Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: M.A.G.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2
ENVi3
I think there is too much going on, and no explanations.
I got pretty bored playing at some point so i stopped.
The least they could have done is opened the Training missions.
This sorta reminds me of Warhawk, which was boring at first too, but once you understand things you know how to get into the action and you actually care about the objectives, and you are actually enjoying the game play.
I think after playing MAG for a few hours and knowing the ins-and-outs, it will actually be fun, because my initial response is to just be put off of it.

but, apart from that, i think the guns feel right and pretty accurate, and there's no lag, there was a few pop up issues as i was running around, and there's no knife animation (yet). I just wish i knew what was going more, or have some things explained. playing TDM when you're supposed to be doing objectives isn't that fun or interesting sometimes.
bOnEs
yea, they change the game modes everyday... the first night i played there was two modes to play that were pretty fun... then on tuesday night, there was only one to choose from, and i didn't particularly like that mode... it was something like 8 objectives (A-I) to claim and hold... it was way too chaotic for me... i apparently was playing on a really good team that had a ton of kills with not many deaths... and then there was me at the bottom of the team with 5 kills and 37 deaths laugh.gif...

yea, i didn't like that mode sad.gif... but i'm with you though, it puts me off sometimes but, looking at the overall scope of the game, i think it's going to be a winner for PS3 owners biggrin.gif...

----------------

BETA CODE GIVEAWAY TIME!!

i did a best-of-three coin flip to determine the winner... basically, the first with two tallies, wins... the coin i'm using is a 2007 nickel (as if that really matters, lol)... and now to the results...

- heads: dupzor
- tails: analog

toss 1: heads...
toss 2: tails...
toss 3: HEADS!!

and the winner is DuPzOr!!

check your personal messages as i will be sending you the code as soon as i post this message... and hey, i'm sure we'll team up a couple of times to see what that's all about biggrin.gif... we're on almost opposite time-zones but, we'll still hook up one of these days... i hope the server schedule isn't a problem for you since, it's set for american time-zones, which means you'll have to access the US store in order to download as well... should be good times though, and i hope you have fun too... i'll stay on the lookout for more beta code giveaways... and analog, i hope you win that other raffle i had you enter biggrin.gif... but don't worry because, the next BETA code i get my hands on, will be your beta code biggrin.gif...
DuPz0r
Yay! Thanks dude. I wonder if we can play it online together? is there an invite friend option?
I'm downloading it now btw!
bOnEs
cool, at least the code works biggrin.gif...

there's a clan mode option... i am guessing that we can register a clan and we'll always be party'd up together or something... still not sure how it's going to work though... have fun man! i won't be playing tonight if the goddamn PS store ever updates... i'm playing fallout 3 DLC tonight!! biggrin.gif...
DiO
Missed the code. Fuck.
TheAnalogKid2112
Bitch mothafuckin' asshole.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Oh Dear God! GOOBER! @ Sep 24 2009, 08:36 PM) *
Bitch mothafuckin' asshole.

maybe i should of used something other than a nickel for your sake... perhaps a penny or a dime?? laugh.gif...
QUOTE (Suryc Yelim @ Sep 24 2009, 06:22 PM) *
Missed the code. Fuck.

yea, i left it open for one day in hopes that a few of ya would be interested... i wanted to reward the iGTA wanderers... but all i got was analog and dup (like i guessed laugh.gif)... maybe if i left it open for one more day but, i wanted someone to enjoy it right away because, i am not sure but, i think the servers are down on the weekends...

-------------------

i'll still be on the lookout for more beta codes in the meantime, as should anyone interested in playing... i mean, i found two from various websites that were sent a 100 gifts each from sony... i got a feeling that every couple of weeks or so, they're gonna want more dummies to fill up the servers... lol, i think the game is decent so far and might be fun with friends yet, i'm hunting for beta codes like i'm gonna win something laugh.gif...
DuPz0r
I got an error when i installed a patch in-game... It turned to corrupt data, so I'm gonna have to re-DL it and then try again.
ENVi3
btw, i play as SVER
but i was also considering to play as Raven.
I might have to try them all out while i am still in the beta. I would prefer if they gave a little more info for each faction.
bOnEs
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 25 2009, 03:58 PM) *
I got an error when i installed a patch in-game... It turned to corrupt data, so I'm gonna have to re-DL it and then try again.

wow, that sucks... never heard that that one before...

