Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What if the developers went bust?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
The Awesome One
Me and my friend discuss this alot, mainly about Halo. He wants R*, I want Valve. But what if your favourite games developers and publshers went bust, and had to sell the game off to another gaming company. Who would you want to to takeover making your game? The person above you suggests a game and their developer, you then say which gaming company you would like to take the game on. Then, you suggest for the person below you.

EG: Halo-Valve.

Valve have made plenty of FPS and are in touch with the fans like Bungie. With L4D and Halflife to their name, they should have no problem recreating Halo.

Then this person would suggest a game, EG:Spider man-EA.

Hard start:Grand Theft Auto-Rockstar.
Sheep
Probably EA, they seem to know what they're doing, failing that Activision
DuPz0r
QUOTE ( Sheep @ Sep 19 2009, 10:40 PM) *
Probably EA, they seem to know what they're doing, failing that Activision

EA no way! Maybe Activision, or Konami.

My choice: If Bethesda went bust...
trathen93
If Bethesda went bust, i would want fallout to go to ubisoft or activision. i see ea exploiting the game for all the money its worth.

If EA went bust(we can dream) where would you want the sporting contracts to go (mainly FIFA)
The Awesome One
I would like the sporting contracts to go to THQ. They are only ever the contenders for best comany in the sports company.

What if Epic went bust? Who would you like to take on Gears of War?
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 20 2009, 08:00 AM) *
I would like the sporting contracts to go to THQ. They are only ever the contenders for best comany in the sports company.

What if Epic went bust? Who would you like to take on Gears of War?

I think Capcom would do pretty well with GoW. They are the masters at fighting animation.

If Activision/Infinity Ward went bust who would take on Modern Warfare 2?
The Awesome One
I would of liked modern Warfare to be continued by R*.

Who would you like to take over the Halo games?
DuffMan
Probably Epic Games. They know how to make a good shooter.

Project Gotham Racing?
trathen93
PGR could go to codemasters. they seem to be making some good racing games lately with GRID and DiRT. the ego engine could be used for it.

how about the Metal Gear Solid series?
TheAnalogKid2112
I think Rockstar or Infinity Ward might make a good MGS. Rockstar, because they make a killer 3rd person shooter. Infinity Ward, because apparently they make great war games.

That being said, I haven't played a single MGS game OR a single Infinity Ward game, so this be kinda pointless.

If Rockstar abandoned GTA,
DuffMan
Probably 2kgames. I wouldn't want to see it given to EA/Ubisoft/Activision. They would release it yearly and would ruin it. 2kgames aren't afraid of big production budges (see BioShock).

Battlefield series?
DuPz0r
Valve would do well with battlefield i think.

If Capcom went bust, who would continue Resident Evil?
The Awesome One
I would like to see Bungie take on RE5. It would be interesting to see how they do.

Who would be good with Smackdown vs Raw 2010?
DuPz0r
I think EA would make a good wrestling game. Just because sports games is what they do best. And they'd make the graphics as good as fight night biggrin.gif

If Media Molecule went bust, who would make the next LBP game?
trathen93
thats a tricky one indeed.
although i see a large developer doing better with a game like this, possibly activision. only for the huge budget possibilites and the fact that they make decent games, unlike some.

If konami went bust who would you want to make the PES series?
DuffMan
EA, so I don't have to listen to any more FIFA vs PES arguments.

Who would make Gran Turismo if PD got booted off the face of the earth?
DANNY B0Y
If R* went bust, EA should continue because they know what they do, and they create a vast array of games.
If Activision went bust, Sega should take over because they've been in the business for years.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Sep 30 2009, 02:54 PM) *
EA, so I don't have to listen to any more FIFA vs PES arguments.

Who would make Gran Turismo if PD got booted off the face of the earth?

R* for me. Midnights great, so GT will be good under their hands.

Gears of war?
Massacre
I wouldn't want anyone but Epic to make Gears. If they went bust, I'd rather let the franchise die. Same with R* and GTA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.