Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrestling
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
ViceMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Dec 29 2009, 05:34 PM) *
I missed part of Raw, so I'm not sure if Legacy's been broken up or not. I hope so, Orton is more entertaining without those other two douchebags. I can't even bear to look at Cody Rhodes half the time, and DiBiase needs to go solo as well.

I don't know who either of those twats are except from playing SvR10, they both look nearly identical, along with most of the roster, they all seem to be generic-looking, muscle-bound egos and are all totally boring. Nothing like the attitude era when there were loads of unique gimmicks, it was fun to watch, but now everyone is identical it'll be like watching the same match over and over again. Kinda glad I stopped watching when I did.
Massacre
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Dec 29 2009, 12:42 PM) *
I missed part of Raw, so I'm not sure if Legacy's been broken up or not. I hope so, Orton is more entertaining without those other two douchebags. I can't even bear to look at Cody Rhodes half the time, and DiBiase needs to go solo as well.

I don't know who either of those twats are except from playing SvR10, they both look nearly identical, along with most of the roster, they all seem to be generic-looking, muscle-bound egos and are all totally boring. Nothing like the attitude era when there were loads of unique gimmicks, it was fun to watch, but now everyone is identical it'll be like watching the same match over and over again. Kinda glad I stopped watching when I did.

That's about right, actually. Randy Orton was a great heel for a while, until they decided that he had to have a pair of lackeys. He was good when he was teaming with Edge, too, and it was actually the best tag team in recent years, but that broke up after a "my ego is too big to share the spotlight" storyline.

The days of the war between the Corporation and the Ministry were amazing, though, they'll never beat it. The Undertaker somehow lost his ability to be "The Deadman" after a few years as a biker, now I only find his character entertaining because he's a legend.
ViceMan
Yeah, old WWF had some good characters, my favourite was always Kane, before he lost his mask and became soft. His entrance was so epic, but now his entrance music is crap, from what i've heard on the game. I think the last storyline I remember was just after the invasion when Brock Lesnar joined, that's when I started getting bored of it.
The Awesome One

I like Legacy. It suits Orton's character. Instead of running off when hes confronted by Cena, Rhodes and DiBiase hop in the ring and take him out.
The Awesome One
Dreamers gone. Such a shame. I think he should of announced his retirement on the show.
The Awesome One
TNA or Raw tonight then? Im going to watch Raw, becuase I have seen Hogan return so many times. Bret Hart though? Brilliant.Cannot wait. I haeard hes signed a short term contract, which probably means he will be around until Mania. Hopefully he inducts his bro Owen while hes at it.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ Jan 4 2010, 09:16 PM) *
TNA or Raw tonight then? Im going to watch Raw, becuase I have seen Hogan return so many times. Bret Hart though? Brilliant.Cannot wait. I haeard hes signed a short term contract, which probably means he will be around until Mania. Hopefully he inducts his bro Owen while hes at it.

Uh, what channel does TNA air on today then? It's not on until Saturday on Bravo.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 4 2010, 09:21 PM) *

Uh, what channel does TNA air on today then? It's not on until Saturday on Bravo.

Actually you can catch it on Virgin 1 on Friday.
All I have heard about is a new Monday night war, so naturally, I assume its on Monday.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ Jan 4 2010, 09:34 PM) *

All I have heard about is a new Monday night war, so naturally, I assume its on Monday.

No you can't. It was on Virgin for about a month, then they showed a random episode one night, then it got removed completely the next week.

It's broadcast live in the US tonight, but we don't get it until Saturday, since it usually broadcasts on Thursday in the US, and there's a two day delay. But Bravo won't change their programming schedule to accomodate a Monday night episode.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 4 2010, 09:40 PM) *
QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ Jan 4 2010, 09:34 PM) *

No you can't. It was on Virgin for about a month, then they showed a random episode one night, then it got removed completely the next week.

It's broadcast live in the US tonight, but we don't get it until Saturday, since it usually broadcasts on Thursday in the US, and there's a two day delay. But Bravo won't change their programming schedule to accomodate a Monday night episode.

I started watching TNA again when it was on virgin. I guess I could watch both now. Yippee.. mellow.gif
Massacre
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 4 2010, 04:21 PM) *

Bravo's a watchable channel in the UK?

I forgot TNA was on, guess it's too late now. Shame, anything would've beaten this episode of Raw.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 5 2010, 03:54 AM) *
I forgot TNA was on, guess it's too late now. Shame, anything would've beaten this episode of Raw.

Even Hulk Hogan?
DiO
Wait, Bret Hart is coming back?
The Awesome One

He did. Hes looks like hes gonna feud with Vince until Mania.
Massacre
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 5 2010, 02:05 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 5 2010, 03:54 AM) *

Even Hulk Hogan?