EDIT: i play as the other one... the americans from alaska...
ENVi3
incase you haven't noticed, Friendly Fire is on in this game.
i found out when i knifed one of my teammates lamo.gif
bOnEs
yea, this one guy screamed through his headset when he got in my line of fire and i took em down... hey, it was his fault, i wish i had my headset plugged in so i could tell him laugh.gif...

the team i am on is called, "Valor"... forgot what it was called in my previous post...
ENVi3
it seems like this is a headset needing game. well, you don't NEED one, but it would really help to coordinate stuff, but you probably definitely need one if you're one of the leaders.

it kinda sucks that the servers aren't up on the weekend. that's when i have the most free time, and it'd be a good time to fill 256 player rooms.
ENVi3
i tried out Raven and I didn't like them.
I'm trying out Valor now. If i don't like them either I will stick to SVER tongue.gif

[EDIT] so far I think Valor is pretty nice, but i still prefer the SVER experience/guns.
bOnEs
wow, i haven't played in about a week... fallout 3 stole my playing time laugh.gif...

i wonder what faction dupzor picked... we'd all have to be on the same team to play together...
bOnEs
played last night at got a new found appreciation for the game... i was actually playing with squad leaders who knew what they were doing... i didn't win in the first match i played but, i did win the second one... and our squad did it's job of holding their location on the last game... onslaught after onslaught, we held our ground, and kept the enemy out of our bunker biggrin.gif... it was awesome...

the first match i played, that i lost, wasn't because of our squad... we were infiltrating every location the squad leader wanted us to take down... we were destroying bunkers, tanks, buildings, etc... it's just a shame the rest of the valor squad didn't do shit...

if i play on squads like that every time i play, i got a chance to improve my skills... if i keep getting stuck on teams with crappy leaders and squad members that don't understand the idea of objectives, i don't learn anything since i spend most of the time dying... you need backup in this game... your squad has to stick together to achieve objectives, and to infiltrate other bases... it's that damn simple... stick together, or stay and protect your base if that's your objective...

EDIT: apparently you gain more experience killing people rather than completing objectives... now i know why no one sticks with their squad... it's because you gain more experience killing people... zipper is going to have to fix this because, half of the players in MAG are running around by themselves trying rack up experience points... if this is suppose to be a squad-based game then, they should reward more experience to squads for completing objectives, not individuals for kills... big problem, no wonder people wander around...
bOnEs
played three matches last night... and valor won all three contests... two were defending the tanks/base, and the other was attacking... man, my squad was pimpin' on the last defense... we had the hot corner bunker where enemies were constantly coming from, right next to a gate they have to break thru in order to penetrate the base... we only let down the guard at the gate once... the rest of the time, the enemy couldn't even penetrate the base... it was pretty fucking cool to hold off a couple of enemy squads with our little 8-man squad biggrin.gif...

and i actually was one of the key contributors on my squad with 15 kills, 17 deaths, and 8 assists... this game is getting funner every time i fire it up... i am thinking about becoming an engineer or, someone who repairs stuff... might give me something else to do out there biggrin.gif... plus, i am really starting to understand the concept and realize that a repairman is the second most important position outside of squad leader... plus, you can have as many of these in your squad that you want... just like a medic... but, i don't want to really be a medic... no one hardly ever revives me in the battlefield so, i doubt i would do the same...

hey dupzor i haven't seen you post in here ever since i gave you that beta code... have you played it yet?? what's your thoughts?

EDIT: as i stated in my previous post, you do earn experience from killing but, you can earn more experience when your team achieves objectives... so, i take back what i said... only idiots who run around killing don't realize that you'd earn more experience if your team won so, contribute to the good fight people, not a random one...
ENVi3
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 16 2009, 09:46 AM) *
just like a medic... but, i don't want to really be a medic... no one hardly ever revives me in the battlefield so, i doubt i would do the same...

you can do it for the points ... but part of the reason is because the Medic Gun kinda sucks, you have to upgrade it two times before you can revive people, and then when you want to equip it its like 1,000cc.

