Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrestling
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
DiO
I like how they say CM punk has a martial arts background yet his head kicks are atrocious.
The Awesome One
Last nights show was good, but the best bt has to be the return of The Rock.
Massacre
Yeah, as a fucking guest host. His movies are shit, he should just come back and wrestle.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 4 2009, 05:02 AM) *
Yeah, as a fucking guest host. His movies are shit, he should just come back and wrestle.

Agreed. But I think hes making more money in Hollywood.

Looking forward to the PPV tonight. Heres the matches:

Hell in a Cell match for the WWE World Heavyweight Title:
John Cena- champion vs. Randy Orton

Hell in a Cell match for the World Heavyweight Title:
CM Punk-Champion vs. Undertaker

Hell in a Cell match:
Triple H & HBK vs. Rhodes & Dibiase

WWE Divas Title Match:
Mickie James-Champion vs. Alicia Fox

WWE Unified Tag Team Titles match:
Chris Jericho & The Big Show-Champion vs. Batista & Rey Mysterio Jr.

WWE Intercontinental Title Match:
John Morrison-Champion vs. Dolph Ziggler

Triple Threat match for the WWE US Title:
Kofi Kingston-Champion vs. The Miz vs. Jack Swagger-I hope Swagger wins!

R-Truth Vs Drew Mcintyre

ViceMan
Taker's retiring?
Massacre
^ Probably. I was hoping he'd get his Wrestlemania record to 20-0 before he retired, but it looks like he's leaving sooner than that. Retiring or not, he'll at least be leaving soon -- for hip surgery.
Darth Sexy
Yeah I've heard he's totally fucked.
coreyko_2003
I dont really watch it that much anymore. Like others've said, its the same shit, different week. Oh and Cena and the Rock were FUCKING BORING. Entertaining before the match but boring as fuck during the match. Both of them were stuck in the same move set for so long that it was too predictable.......much like Hulk Hogan.
Darth Sexy
I much prefer The Rock to Cena. At least The Rock actually lost a few matches. Cena is just a superhero designed to appeal to 10 year olds. Once Jericho and Big Show lose the titles to DX (everyone can see it coming) Jericho should be given a massive push on Smackdown. He's hands down the best in WWE.
The Awesome One
Hall of famer Captain Lou Albano has just died..
Tranque
While I'd normally jump at a chance to see scanitly clad guys fake fighting eachother, I have my qualms

A) Acting is shit

cool.gif They are normally ugly

C) They are perpetually sweaty.

D) They are either steroid looking or obese.

I just wonder how this progressed from old school greek sport wrestling into pyrotechnics and guys in makeup.
ViceMan
Quite easily when there's money to be made.
Tranque
I see what you did there.
The Awesome One
Shit, Shane just quit. That makes Stephanie and Triple H next in line for the company when Vince dies. Perfect..
Darth Sexy
Well, I've officially stopped watching WWE. I only watched Smackdown stoned off my tits at 1 am after work, but it's no longer on then, so it's gonna be TNA and nothing else, as I refuse to watch wrestling during the day.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Darth_Sexy @ Oct 17 2009, 05:11 AM) *
Well, I've officially stopped watching WWE. I only watched Smackdown stoned off my tits at 1 am after work, but it's no longer on then, so it's gonna be TNA and nothing else, as I refuse to watch wrestling during the day.

I can bet that you will end up watching SD again in a few weeks. TNA is in chaos, everybody there is leaving. Just no stableness anymore.
Massacre
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 17 2009, 01:47 AM) *
QUOTE (Darth_Sexy @ Oct 17 2009, 05:11 AM) *

I can bet that you will end up watching SD again in a few weeks. TNA is in chaos, everybody there is leaving. Just no stability anymore.

But anyway, Smackdown was actually pretty good last night, better than I've come to expect.

TNA is just falling apart, and I'm ready to give up. ROH or CZW need to get a TV deal...
ViceMan
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 16 2009, 06:33 PM) *
Shit, Shane just quit. That makes Stephanie and Triple H next in line for the company when Vince dies. Perfect..

