Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Iran
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Political & World News
Pages: 1, 2
Marney1
The web of lies and propoganda has begun against Iran and the stupid public are going to fall for it hook line and sinker yet again as they did in the run up to the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.

People need to start listening to Irans side of the story too instead of believing everything their presidents and prime ministers tell them.
Heartless
We've been preparing for this push for ages - look around Iran. Do you see the massive troop buildup the world has there? Everyone is ready to move at a moments notice.
Marney1
QUOTE (sve knjige svijeta @ Sep 26 2009, 03:54 AM) *
We've been preparing for this push for ages - look around Iran. Do you see the massive troop buildup the world has there? Everyone is ready to move at a moments notice.

Yep, they're surrounded alright and when the invasion begins it will be from all sides instead of the usual attack via one or two borders.
The Iranians know it's going to happen and they're far from stupid, you can bet they'll have surprises galore waiting for us. They won't go down easily and if anyone thinks post war Iraq is dragging on you aint seen nothing yet.
The Awesome One
Iran need to sort themselves out as they are in a war. The fact that they are building a nuclear bomb isnt going to help them.
Heartless
QUOTE (marney1 @ Sep 25 2009, 11:18 PM) *

Yep, they're surrounded alright and when the invasion begins it will be from all sides instead of the usual attack via one or two borders.
The Iranians know it's going to happen and they're far from stupid, you can bet they'll have surprises galore waiting for us. They won't go down easily and if anyone thinks post war Iraq is dragging on you aint seen nothing yet.

Iraq didn't drag; we accomplished what we set out to do. The Gulf War was an invasion, done in under a hundred hours. OIF is an ongoing police action to patrol and fortify a long-term defensive position, as well as to bring stability to a country lacking firm leadership. Many Americans have this mentality that because of Vietnam, all military actions in the world are bad, when that isn't necessarily the case. A war with Iran will see heavy casualties, sure, but it's not going to be this hellish vision of WW2 that many people have. I give an American led Iran invasion 3 months to leave Tehran a smoking crater.
Marney1
QUOTE (sve knjige svijeta @ Sep 26 2009, 08:12 AM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Sep 25 2009, 11:18 PM) *

Iraq didn't drag; we accomplished what we set out to do. The Gulf War was an invasion, done in under a hundred hours. OIF is an ongoing police action to patrol and fortify a long-term defensive position, as well as to bring stability to a country lacking firm leadership. Many Americans have this mentality that because of Vietnam, all military actions in the world are bad, when that isn't necessarily the case. A war with Iran will see heavy casualties, sure, but it's not going to be this hellish vision of WW2 that many people have. I give an American led Iran invasion 3 months to leave Tehran a smoking crater.

^ I was referring to 'post war' Iraq - as in the continued occupation.
Mekstizzle
There probably wouldn't be any occupation of Iran. Just making sure there is a regime change and destroying all of their nuclear stuff, then pulling out and letting them sort out the aftermath on their own. Thing is though, it probably wouldn't go like that. They wouldn't just let someone come in fuck the country up and leave.

They'd do all they can to fuck things up for Israel, and to fuck things up in Iraq and Afghanistan. Moreso than currently. Much more. They'd probably drag the US and any other invading countries into an even bloodier conflict, all it would do is send even more shockwaves around the Muslim world and in general any sort of Iranian invasion would mess everything up big time.

Whatever happens loads of people would get fucked up.

Tbh, I doubt Iran would be invaded. It would just be too much. It would be the last straw for any population/government in Europe who don't like getting involved in stupid wars, I doubt Obama would do it and it'd just put the Muslim world into a frenzy.