Clearly you didn't see Raw. I'm actually more entertained by ECW at the moment, first episode I've watched in months.

QUOTE (Destruction-Overdriv @ Jan 5 2010, 05:35 PM) *

Got a boner, eh?
DiO
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 5 2010, 11:02 PM) *
QUOTE (Destruction-Overdriv @ Jan 5 2010, 05:35 PM) *

Got a boner, eh?

Uhh, yah.
The Awesome One
I just found out that Booker T was very close to returning to the WWE. The deal fell through when he asked for a HBK style deal. He wanted limited house show dates.

Oh, and for those wonsdering about Bret. He wont be at tonights Raw. He will be at Next weeks though!!!
The Awesome One
Jeff Hardy, Mr.Kennedy and Brian Kendrick have all joined TNA. I couldnt believe it when I heard. And The Rock is talking about returning to the WWE in the summer!!!!! Jumpy.gif
Massacre
Some fucked up shit. Those cunts Hogan and Bischoff replaced TNA's ring with a four-sided ring at the PPV last night. I don't know how much longer TNA is going to last if they keep making changes and hiring these washed up geezers.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 18 2010, 10:13 PM) *
Some fucked up shit. Those cunts Hogan and Bischoff replaced TNA's ring with a four-sided ring at the PPV last night. I don't know how much longer TNA is going to last if they keep making changes and hiring these washed up geezers.

Cor, TNA is like WCW on fast forward.
ViceMan

Yes I heard it was a normal ring, any explanation? I haven't seen the PPV yet since according to the schedule Bravo aren't going to show it on Wednesday.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 18 2010, 10:28 PM) *

Yes I heard it was a normal ring, any explanation? I haven't seen the PPV yet since according to the schedule Bravo aren't going to show it on Wednesday.

I heard the PPV was shit.
ViceMan
So is the four sided ring permanent? The six sided one was one of the things that made TNA unique. It'll just feel like WWE with a normal one.
The Awesome One
It is, but no TNA fans want it. Im posting some links to a wrestling forum im on, so I can show you how people are reacting. (me post in one of those...)
The links are all about TNA's mistakes. (Duh.)

TNA fans backlash

TNA Genesis

IGN interviews Hulk Hogan

Backstage fight
DiO
With Hogans senility, he can't comprehend 6 sides.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Destruction-Overdriv @ Jan 19 2010, 10:04 PM) *
With Hogans senility, he can't comprehend 6 sides.

I knew Hogan would take over and throw his weight around, I doubt he'll ever wrestle one match. Just sit on his arse dishing out orders to exact his fanatical revenge on WankyWrasslinEdutainment and fap over an old faded photo of him and Vince in the glory days.
Darth Sexy
I like that Jeff Hardy is back, but what was the point? He hasn't been on screen since January 4. So far I'm not impressed by Hogan/Bischoff. I don't care if it's a 4/6 sided ring, but with all the new people (most of whom are washed up has beens like The Nasty Boys) taking the spots of the people who made TNA interesting, it can't see this lasting long.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Jan 20 2010, 02:23 AM) *
I like that Jeff Hardy is back, but what was the point? He hasn't been on screen since January 4. So far I'm not impressed by Hogan/Bischoff. I don't care if it's a 4/6 sided ring, but with all the new people (most of whom are washed up has beens like The Nasty Boys) taking the spots of the people who made TNA interesting, it can't see this lasting long.

Yes, and Jeff Hardy hasn't been added to the roster list on the site, whereas the Nasty Boys, Hall and Waltman have.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 20 2010, 11:35 PM) *
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Jan 20 2010, 02:23 AM) *

Yes, and Jeff Hardy hasn't been added to the roster list on the site, whereas the Nasty Boys, Hall and Waltman have.

Apparently Waltman was brought in to take most of the bumps for Hall and Nash...if they can't take bumps, why the fuck are they under contract? Also, it seems The Nasty Boys want the tag titles....if they win it, I will not watch TNA until they lose them again.
ViceMan
I'll probably watch Impact on Saturday, but if they don't address certain issues I may not bother watching after that. Also if the PPVs aren't going to be shown any more then there's not much point watching anyway.
The Awesome One
Royal Rumble tonight. I cannot wait. Hopefully Jericho kicks everyones arse and wins the rumble!
Massacre
Jericho's current persona is so boring at this point, I can actually overlook his wrestling ability. When WWE brings back the Y2J persona, I'll agree with you.
Darth Sexy
SPOILERS

Edge is back, so that sets up Edge vs Jericho. If that doesn't renew interest in Jericho I don't know what will.
The Awesome One
Hey guys. Guess whos coming back to the WWE.

No. Not him. He sucked. Its John Morrisons former partner, Joey Mercury!

Joey will be joining CM Punk's Straight-Edge Society, so I guess he will be going bald, and he will probably feud with Morrison.
Massacre
QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ Feb 15 2010, 05:58 PM) *
Hey guys. Guess whos coming back to the WWE.

