experience with Flash and/or Actionscript 3.0? I'm just starting to learn it at uni this year and I have a few assignments, mainly which involve creating small games in flash. The programming's not too hard for me because I have a lot of experience, but if anyone's got any flash creations they want to share please post them here. I wouldn't mind a few people who I can ask for advice if I get stuck.

I'll post my flash files as and when I create them smile.gif
DuPz0r
I've used AS 2. It was simple and easy to use. All the scripts are there for you to play with. So you don't have so memories much. But i've not tried AS 3 yet.. Sorry. I made an interactive website in flash btw. And i've also made a little flash game in the past.

What are you doing at Uni btw?
Psy
Web Design & Development, but this year we're doing video creation/editing, multimedia for computer games (which will involve creating a 3D model of a character and animating it), and also flash games with action script - alongside PHP and website planning.
Psy
Here's my latest work for a uni assignment. Took me about 30 hours to put this together. Not bad for only my second attempt at flash if I may say so myself tongue.gif.

http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/psy/shooter.html

Also the first game I made in flash is the following:

The rules for the assignment at uni were that I had to make a game using only beachballs and elephants, and the ONLY user input was to press the space bar. Nothing else was allowed on the screen.

http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/psy/psy.html
TreeFitty
^those are actually quite fun. good time wasters.
Marney1
The bowling game is impossible to get a full strike but was fun for 5 minutes. tongue.gif
The War on Terror game - I had no chance because I don't have a mouse just a finger pad.
Psy
You can get a strike, you just have to get the ball perfectly either just left or right of the center pin tongue.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (Psy @ Jan 7 2010, 05:55 PM) *
You can get a strike, you just have to get the ball perfectly either just left or right of the center pin tongue.gif

I was aiming too perfect then.
Psy
If you hit the middle pin dead on, you rarely ever get a strike in real bowling. It will usually leave you with a 7-10 split.
Marney1
QUOTE (Psy @ Jan 7 2010, 06:15 PM) *
If you hit the middle pin dead on, you rarely ever get a strike in real bowling. It will usually leave you with a 7-10 split.

Don't try to justify it you fucked up admit it. wink.gif
TreeFitty
I keep getting a split with 1 on one side and 2 on the other. sad.gif
Psy
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 7 2010, 06:25 PM) *

I physically coded the coordinates the ball needs to go to get a strike tongue.gif. I'm awesome at bowling so I should know wink.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (Psy @ Jan 7 2010, 07:17 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 7 2010, 06:25 PM) *

I physically coded the coordinates the ball needs to go to get a strike tongue.gif. I'm awesome at bowling so I should know wink.gif

LOL God loves a tryer but you're something else. XD.png
bOnEs
i got two strikes in my first play, and thats how you bowl... just to the left or right of the center pin... and the shooting game was pretty good too... we've had some down time at work lately and, they're suggested that we watch this flash tutorial video to kill the time... i haven't watched it yet but, seeing your creations has got me thinking of some cool stuff i could do...

i'm watching that video either monday or tuesday... i've been itching to learn flash for quite some time now... i don't think the video will teach me anything about making complex action scripts like that but, it does teach the basics... i'm sure there's plenty of online tutorials that could teach me the more complex stuff but, i've wanted to learn flash for the longest time now...

i'm learning it this week...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.