It's a shame that the recent Iran election was fucked up though. Makes you sometimes think maybe these guys (A-jod and the clerics and ayatollahs) do need to get bombed to shit. I wouldn't really mind if that happens.
Marney1
Short statement from Ahmadinejad Tehran Times
DuPz0r
QUOTE (marney1 @ Sep 26 2009, 04:18 AM) *

Yep, this shit was premeditated. And it isn't going to settle quickly...
anomalous_result
I don't get it, you think we shouldn't listen to our own premiers but an Iranian propaganda site is fine? I lol'd a little though "Ahmadinejad said except the U.S. and a few of its European allies almost all countries in the world support Iranís nuclear program." Except the UN who have imposed sanctions for Iran's behaviour in that very area.
Marney1
QUOTE (anomalous_result @ Sep 26 2009, 07:35 PM) *
I don't get it, you think we shouldn't listen to our own premiers but an Iranian propaganda site is fine? I lol'd a little though "Ahmadinejad said except the U.S. and a few of its European allies almost all countries in the world support Iranís nuclear program." Except the UN who have imposed sanctions for Iran's behaviour in that very area.

Hopefully this topic will fill up with facts rather than Fox News viewers' comments.
Click to view attachment
DuPz0r
QUOTE (marney1 @ Sep 26 2009, 07:54 PM) *

Hopefully this topic will fill up with facts rather than Fox News viewers' comments.
Click to view attachment

Isn't Egypt on the other side of the red sea... unsure.gif
Seeen
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 26 2009, 08:30 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Isn't Egypt on the other side of the red sea... unsure.gif

It doesn't matter to viewers who don't know shit anyway. All they wanna do is kill all the brown people.
LoonaTyk1

It doesn't matter to viewers who don't know shit anyway. All they wanna do is kill all the brown people.
[/quote]
whats wrong with that ?
Marney1
Funny comment LoonaTyk1 but this isn't The Asylum.......I'll let you off this time.

Anyway, the media's view that Irans test firing of missiles and the commencement of more than a week of war games in the country are a 'show of force' on the back of western concerns is misleading.
The Iranians wouldn't have (and couldn't have) organised these tests and war games in a couple of days it would have been in the planning for months and months just like every other major power does.

We all carry out tests and war games to iron out any faults in current tactics to be sure we are up to date with defence issues - Iran is just doing the same as they have a right to do.

The media also keep mentioning Irans lies but fail to say what these lies are.......I'd like to know.
anomalous_result

Click to view attachment

Resorting to the ad hominem to get your point across? Exactly which school of debate do you subscribe to? And I'm not a Fox viewer and the UN have imposed sanctions. Fact. I could go on but you seem even less open to evidence than the very Fox viewers you so wish to deride, so I'll get my coat.
Marney1
QUOTE (anomalous_result @ Sep 27 2009, 04:28 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Resorting to the ad hominem to get your point across? Exactly which school of debate do you subscribe to? And I'm not a Fox viewer and the UN have imposed sanctions. Fact. I could go on but you seem even less open to evidence than the very Fox viewers you so wish to deride, so I'll get my coat.

I'm yet to see any evidence so if you know of any then why not provide a link or something?
LoonaTyk1
QUOTE (marney1 @ Sep 27 2009, 07:53 AM) *
Funny comment LoonaTyk1 but this isn't The Asylum.......I'll let you off this time.

Anyway, the media's view that Irans test firing of missiles and the commencement of more than a week of war games in the country are a 'show of force' on the back of western concerns is misleading.
The Iranians wouldn't have (and couldn't have) organised these tests and war games in a couple of days it would have been in the planning for months and months just like every other major power does.

We all carry out tests and war games to iron out any faults in current tactics to be sure we are up to date with defence issues - Iran is just doing the same as they have a right to do.

The media also keep mentioning Irans lies but fail to say what these lies are.......I'd like to know.

lies about not wanting to make a nuclear weapon . why else would they want the technology ?
Marney1
QUOTE (LoonaTyk1 @ Sep 27 2009, 05:45 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Sep 27 2009, 07:53 AM) *

lies about not wanting to make a nuclear weapon . why else would they want the technology ?

Maybe they want it for domestic energy like we have in the UK and US.
LoonaTyk1
i think they want both.
Marney1
QUOTE (LoonaTyk1 @ Sep 27 2009, 06:29 PM) *
i think they want both.