I haven't played MAG in a while ... I've been playing Batman these past few weeks, but i think i might get back into MAG. too bad the servers aren't up on the weekned.
bOnEs
ohh, i haven't even upgraded it once... been putting my points into offensive skills... what about repairman? if you equip the repair kit, are you automatically qualified??
ENVi3
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 16 2009, 09:56 AM) *
ohh, i haven't even upgraded it once... been putting my points into offensive skills... what about repairman? if you equip the repair kit, are you automatically qualified??
Basically just equip the repair kit, and you can repair anything. I can't recall whether or not there's upgrades, but if there are some it would probably be like Faster Repair or something - which would be useful.
It takes forever to repair blown up bunkers. When i did it i must have sat there for like 20 seconds and barely got halfway repairing it before i was killed.
bOnEs
well, if your team protects you, it would be golden but, you'd pry need a headset to tell em, "i'm repairing the bunker... watch my ass please!" biggrin.gif... but, if i carry the repair kit, i can't bring the rocket launcher with me.. and that does wonders on the tanks trying to get in... i must of blown up 2 or 3 tanks on that last game i played where we whooped some ass at the gates in front of our bunker...
ENVi3
The game has been updated to 1.30
and apparently the servers have been reset.
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...=107362#M107362
AND, the servers are up longer for today (10/22) and tomorrow (10/23).

The bad news is a lot of people are reporting problems, either the servers are downloading the patch really slow, or it's getting frozen, etc. I think the best thing to do might just be to wait a couple of days ...
bOnEs
yea, i downloaded the update before the game launched but, the patch took way too damn long so i canceled the download... i'll get it next week when hopefully the servers are moving faster...
ENVi3
has anyone played this recently?
I haven't played in weeks, possibly a month or two ...
I guess it couldn't keep my interest, or maybe it's those huge buggy downloads that turns me off ...
I might just stick with MW2, now that i decided to get it.
bOnEs
i think the BETA trial is over... i couldn't access the game last night... i too haven't played it in a while so, i thought i'd fire it up last night... it downloaded an update but, when it came time for the game to start, it never did...

sucks... i was gonna try RAVEN to see if i liked them... but, if and when i get the actual game, i will more than likely use SVER... i tried them out last time i played and really enjoyed it... plus, the other players were more friendly in SVER... they were kinda jerks in VALOR... and who knows, maybe the actual game will allow you to have multiple characters!! biggrin.gif...
ENVi3
http://au.playstation.com/games-media/news...AG-beta-update/

honestly, i am having too much fun with Modern Warfare 2 to care anymore .....
bOnEs
what? we're still eligible? i thought our beta ran out... holy shit, i am about to play this game soon then... i would much rather play this online than a generic deathmatch game like call of duty... i'm looking forward to continuing this but, it's all over on december 4th, which doesn't give me a whole lot of time...

but, the game comes out around the 1st of january so, i might look into getting this then... the beta convinced me that it's going to be a fun multiplayer experience... and one of the few that i actually play...
ENVi3
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Nov 22 2009, 10:46 AM) *
i would much rather play this online than a generic deathmatch game like call of duty.

i sort of felt the same way, i hated CoD4 online, and in fact i only played it online for like an hour before i got bored and decided to sell it.
but i decided to give MW2 a try, and i am liking it so far smile.gif ... i don't know why that is, seeing it's not THAT different, but who knows.

and it's not just dm ... there are objective games.

i think i got bored of MAG because i just kept playing that one mode where you have to steal the trucks over, and over, and over - on the same two or 3 maps ... since that's the only mode that was open.
bOnEs
call of duty gets old really fast for me... i don't care what new modes, perks or game play changes they make, it still feels like the original call of duty that i still play on my PC... the only difference is the amazing graphics compared to the old school ones i stare at in united offensive... the rest seems the same... i too played MW1 online and it felt no different than the first call of duty...

and, your forced to play what the developers want you to play in MAG... i mean, out of the 6 or so modes, there was usually just 1 or 2 available to choose from... and they alternated each day... i got to try out most of the modes... i like the one where you have to push the enemy out of his two locations and force him to retreat to his third and final stronghold... if you can get em out of there, you win...

