Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you bastards get secret achievements?!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
DANNY B0Y
No, because I was being metaphorical and I only pay in post counts. You smart-ass fool.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Disco Dennis @ Dec 21 2009, 08:56 PM) *
No, because I was being metaphorical and I only pay in post counts. You smart-ass fool.

I will have 50 posts please.
DANNY B0Y
Unlocked a new Achievement yesterday. This ain't gonna make no difference on my Secret Chievo failures.
Hardcore Ottoman
That one seems hard to get so congrats. I'm in dire need of some of the shit you have: news anchor, comment all about it, 28 days (I just can't log in that regularly), worldview thing.
DANNY B0Y
World Famous? Only a few people have got it so it will be a good thing to use randomly in an argument over Chievos. News Anchor is easy as long as you've got something to cover, I was bitching about 28 Days Later before unlocking it and Comment All About It required a bit of luck.
Other than that, I plan on unlocking another Chievo as family have sent me 50 alone through a few Christmas Cards. That's Gold Membership sorted.
demon
How do you bastards get secret achievements?!

This topic made me ROFL even before I had opened the thread. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Seeen @ Sep 21 2009, 09:13 PM) *
DAMN YOU!

More "lol"

QUOTE (Benzilla @ Sep 21 2009, 09:33 PM) *
There's a secret achievement for staying off the forums for 365 consecutive days.

I've been off for more than a year. Where can I collect the prize? tongue.gif

EDIT:

I got a "Dirty Words" achievement for this post. But I have not said any dirty words. unsure.gif
GLC
Still counts if you quote a post with one in.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (demon red @ Jan 7 2010, 01:50 PM) *
EDIT:

I got a "Dirty Words" achievement for this post. But I have not said any dirty words. unsure.gif

Depends what's set to be "dirty". Bastards and Damn aren't really naughty but they may be among the trigger words.
ViceMan
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 7 2010, 06:54 PM) *
EDIT:

Depends what's set to be "dirty". Bastards and Damn aren't really naughty but they may be among the trigger words.

Don't lie you... mod. You know everything now you're one of them.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 7 2010, 02:04 PM) *
EDIT:

sad.gif

I can't see anything. Can't even see what the other secret achievments are. mad.gif
Psy
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 7 2010, 08:07 PM) *
EDIT:

sad.gif

I can't see anything. Can't even see what the other secret achievments are. mad.gif

MUAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! Jumpy.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (Psy @ Jan 7 2010, 09:29 PM) *
EDIT:

sad.gif

Does Psy have the one for mentioning 'The Special One'?
TreeFitty
"The Great One" and yes he does if you bothered to click his achievement sig.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 7 2010, 10:45 PM) *
"The Great One" and yes he does if you bothered to click his achievement sig.

Don't you talk down to me like you're some kind of mod who do you think you are?

Yeah I'll check that.
Psy
I didn't mention my name in a post, I just quoted someone who quoted me clap.gif
TreeFitty
^shouldn't you be busy coding? mad.gif we want more achievements damn it!
The Awesome One
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 7 2010, 10:42 PM) *
QUOTE (Psy @ Jan 7 2010, 09:29 PM) *
EDIT:

sad.gif

Does Psy have the one for mentioning 'The Special One'?

Great man. Great manag--oh, not that Special one..
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 7 2010, 11:06 PM) *

Yeah get the fuck out of our playground and get back to work.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 7 2010, 06:19 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 7 2010, 11:06 PM) *

Yeah get the fuck out of our playground and get back to work.

*Banhammer*
Psy
If you want moar achievements, Pyro'll have to get busy designing the icons while I code. I can code about 10 achievements an hour, maybe more, but it takes him awhile to make the awesome achievement icons...
DANNY B0Y
Can this topic go back to torturing my brains and fingers?
TreeFitty
Ask away...
Marney1
Is there an exclusive achievement for Disco Kid - a big fat FML 0?
DANNY B0Y
It's nearly midnight. I'll stay on because it's snowing like hell so there's no chance of me doing anything vaguely interesting tomorrow. Plus, I just realised TF's a Mod. I am so ignorant sometimes.

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 7 2010, 11:57 PM) *

I hope there is. It'll still be an Achievement.
Marney1
QUOTE (Disco Dennis @ Jan 8 2010, 12:00 AM) *
It's nearly midnight. I'll stay on because it's snowing like hell so there's no chance of me doing anything vaguely interesting tomorrow. Plus, I just realised TF's a Mod. I am so ignorant sometimes.

It might not be an exclusive though because CC could well join you.
demon
Is Psy the webmaster? And is Psy short for Psycho?
Marney1
QUOTE (demon red @ Jan 8 2010, 12:18 AM) *

Psy (Simon) is indeed the webmaster here and his name is short for Psycopsy (Or just meant to sound like Si).
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (demon red @ Jan 7 2010, 07:18 PM) *

It's his nickname. Simon "Psy" Elliot.