What if they do want a nuclear bomb? Why are you concerned?
LoonaTyk1
QUOTE (marney1 @ Sep 27 2009, 12:43 PM) *
i think they want both.

i'm not concerned . if they do want a bomb , i dont care , we have hundreds of them. if they want to nuke Israel thats fine with me also . i just dont believe they want it only for energy .
Seeen
Hahaha, take that Israel.
new major on the block
QUOTE (marney1 @ Sep 27 2009, 01:53 PM) *

Come on that was a Hilarious comment. I laughed my ass off with that one. LoonaTyk1, youre funny.

But on the serious note, i also think they want both. But if they were soo into wanting to build on an industry that will provide power for all of iran, then answer me this, Why nuclear power, especially with all the dangers involved? Why not giant solar or wind farms? Why not instead invest your wealth into that? Because it comes down to the same fact and that is they want a Bomb. That is the answer, so they dont feel threatened or bullied, they could use it as a power trip. We got a bomb and we know many bad people who want to use it so you treat us how we want to be treated and give us what we want to recieve.
Tranque
Nuclearpower is extremely cost effective. Solar panels are extremely expensive and windfarms are relatively expensive as well. I'm tend to step back from these things because I don't like to get my facts from either side of the propoganda fence and I prefer to look at a nations past actions, because actions don't have Public Relations worries, its just history. I also don't feel comfortable speaking on something with my only basis being news programs (even msnbc or cnn). All I do know is that solar panels are a bitch of an expense and have a relatively low input for the cost, wind-farms as well. When I learned about nuclear energy not only is it clean but it is extremely effective, all you have to worry about is another Chernobil.
LoonaTyk1
QUOTE (new major on the block @ Sep 30 2009, 10:43 PM) *

Come on that was a Hilarious comment. I laughed my ass off with that one. LoonaTyk1, youre funny.

But on the serious note, i also think they want both. But if they were soo into wanting to build on an industry that will provide power for all of iran, then answer me this, Why nuclear power, especially with all the dangers involved? Why not giant solar or wind farms? Why not instead invest your wealth into that? Because it comes down to the same fact and that is they want a Bomb. That is the answer, so they dont feel threatened or bullied, they could use it as a power trip. We got a bomb and we know many bad people who want to use it so you treat us how we want to be treated and give us what we want to recieve.

i thought it was funny also. at least he let me off this time so i should be safe. Iran wants nukes no doubt about it. they can say they want it for power or energy but if so they should have no problem letting inspectors in to look at what they are doing. they also want a nuke. to think otherwise is ignorant.
Marney1
QUOTE (LoonaTyk1 @ Oct 1 2009, 06:06 AM) *

i thought it was funny also. at least he let me off this time so i should be safe. Iran wants nukes no doubt about it. they can say they want it for power or energy but if so they should have no problem letting inspectors in to look at what they are doing. they also want a nuke. to think otherwise is ignorant.

According to the IAEA they have been fully cooperative with inspections and reports that say otherwise are politically motivated.
LoonaTyk1
QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 1 2009, 08:01 AM) *

According to the IAEA they have been fully cooperative with inspections and reports that say otherwise are politically motivated.

so , they dont want nukes ??
Marney1
QUOTE (LoonaTyk1 @ Oct 2 2009, 12:36 AM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 1 2009, 08:01 AM) *

so , they dont want nukes ??

Well all the evidence so far points to the 'domestic purposes' reason and producing a nuke would be suicide, so I don't think they'll bother trying to produce one.
LoonaTyk1
i guess we'll have to wait and see . personally i don't see iran as a threat . i think they know also that to build one would be foolish and i can't imagine them ever using one on israel . i just hope a confrontation with the U.S. is avoided .
Marney1
Latest news is that Iran now has 'information' to make a nuclear bomb.
LoonaTyk1
QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 4 2009, 10:30 AM) *

they probably googled it .
Marney1
QUOTE (LoonaTyk1 @ Oct 4 2009, 04:53 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 4 2009, 10:30 AM) *

they probably googled it .