Quit, as in storyline quit? So he'll come back later with some washed up and supposedly retired wrestler to reinvent them and take on his dad. That sounds the most likely option. Very dramatic, with closeups of McMahon's furious face at the end of the programme to show how much he's pissed off or something. (I'm just guessing, I have no idea what storylines are going on nowadays.)

Although I watched 5 minutes of Smackdown the other week, that CM Punk twat was saying how great he was and how he deserved a title shot because he was the most epic wrestler of all time. Then I turned it off.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Oct 17 2009, 06:26 PM) *
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 16 2009, 06:33 PM) *

Quit, as in storyline quit? So he'll come back later with some washed up and supposedly retired wrestler to reinvent them and take on his dad. That sounds the most likely option. Very dramatic, with closeups of McMahon's furious face at the end of the programme to show how much he's pissed off or something. (I'm just guessing, I have no idea what storylines are going on nowadays.)

Although I watched 5 minutes of Smackdown the other week, that CM Punk twat was saying how great he was and how he deserved a title shot because he was the most epic wrestler of all time. Then I turned it off.

No, quit as in quit.

Heres what he said.

"It is with great sadness that I announce my resignation from the WWE, effective January 1, 2010.

I have never even considered a future outside the walls of the WWE. However, sometimes life takes an unexpected turn and while it is the most difficult decision I have ever made, it is time for me to move on.

First and foremost, I would like to thank my father for the incredible education working with him has provided and for giving me the opportunity to play a role in building WWE into the global phenomenon that it is today. I am extremely proud to have been the 4th generation in this business, and I am grateful for everyday I was able to work along side not only my own, but the entire WWE family.

Thank you to all of the WWE Superstars both past and present for your passion, pride and dedication. You are truly the engine of the organization and it has been a pleasure to work with, learn from and get to know all of you. Thank you for the privilege of sharing the stage with you and for allowing me to become but a momentary member of your elite brotherhood. I have so much appreciation for the many sacrifices you endure, both physically and personally, to make this business the success that it is. The respect I have for each of you is immeasurable.

Finally, there are no words to express my gratitude to WWE fans the world over for supporting this company through good times and bad and for your unbridled passion that fuels the Superstarsí performances. I am profoundly grateful to have been able to entertain you both in front of the camera and from behind the scenes. You are the greatest fans in the world.

I will always love this business and will remain a fan forever.

Shane"

EDIT:And to make matters worse, a main eventer in WWE has bragged to friends about taking marijuana.

"One main event WWE star has boasted to friends about failing for marijuana 14 times. This particular wrestler hasn't faced the same scrutiny from management as some of the mid-carders whose pushes were stopped due to repeated test failures. However, the fine for failing for pot was recently levied from $1,000 to $2,500 and it has him thinking twice.

Like many wrestlers in the company, he is now using a product sold at head shops (retail outlet specializing in drug paraphernalia related to consumption of cannabis and other recreational drugs) which gives off a similar effect as marijuana, but is legally sold and does not show up in drug tests."

Source:Obsessedwithwrestling.com

I reckon its Orton. Hes failed many drug tests and is known to smoke.
DiO
They don't let them smoke weed? That's pretty gay.
The Awesome One
ROH does. Weed shouldnt be in sports though, for very clear reasons.
DiO
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 17 2009, 06:04 PM) *

Because they are performance enhancing? And it matters because wrestling is real? Let the fucking guys toke up man. Relieve some stress. Life on the road ain't easy.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE (I am really cool. @ Oct 18 2009, 10:17 AM) *

Because they are performance enhancing? And it matters because wrestling is real? Let the fucking guys toke up man. Relieve some stress. Life on the road ain't easy.

