Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Borderlands
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2
Massacre
It will. You'll revel in combat after you fight Sledge. His shotgun... Damn.
bOnEs
supposedly i am suppose to be finding sledge for my next mission but, i am going to finish up shep's missions... they seem simple enough since i've already been to the zephyr station... all i got to do is take out some rakk's and turn the fucker on... but, i did all of baha's missions and i did all but one on the bounty board... i am nearing level 12 so, i am holding off on going after sledge until i reach that plateau...

i've only got maybe one more good night of gaming left... tonight's team trivia at the bar so, thursday's my last day, unless something else pops up tomorrow... chances are i am going to return it for good but, it's made enough of an impression on me to rent it again, or possibly purchase the "game of the year" edition whenever that comes out with all the expansions added...
Massacre
Hopefully there will be a GOTY thing, because one of the expansions is just an arena-type thing were you fight off waves of enemies, but it also includes a locker for equipment you might not want to sell, so it's not really worth the money despite having useful additions. The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned looks badass, though.
bOnEs
i just entered sledge's hideout but, i wasn't about to navigate it since it was already past bedtime and that looked like it was gonna take at least an hour to get through... plus, who knows how many times i would of died at the hands of sledge... i'm assuming he's one tough mother fucker...

but, on my way to his hideout, i found a couple of very awesome weapons... one is a rocket launcher that can electrocute people... and the other is one bad mudda fucking revolver... it's damage is at least 4 times more powerful than my best weapon plus, it has an insane scope of like 3.4 or something... i was dropping raiders with one well placed headshot...

but, the enemies are getting pretty tough... arid hills was pretty tough to get through for me... i was fighting elder skags, badass skags, badass raiders, and when i went back to fill my ammo up, i had to fight them all again... i don't really like the re-spawning enemies but, it does help add more experience to my character... he's at level 13 now... taking care of everything at the zephyr station netted me enough experience to gain a level and a half... but, i had to fight A TON of raiders there again...

i think i will rent this for 2 more nights today... i'd like to get through sledge's lair and see somewhere else new... but, i am sold on this game and will be looking forward to buying it sometime down the road...
PabloHoneyOle
Massacre, are you playing Borderlands on your own? How do you like it?
Massacre
I love this game. I just started a new game yesterday, and the soldier is definitely the best character. His character upgrades are the best of the three that I've played, and I'm progressing faster and more easily with him than my other characters so far. He's black though, so naturally they made his voice annoying as hell, like a slightly more tolerable Mike Tyson. The enemies aren't all that varied, but the DLC introduces a few more enemy types, from what I hear, and it seems like I'm finding new and better weapons every twenty minutes. I would definitely get this for 360 if more people on here played it, this is one of the only games I've ever had where multiplayer was actually appealing. Plus, having someone to revive me every now and then would be nice...

And bones, once you get Sledge's shotgun, you will be keeping it for the rest of the game. There are few shotguns better than it.
bOnEs
i like TK's wave but, it's not nearly powerful enough...
Massacre
Can you get Sledge's Shotgun before TK's Wave? I seem to remember getting the wave afterwards. It's from the Bounty Board, isn't it?
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 12 2010, 01:20 PM) *
Can you get Sledge's Shotgun before TK's Wave? I seem to remember getting the wave afterwards. It's from the Bounty Board, isn't it?

i got it doing some side-quest for TK baha... this was when i was trying to gain some levels before i went to help shep and his zephyr station problems, which was just before my pursuit with sledge... so, i guess you could get to sledge before you get the wave but, i wasn't ready for that challenge quite yet... plus, TK's mission requirements were low enough for me so, i tackled those first...

i think it was the mission where you had to get TK's fake leg back from that big bad skag named, "scar"...
Massacre
I was able to get to Sledge earlier because I went through all of Skag Gully and killed everything before I found out I would have to go back to it. Lots of extra XP.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 12 2010, 01:28 PM) *
I was able to get to Sledge earlier because I went through all of Skag Gully and killed everything before I found out I would have to go back to it. Lots of extra XP.

