Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Midnight Club Los Angeles
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Rockstar Games
ThomasH
Created with permission

For several years Midnight Club has been at the top of open world racing games, the same goes for Midnight Club Los Angeles, for the first time ever Midnight Club has a 24hour cycle, and traffic will change based on the time.
The game is powered by the R.A.G.E engine, which stands for Rockstar Advanced Game Engine, by using this engine Rockstar is capable of creating realistic graphics.

Details.

MC has good “GTA” like cutscenes this means: Good Motion capture, Lip-sync and good dialogs.
The characters in the game are tough , great, stereotype, like real Rockstars.
The story adds a little bit more to the game, you know what you are racing for, but if you only want to race, you can skip the cut scenes.
When you are cruising on the street, and you see an opponent, he has a arrow above is car, when you drive up to him and press Y ( Or Triangle) , than you can start racing immediately.
When racing someone you met on the street, you see a little cutscene between the drivers.
The game has a couple of new views , the standard one is a view that swings along with the car as you drive, but there ss also a classic view you know from the previous games.
If you lose you still get some money and reputation points, so you are still making progress throughout the game.
Multiplayer Details.

There are 11 multiplayer modes, from basis checkpoint races to “Stockpile” mode.
MCLA Multiplayer includes a “cruise” mode well-known from Burnout Paradise.
In the cruise mode, you can just drive online and enjoy the beauty of Los Angeles, but at any time you can start racing on your own circuit which you can create in the race editor!

More Videos Here.

Rockstar Released 2 car packs for Midnight Club Los Angeles, this is my favorite car.
Want to know more about these packs? Click Me!

Detailed Information.

Game: MidnightClub Los Angeles
Developer : Rockstar Games San Diego
Publisher: Take-Two
Platform: PS3, Xbox 360
Engine: R.A.G.E ( Rockstar Advanced Game Engine)
Social Club Features: Yes : Status Sync, Driving Test, Gallery and More!
Downloadble Content: Yes , South Central Update and 2 Vehicle Packs.
RamzKilla
I really wanted this game, I just never got around to getting it. I gotta finish all these damn games I have now before starting new ones. wallbash_red.gif
Ex-PS Fanboy
I love all MC games. This is probably my second favorite (MC2 ftw). If anybody on here's got this game I won't hesitate to play with you.
bOnEs
yea, i'm a late bloomer to this game... i bought it a few months ago when the priced dropped to $30... it's fun and the customization options are ridiculous!! the rubber-band AI drives me nuts sometimes but other times it works to my benefit since, i am always in the race even after a nasty crash early...

it's fun but, even i find some of the races way too hard... i am still working on the "yellow" races because, my cars aren't good enough to even challenge the tougher racers... i've already spent about 15 hours on this game and i don't even think i've gotten 30% of the way through... it's a pretty fucking deep racer...
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 15 2009, 01:55 PM) *
yea, i'm a late bloomer to this game... i bought it a few months ago when the priced dropped to $30... it's fun and the customization options are ridiculous!! the rubber-band AI drives me nuts sometimes but other times it works to my benefit since, i am always in the race even after a nasty crash early...

it's fun but, even i find some of the races way too hard... i am still working on the "yellow" races because, my cars aren't good enough to even challenge the tougher racers... i've already spent about 15 hours on this game and i don't even think i've gotten 30% of the way through... it's a pretty fucking deep racer...

The AI in MC2 was much harder. Mostly because they drive like complete psychopaths and try to ram you off the road. Once you get to the final level some of the racers you encounter will take you days to complete. But as for you having trouble, what car are you using? I had a Datsun at level 2 upgrades for a while, then I used a RX-8 until I won the Camaro Concept DUB.
bOnEs
nissan skyline... maybe i'm just not that good at it laugh.gif...
Ex-PS Fanboy
mellow.gif Your failing Medium level races with a Skyline?

Ummm.... Uhhhh..... OH!

