Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I like the old forums better
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
macorules94
The new theme is, different, and doesn't feel like GTA4.tv

All my posts are gone, not that i had much anyway.

Can't a mod make any new Theme options?

Who's with me? lol
DuffMan
We upgraded the old forums and the old theme wasn't 100% compatible with the new version. We're also still making changes to the template which we don't want to have to repeat for any customs themes until we're totally happy with it. And the old IVTV theme wouldn't match the new site.

New themes will be coming at some point, but don't hold your breath for them.
DiO
This is just the default skin. I'm used to it. Like an a old friend.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (macorules94 @ Sep 13 2009, 02:40 PM) *
The new theme is, different, and doesn't feel like GTA4.tv

All my posts are gone, not that i had much anyway.

Can't a mod make any new Theme options?

Who's with me? lol

I agree with you that the theme's need a bit of work, as i like dark themes biggrin.gif.

It doesn't feel like GTA4.tv because now its iGrandTheftAuto.com

As far as post count goes, we all lost the post count.... biggrin.gif
DuPz0r
I don't mind the theme as default. The grey sort of gave the old forums a repressed feel anyway.
TwoFacedTanner
Eh, they ain't too bad. I like the new youtube button. Makes is a shit load easier to post videos.
ViceMan
I think whatever theme you choose for the site should default to the forum as well. For consistency's sake.
The Awesome One
I just miss my post count.
ConQueSteD
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 13 2009, 12:47 PM) *

yours was mostly spam anyway so quiet your bitching already.
ViceMan
Continue spamming away and it'll be restored. Find every topic you haven't replied to and just talk bollocks. "Do it for the lulz."
ConQueSteD
lol he will post some nonsense post here in a moment saying "none of it was spam".
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ConQueSteD @ Sep 13 2009, 05:55 PM) *
lol he will post some nonsense post here in a moment saying "none of it was spam".

LOL..
DiO
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 13 2009, 12:47 PM) *

I had 7 or 8 thou. So stfu. smile.gif

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 13 2009, 11:08 AM) *
I don't mind the theme as default. The grey sort of gave the old forums a repressed feel anyway.

I know a lot of regs put on the default anyways over the IVTV skin.
ConQueSteD
i didn't even know their was a 2nd theme other i thought it was only 1 for the longest time.
Massacre
QUOTE (QD-O @ Sep 13 2009, 12:59 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 13 2009, 11:08 AM) *

I know a lot of regs put on the default anyways over the IVTV skin.

Yup. OG style, nukka.
TheAnalogKid2112
Heh.. I love the new forum 100% better. It''s fantastic IMO. Post count don't mean shit to me. And I always had the default skin applied, so it looks exactly the same.

QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 13 2009, 09:47 AM) *

Oh. My. God.

QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 13 2009, 09:59 AM) *
QUOTE (ConQueSteD @ Sep 13 2009, 05:55 PM) *

LOL..

Oh! Another spammy post!
ConQueSteD
i would seriously pay Psy or Duff $20 to make his post count -600 and make him work his way back to zero.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (ConQueSteD @ Sep 13 2009, 02:45 PM) *
i would seriously pay Psy or Duff $20 to make his post count -600 and make him work his way back to zero.

hehe

Anyway I loved the IVTV skin. Default is so-so. but that aqua one was shit.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ConQueSteD @ Sep 13 2009, 07:45 PM) *

I would outbid you.
ConQueSteD
I can only go up to $50 then i guess you would win. Back to topic.

I guess we will get a new forum skin when the time comes which should be within 3 months hopefully.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ConQueSteD @ Sep 13 2009, 07:55 PM) *
I can only go up to $50 then i guess you would win. Back to topic.

I guess we will get a new forum skin when the time comes which should be within 3 months hopefully.

Yea, I would outbid you then.

I prefered the IVTV skin, it just looked slicker. This seems a bit blank to me.
DuffMan
I don't need any payment if you're just going to constantly spam the fuck out of the forums. I never realised it got this bad on the old boards. Old habits die hard.

... What I'm trying to say is keep the off-topic retardedness to the Asylum. And don't reply to me saying 'okay' because that's irritating as hell and you'll just get warned =/

Please continue...
The Awesome One
I love the fact that this site has strayed away from the forum and is now using all of the site. GTA4.TV seemed a little crap to be honest. (If you didnt count the forum) It was down to the fact that as soon as the pages on there had finshed, it was just the forum that had regular changes. Now the site can be changed anywhere. Its all interactive. When we had GTA4.TV, I used to view the other sites, just see what was going down that you guys didnt pick up on. Now, I dont feel I need to.