yea, i went all the way through skag gully too before i did the TK missions... so, when i went back in there to do those missions, i had to re-kill everything again... i'm seriously considering going through the arid hills a few more times after i take care of sledge to gain some more experience... there's plenty to kill in that area...
Massacre
It's worth the time. There's one part ahead of you, and I won't spoil it, where you will die a dozen times. Trust me, level up before you get to Old Haven and the Trash Coast.
bOnEs
i want to get at or above level 16 before i finish up in the arid hills... i'm sure there's more missions to do in there as well besides killing sledge... it's too big of an area to not have anything else to do... same goes for the arid badlands... it seems like i haven't done enough there either...

one question, do i fight sledge one on one or, do i have to deal with a bunch or raiders as well? so far, the two boss battles i've done were just ridiculously hard to deal with... 9-toes and bonehead were fucking bastards to kill... not them personally but, with 9-toes i had to fight his skag pets as well... and with bonehead, i had to fight some heavily armored raiders right alongside him...

i feel like my weapons are much better going into this fight but, the enemies seem like they level with you as well so, even though i'm getting better, they are too...
Massacre
Sledge has... I think only two guys with him, and Sledge is an up-close fighter, so crouch behind some cover to protect you from his shotgun, and takes out his lackeys, then concentrate on Sledge. It's surprisingly easy as long as you can avoid his gunfire and keep your distance.
bOnEs
yea, the problem with fighting these guys is it only takes ONE SHOT from them to deplete my shield... then, i have to sit behind cover for like 10 seconds while i wait for my shield to come back... and by then, his shield is back and we exchange the same sequence a hundred times for like 20 minutes mad.gif...

maybe my new revolver toy might even the playing field...
bOnEs
so... i never did fight sledge... i went through his safehouse but, he wasn't there!! but, i did find one bad ass shotgun in there... it's called the "terrible matador" or something like that... i am mowing down all variations of skags now with ease... as well as raiders too... this is one bad fucking shotgun!! i can't even imagine how sledge's shotgun would be better than this one...

i got a friend to play co-op with to check it out... he used my level 7 mordecai character... it was pretty fun...

but, i've since returned the game... i plan on purchasing this sometime down the road though, or re-renting it when i can't find something to rent... i'm convinced that i will have fun with this game for many more hours...
Massacre
He wasn't there? How the hell did that happen?
bOnEs
i got the key from his hideout but, no sledge to be found... unless he was so easy that i didn't even notice since i was too pre-occupied with this giant psycho raider... but, there was no shotgun that was dropped either... i found that badass one in one of those cases there...

maybe the next place i go will house sledge... ...?
Massacre
There would've been a cut scene if Sledge were there, so you couldn't have missed him. You took the elevator to where his room was, right?
bOnEs
elevator? no, i was in a big 'ol circular room fighting this roid raged psycho or something... i think i was suppose to fight sledge in the next area i was suppose to travel to... the mines i think??
Massacre
Oh, you're not far enough yet. You were in the arena-type area at the end of that long bunker, with the psycho and the midgets. Sledge is your next quest.
bOnEs
well, i'll have him to look forward to next time i play then... i might have to warm up in skag gully first... you know, to get used to the controls again biggrin.gif... but, it's a pretty straight forward FPS so, there's not much i'll forget...
PabloHoneyOle
Hey gays, I just got this game. I'm currently borrowing it from a friend, but I will be procuring it for myself soon. I've only been playing a few days, but I'm hauling ass through it. I'm a level 21 Soldier. I've done the majority of the Arid Badlands missions and just kicked the shit out of Skagzilla.

I like the different guns, especially the elemental ones. The storyline is a little meh, but it is entertaining. It certainly can be difficult and a little overwhelming, especially playing singleplayer, but I have yet to play co-op. Need someone with another copy of the game. Anyway, it's a fun game, lots of violence, cool weapons and midget psychos with shotguns.

Claptrap is the shit. "Check me out, I'm dancing, I'M DANCING!"
DuPz0r
I've borrowed this from a friend for over two months now and haven't even played it... Should i?
Massacre
Well... Yeah.
DuPz0r
I mean is it worth playing.. since i have little spare time and many games to play.
Massacre
It's still worth playing, yeah.
II--DOBBY--II
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Apr 21 2010, 06:21 PM) *
I've borrowed this from a friend for over two months now and haven't even played it... Should i?

Yea you should!!

Or give it back, I'm missing my siren wink.gif
bOnEs
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Apr 21 2010, 02:21 PM) *

weren't you the one that started this topic?? tongue.gif...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.