You could try a Tier 2 car with level one or two uprgades (If your skyline is upgraded then I have no comment).
bOnEs
no, i'm not failing medium races with the skyline, i'm failing the harder ones because, i don't think my car is fast enough... i was having the same problem with the first south central medium race at the start because i was using the eclipse at the time...

but, i'm not always winning with the skyline... i still lose from time to time... at least this game doesn't make you win every race, except for the ones that you "have" to win... you can lose a few races and still earn rep and money...
Viva La Dillon
This game is badass. Love the graphics and gameplay. Probably the best "racing" game out there to this day.
bOnEs
it for sure has it's upsides... it really feels intense from the get-go... lots of action in the middle of the race but, that's probably from the traffic... but that's what adds the extra oomph to the play... i like it... i doubt i'll ever get platinum but, i wanted to buy a racing game for the PS3 and it seems like i got my money's worth with this one...
Ex-PS Fanboy
It's actually not that hard to platinum. The only thing that is really giving my trouble is True Dedication.
Kamahl
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 16 2009, 10:24 AM) *
It's actually not that hard to platinum. The only thing that is really giving my trouble is True Dedication.

its not that hard but it will take some time... also, the BS trophies like "play with 5 friends at the same time" are not exactly easy...
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Sep 17 2009, 01:31 AM) *

its not that hard but it will take some time... also, the BS trophies like "play with 5 friends at the same time" are not exactly easy...

Well then why don't you add 5 other people you see playing and then invite them all into a race? is that possible?
Pieface
I didn't like this game, at all. I wanted too but I found doing the same race for the 5th time in a row got too tedious and too boring.
Kamahl
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 17 2009, 02:00 PM) *
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Sep 17 2009, 01:31 AM) *

Well then why don't you add 5 other people you see playing and then invite them all into a race? is that possible?

yeah its possible but considering that most of the time there are only like 8 people or less out of 16 possible, and not everyone will accept your invite... its not that easy and well... im to lazy to keep trying that until i get the trophy
ThomasH
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 16 2009, 05:24 PM) *

If you take the time it's not that hard, just finish all the Goal attacks with the best scores and no damage. smile.gif

Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (W1ckeD @ Sep 20 2009, 07:06 AM) *
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 16 2009, 05:24 PM) *

If you take the time it's not that hard, just finish all the Goal attacks with the best scores and no damage. smile.gif

Yeah I know, I just don't have the patience to complete it.
DANNY B0Y
Haven't played MC for ages. ATM I'm still trying to beat Nikolai for his vehicle.
GLC
I totally forgot about this until I saw it sitting at the bottom of the game pile... ohmy.gif

I'll play it as soon as I finish this latest run-through of GTA IV.
DANNY B0Y
Beaten Nikolai, I'm concentrating on the green races so I can make $1000 because I had jackshit money and got busted witha $1000 fine. At least I got his car.
ThomasH
Hee Guys. smile.gif

Get some tips on the Audi R8.

This was some work (!), check out every car in Midnight Club Los Angeles, Tuned and the normal version.

Have fun.
Arthur
Actually, good game. I have it on my psp
ThomasH
QUOTE (Arthur @ Dec 5 2009, 10:46 PM) *
Actually, good game. I have it on my psp

Yeah the PSP Version kick ass. smile.gif
trathen93
just dusted off some of my racing games after fixing my steering wheel. even with the force feedback, none of them really felt weighty apart from this. the cars on others like nfs undercover felt the same. while on mcla the cars feel so good. the golf that I first got feels light and the camero feels heavy and so realistic. love this game and the steering wheel improves it so much. anyone who wants a good racin game for cheap then this is for you.
Kamahl
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Mar 13 2010, 03:09 PM) *
just dusted off some of my racing games after fixing my steering wheel. even with the force feedback, none of them really felt weighty apart from this. the cars on others like nfs undercover felt the same. while on mcla the cars feel so good. the golf that I first got feels light and the camero feels heavy and so realistic. love this game and the steering wheel improves it so much. anyone who wants a good racin game for cheap then this is for you.

nice, what steering wheel do you have?

I got a G25 in january and never bothered to try it with this game, just with GT5:P and GT4... Im guessing it will work fine? Id try myself right now but its late and i dont wanna turn my PS3 on.
trathen93
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Mar 18 2010, 07:05 AM) *
nice, what steering wheel do you have?

I got a G25 in january and never bothered to try it with this game, just with GT5:P and GT4... Im guessing it will work fine? Id try myself right now but its late and i dont wanna turn my PS3 on.

ive got a logitech driving force ex, i suppose that any logitech will work with it, they seem to be the standard brand for steering wheels on consoles
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.