Fox News is who actually said it, for them to backtrack this far tells you that this whole thing is BS.
Skinny†

Iran has a lot of domestic problems, the last thing they need is swarms of troops invading, which is what will happen if they attack Israel.
Hardcore Ottoman
I really get the feeling Iran is not quite as belligerent as the media makes them out to be. Iran citizens even support the West in some cases, usually the younger, female side, no?
LoonaTyk1
QUOTE (punxtr @ Oct 19 2009, 10:00 PM) *
I really get the feeling Iran is not quite as belligerent as the media makes them out to be. Iran citizens even support the West in some cases, usually the younger, female side, no?

i kind of see it that way also . don't think iran is really a threat .
Marney1
I know an Iranian who is from Tehran and now living here in Liverpool and he decided moving here was better for him and his family. I don't know his exact reasons for leaving but he has quite a few family members living here in England.
He had fought in the Iran Iraq war as a conscript in the 80's and said the laws can be a bit strict; He was once stopped by the police when he was about 18 and they asked him who the girl was in the car with him. He told them it was his girlfriend and they just told him it was wrong without the consent of her parents to be alone with him. He agreed with them and they let him on his way.

He told me he had a shop in Tehran and the local council or something like that forced him to close it for no apparent reason. He reckons it was because he was a cristian and the Iranians prefer muslims to run businesses.

He said this is when he decided to leave for the UK but when he and his family (wife & 2 daughters) tried to cross the border into Afghanistan (not using the proper border crossing) they came under fire from police or soldiers and they took cover behind some rocks.
Eventually they stopped firing and just let them go on their way.

Although these events happened to him he has no ill feeling toward his country and a large part of his family still live there. I asked him if it would be alright for him to visit his family at any time and he told me it was.
His opinion is that no country has a right to tell another how it should be governed and the people of Iran are a happy people and most of them are happy to abide by the law.

His only gripe is that he thinks the government favour muslims over christians to become succesful.

Just a story I thought I'd share with everyone.
Marney1
Is this the only US politician who cares about Americans?

LoonaTyk1
QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 20 2009, 12:19 PM) *
I know an Iranian who is from Tehran and now living here in Liverpool and he decided moving here was better for him and his family. I don't know his exact reasons for leaving but he has quite a few family members living here in England.
He had fought in the Iran Iraq war as a conscript in the 80's and said the laws can be a bit strict; He was once stopped by the police when he was about 18 and they asked him who the girl was in the car with him. He told them it was his girlfriend and they just told him it was wrong without the consent of her parents to be alone with him. He agreed with them and they let him on his way.

He told me he had a shop in Tehran and the local council or something like that forced him to close it for no apparent reason. He reckons it was because he was a cristian and the Iranians prefer muslims to run businesses.

He said this is when he decided to leave for the UK but when he and his family (wife & 2 daughters) tried to cross the border into Afghanistan (not using the proper border crossing) they came under fire from police or soldiers and they took cover behind some rocks.

Although these events happened to him he has no ill feeling toward his country and a large part of his family still live there. I asked him if it would be alright for him to visit his family at any time and he told me it was.
His opinion is that no country has a right to tell another how it should be governed and the people of Iran are a happy people and most of them are happy to abide by the law.

His only gripe is that he thinks the government favour muslims over christians to become succesful.

how sweet !
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
It's a fine tale of non-intervention, but at the same time, Iran wants some say about how a particular strip of land 500miles to its West is governed.
demon
QUOTE (marney1 @ Sep 26 2009, 01:25 AM) *
The web of lies and propoganda has begun against Iran and the stupid public are going to fall for it hook line and sinker yet again as they did in the run up to the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.

People need to start listening to Irans side of the story too instead of believing everything their presidents and prime ministers tell them.

So you think we should listen more to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? Is that the kind of leader you would trust? I think you should not listen to him and listen more to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

QUOTE (marney1 @ Sep 26 2009, 04:18 AM) *

There will be no large scale invasion of Iran. The political, military and economical cost of doing that is too high. What is possible, is limited attacks to destroy their nuclear program and perhaps overthrow their government.

QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 26 2009, 08:06 AM) *
Iran need to sort themselves out as they are in a war. The fact that they are building a nuclear bomb isnt going to help them.

This is true. Actually the Iranian government and in particular the president are Iran's biggest enemy.
Marney1
@demon - Listen to the IAEA? Why what have they said?
demon
QUOTE (Mekstizzle @ Sep 26 2009, 05:05 PM) *
It's a shame that the recent Iran election was fucked up though. Makes you sometimes think maybe these guys (A-jod and the clerics and ayatollahs) do need to get bombed to shit. I wouldn't really mind if that happens.

They do have alot of domestic problems. This can be a reason for their leaders to make enemies outside their boarders. That'll unite the Iranian population.

I don't get it, you think we shouldn't listen to our own premiers but an Iranian propaganda site is fine? I lol'd a little though "Ahmadinejad said except the U.S. and a few of its European allies almost all countries in the world support Iran’s nuclear program." Except the UN who have imposed sanctions for Iran's behaviour in that very area.

Lol, exactly.

QUOTE (marney1 @ Sep 27 2009, 06:43 PM) *
i think they want both.

Maybe because the top heads in Iran are threathening other countries? Iran do not accept the existence of Israel. And Israel is a small country, what do you think just one nuclear bomb would do there? It would more or less finish one of the many things Hitler started.

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 21 2010, 09:32 PM) *
@demon - Listen to the IAEA? Why what have they said?

I do not have a quote ready for you, but I believe they are not quite happy with Iran.
Spoiler
IAEA and UN are at the most the biggest talk show and at the least puppets of the west.

"On September 16, 2004 Secretary-General of the United Nations Kofi Annan, speaking on the invasion, said, "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN Charter. From our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal.""

And Uncle Sam and cousins gave him a middle finger. UN is only good at muddling in Africa and nowhere else.

Iranians knew this and they are entertaining them just long enough so that they could accomplish the nuke bomb.

Haven't the west learn enough in Iraq? that occupying a country with the most advance weapons doesn't win a war or actually govern a country anymore?
The last time this strategy worked is in 1940s AND only when Gestapo and Nazi are giving a bullet to whoever they don't agreed with or send them to gas chambers.

Afterward, the Brits can't even keep their colonies and oh yea almost forgot that strategy still did work in a way for the Russians up to 1990s. but that's about it. time has changed and people outgrew the strategies.

Unless they are willing to rule from the bunkers, good luck with Iran.

edit: another big difference is invading Iran will be against the will of majority Iranians unlike Saddam where Iraqi despised him and still they don't have much love for their liberators either.
demon
QUOTE (LoonaTyk1 @ Oct 4 2009, 09:04 AM) *
i guess we'll have to wait and see . personally i don't see iran as a threat . i think they know also that to build one would be foolish and i can't imagine them ever using one on israel . i just hope a confrontation with the U.S. is avoided .

I think they might wipe out Israel, but who knows. But if Iran drops the bomb on Israel, then Iran must be eliminated. I can see the need for a few ICBMs in that case. It will be terrible. sad.gif

QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 20 2009, 01:19 PM) *

Thanks that's a nice story.
Marney1
Israeli, U.S warships heading for the Red Sea.

Haaretz.com
GTA_SA
Iran is a unified country, and Iraq is a divided country, and has always been like that.

Any attack on Iran, America would lose, just like an attack on China or with china where ever, would just lead to another disaster.
An attack may be inevitable eventually, Texas is pretty dried up for crude oil, just like the other south states. It is quite serious.

But beyond that I can't see a future If it goes that way.
demon
QUOTE (GTA_SA @ Jul 21 2010, 03:00 PM) *
Any attack on Iran, America would lose, just like an attack on China or with china where ever, would just lead to another disaster.

How do you lose an attack? Send ground troops? So don't send ground troops.

Use rockets, and maybe airplanes too.
Heartless
QUOTE (marney1 @ Dec 17 2009, 11:24 AM) *
Is this the only US politician who cares about Americans?

That's great and all, but I think Iran just proved him wrong.
Marney1
Provocative?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...estigation.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.