Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA:Vice City Soundtrack
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA III Series > GTA Vice City
Handsome B Wonderful
I guess now would be a good time to restart this topic. Basically, it covers all the elements of the game's soundtrack, apart from sound effects, police radio etc (lol). Vote for your favourite music and talkback station. No multiple choice here, though (If you can't pick one station after almost 7 years, you are a wimp, and need to leave the hall! lol, jk). Also, tell everyone what your favourite songs and ads in the game are. Heck, if you can still remember them, talk about your fav DJ. Or just go on about how they don't make pop like they did in the 80's. Damn those handsome Jonas Brothers!

Anyway, when i first started playing VC, VRock was the only station i listened to constantly. However, over time Flash and Wave 103 became my favourites, and the only songs on VRock that don't annoy me are by Maiden, Priest, Megadeth, and Slayer. As a whole, the soundtrack to this game is the main reason i still play VC every now and then.

Favourite Music Station: Wave 103, with Flash a close 2nd.
Favourite Talkback Station: Obviously, VCPR
Favourite Songs (in no order):
Hall & Oates - Out Of Touch
Slayer - Raining Blood
Rick James - Ghetto Life
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight
Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Go West - Call Me
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
Megadeth - Peace Sells notworthy.gif
Toto - Africa
Tears For Fears - Pale Shelter
Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
ABC - Poison Arrow
Luther Vandross - Never Too Much
Lionel Richie - Running With The Night

Favourite Ad: It's got to be Rusty Brown's Ring Donuts. "I just love the batter all over my face".
HB~Sauce
I went with Wildstyle (Super Rocking Mr. Magic on Pirate Radio) and VCPR. That game did have one of the best soundtracks to a GTA game though, everything was solid.
§ynch
VRock and KChat.

For stunting, usually hit the VRock.

Doing driving missions, and car collections, KChat.

Gang stuff over in Little Havana and Little Haiti, Wildstyle.

Some of the stuff for 100% was boring and tedious so I checked out every station.

One of the highlights of the GTA games is the humor on the radio, VC was one of the best.
GLC
I went with Vrock and K-chat.
Massacre
Vrock and VCPR.
trathen93
flash fm and VCPR, loved having the amazing 80s pop music to go round the city with (especially michael jackson). VCPR was good too, but it still doesn't match chatterbox from gta 3.
OptimumPx
Wave 103, Flash FM, VCPR, and VRock.

In that order.
Seeen
-Wildstyle! Super Rockin Mr. Magic played all the cuts.
-Vrock is the shit, too. 80's hair metal? Awesome.
-Wave 103 is what I listen to most often, though. I love synthesizers and music that sounds like they're sad because it's raining outside.

HOWEVER: For the record, I know and love every station. All the commercials, radio banter... all that shit.

VC is my 2nd favorite game ever (if you couldn't tell by the avatar), and many years of my life have been spent doing stunts on PCJs.
Kamahl
Vrock, i voted VCPR from what i remember, but i didnt really listen to it that much
Uproar
Gotta love Emotion and VCPR
DANNY B0Y
Flash FM and VCPR. I like Pop and I like the antics of Maurice Chavez.
OptimumPx
QUOTE (Dan Stephen @ Oct 14 2009, 04:10 PM) *
Flash FM and VCPR. I like Pop and I like the antics of Maurice Chavez.

Johnathan: Over to you, Maurice, in the studio! ...Useless, talentless asshole.

Michelle: You're correct, he is an asshole!

Maurice: I love those guys! Really professional and living proof that all the talent isn't on commercial networks.
ViceMan
I think VC had the most stations I actually listened to, the only one I didn't was Espantoso, seems others feel the same since it has 0 votes. Everything seemed right about it, even though the music was mostly cheesy new-wave pop it suited the setting. I remember flying between the first and second islands in the seaplane listening to Toto's Africa. Fun times I tell thee.
DANNY B0Y
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Oct 20 2009, 09:29 PM) *
I think VC had the most stations I actually listened to

Same here.

GTA III - Chatterbox, HEAD Radio, Lips 106, Flashback FM
GTA SA - RLS, Playback FM, Bounce FM, WCTR, K-Dst
GTA LCS - LCFR, Liberty Jam, HEAD Radio
GTA VCS - Flash FM, VCPR
GTA IV - PLR, Vladivostok FM, WKTT
BoGT - Mostly all

Just BoGT that matches VC's soundtrack.
TreeFitty
wildstyle and vcpr. vrock was second and i never really listened to the talk stations anyway (never beat chatterbox in gta3 sad.gif )
Marney1
Vice City had the best music and feel good factor of any game ever.

Ex-PS Fanboy
I have to say Fever was my favorite. I usually listen to Vrock, but when I first started playing the only thing I would listen to was fever. As for talkback, I never listened to those, but I liked VCPR more than K-Chat.
trathen93
i have installed vice city back on my pc because of this topic and i seem to favour v rock a bit more now simply because of lazlow. i keep listening to flash fm though.
DANNY B0Y
QUOTE (Q-Nino @ Nov 15 2009, 10:35 PM) *
i have installed vice city back on my pc because of this topic

After reading this topic, I friggin' lost mine! Still, great game, great 80s soundtrack. VCS carried it on when it was released in my opinion.
Jacko
I love almost every radiostation of the game because I love the music from the 80's. The only radiostation I haven't ever spend time listening to is VCPR.
Dog Mauser Truck
QUOTE (Dan Steven @ Nov 13 2009, 07:21 PM) *
Vice City had the best music and feel good factor of any game ever.

Most assuredly, GTA Vice City is the definitive GTA game.
B. Goes to LCS
C. GTA III
D VCS
E. GTAIV

I love Mini14s(kruger), 1980s rock music the Rhino Tank.

Why can't Rock Star do each game as a seperate series unto itself?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.