No. Not him. He sucked.

Shit.
Jacko
You all know it's just a show and they wont get hurt. But anyway I used to follow WWE actively back in 2002-2004 and stopped watching it afterwards. I think the traditional WWF was the best era of show-wrestling, not the 80's but the later WWF when guys like Stone Cold, The Rock, Kane and The Undertaker had more prominent roles. Kane was my favourite wrestler but without his mask he sucks. I dont like the new Kane at all and I think Glen Jacob's gimmick has gone worse.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Jacko90 @ Feb 16 2010, 08:48 PM) *
You all know it's just a show and they wont get hurt. But anyway I used to follow WWE actively back in 2002-2004 and stopped watching it afterwards. I think the traditional WWF was the best era of show-wrestling, not the 80's but the later WWF when guys like Stone Cold, The Rock, Kane and The Undertaker had more prominent roles. Kane was my favourite wrestler but without his mask he sucks. I dont like the new Kane at all and I think Glen Jacob's gimmick has gone worse.

Like OMG I totally didn't know that. rolleyes.gif

Broken necks, lost ears, torn tissue-its all made up right?
Jacko
I mean of course they might get hurt but the action in the ring has been planned beforehand. dry.gif
Jimothey
1:52 that's a famous Japanese Wrestler, so famous I've forgotten his name, but that broke his neck, and paralised him, he has just about got back walking, never wrestle again. shame because he was really good.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE (Jacko90 @ Feb 17 2010, 08:20 PM) *
I mean of course they might get hurt but the action in the ring has been planned beforehand. dry.gif

Wrestling is real. Stop lying.

I'm hoping for Jericho to win the EC so he can feud with Edge.
Jacko
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Feb 19 2010, 12:41 PM) *

It may seem very real but it's still entertainment and show-wrestling. wink.gif
Darth Sexy
QUOTE (Jacko90 @ Feb 19 2010, 10:26 PM) *

No it isn't. The Undertaker really did kill his parents.
Massacre
I killed my parents once.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Feb 19 2010, 01:34 PM) *

Wasn't it Kane who killed them? *serious face*

And yes, wrestling is all real. John Cena really is a shit rapper.
Jacko
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Feb 19 2010, 08:58 PM) *

According to the official storyline Undertaker killed their parents to get some sort of mystical demon powers and to accuire those powers he burned down the family's house in Death Valley. Parents were killed, Kane survived but his face was burned severly and that's why he wears a mask or atleast he used to. Novadays Kane is just a retard but The Undertaker is still cool.
Massacre
Am I the only one that thinks Kane looks like a giant retarded baby without his mask on?
ViceMan
QUOTE (Jacko90 @ Feb 19 2010, 07:29 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Feb 19 2010, 08:58 PM) *

According to the official storyline Undertaker killed their parents to get some sort of mystical demon powers and to accuire those powers he burned down the family's house in Death Valley. Parents were killed, Kane survived but his face was burned severly and that's why he wears a mask or atleast he used to. Novadays Kane is just a retard but The Undertaker is still cool.

Are you sure, I seem to remember Kane was the one that burnt it down? I dunno, maybe I am wrong. *more serious faces* mellow.gif
Jacko
Pretty positive. After Undertaker had burned down the house Kane was sent to mental institution from where Paul Bearer found him, telling him that he is his real dad and Kane started training. Then Kane made his debut by interfering Shawn Michael's and Undertaker's match at the Survivor Series in 1997. wink.gif

Am I the only one that thinks Kane looks like a giant retarded baby without his mask on?

I have to agree man. I thought Kane was way more cooler before that stupid storyline to ripp off his mask.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE (Jacko90 @ Feb 20 2010, 08:35 PM) *
Pretty positive. After Undertaker had burned down the house Kane was sent to mental institution from where Paul Bearer found him, telling him that he is his real dad and Kane started training. Then Kane made his debut by interfering Shawn Michael's and Undertaker's match at the Survivor Series in 1997. wink.gif

I have to agree man. I thought Kane was way more cooler before that stupid storyline to ripp off his mask.

Yeah, he's still solid in ring, his character just isn't special any more. Despite that cool backstory what is he now? A slightly fat bald man who seems to have anger issues.

For the record, I am aware that wrestling is a work.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Feb 21 2010, 07:54 AM) *
QUOTE (Jacko90 @ Feb 20 2010, 08:35 PM) *

Yeah, he's still solid in ring, his character just isn't special any more. Despite that cool backstory what is he now? A slightly fat bald man who seems to have anger issues.

For the record, I am aware that wrestling is a work.

I think we all are.

The Chamber tonight, whos gonna win? I'm betting Jericho wins the SD match and Sheamus wins the Raw match.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.