I noticed one of his FAQs on another site and it was under Psycopsy thought...
DANNY B0Y
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 8 2010, 12:05 AM) *
QUOTE (Disco Dennis @ Jan 8 2010, 12:00 AM) *

It might not be an exclusive though because CC could well join you.

Anyone can join in. FML0 chievo FTW!!
demon
Eureka! snf (11).gif

I discovered that I have unlocked two secret achievements! Actually my very first achievement was a secret one. I discovered it now when I viewed my profile when I was not logged in.

When a secret achievement is being unlocked, I wish it would say that this achievement is secret!
TreeFitty
It does when you look at the Recent Activity.
demon
Thanks. Didn't know that. But it would be nice if the unlocked secret ones would state that they was secret in the profile list of achievements.

ViceMan
QUOTE (demon @ Jan 14 2010, 07:32 PM) *
Thanks. Didn't know that. But it would be nice if the unlocked secret ones would state that they was secret in the profile list of achievements.

But it wouldn't be a secret if it openly stated it was a secret, therein lies the paradox.
demon
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 14 2010, 08:35 PM) *

But it wouldn't be a secret if it openly stated it was a secret, therein lies the paradox.

Well, at any rate it would appear as secret to anyone who has not yet unlocked it.
Psy
QUOTE (demon @ Jan 14 2010, 08:55 PM) *

Well, at any rate it would appear as secret to anyone who has not yet unlocked it.

That's how it works at the minute. If you look on your achievements, all of the secret ones you haven't unlocked are secret. The ones you have are just unlocked (only to you). If anyone views your achievements, it checks to see if they have unlocked the same secret achievements. If they have, they can see your unlocked secret achievements. If not, they just see "secret achievement".

I think I just managed to confuse myself... Jumpy.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (Psy @ Jan 15 2010, 12:03 PM) *

That's how it works at the minute. If you look on your achievements, all of the secret ones you haven't unlocked are secret. The ones you have are just unlocked (only to you). If anyone views your achievements, it checks to see if they have unlocked the same secret achievements. If they have, they can see your unlocked secret achievements. If not, they just see "secret achievement".

I know what you mean, you mean this right?
demon
QUOTE (Psy @ Jan 15 2010, 01:03 PM) *

You didn't confuse me, I understand what you say. So if you understood what I said, can we hope for a fix?

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 15 2010, 01:47 PM) *
I know what you mean, you mean this right?

Brilliant. biggrin.gif
Marney1
There's an achievement for hanging yourself live via webcam but you're all too scared to do it........pussies!
TreeFitty
Yes the "an hero" achievement. So hard to accomplish. I think Dan could be the first to attempt it.

Now if y'all excuse me I need to find some treasure.
DANNY B0Y
Dudes, didn't I say the topic has to go back to me. I still can't figure out 30.
TreeFitty
We've given you PLENTY of hints towards it.
Massacre
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 16 2010, 03:40 AM) *
Yes the "an hero" achievement. So hard to accomplish. I think Dan could be the first to attempt it.

Wow, obscure.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Disco Dennis @ Jan 16 2010, 10:45 AM) *
Dudes, didn't I say the topic has to go back to me. I still can't figure out 30.

It's awarded to any member with an IQ of 30 or higher, which would explain why i'm lacking that achievement. Didn't you get the test paper through your door last November?
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 16 2010, 06:39 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 16 2010, 03:40 AM) *

Wow, obscure.

Is our children learning?
GLC

He's got the achievement.
Marney1
QUOTE (GLC @ Jan 16 2010, 09:02 PM) *

He's got autism.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Sean Devlin @ Jan 16 2010, 05:01 PM) *
QUOTE (GLC @ Jan 16 2010, 09:02 PM) *

He's got autism.

*achievetism
Spoiler
"Cleaning Up The Internet Unlocked
Cleaning Up The Internet"

for this^ can i report myself? looks like i am lousiest sucker in achievements. snf (31).gif
demon
QUOTE (SPOILER @ Jan 17 2010, 04:35 AM) *
"Cleaning Up The Internet Unlocked
Cleaning Up The Internet"

for this^ can i report myself? looks like i am lousiest sucker in achievements. snf (31).gif

LOL, I think only mods and admins have a realistic chance of getting that broom. Almost everything is allowed to say here, and the very few things that are not tolerated are mostly posted by spambots. Only members of the staff gets to see that spam because it gets trapped in the mod queue.

I think it's extremely rare that anyone of us members will post something that gets deleted.

It is unbelievable what is accepted sometimes, and I'm not talking about Rants and Raves. I'm not complaining now, it's just an observation I've made recently.

Spoiler
yup, that's a fair observation and this one thing is the same as when i joined.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.