WWE is marketing itself as a family show, and parents will switch off if little Johnny's hero is taking drugs openly. Also, there is the slight risk of people being under the influence in the ring, which would be dangerous for all involved. It is stupid that a main eventer can get away with shit midcards can't, but it's not surprising.
DiO
QUOTE (Darth_Sexy @ Oct 17 2009, 07:25 PM) *

WWE is marketing itself as a family show, and parents will switch off if little Johnny's hero is taking drugs openly. Also, there is the slight risk of people being under the influence in the ring, which would be dangerous for all involved. It is stupid that a main eventer can get away with shit midcards can't, but it's not surprising.

Not the first time I've heard about main eventer's getting preferential treatment.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Darth_Sexy @ Oct 18 2009, 12:25 AM) *

Also the fact that a lot of wrestlers are dieing from the drug abuse. Eddie Guerrero in 2005 and Chris Benoit in 2007 who ended up with roid rage, killing his wife and kid. He then hanged himself. There has been over a 100 wrestlers deaths in the last 20 years involving somebody under 50 years old.
DiO
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 18 2009, 02:06 AM) *
QUOTE (Darth_Sexy @ Oct 18 2009, 12:25 AM) *

Also the fact that a lot of wrestlers are dieing from the drug abuse. Eddie Guerrero in 2005 and Chris Benoit in 2007 who ended up with roid rage, killing his wife and kid. He then hanged himself. There has been over a 100 wrestlers deaths in the last 20 years involving somebody under 50 years old.

Yup. Weed kills.
The Awesome One
The WWE has had 5 wrestlers die in the last 10 years while working for the company.

Owen Hart-1999-Accident

British Bulldog-2004 heart attack (drug related)

Eddie Guerrero-2005-heart failure

Chris Benoit-2007 Double murder,suicide

Test*-2009 drug overdose

*was working for TNA at the time but was with the WWE in 2006.
ViceMan
There's been plenty of wrasslers (yes, I said that intentionally) that have died over the years at a pretty young age, I can't even name them all.

Didn't British Bulldog die in '02?

Big Bossman died in '04 from a heart attack.

Curt Hennig died in '03 from a cocaine overdose.

It's a pity Hulk Hogan hasn't kicked the bucket yet.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Oct 25 2009, 08:44 PM) *
There's been plenty of wrasslers (yes, I said that intentionally) that have died over the years at a pretty young age, I can't even name them all.

Didn't British Bulldog die in '02?

Big Bossman died in '04 from a heart attack.

Curt Hennig died in '03 from a cocaine overdose.

It's a pity Hulk Hogan hasn't kicked the bucket yet.

If he did, it would fit my theory that a WWE wrestler has to drop every 3 years.
Owen Hart-1999
Britih Bulldog-2002
Eddie-2005
Benoit-2007
test-2009

Next death is due in 2011.

Edit:Fits my theory. Curt Hennig and Bossman werent working for WWE at the time were they? If they was then it does not fit my theory.

Bragging Rights was crap. Good job it was on sky sports so I didnt have to pay for it. Biggest shocker was Batistas heel turn, but I saw that coming.
Darth Sexy
Everyone saw that coming.
Massacre
I didn't care enough to see it coming. Fuck Batista. Fuck Rey, for that matter.

What else happened? I've never seen a Pay-Per-View...
Mekstizzle
Posting in Wrestling thread cos of funny South Park Episode
Massacre
I missed it. Still waiting for the rerun.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 04:05 PM) *
I didn't care enough to see it coming. Fuck Batista. Fuck Rey, for that matter.

What else happened? I've never seen a Pay-Per-View...