ViceMan
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 13 2009, 09:31 PM) *
I love the fact that this site has strayed away from the forum and is now using all of the site. GTA4.TV seemed a little crap to be honest. (If you didnt count the forum) It was down to the fact that as soon as the pages on there had finshed, it was just the forum that had regular changes. Now the site can be changed anywhere. Its all interactive. When we had GTA4.TV, I used to view the other sites, just see what was going down that you guys didnt pick up on. Now, I dont feel I need to.

And we're all truly grateful.
TheAnalogKid2112
Yeah, I NEVER went on GTA4.TV after I joined the forums. And I mean never. Was too bland and boring, and I didn't notice anything different each time I went. I just had the forums bookmarked. Now on the new site, I'm sometimes on the site more than the forums!
ViceMan
TBH I have hardly checked the new site, I don't use the gimmicky stuff like facebook and twitter.
TreeFitty
i too never really went on the main page of IVTV. i think the new skin (the current one) for the homepage was up for a week before i noticed it.
DiO
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Sep 13 2009, 04:55 PM) *
TBH I have hardly checked the new site, I don't use the gimmicky stuff like facebook and twitter.

facebook is hardly gimmicky. I mean, I suppose it is if you don't have any friends.
Ex-PS Fanboy
This forums in nearly exact as the old one, apart from the skin.
b1b23
I actually don't mind this current default skin, reminds me of when the site was gta-sanandreas.com(pre gta4.tv).
Kinda sucks that many of the old topics/posts are gone though.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (b1b23 @ Sep 17 2009, 06:13 PM) *
I actually don't mind this current default skin, reminds me of when the site was gta-sanandreas.com(pre gta4.tv).
Kinda sucks that many of the old topics/posts are gone though.

not really "gone" they went to the archive.
b1b23
awesome, i did not know that.
Massacre
Don't get too excited, they're read-only.
trathen93
i think we need to just remake the most popular topics, the members are here but theres nowhere for them to post
TreeFitty
The Asylum is basically covered....
Caliph
I like the new site better. IVTV wasn't my cup of tea. As for the forums, it's the same thing. I never used the dark, depressing IPB skin. I always stuck to default, so it's not like I'll be missing a damn thing from the old site. In fact, this new one is more interactive and has tons of exciting features. One thing's for certain, I won't be discouraged from reading the actual front page every now and then as opposed to before where I immediately visited the forums. I won't be missing anything from the old forums either since I only posted about 300 times, which isn't a lot when comparing it to the amount of spam we usually see around here.
Dragon Warrior
lol what's the difference bro?

It's just like the move from gta-sananadreas.com to gtaguides to gta4.tv
§ynch
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 14 2009, 08:21 AM) *
This forums in nearly exact as the old one, apart from the skin.

skin's the same for me scooter.gif
DiO
Is there another skin coming or are we sticking with the default?
Benzilla
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 13 2009, 05:47 PM) *

What is it with you and creaming over the number of posts you have?
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Benzilla @ Sep 21 2009, 10:35 AM) *

it's all that kid had in life. sad.gif
GLC
I guess all the moaning would be kinda understandable if his post count was actually quite high...
Benzilla
QUOTE (GLC @ Sep 21 2009, 06:21 PM) *
I guess all the moaning would be kinda understandable if his post count was actually quite high...

I've not heard anyone else crying that had a massive post count. Just him.
GLC
Hence "kinda understandable".
DuffMan
Borderline trolling now, guys. Move it on.
Benzilla
*moves on* What you guys think of the weather? Wait shit... now that's spam. Emm... New Forums > Old Forums? Because... More content? yay!
The Awesome One
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 21 2009, 04:32 PM) *

GTA4.TV was the first forum ive ever joined. Thats why I miss my post count. sad.gif
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 21 2009, 04:46 PM) *

GTA4.TV was the first forum ive ever joined. Thats why I miss my post count. sad.gif

awwww we popped your cherry? no wonder you're clinging to this place. wub.gif
The Awesome One
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 21 2009, 09:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 21 2009, 04:46 PM) *

awwww we popped your cherry? no wonder you're clinging to this place. wub.gif

Its the only good GTA fan site around.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (GLC @ Sep 21 2009, 10:21 AM) *

I know, right? You were the original GTA4.TV whore. You had 1000 posts in like.. less than 2 months. notworthy.gif

QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Sep 21 2009, 01:46 PM) *

Oh, man are you missing out. Go here then: www.beastforums.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.