Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrestling
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
ViceMan
Doesn't WWE own the NWO trademark though?
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Oct 29 2009, 10:49 PM) *
Doesn't WWE own the NWO trademark though?

Thats a good point. They own the WCW trademark, so they probably own the NWO trademark.
Darth Sexy
I would assume WWE does own the nWo trade mark. Can't stop TNA making a cheap knock off, though. Also, don't know if anyone saw it a week or two ago, but Hamada hitting a moonsault off the apron through a table onto Alissa Flash was great.
The Awesome One
I decided to watch TNA yesterday. Most boring thing ever. Wrestlers kept running out after a match to attack somebody. The matches were short and crap.
Massacre
I pretty much just need to see TNA's PPV's to get my fill. At the last one (Bound For Glory?), Daffney broke her fucking arm going through some barbed wire board or something. I fucking love her. Show me one "Diva" from the WWE that can claim a legit injury like that.
DiO
I've been watching wrestling matches off the internet cause I don't got internet. Watched a bunch of Bret Hart ones yesterday. Good stuff.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 1 2009, 04:03 AM) *
I pretty much just need to see TNA's PPV's to get my fill. At the last one (Bound For Glory?), Daffney broke her fucking arm going through some barbed wire board or something. I fucking love her. Show me one "Diva" from the WWE that can claim a legit injury like that.

Mickie James. Although, this was in TNA under the name Alexis Laree. Point taken. This weeks Impact wasn't amazing, although Bubba Dudley fucking up a Rock Bottom was pretty brutal.
Massacre
QUOTE (I am really cool. @ Oct 31 2009, 03:35 PM) *
I've been watching wrestling matches off the internet cause I don't got internet. Watched a bunch of Bret Hart ones yesterday. Good stuff.

I like to watch the Montreal Screwjob match whenever my burning hatred for Shawn Michaels cools to a slight boil.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 31 2009, 05:03 PM) *

I like her, she's my sort of girl. drool.gif
Massacre
Well, I've learned something about Vicey today. If you're ever in America, I know some places you should visit.
DiO
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 1 2009, 12:34 PM) *

I like to watch the Montreal Screwjob match whenever my burning hatred for Shawn Michaels cools to a slight boil.

LOL! Bret knocked Vince the fuck out backstage after that.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 1 2009, 06:20 PM) *
Well, I've learned something about Vicey today. If you're ever in America, I know some places you should visit.

Naw not the whole zombie paint and stuff nigguh, I just like her.
The Awesome One
Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne host tommorow,and Ricky Hatton hosts next week.

Next week im going to the smackdown taping on november 10th.
Massacre
QUOTE (I am really cool. @ Nov 1 2009, 02:35 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 1 2009, 12:34 PM) *

LOL! Bret knocked Vince the fuck out backstage after that.

I would've done it right in the ring. Bret's the shit.

QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Nov 1 2009, 04:51 PM) *
Next week im going to the smackdown taping on november 10th.

Fuckin' A. Make an iGTA.com sign.
The Awesome One
Ozzy was OK, not the best, not the worst. But he was funny. Sharon was terrible. Too loud on the mic, called the Miz, "a little boy," and she was over the top. But not in a good way.
Darth Sexy
The guest host gimmick is very hit and miss. I also dislike how it's becoming and entertainment show. I wanna see half naked men roll around on the floor, for fucks sake.
The Awesome One
I reckon Ricky Hatton would be better than Ozzy as a guest host, simply because the crowd will love the guy. Hes like the king of british boxing over here.

Christian vs Regal for the ECW title next week. Even though im a Christian fan, I hope Regal wins because each time I see Regal fight live in England he loses.
DiO
QUOTE (Darth_Sexy @ Nov 4 2009, 01:11 AM) *
The guest host gimmick is very hit and miss. I also dislike how it's becoming and entertainment show. I wanna see half naked men roll around on the floor, for fucks sake.

Yah, same.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Nov 5 2009, 03:38 AM) *
I reckon Ricky Hatton would be better than Ozzy as a guest host, simply because the crowd will love the guy. Hes like the king of british boxing over here.