John Cena def. WWE Champion Randy Orton (One Hour, Anything Goes WWE Iron Man Match)

Team SmackDown def. Team Raw

World Heavyweight Champion The Undertaker def. CM Punk, Batista & Rey Mysterio (Fatal Four Way Match) Results

SmackDown Divas def. Raw Divas

United States Champion The Miz def. Intercontinental Champion John Morrison
Massacre
Aside from the Undertaker match, that's a pretty disappointing PPV...
The Awesome One
Im watching Raw at the moment. Big Show has a world title shot. Should be Y2J getting that shot.
The Awesome One
Breaking News

For the first time in years, Im gonna start watching TNA again. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff are joining TNA.
Massacre
Hogan? Okay, looks like I'm taking a break from TNA until that's over with...
The Awesome One
I stopped watching TNA just before Christian left. Plenty have left TNA. The show is doing worse than the WWE at the moment.
Darth Sexy
I honestly prefer the wrestling on TNA. Angle vs AJ was fucking brilliant. However, if Hogan starts wrestling, or getting screen time, I may switch off.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Darth_Sexy @ Oct 28 2009, 02:44 AM) *
I honestly prefer the wrestling on TNA. Angle vs AJ was fucking brilliant. However, if Hogan starts wrestling, or getting screen time, I may switch off.

Storylines there are shit though. The main Event Mafia is just a copy of the NWO.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 28 2009, 10:19 PM) *

Storylines there are shit though. The main Event Mafia is just a copy of the NWO.

I tend to fast forward through most promos any way, so it doesn't really bother me. Apparently Christian vs Yoshi Tatsu was a very good match, so I'll have to watch ECW this week. I also loved Kofi Kingston on RAW this week, so hopefully it's a sign that he's going to get a push.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Darth_Sexy @ Oct 29 2009, 05:11 AM) *
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 28 2009, 10:19 PM) *

I tend to fast forward through most promos any way, so it doesn't really bother me. Apparently Christian vs Yoshi Tatsu was a very good match, so I'll have to watch ECW this week. I also loved Kofi Kingston on RAW this week, so hopefully it's a sign that he's going to get a push.

That Tatsu vs Christian match was good for ECW, you dont normally see many good matches on there as its just a another place to develop for the younger guys. Kofi is IMO the best wrestler to get him over. Both are highly talented,and by the time Randy Orton returns to the main event status, Kofi will be up there with him.
Darth Sexy
I kinda wish Christian would move to one of the other brands, as he's better than most of the guys who get the spotlight, but I'd also have to accept that he's very good for younger guys development, and also because he gets people watching ECW. If it wasn't for Christian and Regal, I'd never bother.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Darth_Sexy @ Oct 29 2009, 07:45 AM) *
I kinda wish Christian would move to one of the other brands, as he's better than most of the guys who get the spotlight, but I'd also have to accept that he's very good for younger guys development, and also because he gets people watching ECW. If it wasn't for Christian and Regal, I'd never bother.

I only watch ECW for Christian now. I loved ECW before Trump "bought" Raw. Christian, Mark Henry, Jack Swagger, Tommy Dreamer and Finlay were really entertaining on the show.
Massacre
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 29 2009, 02:56 AM) *
Kofi is IMO the best wrestler to get him over. Both are highly talented,and by the time Randy Orton returns to the main event status, Kofi will be up there with him.

Agreed.
DiO
QUOTE (Darth_Sexy @ Oct 27 2009, 10:44 PM) *

Yah. Hogan can't keep up with the fast paced style of TNA. I havent seen any wrestling in time cause I got no cable.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 27 2009, 09:34 PM) *

Now the Main Event Mafia storyline has pretty much ended looks like we're going to be stuck with Hogan and his stupid fucking leg drop finisher. I'll probably give it a miss or just switch over when he appears.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Oct 29 2009, 10:08 PM) *

Now the Main Event Mafia storyline has pretty much ended looks like we're going to be stuck with Hogan and his stupid fucking leg drop finisher. I'll probably give it a miss or just switch over when he appears.

I can see a NWO comeback on our hands. Nash and Hogan can be big people in the locker room, so they will think its the best idea ever to bring back the NWO. If you remember, the NWO killed WCW.
DiO
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 29 2009, 06:13 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Oct 29 2009, 10:08 PM) *

I can see a NWO comeback on our hands. Nash and Hogan can be big people in the locker room, so they will think its the best idea ever to bring back the NWO. If you remember, the NWO killed WCW.

That's cause they had too much backstage political power. And I can't see it being any different this time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.