QUOTE (Destruction-Overdriv @ Jan 16 2010, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 14 2010, 06:03 PM)
Max Payne is also suffering because of this miss management problem, in the US.http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/14/source-m...fering-from-mi/
It's funny because staff are dropping out and someone from R* has emailed my Tutor Niel (He worked on Golden Eye) asking for animation degree graduates with exceptional animation show-reels. I wish i was a third year right now, this would have been a perfect opportunity for me to get a job at R*N!
Tell me about it. This is what R* North emailed to my teacher:
I hope you don’t mind me contacting you. I received your details from a former colleague of mine, Mike Bambury. Until recently I worked for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe in their London office but a few months before Christmas I made the move to Rockstar North up in Edinburgh.
To cut a long story short, I’m on the scowl for super, top quality animators to work on a couple of very exciting projects here at Rockstar North.
My role is to build an animation team that is capable of raising the standard of in-game animations and the only way to meet our huge ambition is to foster one of the strongest animation teams in the business. We're looking for truly exceptional people to join an already brimming team. I appreciate that it’s a little early for students to be applying for jobs but we’re determined to expand carefully, meaning time is most definitely on our side.
Please feel free to forward this message on to anyone who you think may be a good fit. If the core ability is there, we will consider all levels of experience.
All the best,
We would like to hear from talented animators with a range of experience & backgrounds to produce in-game animations for future projects at Rockstar North.
• Minimum of 3-year degree with an emphasis in character animation or equivalent work experience.
• Outstanding demo reel demonstrating strong animation ability and good aesthetic eye.
• Exceptional skill in animating realistic human characters.
• Thorough understanding and application of classic animation principles (staging, timing, anticipation, follow through, etc.)
• The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a wide variety of project staff.
• Consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity.
• Assist in the integration of animation with designers and engineers to create compelling in-game animation.
• Strong interest in video games.
• Experience with motion capture and MotionBuilder• Professional experience developing a third person action game.
• Strong traditional animation/art background
All applicants should be fluent in one or more of the major packages with MotionBuilder experience an advantage.
Please note: ALL applications should be accompanied by a demo reel, either on DVD or a web link.
• Demo reels should be no longer than 3 minutes.
• Sound is not important.
• This is a full-time position.