Christian vs Regal for the ECW title next week. Even though im a Christian fan, I hope Regal wins because each time I see Regal fight live in England he loses.

I'd like to see Regal win it, and Christian move brands using the momentum he's built himself.
The Awesome One
Its a shame that Christian was moved to ECW when we all discovered he was meant to run over Jeff Hardy. He would of been on Smackdown, possibly as a world champion.
DiO
QUOTE (Darth_Sexy @ Nov 4 2009, 07:00 PM) *
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Nov 5 2009, 03:38 AM) *

I'd like to see Regal win it, and Christian move brands using the momentum he's built himself.

I've always been a Regal fan. Hes a good wrestler and hes prety good with the acting. He should have lost fat and bukled up time ago. I bet he could have been a way bigger name.
Darth Sexy
I dunno, I've been watching him since his WcW days. I've always liked him, but he's never been above the midcard. I think he had some substance abuse problems, which may have influenced it.
The Awesome One
Last night was good. Regal vs Chritian was a great match, IMO the best match on last night. Smackdown was OK, best match was Y2J vs taker.
ViceMan
Watched TNA Turning Point last night, I liked the Angle vs Wolfe match, some very good solid wrestling holds used there, and the crowd weren't booing Wolfe as much as I thought they would for an English bloke. Plus the crowds' informative chants of "this is wrestling" were handy in case you'd turned over and didn't realise what you were watching. (Oh and the "Screw Hulk Hogan" one made me laugh too.) The Styles vs Daniels vs Joe match wasn't as good as I expected, but still alright for a main event. Apart from that it was pretty average, although I missed the first few matches.
The Awesome One
Hopefully Jericho wins tommorow, would be great to see another world title round his waist.
Massacre
I wish Undertaker would go back to the biker gimmick, he just can't pull off the Deadman thing anymore. Still, he'll be retiring soon, so I imagine they'll send him out the same way they brought him in.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 21 2009, 11:46 PM) *
I wish Undertaker would go back to the biker gimmick, he just can't pull off the Deadman thing anymore. Still, he'll be retiring soon, so I imagine they'll send him out the same way they brought him in.

I disagree. There is always more of a atmosphere when the current Taker arrives. This gimmick makes him seem like a legend.
Darth Sexy
Yeah, I didn't like the biker gimmick. Also, apparently Paul Burchill is heading to Raw. Wish he was going to Smackdown, he might actually wrestle if he was on Smackdown.
The Awesome One
Christian and Helms/Hurricane need to go to Raw. Christian would be a god main eventer, Helms will be good in the lower section of the show. Burchill though? That would kill off another brit.

Speaking of brits, what do people think of Drew Mcintyre? I saw him in 2006 at some wrestling event, he was the best there. Hopefully he goes to ECW so he can see what its like to main event. He will be a world champion one day, I bet.
angeal18
I haven't watched wrestling in 2 or 3 years. I used to love it back in the day, But when it got to like 2006 or so, I just said to hell with this. It got so corny and they would reuse the same people over and over.
The last great wrestling match I saw was John Cena vs RVD at ECW One Night Stand.
Massacre
QUOTE (angeal 18 @ Nov 22 2009, 11:50 AM) *
The last great wrestling match I saw was John Cena vs RVD at ECW One Night Stand.

I remember that. From what I heard, Cena was supposed to win that match, but a group of people in the crowd had a sign that said "If Cena Wins We Riot," so they changed the finish at the last second.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 22 2009, 06:47 PM) *
QUOTE (angeal 18 @ Nov 22 2009, 11:50 AM) *

I remember that. From what I heard, Cena was supposed to win that match, but a group of people in the crowd had a sign that said "If Cena Wins We Riot," so they changed the finish at the last second.