i might have to fire this up today or something so i can get the updates downloaded...
ENVi3
this topic has kinda of died ... but the game came out today.
does anyone have any updates they'd like to share?
bOnEs
QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Jan 26 2010, 10:33 PM) *
this topic has kinda of died ... but the game came out today.
does anyone have any updates they'd like to share?

i actually decided to pass on it, even though this is probably the FIRST FPS that would actually get me back into playing that genre more often... it's because it's not about the kills, it's about the overall team success and objective... however, i just bought uncharted 2, and heavy rain comes out next month... maybe if i decide to trade something in towards it but, for now, i'll take a pass...

and it has nothing to do with the game, it has everything to do with me being a cheap ass and waiting until next month to buy my next game... otherwise, i'd buy this because, 75-80% of the time, i felt like a part of a team... watching their backs as they repair an AA, or defending "OUR" bunker from destruction so we don't have to spawn at the back end of the map...

it's the little things i like about this game... and it's those things that will probably stay on my mind whenever i get some extra money and consider purchasing something from now until red dead redemption...

i would STRONGLY recommend this game to people that DON'T think COD:MW2 is what online FPS shooters are about... even if your a part of a team your still running around by yourself... instead, i suggest it to those who think teamwork is the ultimate goal... you all work together, stick together, and do whatever the hell the higher up's tell you to do... that's what war is all about for a soldier... just shut up and do your job...

and there's always the possibility of moving up in rank and becoming a squad leader yourself... this game to me, offers the best war experience on any system, ever... this is the first REAL war game... this isn't your grandma's FPS, this is the best military-strategic-tactical-shooter on the market... this is about war, not kills in a deathmatch...
ENVi3
I agree with your points ... but I think alot of times it just depends on the community.
I mean look at killzone 2, alot of people said it was THE hardcore tactical fps game ... but what do people do? they all just rush and run around getting kills.
I do agree MW2 is broke, in the sense that it is very camp friendly, and the kill-streaks only encourage camping. there are those people that say it is a balanced game, but I can tell you that statement is B.S., and I should know since i have played MW2 a great deal. Why do i play it if i don't like it? I am just bored with the other games i have.
But anyway, I played the MAG beta, and just could not get into it. I played SOCOM and I could not get into that too, and i think MAG is pretty much a FPS version of SOCOM, with classes added.
I think I will pass on MAG, because i think it is too slow ... I don't like when one team starts on one side of the map and then has to run for like a minute to get to the actiong and then the defending team just camps to defend their points. People say the game is not about kills, but you sure as hell better be good at killing or not being killed, unless you want to keep spawning back at back multiple times (or the new spawn point).
On another note, I think I will wait for Battlefield Bad Company ... I think it sort of reminds me of Warhawk, with the vehicles and action oriented gameplay, but i will be on the look out to see how it turns out.
Marney1
kotaku < If anyone's interested.
bOnEs
@envie - yea, you still gotta be able to kill some people but, even if your forced to re-spawn, it's really not that bad because, you usually spawn next to your squad, and can continue to aid them in whatever manner the squad leader chooses... so yea, you still gotta know how to handle a gun but, you also need to know how to work together... i can't recall ever playing a FPS online where everyone worked together... those are like rare occasions... yet with MAG, those are critical to the success of your faction....

@ marney - a good synopsis... and the cool thing about the ACTUAL game that wasn't experienced with the beta is, you have to go through tutorials and are required to level up to unlock the other modes... this teaches the MAG players to work together... except for the first tutorial where they pit you against other members of your faction... but, that's just to get you used to the controls... after that, the only way your going to succeed is by teamwork, or playing on some lucky squads that win without your help anyways...

but, it's a WAR experience... and a fun one at that... it has it's negatives but, i felt like the positives far outweighed the negatives... but, it's an online game and that's the only way to play it... and i am not a BIG online player... but, it's got enough fun to be considered worth a shot... at least rent it and see what you think, whomever might be interested...
DuPz0r
I just bought MAG if anyone wants to play online with me. I aint really played it much and i keep getting the controls mixed up with MW2!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.