That's so fucking funny, a locker room full of beefed up men and a whole security team (and probably external security too) and they're scared of a few semi-drunk fans.
Massacre
They were original ECW fans in the crowd, that whole place would've gone up.
The Awesome One
My brother said that Cena vs RVD was the greatest match in history. He declared that Edge was the best ever to grace a ECW ring. What about the other ECW's?
Massacre
Edge was never in a fucking ECW ring, fuck what WWE calls it. The second WWE bought them out, ECW was dead forever.
Darth Sexy
I'd love to see Christian and Helms on a proper show. I haven't taken to McIntyre, as I'm thoroughly sick of watching him assault Finlay before the match. If they wanna get McIntyre over stick him in a proper match with Finlay. Beating Finlay in a 10 minute match will put him over way better than having him do beat downs before the match. Same with Sheamus, put him against a real opponent, god dammit.

RVD vs Cena was a good match. It's rare that I say that about Cena.
The Awesome One
Survivor Series sucked. Y2J didnt win the world title. sad.gif He should have won. He has been turning Jerishow, which everybody thought was gonna be crap, into a good team. Yea, Show did his bit as well, but not as much as Jericho.

Cena won, and DX look like they are gonna split. So HHH and HBK are gonna end their wrestling life against each other. And both are going to retire at Wrestlemania.
I am betting that the HBK vs HHH at Wrestlemania 26 will end ina crappy ending, also known as a draw. It will be a retirement match. Vince will then come out and sack them both.
Massacre
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Nov 23 2009, 12:44 AM) *
I haven't taken to McIntyre, as I'm thoroughly sick of watching him assault Finlay before the match. If they wanna get McIntyre over stick him in a proper match with Finlay. Beating Finlay in a 10 minute match will put him over way better than having him do beat downs before the match. Same with Sheamus, put him against a real opponent, god dammit.

Funny you should mention this, as Sheamus just beat Finlay on Raw.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 24 2009, 11:32 AM) *
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Nov 23 2009, 12:44 AM) *
I haven't taken to McIntyre, as I'm thoroughly sick of watching him assault Finlay before the match. If they wanna get McIntyre over stick him in a proper match with Finlay. Beating Finlay in a 10 minute match will put him over way better than having him do beat downs before the match. Same with Sheamus, put him against a real opponent, god dammit.

Funny you should mention this, as Sheamus just beat Finlay on Raw.

About time Sheamus had a proper match.
Massacre
He's also the number 1 contender for the WWE title after winning the battle royal they had later that night.
The Awesome One
Sheamus has been here for what, 6 weeks? And hes already getting a shot? He doesnt even have a proper name.
Darth Sexy
While it is odd that he's got the title shot after he's had, what, 1 proper match? 2? But I am just glad that we're gonna get something fresh in the main event.
Massacre
The fact that he's suddenly getting not only a title shot, but a title shot against their biggest (as in, most lucrative, not most talented) star following several squash matches, leads me to believe they're grooming him to be a significantly less impressive Brock Lesnar.
Darth Sexy
That would be my guess. Putting him against Cena is a good way to quickly get him over as a heel, though. Also, it's time Morrison lost the IC title and got a main event push. Ziggler is currently a joke, and the IC belt could give him some credibility.
Massacre
I hear they've given up on Ziggler.
Darth Sexy
Making him 0-8 in IC title matches didn't help him.
ViceMan
It's funny to think you're talking about WWE, I haven't watched it properly since 2001. All these names sound right faggoty, a bunch of noobs.
The Awesome One
Swagger would be better.
Massacre
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Nov 25 2009, 01:11 AM) *

Actually, between house shows and dark matches, he's 0-26.

QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Nov 25 2009, 01:23 PM) *
Swagger would be better.

Swagger can wrestle, but he's just one of those people that looks like he really needs to be punched in the face, you know?
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 25 2009, 08:47 PM) *
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Nov 25 2009, 01:11 AM) *

Actually, between house shows and dark matches, he's 0-26.

QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Nov 25 2009, 01:23 PM) *
Swagger would be better.

Swagger can wrestle, but he's just one of those people that looks like he really needs to be punched in the face, you know?

Yea I know. I want to hate him but I cant help but cheer him on every time. He must be a very good heel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.